Ayelldee

Conjectures About March Release

With the site redesign, it does seem like the chances of a new release are fading. I do love the new background, but I miss the monthly release. I did like having the regular scedule to plan around.

@ Syphoneira - thank you for your kind words. It looks like we both missed out a fai chunk of time, and the releases of the Undines and the Pyralspites, both dragons I was waiting to own. So far, I have two of the Green Undines, 3 Pyropes and a Spessartine as well as 3 Blue-Bandeds, 5 Camine Wyverns, 2 Cassares. I hope your hunting goes well.

Oh, well, we can hope for next week, or the week after, I suppose.

Do wish we'd go back to scheduled monthly Releases, though, even if they d have to be daytime ones...

^ Totally agree!

Aww! While I like the new art/design stuff I really would have preferred a new dragon Release. It's been SOOOOOOO long!

Nowhere did I mention that -everyone- that has a lot of them uses bots. I have seen multiple threads off-site mentioning the bots used to make such things happen. It is also rude to put words in my mouth. Anyway, this is off-topic, so this is the last time I will be replying here.

True enough... this poster didn't say EVERYONE. Just that they believed there were people who do.

Probably most of those people got them fair and square.

However, anyone that IS caught using bots deserves to be ban-hammered by TJ. HARD.

AS for a new release. I'd be cool with one. I'd be cool without one. It is sort of NICE to have time to work on other things... THOUGH I admit being concerned every weekend that I may have to drop my eggs to grab new stuff is a LITTLE disconcerting... atm, I don't have ANYTHING terribly irreplaceable, so IF I had to unlock myself for a release it wouldn't be any HUGE loss.

Edited by Silverswift

I have only one egg I can't replace on my scroll atm so I am totally stoked for there to be a release tomorrow!

I have three eggs atm. One will be hatched by tomorrow, the other two are trade fodder I can incuhatch if I have to in the event of a release.

I just caught a CB silver the other day. I see them pop up, and usually it's just a matter of me not being hovered over the right spot at the right time which makes me miss it.

I ran a Google search, and it does appear that bots have been used in the past (there is apparently much whining about ones not working anymore). So the chances that they are still used are pretty high. Still, I have managed to catch 2 golds and 8 silvers on my own (not through trades, definitely not through scripts!), and I've only been playing actively for about a year and half. I've caught a ton of trios and coppers, as well. Regardless, it seems a pretty high risk to take. If a person is caught, their scroll will be burned, and all those metals they have will be gone.

Anyway, I'd be alright with a release this weekend, as I have four eggs hatching by then and the other three are ones I could breed again if need be. As long as it's a reasonable-length release, I'll be able to get a bunch of the new eggs. If it's a short one, it might be difficult, as I will be visiting Museum Row in Chicago tomorrow (yay!). I'll have to check in periodically from my phone.

I just caught a CB silver the other day. I see them pop up, and usually it's just a matter of me not being hovered over the right spot at the right time which makes me miss it.

I ran a Google search, and it does appear that bots have been used in the past (there is apparently much whining about ones not working anymore). So the chances that they are still used are pretty high. Still, I have managed to catch 2 golds and 8 silvers on my own (not through trades, definitely not through scripts!), and I've only been playing actively for about a year and half. I've caught a ton of trios and coppers, as well. Regardless, it seems a pretty high risk to take. If a person is caught, their scroll will be burned, and all those metals they have will be gone.

Anyway, I'd be alright with a release this weekend, as I have four eggs hatching by then and the other three are ones I could breed again if need be. As long as it's a reasonable-length release, I'll be able to get a bunch of the new eggs. If it's a short one, it might be difficult, as I will be visiting Museum Row in Chicago tomorrow (yay!). I'll have to check in periodically from my phone.

Hope you have a nice time!

Just looked it up and it sounds fabulous.

Lol, good to hear that at least some bots were forestalled. smile.gif

Yeah, a fair number of people do seem to be catching metals lately, so hopefully that means something's been done about them, lol.

I still haven't seen any myself, though, lol.

After trying last weekend to keep space in case of a Release, today I originally had two eggs which will hatch in 12 hours from now-ish, but then today received an egg I was not expecting to be bred for some time, was gifted a pretty, and then figured that if Silvers were breeding I'd better try some that were open and managed to breed two eggs which I hope to be able to swap for something useful, so, yeah, so much for being prepared! xd.png

The odds of a Release tomorrow, despite the unlikelihood with all of TJs recent labours on the site, have just increased - since I'm darned near locked, lol.

xd.png So true. TJ09 looks at the eggslot status of the members:

OH, it seems that 99% of users are egglocked. TIME FOR A RELEASE!

*cue the troll song*

xd.png So true. TJ09 looks at the eggslot status of the members:

OH, it seems that 99% of users are egglocked. TIME FOR A RELEASE!

*cue the troll song*

*Gigglesnorts* Then we should all lock our scrolls so we can get new dragons! tongue.gif

Silvers have been breeding really well. Rares, in general, have been. I finally got the right breed offspring from several of my pairs! That's why I am locked at the moment. I'll have a minimum of 4 egg slots, even if I do decide to keep the three others I bred. They're just a 3rd gen purebred copper and a couple more common 2nd gens I needed for mates. I can rebreed them any time.

Do we know for sure that TJ will release on weekends, though? I know it's no longer the same weekend, but will it always be a Saturday?

No new dragon breaks my heart.

I've never been on a regular release before... Even if I started playing on 2013 sad.gif

I'm so egg-locked right now it's pretty bad. Will keep an eye out to see if there will be a Release. Not really expecting it now with all the work on the new layout and all. Sad.

Yeah when I saw the new layout I thought "well, there goes chances of anything else" but maybe they'll have one of those times when they throw a lot at us at once

Yeah when I saw the new layout I thought "well, there goes chances of anything else" but maybe they'll have one of those times when they throw a lot at us at once

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. With all the people talking about lagging loading and such, I don't see a Release this weekend til all the bugs are worked out.

Be NEEDIN' me some new dragons!

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. With all the people talking about lagging loading and such, I don't see a Release this weekend til all the bugs are worked out.

Be NEEDIN' me some new dragons!

I'm going to have to agree with Ayelldee, I am afraid.

I wouldn't MIND a new release, BUT given that there may be bugs to be worked out of the new layout... I don't see that happening til next week or MAYBE not til after.

It appears there will be no release today.

As soon as I saw the new design applied I feared it would bump any chance of a release. I had a bit of hope since TJ did not spell that out in his post, but it seems unlikely that such a major change and a new release would come so close together.

Can we still hope for next week???

I was hoping at least for a little Pi today, but it seems that 3.141592654, in Cave time, and now my local time as well. (3/14/15, 9:26:54 am) I guess the last chance for Pi would be at Cavetime pm.

I do like the new default scroll. Nakase's artwork is beautiful, and the only issue I had was the scroll sort, and the jerky scrolling. Those both resolved with suggestions offered in the News thread. I don't seem to be having any size or typeface issue. If anything, the type appears slightly larger, and there are no problems with the e on my computer's browser, FF36.

But I still want new dragons!

Crap. I work next weekend, too. :/ This makes me angry, my lunch break isn't long enough for me to have to fight through everyone else to get eggs! mad.gif Although it could still be on the 28th...

TJ you really dropped the ball on this, pie day was perfect!

Do we know for sure that TJ will release on weekends, though? I know it's no longer the same weekend, but will it always be a Saturday?

No one's really sure. We hope.

No one's really sure. We hope.

If I remember correctly, he said something along the line of 'it would MOST LIKELY be on the weekend' - but I might be misremembering.

ETA: Yup, here it is...snip..Future releases will (very likely) still be on weekends, but may be scattered throughout the month.

Edited by oddsoxdi