angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Lift CB Valentine / Christmas Limit?

I think it's because christmas and valentine are like share and spread the love.

Halloween is gimme all the candy right now.

So halloween we get to hoard if we want to but the other holidays focus more on sharing

But that's just how I see it

I think it's because christmas and valentine are like share and spread the love.

Halloween is gimme all the candy right now.

So halloween we get to hoard if we want to but the other holidays focus more on sharing 

But that's just how I see it

Replied before I edited, I guess?

As for the so-called "love and sharing" spirit, I've mentioned before that Halloween has the highest rate of CB gifting that I witness, and I am quite certain that the complete lack of a limit is the exact reason - people can take in excess and give some away while staying at a comfortable level of Halloween eggs before going back to get some more, instead of having to give away HALF of what little they own and try for another. The risk level involved in gifting Halloweens and Christmas/Valentine are on completely different levels.

Like I said, there is hardly any sharing on Christmas and Valentine's releases. Because of the limit in place, it's more of an "everyone on his own" release than Halloween, where people can actually have enough on their scroll that they can spare some for the others. This is also more apparent after the release period, because giving away 1 out of 2 is much harder than giving away 3 or 4 out of 7.

Generosity is already deep in this community. Forcing it at the expense of other possibilities is pointless.

Edited by CNR4806

Yup, I replied before you edited .

Yeah halloween does have the most gifting. Which is why it doesn't make sense to me. If anything the limits should be on the halloweens not the others.

Edit: I say this because it doesn't really fit with the holiday itself. To me halloween should be everyone for themselves, hoarding and greed.

The other holidays should imo be the ones with the most gifting but they're not because of the limits.

Edited by RecycledHeart

I've always kind of liked the idea of the first year you are here, you get two slots per Valentine/Christmas dragon (like we do now), and then every year after that you gain one more slot for each Valentine/Christmas.

Or y'know, just eliminate the holiday limits altogether.

I don't think the current holiday limits serve a purpose in today's Cave. Now with trading and biomes, it's not like it used to be at all. The struggle for holidays is nothing compared to how it used to be, and if you do struggle, there are people all over the forums who are there to help.

It's funny that Valentine and Christmas are supposed to be about love and sharing and Halloween is essentially about greed, but because of the limits, people feel more greed during Valentine and Christmas and love and sharing during Halloween here. And that's because of the ridiculously small limits.

I say this because it doesn't really fit with the holiday itself. To me halloween should be everyone for themselves, hoarding and greed.

The other holidays should imo be the ones with the most gifting but they're not because of the limits.

Or maybe people just give when they feel like independently of the time of the year unsure.gif

Or maybe people just give when they feel like independently of the time of the year unsure.gif

As do I. I'm gifting a cb silver, my 4th cb silver gifted in the departures thread.

But the mindframe that most users have during the holidays does not suit each specific holiday imho.

As for the so-called "love and sharing" spirit, I've mentioned before that Halloween has the highest rate of CB gifting that I witness, and I am quite certain that the complete lack of a limit is the exact reason - people can take in excess and give some away while staying at a comfortable level of Halloween eggs before going back to get some more, instead of having to give away HALF of what little they own and try for another. The risk level involved in gifting Halloweens and Christmas/Valentine are on completely different levels.

I completely emphasize with this--if you check my starting post for the thread, actually, you'll see I made the exact same argument. I love gifting Halloweens but I'm not giving away my Valentine / Christmas breedings easy when, in most cases, I only have one such breeding to give.

On the other hand, I think most opposition to this is that people don't want to see newer players missing out ("Oh man, I wish I had a silver trophy, I can only get 5 of these sad.gif") or tons of trading and perceived greediness going on. I'll also admit that, as someone who does stuff themselves to the gills every Halloween with new eggs, having limits on Christmas and Valentines to know "whew, I got mine and I'm done!" is nice as opposed to thinking I need to spend all of those people-oriented holidays hunched over my computer hunting for that last extra egg.

Accordingly, I think a raised limit might be the best compromise between both. Plus, if Piemaster's suggestion for rereleasing old holidays is added (for which I am eternally hopeful!), then it'd be up to 4 CBs a year and eventually lead to pretty much as many as one could want.

I say stop making them super rare during the season because everyone asks for golds and price gauges the living tarter sauce out of them that makes the apple watch look like a honest product (it costs 84 dollars to make) by comparison

1.lift the limits and let you have as many as you can to stop the annoying prices

for all i care let us raise 20 at once during the holidays (i know that's too OP but let me dream DX)

2.make a holiday biome that only opens up during the holiday and instead of a hourly drop just make a new holiday spawn each time a egg is taken because i bet missing out on a egg and hoping to get a 2nd gen because you had slow internet STINKS

3.in this biome make old ones drop uncommonly ALL OF THEM

When the new holidays drop they flood. They are literally the only thing that drop, and when it's Christmas and Valentine's Day this flood lasts 3 days. They're not super rare, trust me. xd.png

When the new holidays drop they flood. They are literally the only thing that drop, and when it's Christmas and Valentine's Day this flood lasts 3 days. They're not super rare, trust me. xd.png

Exactly. As CNR said hunting for holidays now and hunting pre-biome are widely different experiences. It's more than likely that eggs are going to sit than a user who makes it a point to hunt is going to miss out on catching a holiday.

Also, blockEdragon, not everyone asks for golds or similarly rare dragons. Or even if they do, they don't always get them because you can get a CB gold year around. You can't get a CB holiday dragon year around.

Edited by Jazeki

The main problem I see with deleting holiday limits entirely is that it would create a massive skew in terms of newer holiday breeds versus older ones. If we removed the limits this year and everyone grabbed a dozen eggs apiece as opposed to the two dragons they have of all the older breeds, then the year after that, the vast majority of eggs in the AP are all going to be that new breed. As if it wasn't already hard enough picking hollies and yulebucks out of the pile...

I like the idea of raising the limit to 4, but I dunno about scrapping it entirely. *two cents*

but is there enough for everyone?

and i was not talking about the new hollidays

i was talking about the hollies and i don't hate the owners i hate how rare they are

i admit it i would ask for something good for my once a year dragons breeding that only a few people have

BUT i think that old holliday dragons should come back as uncommons but like nebula uncommon i mean like ember levels of uncommon so that its not some QUICK BATTLE OF THE WIFIS!

and also im pretty sure the only person here who can have a dozen eggs is TJ so regualr limets are still there

Edited by blockEdragon

BUT i think that old holliday dragons should come back as uncommons

That's a different suggestion. Please keep that in the appropriate thread.

Honestly, I'm going to be against this in any shape or form. I like the 3 day drop that's limited to 2. If it was a free for all no limits it would be one day and I know many people who have things that can't get out of and would miss the drops. ( Myself included)

If we could get 4 and keep the multiday drop I'd change my mind happily though

Edited by KuroYukia

I say stop making them super rare during the season because everyone asks for golds and price gauges the living tarter sauce out of them that makes the apple watch look like a honest product (it costs 84 dollars to make) by comparison

1.lift the limits and let you have as many as you can to stop the annoying prices

for all i care let us raise 20 at once during the holidays (i know that's too OP but let me dream DX)

2.make a holiday biome that only opens up during the holiday and instead of a hourly drop just make a new holiday spawn each time a egg is taken because i bet missing out on a egg and hoping to get a 2nd gen because you had slow internet STINKS

3.in this biome make old ones drop uncommonly ALL OF THEM

Huh? What game are you playing? After the Sweetlings, holidays became pretty easy to catch - at least on DC. And that was when, 2010?

Huh? What game are you playing? After the Sweetlings, holidays became pretty easy to catch - at least on DC. And that was when, 2010?

Yup. I joined just in time for the Sweetlings, and except for the Black Marrow Thing, they have all been really easy.

Hollies - all mine were gifted. I didn't even beg. I used to keep a list but everyone on it got in touch to say that they had found their own and not to worry. So now I don't. blockE - remind me nearer the time and I will BREED you a Holly, OK ?

i was talking about the hollies and i don't hate the owners i hate how rare they are

i admit it i would ask for something good for my once a year dragons breeding that only a few people have

BUT i think that old holliday dragons should come back as uncommons but  like nebula uncommon i mean like ember levels of uncommon so that its not some QUICK BATTLE OF THE WIFIS!

and also im pretty sure the only person here who can have a dozen eggs is TJ so regualr limets are still there

Last christmas I ended up abandoning holly eggs because I couldn't find people who wanted them. I was breeding them to gift them on the IRC.

There was also one situation where I saw Holly eggs thrown back into the AP about five times in a row because people didn't like the lineage.

Edited by DarkEternity

I actually got my first hollies last year and I got a bunch. Even a third gen~

Really catching hollies is much easier now. It's just the 2nd and 3rd gens that everybody is after~

I support increasing the holiday limit from 2 to 4, but not totally remove the limit.

1) If Christmas and Valentine should be "spread the love" and Halloween "we are all greedy", then it will be more likely people will gift away their holidays to someone who were not able to get any if they have 4 instead of just 2

And on the other hand, having a limit, we won't have people hoarding dozens new holidays and there will be potentially no difference between new players (with just 4 egg spaces), "poor" older players (with up to 7 spaces) and "rich" players (able to offers incredible things to receive more cb holidays)

2) During the release days cb holidays flood. The biggest problem in catching them is to find a code you like if you care it. So there will be more then enough dragons for every one even with the limit raised to 4

3) 4 is the perfect number for people who wants to freeze them, since they will have 1 ungendered, 1 gendered and 2 adults

Not over a three-day timespan. You can hatch eggs after two days and grab a second load, so anyone with a gold badge could grab a total of 14 new eggs over three days.

With Halloweens, it's always been grab as many as you can hold, so all the breeds are on an even footing. With holidays, if you suddenly switched from a limit of two CB's to no limit at all, you'd end up with a huge skew in holiday breed populations. I think changing the limit from 2 to 4 would be much less disruptive than changing the limit from 2 to (effectively) 14.

Edited by tjekan

BUT i think that old holliday dragons should come back as uncommons but like nebula uncommon i mean like ember levels of uncommon so that its not some QUICK BATTLE OF THE WIFIS!

If you wanna talk about older breeds that need to be bred in order to be obtained, then its still not that rare to get one, its rare to get one with a nice lineage or a 2nd gen. If you just want one for the sake of wanting one then people int the departures thread and other gifting threads toss at people left and right, so there is no shortage there. Some are clean, some have nice lineages, and some will be messy maybe even a bit inbred. If none of that matters and you just want one for the sake of having one then there's that.

I will agree that 2nd gen bred dragons are hard to obtain and in accordance to that there are already other threads attempting to fix that issue so if you want to talk about old holidays and their availability then those would be the bes places to post your support and opinions.

In terms of actual CB day of release holidays then yes there are pleny of holidays and if the limit is buped from 2 to 4 then it will be even better with a better chance of making breeding pairs and a (hopefully) easier way to deal with refusals.

I support increasing the holiday limit from 2 to 4, but not totally remove the limit.

1) If Christmas and Valentine should be "spread the love" and Halloween "we are all greedy", then it will be more likely people will gift away their holidays to someone who were not able to get any if they have 4 instead of just 2

And on the other hand, having a limit, we won't have people hoarding dozens new holidays and there will be potentially no difference between new players (with just 4 egg spaces), "poor" older players (with up to 7 spaces) and "rich" players (able to offers incredible things to receive more cb holidays)

2) During the release days cb holidays flood. The biggest problem in catching them is to find a code you like if you care it. So there will be more then enough dragons for every one even with the limit raised to 4

3) 4 is the perfect number for people who wants to freeze them, since they will have 1 ungendered, 1 gendered and 2 adults

I simply fail to get the notion against the perceived "hoarding", or the supposed "unfairness" in limits.

What is the harm, or even what business of yours it is for someone to "hoard" 100+ CB holidays through trading, as long as you are able to get your own share up to your own scroll limit with reasonable effort? You're still walking away with more than usual, and with luck may even get additional CBs through gifts to have more than you would normally be able to get with your scroll limits.

not sure i support this tbh.

having 1 or 2 more of the CB christmas and valentine dragons would be nice for lineage purposes (holiday checkers and back ups for refusals on prize lines ...)

but, i love the lack of stress for catching the new CB's during these two drops versus the Halloween stress with the Unlimited release.

personally, we just got the limit lifted on bred Holidays, and i'm happy with just that. i think that asking for more CB's when it was only intended for us to ever get 2 of those breeds is looking a gift horse in the mouth tbh

also ... will people stop using "but this is what the holidays mean" as a way to back this idea dry.gif

Christmas is about giving yes ... but Valentines day is about lust and Halloween is about the barrier between this world and the realm of the dead being at its thinnest.

if the releases were to represent what the Holiday meant, then we'd have all the dragons multi-clutching and the reconciliation feature for rejected pairs on V-Day; and the ability to resurrect or interact with killed dragons on halloween.

so just stop with the "but the holidays are about this" mumbo jumbo. cause Halloween aint about Candy, and the only giving happening on Valentines day is generally in the form of cards, gifts and more X-rated adult things /rant

personally, we just got the limit lifted on bred Holidays, and i'm happy with just that. i think that asking for more CB's when it was only intended for us to ever get 2 of those breeds is looking a gift horse in the mouth tbh

1. A lot of "intended" things got changed over the course of the game's history. GoNs were not intended to be bred, the entire concept of lineage was not an intended part of the game, and I can go on and on.

2. By extension, the entire site counts as a "gift horse" since it's completely and genuinely free to play. I think it's about time that we shut down the S/R section for good.

A lot of things changed over the years and I'm glad they did. Tj didn't have to but he did and so I'm grateful. But if people didn't suggest or request some of that stuff then what are the chances that it would have changed? The s/r section at times can be filled with imo very selfish and ignorant requests. But there is good that comes out of it. The bred limit on holidays was taken away. I am ever so grateful for that.

And yes, the site is free but what good is a site free or not free, without a large number of players?