angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Lift CB Valentine / Christmas Limit?

Things changed drastically since Marrows. That was 5 years ago and we didn't have biomes then. Now, we have 5 places for people to grab eggs. The only time it's "hard" to grab eggs is the first drop due to people wanting to get them asap and incubate them so they can get to trading. After that, it's completely cake. The same eggs sit around untaken until they refresh. It hasn't been hard to get holiday eggs since Biomes. Not for anyone.

Except those with major physical problems.

Honestly? I took my time to catch my 2nd Christmas this year. I went to the biomes on Day 3. And I caught the first one I looked at. The eggs were not moving at all.

So unless you can bring proof that on Day 2 and Day 3 for Christmas and Valentines that the eggs don't sit for several minutes.... I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you. If someone is so physically disabled that they can't catch an egg in biomes that aren't moving for 4 straight minutes, then they wouldn't be able to catch one even with the limit at 2.

Even at the end of Day 1, catching is super easy. The only time catching is hard for Christmas and Valentines is in the first half of Day 1. And typically, its only really hard in the first two hours.

I agree that the 3 day drops need to be kept, and some sort of limit. But even increasing it to 7 each would likely result in Day 3 still being super easy to catch on.

As for warning / no warning of the increased limits... With a 3 day drop and incubate, I think people would be just fine if the limits were upped to 4 or even 7. If it was turned into a free for all, yea. There'd have to be warning.

Cheers!

C4.

They would have to be unable to click a web button. My cousin is paralyzed below the neck and has to use a blow tool to simulate key strokes on the screen. He can hit a non moving target within 4 minutes. Actually he can do it a great deal faster, but the situation you are talking about is so extreme that the person you are referencing would always need someone else to do it for them.

I'm for rising to 4. But against limitless.

And for new-releases to be able to breed the year they were released...

I personally need 1 CB per Christmas/Valentine because they have just one gender:/ But I prefer to have a spare either in case of refusal or if I had to change the pairings if some new release breed visually fits much better as a mate(I keep strict monogamy so I must change the dragon in such case).

BTW would be nice if each year two genders were released: that fit each other like if they were of the same breed (could have just some dipomorhpism like different size of decoration or different brightness of the colours) would have somehow similar/corresponding breednames but they would be counted as separate, x-gender only breeds. (A sollution for those who want holidays to have both genders to create nice looking fake PB lineages etc. and for those creators who want their breed be mono-gender only:))

Edited by VixenDra

/points at the biomes.

Anyone who can't manage to pick up an egg right now, probably can't use a computer either. Anyone trying to sell that it's hard to pick up a holiday egg as an excuse for I don't know what. Is being completely dishonest.

I've seen a max of 8 people in a biome.

The eggs aren't moving at all.

I think it's safe to say there's more than enough eggs for everyone to at least have 4 if not more.

I'd agree. While I'm not all for unlimited grabs (mostly because i fear it'd make the Vals/Xmases like Halloweens in that you only have one day to get them, rather than the fairly lenient time period we have now), I don't think a small boost would make thing drastically harder.

Agreed. There's not much to do on DC when there's a three-day drop for a breed where one is limited to two CBs.

Edited by Myra the Sark

I'm for raising the limit to four. Personally, I only have 2 adult CB holidays. Valentines for 09, and I really wish I'd had more this season because there were people asking for breedings of Val09xOthers I wish I could have helped them, but my two had already been used.

Obviously I'm not saying let's make this apply retroactively. But for future drops? Why the heck not? Sounds fun to me!

My thoughts:

-I kind of like the limits because it makes things less stressful being able to only catch two

-Two makes sense: everyone can catch a frozen hatchie and an adult if they are going for all sprites

-With biomes in particular, there are a lot of holidays sitting around not getting caught because there aren't enough people active to catch them

Due to the above, I'll also support an increase, though I'm not sure I agree with getting rid of the limit.

-Two makes sense: everyone can catch a frozen hatchie and an adult if they are going for all sprites

Actually, you have to pick S1 or S2 hatchie. A limit of 3 would be total sprite completion. A limit of 4 would be total sprite completion with a backup adult in case of refusals, if you just want to get your CBs, freeze two, and call it.

I'd love a limit of 4 but I don't think NO limits on CBs is a good idea.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

I DON'T want unlimited CB OR to remove the drop.

I caught my new vals on the 15th because I had plans on valentine's. Because it was valentine's day! If it wasn't for the long drops, I would have either had to change my plans (and a RL holiday is priority to a side game I play) or miss out.

If there are unlimited CBs, the 3 day drop has to go so people can't double up... so I won't support it.

If people want to raise it to 3 or 4, that be OK though. It wouldn't be a big diffrence, but I knoe freezers would love it!

I would be okay with an increase to 4 (please not to 3, that will drive my even-numbers-for-lineages-loving mind bonkers). I do not support completely getting rid of the limit (I, too, enjoy the low-stress atmosphere of just picking up a couple and I can keep raiding the AP pile even while new eggs are dropping). In the meantime, I'd be perfectly content if the limit stayed at 2.

If there are unlimited CBs, the 3 day drop has to go so people can't double up... so I won't support it.

While I'm neutral about the idea of unlimited CBs, the drop could still be three days without giving people a second shot to grab more - as long as the eggs could not be incubated.

Not supporting. it would make it one day and people have plans on those holidays plus multiaccounters already ruin halloween with trying to trade 10+ eggs for cb rares/2nd gen from prizes and HMs.

I feel like I posted here, but not sure. xd.png

I'm for raising it to 4 as it allows sprite collectors to have S1, S2, and 2x Adult sprites while allowing them to complete an individual 3g checker project on their own. smile.gif If someone doesn't care about freezing the CBs then they can go to 4g on their own. 5g if you breed all 4 in season and look for out of season mates from someone else. ^^

Actually, you have to pick S1 or S2 hatchie. A limit of 3 would be total sprite completion. A limit of 4 would be total sprite completion with a backup adult in case of refusals, if you just want to get your CBs, freeze two, and call it.

I'd love a limit of 4 but I don't think NO limits on CBs is a good idea.

Exactly.

I don't think increasing the limit to to 4 would cause disruption, especially as at least some people would likely still just grab a couple off the hop to have the Holiday Release date, and get the others later, after some of their bred Holiday hatchy-lock grew up and made room.

It might be a little busier up front, but with Flooding and good numbers, people should still be able to get their dragons and make room for 'the next guy' quickly.

The 3-day Drops are important for those who might have trouble making it on, and we might as well get to use that opportunity to maximize lineage potentials for even more pretties the following year. smile.gif

And then we could make our own 3rd gens or, for those truly noble, share with late-comers while still having a pair of CBs.

Would we have the option of going back and getting more past CBs that we only have 2 of because of the limit?

I wouldn't think so. CBs only appeared in the year they were released, so...

After putting some more thought into it, I'd propose that if the limits for CB holidays are increased, they should be increased to 6 so you can have one from each biome. You'd still have to choose whether to freeze some CBs or not, though. Maybe make that eight eggs. Come to think of it, maybe 12 would be ideal: 1 adult and one hatchie from each biome...

xd.png

Dunno, the number 4 seems pretty arbitrary, after all.

I wouldn't think so. CBs only appeared in the year they were released, so...

Then I'd say no to the proposal. What's the point of upping the limit if you can't reach the limit?

For future releases it's still nice to have.

I don't agree with lifting limits entirely on Christmas and Valentine's dragons. I don't want to see those two holidays devolve into the greedy hoarding that is halloween where people who have more ability can suddenly trade for 40 CBs while most are left sitting there with a maxed out 5, 6, 7 depending on trophies.

I do agree with lifting the limit up to 6. One from each biome. That I would support. That also is three breeding pairs. that also works so much better with my scroll completion of having two breeding pairs of a species

So yeah. No to being able to hoard 50 CBs, yes to upping the limit.

EDIT: my brain just remembered that valentine's and christmas dragons are strict to one sex only. so actually even just 4 CBs i feel would be sufficient. but i still stand by 6 for each biome.. just not breeding pairs. -derp-

Edited by Wandering4Ever

Since I don't care about which biome they come from I don't see any point in raising the limit to 6 and I personally think that is too many. I'm not sure we need it increased at all, but I definitely can't support anything over 4.

I'm honestly neutral on this subject. I'm okay with a limit of 2, I'm okay with a limit of one per biome, I'm okay with no limit. Everyone can only hold 8 eggs at a time anyway, though good traders could amass an army - but I'm not bothered by that... if they can manage that, good for them.

Does it need to be increased? Probably not, but it'd be fun to have more than two CBs.

I also don't see why it should be possible to get more CBs of past holidays, when lifting the limit of owning only 2 at all didn't have that option either.