TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Oh yeah, the eggs are gorgeous.<3 Cannot wait to see the adults! Chances are I'm going to be planning some pretty lineages with these new Valentine dragons. ^^ I got such pretty lineage Rosebuds, too, just gotta wait and see if I get my ultimate dream one...

Once again, thanks TJ and the Dragcave team for all the amazing stuff you do on these holidays. It's quite a joy. ^^ ;D

Sooooo if the background cave looks different depending on what biome the dragon is from... what would it look like if someone used a male Guardian of Nature? :3 'Cause GoN's are only summonable.

Dang I wish I'd tried THAT

Bah. The site's back up, but I can't breed my shinies. It's over an hour past when they should have freed up.

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's caves!

Is anyone attracting a different mate than the mate your dragon first attracted? I redid my cave and had the exact layout as someone else's, yet the copper isn't willing to leave! rolleyes.gif

I initially attracted a Brimstone with solely magical items, and then got a Copper upon diversifying my decor. laugh.gif Both of them left in search of other things, though.

Yes.

user posted image

For my CB Thunder smile.gif

That's really pretty! I think the Alpine is my favorite though. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen a Coast cave either >.<

And is it just me, or do most of the dragons leave because they like the mana but want more meat, or because they like the meat but not enough mana? :T

Edited by DragonNeko

Sooooo if the background cave looks different depending on what biome the dragon is from... what would it look like if someone used a male Guardian of Nature? :3 'Cause GoN's are only summonable.

Dang I wish I'd tried THAT

Probably the plain gray one for bred dragons? I dunnO? (Someone definitely has put a GoN in there though, I recall. Confirmation? x3)

Someone said something about a chart with dragons and what they are attracted to.. Anyone know where it is? blink.gif

Annndddd I just got my dream dragon. ohmy.gif

Thank you SO much to the kind person who traded me this cutie> http://dragcave.net/lineage/biaeW !!! ;D *squeals and hops around*

I must go find her a mate now, woot woot! o3o

Best Valentine's day ever. ;D

Wow, awesome event!!!

I wonder if the visiting dragon will eventually stay, because OMG i would love to get a CB Shadow Walker!!!

I put a Radiant Angel in the cave, and a Shadow Walker came by, liked it, but wanted more sweets. So I guess I'll be loading on the sweets! wink.gif

Pretty eggs and lovely hatchlings. Thanks TJ09 and everybody else who worked on this biggrin.gif

Is it random which background you get for your cave?

I have the plain gray one, and Im a bit disappointed now that I found that there's other ones. :f

Not random. Back when you had the choice you saw the birth 'biome' and this will be your cave.

King Spot is a very organized dragon. He keeps everything in seperate piles. Today an imperial fleshcrowne stopped by. King Spot is Forest CB so I'm assuming this cave is for them.

user posted image

Edited by Elvish Maiden

That's really pretty! I think the Alpine is my favorite though. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen a Coast cave either >.<

And is it just me, or do most of the dragons leave because they like the mana but want more meat, or because they like the meat but not enough mana? :T

user posted image

Here be the Coast cave. smile.gif I kind of wish you could see the sea lapping at the foot of the cave or something (it feels weird to see my Tsunami on dry land), but I like the tiny waterfall.

*leisurely picks through the Valentine wall in the AP*

This is pretty much my favorite part of the Val breeding. Everybody's attention is on the event and the new babies so there's barely any competition, just freedom to rummage around looking for nice lines... <3 And I've already snagged a 2nd gen Rosebud x Daydream so I can get one of my 3G's a mate after all, yes!

Is anyone attracting a different mate than the mate your dragon first attracted? I redid my cave and had the exact layout as someone else's, yet the copper isn't willing to leave! rolleyes.gif

I got a Teimarr for a bit before it disappeared and it's all just that bleeding moon lady.

/casually scoops up my two eggs/ what pretty shinies!

I hope someone likes my Frill, heh. I didn't realize that the caves were different based on where you picked up your dragon... I guess I've got the 'generic cave', lol.

THIS. EVENT. IS. AWESOME.

I chose a Nhiostrife for my male...so far a Copper came along but she wanted more meat so she left - Whatever!! xd.png

user posted image

Here be the Coast cave. smile.gif I kind of wish you could see the sea lapping at the foot of the cave or something (it feels weird to see my Tsunami on dry land), but I like the tiny waterfall.

Oh that's super pretty!! I gotta say that Alpine is still my favorite though. It looks icy xd.png

Am I the only one sort of annoyed it is only male dragons that we can use? Why couldn't we pick one of either gender? *eye roll*

Am I the only one sort of annoyed it is only male dragons that we can use? Why couldn't we pick one of either gender? *eye roll*

Cave lore. Males are the ones who have to do the work to attract a mate. They're part of the animal kingdom, where the males have to attract females, unlike humans, where it goes both ways. cool.gif

Because in most species the males are the ones that show off and court the ladies to win their approval and show they are good enough to father their offspring.

Has anyone figured out how often the visitor changes? Like.. every hour or so?

I have a very persistent Waterhorse since the beginning of the event, I already re-decorated several times to make her go away..