helix9

Cave of Courtship

Day: 5

My Dragon: Radiant Angel

Visiting Dragon: grave

Attempts: 2 But didn't write down the first.

• 30-15-33-6-30 - Likes shines wants more meat.
  • 30-25-33-6-30 - Wants more meat
  • 30-40-33-6-30 - Wants more shines
  • 30-40-48-6-30 - Likes shines wants more meat.
  • 30-50-50-6-30 - Wants more shines
Notes: Which are the primary/secondary/tolerated/repulsed items?

What was in your cave at the start of the day? 30-15-15-6-30 -

Apparently it really likes its shines

My Dragon: Shadow Walker

Visiting Dragon: Shadow Walker

Attempts:

16-0-49-50-49 - "She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana."

16-50-49-50-49 - "She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana."

50-0-49-50-49 - "She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana."

16-0-50-50-49 - "She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets."

16-0-49-50-50 - "She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana."

Notes: I'm not specifically trying to attract the SW here, but I think the visit is worth mentioning since this contradicts the idea that SWs are repulsed by shinies or misc. She's been around quite a while, too, this isn't a single-refresh visit.

I can confirm they are not at all repulsed by misc items.

My Dragon: Silver

Attempts: 5

• 2-2-2-2-2 - "She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets."
  • 2-2-2-3-2 - "She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana."
  • 2-2-2-3-3 - "She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana."
  • 2-3-2-3-2 - "She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets."
  • 2-2-3-3-2 - "She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets."
Notes: Though the front page list says otherwise, it would seem that the repulsed items are Meat and Shinies.

Visiting Dragon: Canopy

Attempts: 4

• 9-9-9-10-9 - "She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items."
  • 10-9-9-10-9 - "She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets."
  • 9-10-9-10-9 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets."
  • 9-9-10-10-9 - "She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets."
Notes: Seems to be repulsed by Magic, Meat, and Shinies.

Visiting Dragon: Falconiform

Attempts: 4

• 4-5-4-4-4 - "She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more shinies."
  • 5-5-4-4-4 - "She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more shinies."
  • 4-5-4-5-4 - "She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat."
  • 4-5-4-4-5 - "She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat."
Notes: Seems to be repulsed by Sweets and Misc. Edited by Seraphinu

Oh my goodness, Thanks! Thank you to both of you! I am doing things right! I refuse to remove my Roses and now I don't have to!

Undine - Primary: Mana Secondary: Shinies Tolerate: Shinies Repulse: Mana, Sweets, & Misc

Not much information here, but I figured I'd post it anyway since it contradicts the first page.

My Dragon: Turpentine

Visiting Dragon: Undine

Attempts: 1

• 50-0-40-50-31 - "She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more shinies."
Notes: Clearly, Undines are not repulsed by sweets.

A Brimstone dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den.

• 2-2-2-2-2 - "she left to find a dragon with more shinies."
  • 2-2-3-2-2 - "but left to find a dragon with more misc."
  • 3-2-3-2-2 - "she left to find a dragon with more shinies." (Mana tolerated)

• 2-3-3-2-2 - "but left to find a dragon with more misc." (Meat tolerated)

• 2-2-3-3-2 - "she left to find a dragon with more shinies." (Sweets repulsed)

• 2-2-3-2-3 - "she left to find a dragon with more shinies." (Misc repulsed)

Conclusion for Brimstone:

Primary: Shinies /Secondary: Misc. /Tolerated: Mana, Meat /Repulsed: Sweets, Misc.

Guys, I think we have a problem. I kept playing with the items and the same dragon and it kept changing the "tolerated" and "repulsed" categories. At first it only tolerated sweets and misc, then changed to mana and meat, and then only tolerated meat.

Help? sad.gif

My Dragon: Magi

Attempts:

Reran my Shadow Walker results (got a new visit from one) and they are the same as previously reported here:

Tolerates meat and miscellaneous. Repulsed by shinies and magic.

I'm not specifically trying to attract the SW here, but I think the visit is worth mentioning since this contradicts the idea that SWs are repulsed by shinies or misc.

Unless I am mistaken, your result here:

16-0-50-50-49 - "She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets."

supports the conclusion that your Shadow Walker was repulsed by shinies.

Guys, I think we have a problem. I kept playing with the items and the same dragon and it kept changing the "tolerated" and "repulsed" categories. At first it only tolerated sweets and misc, then changed to mana and meat, and then only tolerated meat.

Help? sad.gif

This isn't the only occasions it seems to be doing this. Especially if you'r'e seeing changes within your own cave, it's hard to pin it down to something like your own dragon breed, cave type, items in cave, etc.

Is there anything in particular that does seem to stay consistent? This is a question for everyone of course. I mean, the matching system must have some way to choose between breeds like Black and Frostbite which give the same messages without just choosing one randomly.

I think I will move to a tally system instead of just a definitive "this is what they want" and see what happens. So if three users say that balloons tolerate shinies, but one other sees it repulsed, I'll label it with "Shinies - 3T/1R" or something. Primary/Secondary will stay as is though, since those are pretty rock solid.

Also, apparently there are distinct New Pink/Bright Pink dragons, and different Coppers? Can someone confirm that for me, and what messages they get?

If the mate you want, wants sweets and shinies, use more sweets and shinies than other stuff.

I have a quick question because I'm kind of confused about how this event works.

The dragon I would like enjoys meats and shinies. Does that mean I use, for example, 50 meat, 50 shinies and 49 in everything else?

Thanks for any replies. smile.gif

The breed of dragon chosen as the bachelor must have an affect on what breed is attracted.

Page 1 says that Graves are Primary: Shinies and Secondary: Meat

Currently I am

14 - 0 - 0 - 22 - 0 (that's No Shinies and No Meat) and I have a Grave that isn't leaving.

My bachelor is a (CB) Neglected

I don't know if this is important or not, but I just had my ratio set for 2-0-0-3-0 and I don't attract anyone at all, so there might be a minimum to what will start attracting

I finally got onto a computer today, and this is what I got:

user posted image

Unless I am mistaken, your result here:

supports the conclusion that your Shadow Walker was repulsed by shinies.

Hm. This is a good point. My counterpoint about misc still stands though, I think?

I mean, the matching system must have some way to choose between breeds like Black and Frostbite which give the same messages without just choosing one randomly.

I think there is a certain element of randomness to it, since on any given refresh I might see a different visitor than my "primary" one for that hour (in other words, while a Canopy was visiting for an hour, I got a single-refresh visit from a Brimstone, as well as a few other single-refresh visitors).

Today is the first day that I'm seeing my dragon's "mate" in the cave, and it's a Shadow Walker! smile.gif

My Dragon: CB Lumina

Attempts:

--31-30-31-32-13 - A shadow walker comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana.

Edited by LumosSeeker148

I haven't been keeping track or anything of what I got but this latest visitor, I think needs be shown.

My Dragon: Pink

Visiting Dragon: Pink (As in a regular Pink, NOT a Bright Pink)

Attempts:

• 2-50-5-50-11 - A pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 0-0-0-0-0 -
  • 0-0-0-0-0 -
  • 0-0-0-0-0 -
  • 0-0-0-0-0 -
  • 0-0-0-0-0 -
Notes: She left after a refresh so I didn't get to experiment.

Hm. This is a good point. My counterpoint about misc still stands though, I think?

Not really. The OP lists two different Shadow Walker outcomes (one with a miscellaneous tolerance), with the caveat, "Tolerate/Repulse are still being tested, please bear with us!".

I don't know if this is important or not, but I just had my ratio set for 2-0-0-3-0 and I don't attract anyone at all, so there might be a minimum to what will start attracting

The minimum is six items, Just fyi ^^

I haven't been keeping track or anything of what I got but this latest visitor, I think needs be shown.

My Dragon: Pink

Visiting Dragon: Pink (As in a regular Pink, NOT a Bright Pink)

Attempts:

• 2-50-5-50-11 - A pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 0-0-0-0-0 -
  • 0-0-0-0-0 -
  • 0-0-0-0-0 -
  • 0-0-0-0-0 -
  • 0-0-0-0-0 -
Notes: She left after a refresh so I didn't get to experiment.

Interesting.

Has anyone gotten a dragon to visit that they don't have on their scrolls?

Interesting.

I have, as a matter of fact, an Imperial Fleshcrown.

Interesting.

As a CB? Yes, I've had Shadow Walkers and Graves visit and I don't have either of those as CB on my scroll.

Interesting.

Yes. Desipis and Grave.

Interesting.

I've had a Bright Pink visit. I don't own any.

My Dragon: S. Shimmer

Visiting Dragon: Imperial Fleshcrown

Item Ratio: Sweets (priority, needs to be highest); Shinies (2nd priority, repulse when equal or more than sweets); Magic, Misc. (Unsure, thought to be tolerated, but she left before could test); Meat (Repulsed)

As long as sweets are highest, it seems like other ratios can be even

Attempts:

• 2-2-2-2-2 Mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.

• 2-2-2-3-2 Interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find more shinies. Sweets attracted

• 2-2-3-3-2 Mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets. Shiny repulsed

• 3-3-3-4-3 Interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.

• 3-4-3-4-3 Mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets. Meat repulsed
Visiting Dragon: Frostbite

Item Ratio: Magic (priority, needs to be equal or more than others); Meat (2nd priority, repulses when more than Magic); Shiny, Sweets, Misc. (Neutral?, repulses when more than Magic)

Shows interest whenever magic is highest or equal to all other stats

Attempts:

• 2-2-2-2-2 Interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

• 2-2-2-2-3 Mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana. Misc. repulsed

• 2-2-3-2-2 Mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana. Shiny repulse

• 2-2-2-3-2 Mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana. Sweets repulse

• 2-3-2-2-3 Mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.

• 3-2-2-2-3 Interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat. Mana attracts

• 3-2-2-3-3 Interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

• 3-2-3-3-3 Interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

• 3-3-3-3-3 Interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

• 3-4-3-3-3 Mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana. Meat repulsed
Edited by Daydreamer09

I've had so many different dragons visit me, mostly because it took me a couple days to figure out how the lair and item indexes worked, so I jut organized the lair to look pleasing. I neglected to keep tab on the stats, but here's a brief summary of what info I have, items listed in order of preference:

Golden Wyvern: Shinies and Meat (will tolerate Magic)

Ember Dragon: Shinies and Meat (will tolerate Magic)

Gold-Horned Tangar: Sweets (will tolerate Magic)

Shadow Walker: Sweets and Magic

Balloon Dragon: Sweets (will tolerate Magic)

Frostbite Dragon: Magic and Meat

Grave Dragon: Shinies and Meat

Imperial Fleshcrowne: Sweets (may dislike Magic)

Red Dragon: Meat

Nhiostrife Wyvern: Meat and Shinies

Pyralspite: Shinies and Misc. (will tolerate Meat/Sweets)

White Dragon: Sweets

This is just what I THINK might be the case - keep in mind this is just my conjecture I've gathered from many, many dragons visiting my cave without staying too long.

ALSO - If I get a dragon I already have/aren't interested in, I'd be willing to trade with someone who feels the same about the dragon they attracted smile.gif I keep getting a visit from a Pyralspite, so if I end up getting her as a mate for my Purple dragon, then I'll most likely be putting her up for swapping.

-Mystic

Edited by MysticDoodles

My Dragon: Frilled

Visiting Dragon: Breed here

Attempts/Notes:

Pyralspite - Shinies/Miscellaneous - 38:40:47:21:47

Adding one more Misc. runs off the Pyralspite & attracts an Imperial Fleshcrowne - wuh???

Maxing out (50/50) the Shineis/Misc. ran off the Pyralspite & attracted a 'mildly interested' Undine.

A PINK showed up when I did this: 50:40:50:10:50, & she wants more meat.

Shadow Walker @ 10:0:10:10:35

Falconiform Wyvern @ 10:0:10:0:10 & wants meat.

Waterhorse @ 0:11:11:0:11 - seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.

Deep Sea Dragon @ 0:0:50:50:50 - seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.

Grave Dragon @ 31:6:50:35:47 - seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat.