helix9

Cave of Courtship

ALSO - If I get a dragon I already have/aren't interested in, I'd be willing to trade with someone who feels the same about the dragon they attracted smile.gif I keep getting a visit from a Pyralspite, so if I end up getting her as a mate for my Purple dragon, then I'll most likely be putting her up for swapping.

I rather suspect the event won't work like that, but that the visiting dragon will simply stay in the minigame, which will sort of "freeze in time" like the Wreath Decorating or Gingerbread House Decorating events from previous Christmases. You might want to decorate to attract a mate of your liking as well as a decor scheme you like, if you can.

I rather suspect the event won't work like that, but that the visiting dragon will simply stay in the minigame, which will sort of "freeze in time" like the Wreath Decorating or Gingerbread House Decorating events from previous Christmases. You might want to decorate to attract a mate of your liking as well as a decor scheme you like, if you can.

Really? Hm... I was fairly sure this event's endgame prize involved actually getting the dragon you end up with by the end of the event, but I could be wrong. Still, though, I'd prefer to operate under the assumption that we do in fact get these dragons.

Oh, and one quick question - I have a Bleeding Moon dragon in my lair that refuses to leave. Does anyone know what item category works as a repulsor so I can get her to switch out?

Really? Hm... I was fairly sure this event's endgame prize involved actually getting the dragon you end up with by the end of the event, but I could be wrong. Still, though, I'd prefer to operate under the assumption that we do in fact get these dragons.

Oh, and one quick question - I have a Bleeding Moon dragon in my lair that refuses to leave. Does anyone know what item category works as a repulsor so I can get her to switch out?

I'd like it if you were right about the endgame prize. wink.gif I just don't think it's likely, based on past events. I guess we'll have to see.

The first post suggests mana and sweets to chase out the Bleeding Moon. You could also wait her out, usually visiting dragons switch after an hour or so.

Them disliking certain things doesn't make them leave and make room for others. Reds are supposed to dislike mana and sweets, my den is full of both while hardly sporting any meat (Red's favourite), and she's *still* there. You'll have to wait until the full hour for the next candidate, probably.

Since Red was already tested, I didn't bother collecting data on her.

Day: 6?

My Dragon: Tri-Horn

Visiting Dragon: a lovely Waterhorse (even though my Tri-Horn doesn't seem to pay much attention to her)

Attempts:

• 49-12-60-60-57 - interested ... liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 49-12-60-60-60 - mildly interested ... left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 60-12-60-60-57 - mildly interested ... left to find a dragon with more shinies.
Notes: Shinies seem to be her primary interest, but she doesn't mind Sweets being equal to Shinies. She dislikes Magic and Misc. items. Didn't test Meat because that would have been lots of clicking to remove afterwards.

Visiting Dragon: a lovely Gold-Horned Tangar

Attempts:

• 49-12-59-60-57 - interested ... liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 49-12-60-60-57 - mildly interested ... left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 60-12-59-60-57 - mildly interested ... left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 49-12-59-60-60 - mildly interested ... left to find a dragon with more sweets.
Notes: Primary: Sweets, secondary: Misc. items. Repulsed by Magic and Shinies. Meat untested.

Visiting Dragon: a lovely Golden Wyvern

Attempts:

• 59-59-60-60-59 - liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 60-59-60-60-59 - mildly interested ... left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 59-60-60-60-59 - liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more mana.
Notes: Primary: Shinies, secondary: Magic. Repulsed by Misc. Items and too much Magic. Tolerates Meat and Sweets.

Visiting Dragon: a Grave lady out of the blue (not the top of the hour)

Attempts:

• 59-60-60-60-59 - interested ... liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
Notes: Primary: Shinies, secondary: Meat. Tolerates Sweets. Extra Magic made her disappear and make room for the Golden Wyvern again. Edited by Ruby Eyes

I've had so many different dragons visit me, mostly because it took me a couple days to figure out how the lair and item indexes worked, so I jut organized the lair to look pleasing. I neglected to keep tab on the stats, but here's a brief summary of what info I have, items listed in order of preference:

Golden Wyvern: Shinies and Meat (will tolerate Magic)

Ember Dragon: Shinies and Meat (will tolerate Magic)

Gold-Horned Tangar: Sweets (will tolerate Magic)

Shadow Walker: Sweets and Magic

Balloon Dragon: Sweets (will tolerate Magic)

Frostbite Dragon: Magic and Meat

Grave Dragon: Shinies and Meat

Imperial Fleshcrowne: Sweets (may dislike Magic)

Red Dragon: Meat

Nhiostrife Wyvern: Meat and Shinies

Pyralspite: Shinies and Misc. (will tolerate Meat/Sweets)

White Dragon: Sweets

This is just what I THINK might be the case - keep in mind this is just my conjecture I've gathered from many, many dragons visiting my cave without staying too long.

ALSO - If I get a dragon I already have/aren't interested in, I'd be willing to trade with someone who feels the same about the dragon they attracted smile.gif I keep getting a visit from a Pyralspite, so if I end up getting her as a mate for my Purple dragon, then I'll most likely be putting her up for swapping.

-Mystic

golden wyvern i have keeps asking for shinies and mana (not meat)

is this different for anyone else?

I rather doubt we'll actually get the dragon mate but suppose we do - how would you 'trade' it? You can only trade eggs and hatchlings.

An ember paid a visit to Patxaran (silver tinsel) today but wanted more meat.

My Dragon: Heartseeker, Chocolate Pride

Visiting Dragon: White

Attempts:

• 58-15-56-60-50 - seems interested, likes sweets, left for more mana
  • 60-15-56-60-50 - seems mildly interested, left for more sweets
  • 60-15-56-58-50 - seems mildly interested, left for more sweets
  • 60-50-56-58-50 - seems mildly interested, left for more sweets
  • 60-60-56-58-50 - seems mildly interested, left for more sweets
Notes:

It seems like the White dragon, for me at least, wants sweets as a secondary and mana as a primary. I had the same results from her yesterday, when all my numbers were lower. She likes the sweets maxed out, but it's never enough mana. And yet, maximum mana makes her lose interest in my sweets. Which one is it???

Since my meat count has consistently been low, I tried adding meat at 50, and meat at 60, but it made no difference to the white's preferences if my sweets weren't maxed out.

Any time I get the waterhorse with these combos, it's mildly interested and wants more shinies.

The few times I've gotten a Shadow Walker, its results are the same as the White's.

Edited by Kelkelen

I'm getting dragons flicking from White to Bleeding Moon to Falconiform as fast as I can refresh the page!

Okay all! In my quest to try out the tally system for tolerates and repulses, I ended up having to make a spreadsheet (it's a mess otherwise). I've currently tallied the relevant findings before page 17 18 19 but still have to do the rest after. As always, please feel free to double check me.

edit: caught up, and added the two from the post right after this one

Edited by helix9

I got a brief visit from a shadow walker that was quickly replaced by a golden wyvern:

• 2-2-2-2-2 - A shadow walker ... left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 2-2-2-3-2 - A golden wyvern ... left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 2-2-2-2-2 - A golden wyvern ... left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 2-2-3-2-2 - A golden wyvern ... liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 3-2-3-2-2 - A golden wyvern ... left to find a dragon with more shinies. => mana NO
  • 2-3-3-2-2 - A golden wyvern ... liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more mana. => meat YES
  • 2-3-3-3-2 - A golden wyvern ... liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more mana. => sweets YES
  • 2-3-3-3-3 - A golden wyvern ... liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more mana. => misc YES
Conclusion for the golden wyvern: primary: shinies // secondary: mana // tolerates: meat, sweets, misc // repulse: mana.

Later, I got a desipis and wanted to verify if it liked all things at the same level not just with 2 but also with 30 in each:

• 2-2-2-2-2 - A desipis dragon ... liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat. => all OK
  • 30-30-30-30-30 - A desipis dragon ... liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat. => still OK
(removing 140 items is a bit annoying...)

Conclusion for the desipis: primary: mana // secondary: meat // tolerates: all // repulse: none

Next hour: a pink dragon.

• 2-2-2-2-2 - A pink dragon ... left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 2-3-2-2-2 - A pink dragon ... liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 3-3-2-2-2 - A pink dragon ... left to find a dragon with more meat. => mana: NO
  • 2-3-3-2-2 - A pink dragon ... left to find a dragon with more meat. => shinies: NO
  • 2-3-2-3-2 - A ember dragon ... left to find a dragon with more shinies. Oops! An intruder!
  • 2-3-2-3-2 - A pink dragon ... liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets. => sweets: YES
  • 2-3-2-3-3 - A pink dragon ... liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets. => misc: YES
Conclusion for the pink dragon: primary: meat // secondary: sweets // tolerates: sweets, misc // repulse: mana, shinies.

After only 10 minutes (not even the next hour), the pink was replaced by a pyralspite:

• 2-2-2-2-2 - A pyralspite dragon ... left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 2-2-3-2-2 - A falconiform wyvern ... left to find a dragon with more meat. Anoter intruder!
  • 2-2-3-2-2 - A pyralspite dragon ... liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 3-2-3-2-2 - A pyralspite dragon ... left to find a dragon with more shinies. => mana: NO
  • 2-3-3-2-2 - A pyralspite dragon ... liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items. => meat: YES
  • 2-3-3-3-2 - A shadow walker ... left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 2-3-3-3-2 - A pyralspite dragon ... liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items. => sweets: YES
  • 2-3-3-3-2 - A pyralspite dragon ... liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items. => misc: YES
Conclusion for the pyralspite dragon: primary: shinies // secondary: misc // tolerates: meat, sweets, misc // repulse: mana. Edited by Bugzilla

I'm kinda confused on what this means, but if someone finds it helpful please feel free. smile.gif

"A grave dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat."

8/40

40/40

40/40

0/40

1/40

Question for the reserchers here, has anyone seen a gold/silver/tinsel/shimmerscale, valentines/christmas or daydream dragons visit their caves?

Question for the reserchers here, has anyone seen a gold/silver/tinsel/shimmerscale, valentines/christmas or daydream dragons visit their caves?

I have not, though I am hoping to lure a silver for my silver...

Do the choices of items within a category matter?

From the description,

-Silver hatchlings like to play in flower-strewn meadows so I used a bunch of flowers.

-As hatchlings, they like rainbows so I'm trying a variety of color things arranged to highlight rainbow.

-Females eat meat during mating season so lots of the rainbow birds (arranged in a giant heart), but the males like large mammals so maybe I should be using the biggest carcasses?

-Females also eat plants when not breeding and I like strawberries, so I made a smaller heart inside the birds heart out of those.

-Magic is a big feature for them so I'm using lots of magic too.

Silvers have an affinity for light, but I'm not sure what to use to capture that aspect of them.

Any other suggestions for how to attract a silver? Maybe some rainbow toys?

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

I've managed to have a Grave dragon be drawn to my lair multiple times for single visits that state 'interested' as opposed to 'mildly interested', so my build for my lair is finally successful for this breed smile.gif

However, I've had an imperial fleshcrowne as a consistent hour-long visitor for the past 3 hours. Is this supposed to indicate something? Or is this just freak chance?

------

Update: The Imperial Fleshcrowne continues to be my 'hour-long' visitor, and this has gone on 4 hours of intervals, going on 5. I'm reaaaally hoping this isn't the dragon that's set as my final attracted species. I was all set up for Grave, and now this Fleshcrowne won't leave. I don't even have an ideal build for her! I hope this corrects itself soon, otherwise my hopes for a Grave are almost doomed.

Edited by MysticDoodles

I was just about to answer a bunch of questions, refreshed my page, and got:

"After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Turakh has attracted an admirer: a nhiostrife wyvern! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company."

I do love nhiostrifes! Definitely a great alternative to the nebula I was hoping to get. I was actually 50 across the board in all items when it happened.

I got a black dragon for my silver, i feel sad that i can't attract another breed now sad.gif

not my favorite couple

After searching around all day you finally have another box of things to take to your dragon.

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Felinae has attracted an admirer: a desipis dragon! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

Are we going to have multiple options, I hope?

I have a gentle Ochredrake arranging flowers - most unsuited to a manipulative fire-breathing babe who's known as a mana-eater...

Re-edit: I'd been planning to max out on Shinies again - this doesn't appear to be a Desipis attractant, and I was hoping for the Gold Wyvern who'd been hanging around a lot.

Does anyone whose been studying here think this would help, or make the Desipis think I was bribing her to stay?

Edited by Syphoneira

I have not, though I am hoping to lure a silver for my silver...

Was hoping for a Silver Shimmerscale >< But apparently I got an Ember, which isn't too bad considering I like the breed.

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Blue sea Aqua has attracted an admirer: a shadow walker! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

Strange...a few minutes ago I had a pyralspite who was only mildly interested(because I didn't want to rearrange my cave just for her) and now the Shadow Walker's staying? I guess this is cool too smile.gif

Has anyone been able to change their dragon's mate after the message above appeared?

I'm so confused! I attracted an Imperial Fleshcrowne... despite not seeing one *once,* this whole time! What was the point of mentioning which dragons were attracted by what, if the final mate was going to be completely random?

I mean, at least she looks passable in the cave, but... :/

70/70 Mana, 70/70 Shinies and less than 10 of everything else attracted a black dragon at "admirer status" for me.

Edited by Ashywolf