cyradis4

AP: 1 line of non-Holiday during Holidays

Yes, that would be lovely. I remember there was a glitch some past holiday that led some users to the regular AP, while others would see the Holiday eggs. I was one of the users who experienced the glitch. Best thing that happened to me.

Really though, I'd just like any variant of this to be implemented; thinking of all the lovelies that died (and are dying?) over Halloween because they never saw the AP is heartbreaking.

JMO-as a avid ap hunter all year round, the issue I see this year is that there are a lot of people in the ap, but most aren't taking anything-even if they each took one egg, let it hatch, then tossed, it would move things along much faster...also, even tho the eggs have been super low time, the hatcheries have been very very slow.

I figure the holidays only take up a bit of time, really-they are all just bunched into several months, so I for one don't mind the chance at finding some pretty cool lineages,

I just had a thought.

Whenever I pick up an AP egg, it only has one or two views, and the view:UV:Click ratio is 1:1:1, meaning that it's only been gaining views from the people who grab it and chuck it back.

What if, as well as having one line of non-holiday eggs, eggs can gain views from the AP?

It would mean that the eggs can hatch, leaving hatchies to be picked up - and I think the hatchies would all be picked up smile.gif

What does everyone think of this?

JMO-as a avid ap hunter all year round, the issue I see this year is that there are a lot of people in the ap, but most aren't taking anything-even if they each took one egg, let it hatch, then tossed, it would move things along much faster...also, even tho the eggs have been super low time, the hatcheries have been very very slow.

I figure the holidays only take up a bit of time, really-they are all just bunched into several months, so I for one don't mind the chance at finding some pretty cool lineages,

I'm one of those people you speak of.

I'm sitting here, growling at all the wonderful AP eggs I desperately want to take..... and at the scroll full of 21 hatchies that is keeping me from them....

Cheers!

C4.

I just had a thought.

Whenever I pick up an AP egg, it only has one or two views, and the view:UV:Click ratio is 1:1:1, meaning that it's only been gaining views from the people who grab it and chuck it back.

What if, as well as having one line of non-holiday eggs, eggs can gain views from the AP?

It would mean that the eggs can hatch, leaving hatchies to be picked up - and I think the hatchies would all be picked up smile.gif

They already gain views in AP- had a Gold Shimmer vrom my 2G one grow up in the backlog becwuse I had put it in EatW whioe ot was on my scroll.

Also, ValleySherwood does have a ER where you can add ER dragons by cide, if you really don'tvwant that egg to just die.

I'm one of those people you speak of.

I'm sitting here, growling at all the wonderful AP eggs I desperately want to take..... and at the scroll full of 21 hatchies that is keeping me from them....

Cheers!

C4.

Same here. Okay, so right now, I have 6 ER eggs (2 days x hours) and 15 hatchlings. My eggs can hatch any time now, and I have two hatchies bound to grow up any minute now. xd.png

I just had a thought.

As long as they don't get enough to hatch, that's a pretty neat idea. The ERs wouldn't have been so overloaded if the incuhatchable/ER eggs already had the 100 or more unique views that they would have gotten from AP visitors. The problem is if they hatch while in the AP or directly upon being picked up. Then you have the problem the AP does right now: they can't be influenced. Special lineages become a lot less desirable if you can't be sure the future adult will be the correct gender to continue them. Precognition helps, but that just makes the ones that aren't the correct gender even less valuable. Something artificial like a cap on views gained though AP views that would keep them low enough to prevent hatching but give them a boost nonetheless would solve that problem. Plus don't allow views at all while the visible eggs are close to 7 days to prevent sickness.

Although I think if it happens it should be a special thing while the AP is full of holidays. I suspect ND makers use the AP to get lower time eggs to save time, and if they picked up all the views they got in the AP it could mess up their system.

But this idea really should be it's own thread. It's rather unrelated to giving the regular eggs a chance to be picked up during the holiday breeding weeks.

Same here. Okay, so right now, I have 6 ER eggs (2 days x hours) and 15 hatchlings. My eggs can hatch any time now, and I have two hatchies bound to grow up any minute now. xd.png

Me too - one ER egg, and 20 hatchies. One will grow up soon; the next I have to wait a whole 5 hours, and it's KILLING me... laugh.gif I'm loving it.

Me too - one ER egg, and 20 hatchies. One will grow up soon; the next I have to wait a whole 5 hours, and it's KILLING me... laugh.gif I'm loving it.

Yes, me too. The only downside is that we cannot influence the eggs any more...

I believe this has become need of the hour rather than just a nice to have suggestion. The holiday eggs wall this holiday hasn't budged at all; not that I'm complaining because I hoarded loads but point being they never went low enough in number to push non holidays to first page for adoption. Many eggs die in total vain that could have been adopted and many of the ones the did survive have unusable lineages because they can no longer be influenced. I believe a fix to this issue is naturally in order, or if that is OUTRIGHT impossible to do then at least halt normal breeding mechanism (i,e. any normal breeding auto results in no egg) for said time to avoid eggs dying since no one will be able to pick them in time anyway so what's the point of letting them be bred during this time?

That still doesn't resolve the problem for people who want to hunt AP for normal eggs during holiday times, but I guess AP isn't particularly appealing for hunting normal eggs during holiday period anyway with all the lag.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Personally, I think we'd be best served by two different APs: One for regular eggs, one for holiday eggs. The latter one obviously needs to go once the wall of holiday eggs isn't there any more.

That being said, what would people think about stopping the aging of eggs once they hit 3 days 1 hour? Because that would allow us to influence them even days after... Alternately, change the Influence BSA so that the egg either needs 3 days left or may have no more than 10 unique views.

Many eggs die in total vain that could have been adopted and many of the ones the did survive have unusable lineages because they can no longer be influenced. I believe a fix to this issue is naturally in order, or if that is OUTRIGHT impossible to do then at least halt normal breeding mechanism (i,e. any normal breeding auto results in no egg) for said time to avoid eggs dying since no one will be able to pick them in time anyway so what's the point of letting them be bred during this time?

Not allowing breeding regular dragons, so less eggs will die behind the wall? Please no, that's absolutely not a solution.

If you read this thread, you will see that there are two major reasons why people support this suggestion.

1. People are sentimental about pixel eggs dying, and want them to be saved.

2. People are not interested in hoarding tons of lineaged holidays and are terribly bored during the holiday breeding season and the days after, when the wall still lasts.

Myself a a lot of others are simply bored by the Holiday only AP, and cave hunting and breeding is all that is left to us. Don't take away the breeding as well, that would only make things worse for people like us. Give us a separate AP instead, and both groups of supporters will be happy.

Edit: Besides, there are bred eggs dying behind the wall that have been bred days before holiday breeding even started, because they haven't seen the AP before the wall hits. Also, regular cave hunting is possible except for the new holiday drop, and cb misclicks also go to the AP and die behind the wall.

Edited by Ha-Ki

I believe this has because need of the hour rather than just a nice to have suggestion. The holiday eggs wall this holiday hasn't budged at all; not that I'm complaining because I hoarded loads but point being they never went low enough in number to push non holidays to first page for adoption. Many eggs die in total vain that could have been adopted and many of the ones the did survive have unusable lineages because they can no longer be influenced. I believe a fix to this issue is naturally in order, or if that is OUTRIGHT impossible to do then at least halt normal breeding mechanism (i,e. any normal breeding auto results in no egg) for said time to avoid eggs dying since no one will be able to pick them in time anyway so what's the point of letting them be bred during this time?

That still doesn't resolve the problem for people who want to hunt AP for normal eggs during holiday times, but I guess AP isn't particularly appealing for hunting normal eggs during holiday period anyway with all the lag.

I would be dead set against halting normal breeding during this time. It would just further frustrate those who have little interest in collecting holiday eggs. Not only could they not find eggs they want on the AP, but they couldn't breed eggs for their own lineages either. Not all eggs that are bred during this time (or any other) are abandoned.

Edit: Besides, there are bred eggs dying behind the wall that have been bred days before holiday breeding even started, because they haven't seen the AP before the wall hits. Also, regular cave hunting is possible except for the new holiday drop, and cb misclicks also go to the AP and die behind the wall.

Actually - are there. I have never seen a whole wall of eggs from well before breeding started show up, eggs with 8 HOURS left, like that before. Maybe TJ made them not die...

Actually - are there. I have never seen a whole wall of eggs from well before breeding started show up, eggs with 8 HOURS left, like that before. Maybe TJ made them not die...

So they were laid before October 24th and still had a few hours left today? *scratches head* Interesting, seems like the eggs did get paused then...

So they were laid before October 24th and still had a few hours left today? *scratches head* Interesting, seems like the eggs did get paused then...

Uh? Does someone can present a screenshot of that?

Uh? Does someone can present a screenshot of that?

I don't know exactly when they were laid, but as soon as the holiday wall stooped, there were PAGES of eggs with 8 hours left and no views - and those would ordinarily have died before then, in my experience. A friend did pick one up - I will see if she can show when it was bred...

Ah. Bred Oct 27th. Actually picked up as a hatchie - CB; MUST have had views, and it insta-adulted when she clicked it in the AP.

I don't know exactly when they were laid, but as soon as the holiday wall stooped, there were PAGES of eggs with 8 hours left and no views - and those would ordinarily have died before then, in my experience. A friend did pick one up - I will see if she can show when it was bred...

Ah. Bred Oct 27th. Actually picked up as a hatchie - CB; MUST have had views, and it insta-adulted when she clicked it in the AP.

I was in the AP when the 2d+ Halloween eggs wall disappeared. One refresh, it was there, second refresh, all were gone. Replaced by a bunch of 6d something hatchies.

Once those disappeared, I saw the pages of eggs that you referenced but I was not surprised at all. Until Monday 10/31 at 00:00, there were normal eggs dropping in the AP. Yesterday, CB eggs caught in the cave on Sunday 10/30 would still be alive.

There is something I'm missing here: assuming that TJ got rid of the Halloween eggs wall (and I believe that much) why did those Halloween hatchies showed up then?

By the way, just saw a hatchie, stolen on 10/29, hatched yesterday. And that makes perfect sense, no reason to think it was paused.

Edited by SullenCat

I was there also when the egg wall ended. The transition from wall of weenie eggs to wall of weenie hatchies did not happen in 1 refresh. They started with just a few hatchies at the bottom. There were even some Witchlight hatchies among those first ones, because I was able to grab one. I believe, although I cannot prove, that most of those hatchies (although not my Witchlight which was already gendered) were from those under 3 day eggs that were making the wall. People were grabbing and hatching those to save them and then throwing them back. I saw a few people posting about doing just that. Since they could not be influenced a lot of people didn't really want them, but they wanted them out of the way so we could get on to other things.

After the hatchie wall was all grabbed, the first regular eggs I saw had 5 hours left. I caught two of those which both just happened to be caveborn. The stolen date on both of those is October 30, which would be right for their age when I caught them, no? So I do not believe anything was paused and I do not believe that TJ got rid of any Halloween eggs, either. The eggs at the end of the wall were all bred on October 31, which was the last day of holiday breeding. I think we just ran out of them.

Edited by purplehaze

I was there also when the egg wall ended. The transition from wall of weenie eggs to wall of weenie hatchies did not happen in 1 refresh. They started with just a few hatchies at the bottom. There were even some Witchlight hatchies among those first ones, because I was able to grab one. I believe, although I cannot prove, that most of those hatchies (although not my Witchlight which was already gendered) were from those under 3 day eggs that were making the wall. People were grabbing and hatching those to save them and then throwing them back. I saw a few people posting about doing just that. Since they could not be influenced a lot of people didn't really want them, but they wanted them out of the way so we could get on to other things.

After the hatchie wall was all grabbed, the first regular eggs I saw had 5 hours left. I caught two of those which both just happened to be caveborn. The stolen date on both of those is October 30, which would be right for their age when I caught them, no? So I do not believe anything was paused and I do not believe that TJ got rid of any Halloween eggs, either. The eggs at the end of the wall were all bred on October 31, which was the last day of holiday breeding. I think we just ran out of them.

I know what I saw when the wall of eggs disappeared but I've no proof, I should have taken a screenshot. Again, TJ can tell if he wishes, one way or the other.

BUT I have proof that the first regular eggs were stolen on 10/29, not 10/30. So there's something unclear there.

I may not have caught or even seen the first of the low time eggs that showed up after the hatchie wall. It is possible that I left the AP long enough to put the hatchies I had caught into some hatcheries. I know the first eggs I saw had 5 hours left and the ones I caught were stolen on 10/30. But it is possible for an egg bred on 10/29 to still be alive on 11/5, so the first of them may indeed have been from the 29th.

I have no screen shots of what I saw, either, and I'm not sure how much it matters, but I am quite sure that it did not all happen in the space of one refresh. In fact, once the hatchies started to show up it seemed that people were grabbing those instead of the eggs and the eggs didn't move much for a little while.

The only person that can say what happened to those 2d+ Halloween eggs is TJ. I will wait for his input. Until then, my opinion is based on what I saw, nothing more, nothing less, unless someone can provide a screenshot showing otherwise. Exactly on the same way, I saw eggs stolen on 10/29 alive and kicking when the walls went down. And I've proof.

And none of that really matters for the people who want this so they will have other AP choices during the holiday seasons. smile.gif I happen to love collecting pretty holiday lineages and I love having the AP full of them, but I support this for the people who would prefer to be able to pick up other things.