Ayelldee

Conjectures About March Release

As it's the last day of February, it's time to turn our thoughts to that Eternal Question - will there be a Release this month? Will we get any prior warning if there is? Think it'll still be around noon, as in the scheduled Releases, or at midnight like the old-time Releases?

Discuss please, and there's the refreshments table (pointing).

God please give us a release again, I may not have any time at all to catch them, but I'm still itching for a new release haha.

I don't think it will be announced though..Like it'll be announced when they're already dropping, I bet.

I would love a new release, because NEW DRAGUNZ!

Plus, my egg collecting habit

On the 'habit' - I HEAR YA!! Am REALLY jonesin' bad for new dragons. Really really bad, need eggs so bad.

I miss scheduled releases so bad...with those I knew when to stop breeding/catching/trading older dragons so I could prepare for it. I've been doing a lot of that lately...and I'm currently almost egg locked. It would be just my luck if one happened tomorrow....

I've decided that if the New Release is not announced in advance, it can wait on my pleasure.

I have several breeding projects going, plus the scheduled Brute Breeding Day, and those eggs are/will be special. I'm not going to dump eggs that were specially bred, just for a new release that will be around forever after. Release day eggs just aren't that important.

If TJ can't be bothered to accomodate his players with a schedule, then I can't be bothered to be excited about a new release.

I've decided that if the New Release is not announced in advance, it can wait on my pleasure.

I have several breeding projects going, plus the scheduled Brute Breeding Day, and those eggs are/will be special. I'm not going to dump eggs that were specially bred, just for a new release that will be around forever after. Release day eggs just aren't that important.

If TJ can't be bothered to accomodate his players with a schedule, then I can't be bothered to be excited about a new release.

In fact... I am not sure WHY people are so worried about them.

Is it just a case of 'Oh NOES, they might be uber rares and never seen again?

I think there's probably some concern that even with commons they might end up like the Pyralspites but other than that it seems mostly to be a need to be doing what's happening 'now', to not be 'behind' everyone else.

A new release this month would be great smile.gif I've never seen a non-holiday one before. Not too fussed if it's announced or not - I usually have a couple of slots with Evil Project eggs which are never too far off hatching. As for the breed a Pygmy would be nice, or maybe an Eastern. I love Wyverns but we've got lots of those already so I'd go without for a bit more variation.

I'm hoping it's today, but most likely it won't be. It'd be awesome if it happens in 10 minutes though, we haven't had a new dragon release except for valentine/christmas/halloween since SEPTEMBER!

As for breed I'd love if my pygmy was released but I doubt it'd happen. xd.png

I really miss scheduled releases, so I can simply breed my dragons and lock my scroll without fearing I have to abandon the just bred eggs to make space for new release ones. sad.gif

Why do we need to get new eggs on the release day? Well, we had more than one example of dragons that became almost impossible to get after the end of the release (coppers and pyralspited for example) so the risk it to miss them one day and so miss them for 6 months.

That said, I don't think it will be today. I bet on next Sunday, the 8th of March

Edited by Iside

A March release? Not gonna happen. We had the mid-February release (Valentines) plus the new Prizes last month. Plus, TJ is working on features, of all things. (Doesn't he know we're here for the dragons, not the features?) Plus, TJ's probably already working on the next Easter egg hunt.

Maybe we'll see new dragons in May, if we're lucky. sad.gif

And if it ends up not having a regular release till May that is just too.freaking.long. That would put it at the 8 month range since a non-holiday regular release. And with the completed list as long as it is and growing, that just should not happen.

I bet we do have a March release. We need more Pygmies and Easterns. We also need Frills re-released. biggrin.gif

In fact... I am not sure WHY people are so worried about them.

Is it just a case of 'Oh NOES, they might be uber rares and never seen again?

This is exactly the reason, actually. It's pretty much impossible to find any of the pyralspites except the volcano one right now. Coppers I can get, even silvers I can get, but the other pyrals seem to be about the same rarity as golds. I don't know if the ratios are way off, or if that was intentional. Either way, if I had not gotten them during the release, I would not have them at all.

I don't mind not having a regular release on a certain day, but it would be nice to have a little advanced notice so egg space could be freed up. Even 24 hours would help.

This is exactly the reason, actually. It's pretty much impossible to find any of the pyralspites except the volcano one right now. Coppers I can get, even silvers I can get, but the other pyrals seem to be about the same rarity as golds. I don't know if the ratios are way off, or if that was intentional. Either way, if I had not gotten them during the release, I would not have them at all.

I don't mind not having a regular release on a certain day, but it would be nice to have a little advanced notice so egg space could be freed up. Even 24 hours would help.

I'm making it a point to not have any eggs (or very few) at 1pm cave time on Saturdays for exactly this. When 1pm comes along and nothing comes out, then you can grab eggs and lock yourself.

At least knowing WHEN they release timewise is better than nothing. TJ got rid of the set days, but seems to be keeping the 1pm EST on a Saturday thing. It's just variable on which weekend that happens to be. It might be the 7th, 14th, 21st, or 28th. That narrows it down a bit.

I hope it releases on the 14th, because Pi Day! biggrin.gif

*Brings in some Sprite and Cookies for the refreshment table*

I never thought about keeping eggslots open in preparation. Then again, I haven't been around for that many releases. The only regular release I was part of was the Pyralspites, but that was when I first started so I had NO IDEA what was going on. xd.png After that came Halloween, then Christmas, then V-Day, all at once. September is a great time to start playing DC, except for the fact that I don't really know how non-event releases work now.

The only release day dragon I ever got were Turpentines. I have absolutely no regret considering I have one of the first few ones released in the Alpines.

Still, I think a March release has become... traditional?

*Brings in some Sprite and Cookies for the refreshment table*

I never thought about keeping eggslots open in preparation. Then again, I haven't been around for that many releases. The only regular release I was part of was the Pyralspites, but that was when I first started so I had NO IDEA what was going on. xd.png After that came Halloween, then Christmas, then V-Day, all at once. September is a great time to start playing DC, except for the fact that I don't really know how non-event releases work now.

They work pretty much like holiday releases, only that they don't disappear - in theory. Practically, though, it's a GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL NAO feast, just like with Halloween. Because you never know for how long these dragons will be available. /shot Take Almandines or Spessartines as an example: In theory, they should be somewhere between common or maybe uncommon, but in fact they're actually as hard to get as CB metals, maybe even harder. blink.gif We've had the same thing happening with Blusangs a while back, and Coppers (which are supposed to be uncommon) are another one of those breeds that got almost extinct in the wild very soon after their original release. Which is why people try to get their fill ASAP.

Edited by olympe

Rarity induced by high demand has always driven the market. People ignored the fact that coppers were NOT supposed to be rare and just focused on the 'omg shiny!' part of it. Coppers could very well BE at an uncommon rarity so far as how many are actually available in any given time frame, but the mere fact that people snatch them up immediately gives it the illusion that they're rare.

They could drop at a rate of 20 per hour, comparable to other uncommons such as nebulas or purples, but if that's the case, you only need 20 people with itchy fingers grabbing them to make all 20 of them unobtainable to the rest of us.

But yes, November and January were already skipped this time around, we need need NEED a March release. Like mentioned, the Completed page isn't getting any shorter.

Really hope we get a new release! It's been a while for sure and I'm looking forward to making new lineages smile.gif

I really miss scheduled releases, so I can simply breed my dragons and lock my scroll without fearing I have to abandon the just bred eggs to make space for new release ones.  sad.gif

Why do we  need to get new eggs on the release day? Well, we had more than one example of dragons that became almost impossible to get after the end of the release (coppers and pyralspited for example) so the risk it to miss them one day and so miss them for 6 months.

That said, I don't think it will be today. I bet on next Sunday, the 8th of March

Yeah, I really miss nice, scheduled midnight Releases - actually, I was offline 7 months and haven't attended a regular Release since last March, but was just as happy to have missed the switch to the non-scheduled/announced daytime Releases I then found out about.

Maybe fewer people are able to make time for them at that hour, (read a number of comments on that in some threads, but dunno how they actually worked out? not being here for them, lol,) but I'd hate to have to miss the Flood because of having to do stuff in the daytime and possibly be unable to catch easily later and, personally, I tend to wake up at night, lol.

Would TJ necessarily do a new Release on a Sunday afternoon or would he be more likely to do Sat and give people the weekend?

I'm rather excited to see what we will get next. HAving the holiday releases was nice, but I'd like the surprise of logging on one afternoon to see a new dragon released. Though if they are released this week I'll have a problem since I'm egg locked xd.png I'm hoping for a pygmy.