cyradis4

AP: 1 line of non-Holiday during Holidays

I support some way to make the non-holiday eggs reachable before they die...

I think 1 non-holiday line in AP or separete AP are both good ideas, I wouldn't mind neither.

Also there could be a pause-timer for those egg which never reached AP yet, like they can't get lower than 1-2days left till they reach the AP, once they reach the AP, the timer un-pauses and continues going down.

this way no eggs would die never reaching AP during holidays, especially Halloween

Oooh, I like that idea. Although it doesn't help the players that don't really like collecting holidays, -: they still have nothing to do in the AP for a week.

I support some way to make the non-holiday eggs reachable before they die...

I think 1 non-holiday line in AP or separete AP are both good ideas, I wouldn't mind neither.

Also there could be a pause-timer for those egg which never reached AP yet, like they can't get lower than 1-2days left till they reach the AP, once they reach the AP, the timer un-pauses and continues going down.

this way no eggs would die never reaching AP during holidays, especially Halloween

Uh.... They are pixels, not real dragons.... So why would it make sense to waste coding time to save a couple of stray electrons? As it is, it takes a couple of days to get the AP back under control again. And would the pause-timer only happen during the Holidays? Why? If it happens during regular breeding.... then we will never again have low time eggs in the AP, and that's a big "NO THANK YOU!". If its only during the Holidays, why would eggs dying during the Holidays be so special? Eggs die all the time, though usually not in the AP.

And even if its only during the Holiday breeding week... you end up with this HUGE glut of eggs at 7 days.... and 3 days later you are back at square one because people are still digesting their Halloweens / breeding mates, but the AP is clogged with 7+ DAYS of bred eggs, all at high time. The only reason the AP clears out so fast now is because eggs have been dieing for the previous 7+ days... and the eggs are super-low time already. And even still it often takes a day or two for the time of the AP to come back up to just over incu-hatchable.

So no, an egg timer pause is not, IMO, a good idea.

Cheers!

C4.

I agree with cyradis4.. no pauses.. it's incuhatchable eggs that players want, not 7 day eggs.

Personally, I like the two AP idea. I have no interest in hunting for past holiday eggs.. only breed my holidays on request so as not to add to the overfull AP.. and because I can't see reugular eggs, I'm bored for the entire week. I'd much rather be able to keep hunting regular but low-time eggs in a separate AP.

I think maybe the pause was as an alternate solution, not to go along side with the line of eggs. Although it might be necessary, since there would be fewer people hunting and might not be able to keep up with the number of normal eggs.

I like the line of eggs best, but if that's just not going to happen, preventing the eggs from dying (and ideally making them all ER at the same time for when the halloween eggs clear out) would at least improve the situation.

And who suggested pausing them at 7 days? I only see a suggestion to have them stop their counters at 1-2 days left so they won't die. That makes for a lovely glut of ER eggs once the AP clears of Holidays, not a mass of 7 day eggs.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I think maybe the pause was as an alternate solution, not to go along side with the line of eggs. Although it might be necessary, since there would be fewer people hunting and might not be able to keep up with the number of normal eggs.

I like the line of eggs best, but if that's just not going to happen, preventing the eggs from dying (and ideally making them all ER at the same time for when the halloween eggs clear out) would at least improve the situation.

And who suggested pausing them at 7 days? I only see a suggestion to have them stop their counters at 1-2 days left so they won't die. That makes for a lovely glut of ER eggs once the AP clears of Holidays, not a mass of 7 day eggs.

Its 7 day eggs.... if you pause the backlog all the time. And even if its just during the Holiday... You pause all timers at the start of Halloween breeding, so you have eggs between 5 and 7 days at that point. Then you have a WHOLE WEEK (plus 3 to 5 days of clearing backlog) of people breeding normal eggs.... all of which hit the AP and stay paused at 7 days.

Then, when it finally un-pauses, most people are still working Halloween mates... So you have the AP groaning under almost 2 weeks of bred eggs, all of which have to work down in time and be picked up.

And the question I have to ask, again, is.... Why bother with a pause at all? Yes, the AP eggs die behind the Holiday wall. But they are just pixels, and they die every year. People should know by now if they don't want them to die, then they need to not breed when eggs can get caught in the Holiday wall.

And lastly... A pause doesn't help with the problem at hand: That the people who don't Holiday hunt have limited options on what they can do. This suggestion isn't to prevent eggs from dieing. If preventing eggs from perishing was important to the game... you wouldn't be able to kill them.

Cheers!

C4.

Support. Sometimes you have to AP stuff to grab Halloweens...

Edit: And no pause please. Good points were made above me.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

support. I was kinda thinking today about how eggs are just trapped behind the wall and that a lot die. I was considering suggesting eggs under 1 day being mixed in but this is a much better idea.

And the question I have to ask, again, is.... Why bother with a pause at all? Yes, the AP eggs die behind the Holiday wall. But they are just pixels, and they die every year. People should know by now if they don't want them to die, then they need to not breed when eggs can get caught in the Holiday wall.

And lastly... A pause doesn't help with the problem at hand: That the people who don't Holiday hunt have limited options on what they can do. This suggestion isn't to prevent eggs from dying. If preventing eggs from perishing was important to the game... you wouldn't be able to kill them.

Cheers!

C4.

THIS. No support for ANYTHING more than possibly the bottom line being non-holidays. And even that only because some people are SO upset about dying pixels... (How many of those worried people have never tried for a zombie or a vamp ???)

THIS. No support for ANYTHING more than possibly the bottom line being non-holidays. And even that only because some people are SO upset about dying pixels... (How many of those worried people have never tried for a zombie or a vamp ???)

Let's not accuse people of hypocrisy, please. There's a big difference between a death that's intended and planned, to a death that happens solely due to site mechanics not allowing anyone an alternative. Latter feels like a death on pure disembodied whim and understandably makes people uncomfortable. If players want the eggs to die, great! The thing is, they typically don't. There are several people here who have expressed a desire to rescue those eggs, but the site doesn't give them that chance.

(Not to mention that usually, dragon death comes with a penalty - either it takes up a kill slot for a while, or you have eggshells blocking a spot for 24 hours, or it blocks someone's scroll for the duration it needs to run out of time... death in the AP backlog is like a free kill. I don't much care about that, but it is a big game-mechanical difference.)

Let's not accuse people of hypocrisy, please. There's a big difference between a death that's intended and planned, to a death that happens solely due to site mechanics not allowing anyone an alternative. Latter feels like a death on pure disembodied whim and understandably makes people uncomfortable. If players want the eggs to die, great! The thing is, they typically don't. There are several people here who have expressed a desire to rescue those eggs, but the site doesn't give them that chance.

(Not to mention that usually, dragon death comes with a penalty - either it takes up a kill slot for a while, or you have eggshells blocking a spot for 24 hours, or it blocks someone's scroll for the duration it needs to run out of time... death in the AP backlog is like a free kill. I don't much care about that, but it is a big game-mechanical difference.)

I feel absolutely no remorse to the eggs dying behind the wall. None at all. And I'm the OP. tongue.gif Were it only about eggs dying, I'd say: LET THEM DIE! I'll cheer them on while they do it, too, for all I care.

What I do dislike is people who don't like Holidays having reduced options. So, since there's a way to give them more options while not affecting anyone else materially, why not have our cake and eat it too? the saving of the eggs behind the wall (die eggs, die!) is, to me, not even a consideration. Its a by-product of giving others more options.

Cheers!

C4.

I have to agree with C4 here.. they're just pixels and if they cease to be pixels it's no big deal.

The BIG deal for me is BOREDOM during Holiday events. Due to all the restrictions involved with Holiday dragons, I no longer even enjoy Holiday events. They're only able to reproduce themselves once a year making lineages that use them totally tedious. Meaning I don't even bother anymore.

So...... I only breed my Holidays on request and I don't even bother to collect bred Holidays. I collect the treats.. because you can't get them off the page without collecting them. I collect the new release.. and that's it, the rest of the Holiday time is worthless.

However, give me one row of non-holiday eggs... or a separate non-holiday AP.. and I'll be able to continue my standard game without the Holiday interfering with my normal game.

On my other pixel collecting game we got 5 new creatures.. with NO limits on how many we can collect, until the end of the event.. a new item to collect, until the end of the event.. AND an interactive game to play. Needless to say I'm having WAY MORE fun on that game.

I support this. I've always been a bit of an opportunist with the AP, and this could yield some interesting things. I recall last halloween getting a hew non-holiday hatchlings that fell into the AP, and am kind of disappointed that I haven't seen any of those this year. This would allow them to show up as well.

Full support. Even though I love to hunt Holiday eggs I would also like to hunt normal eggs in the holiday season sometimes. And it would be nice for the people who don't want to hunt for Holiday eggs.

I feel absolutely no remorse to the eggs dying behind the wall. None at all. And I'm the OP. tongue.gif Were it only about eggs dying, I'd say: LET THEM DIE! I'll cheer them on while they do it, too, for all I care.

What I do dislike is people who don't like Holidays having reduced options. So, since there's a way to give them more options while not affecting anyone else materially, why not have our cake and eat it too? the saving of the eggs behind the wall (die eggs, die!) is, to me, not even a consideration. Its a by-product of giving others more options.

Cheers!

C4.

This exactly.

I have a strong impression hardly anyone got the idea of the timer-pause xd.png

Why is almost everyone assuming 7days(immediate pausing)? The whole point of the way I suggested a timer-pausing was that is pauses ONLY when the egg is ALREADY LOW TIME (1, or 2 days left, never 3 or more!). Ehh...

And why assuming ppl who don't want those eggs to die don't kill anything themselves?

Just look at my scroll xd.png I have plenty of dead zombie fodders and quite some on the way:P

But the eggs that never even hit the AP to have a chance to be picked and used whatever way is just nothing but a pure waste rolleyes.gif

So...... I only breed my Holidays on request and I don't even bother to collect bred Holidays. I collect the treats.. because you can't get them off the page without collecting them. I collect the new release.. and that's it, the rest of the Holiday time is worthless.

However, give me one row of non-holiday eggs... or a separate non-holiday AP.. and I'll be able to continue my standard game without the Holiday interfering with my normal game.

That's how I feel about this, too. I'm bored, and it's a shame there's hundreds of eggs dying while there are people who would love to take them in.

I'm seeing several opinions here, some I agree with and some I don't.

First, I'll say that I fully, 257% support this idea. While I myself probably wouldn't be picking up those eggs (not while the new breed is out - gotta catch all that trading fodder) I might look through them if I was bored before the new-egg rush, and I do feel very bad for eggs that die when nobody can help them.

I did have an angry rant here, but I decided to remove it as it was almost getting to the point of insulting people. I don't want to do that. I'll just leave this.

TL;DR: Some of you don't care about the pixels, but please acknowledge that some people do. Consider everyone's point of view.

Now, to the actual suggestion. I quite like the idea of an extra line in the AP, but it would make the lovely wall of low-time, insta-hatchie commons practically non-existent (probably). So, I'm actually leaning more in favour of the pause-timer. I know there've been several 'no's on that, but here's how I see it working:

When an egg hits 2d on its timer, that egg and that egg alone has its timer paused.

Some people seemed to be thinking that as soon as the first egg hit 1d, all the eggs would be paused, or that all the eggs would be paused as soon as the holiday wall begins. My thought is that no egg can get below 2d in the AP, but they all lose time until that point, meaning that lots of nice commons are still around for grabbing - and there'll be lots more of them, too! Every single one of those eggs that normally dies behind the wall will be sitting there as a lovely insta-hatchie.

I've seen someone say 'just don't breed during the holiday if you don't want them to die' but remember: misclicks and forgetfulness are a thing. Maybe someone forgets to drop an egg back while AP-hunting, ends up egglocked, and accidentally auto's a shiny? It sounds like something many of us would do, and it could be anywhere from an annoyance to a major heartbreak if that egg was going to die behind the wall. Knowing it would turn up again as soon as the wall lifted would be a major relief.

Or perhaps, instead of the pausing, the line of normal AP eggs (whether it's at the start of end of the AP doesn't matter) just only shows up when eggs hit, say, 3d 5h? That would leave time to Influence as wanted, have something for people to do while the Holiday wall was up, and still leave the low-time common wall after the holiday eggs are gone. smile.gif

Edited by Zeditha

I can't remember if I've posted in this thread or not, so here I go anyway.

I like this idea, because even though I spend all my time during holiday

breeding times picking up holidays, I know not everyone else does that,

and I know some people who would really like to be able to have at

least a few more options for eggs to pick up while the holiday madness

is going on.

kinda want to add that I'm definitely getting sick of grabbing halloween eggs xd.png

The halloween wall gets larger and larger every year. I know for sure on years before this you had to hurry to snag extra halloweens after the new dragons had hatched. There's just no end to them this year.

Edited by 626lavaheart

kinda want to add that I'm definitely getting sick of grabbing halloween eggs xd.png

The halloween wall gets larger and larger every year. I know for sure on years before this you had to hurry to snag extra halloweens after the new dragons had hatched. There's just no end to them this year.

Last year the wall lasted until the 5th. Right now, we are only on the 4th.... so we haven't even gotten to the point the old one petered out yet.

So give it 24+ hrs, then we'll see which wall lasted longer. xd.png This one just seems longer because the eggs are lower in time, because the TJ removed the "add a day" component earlier this year.

Cheers!

C4.

I just realized, that technically a Halloween wall can't last longer than until Nov 7th, 23:59, because on Nov 7th the Holidays in the AP will simply start to die in masses, and the last ones will die at 23:59.

While I find it reassuring that I don't have to worry about Halloween walls that last much longer than last year's wall, I'm really bored if there's nothing but Halloweens in the AP for two weeks. I'd love to have an extra row of regular eggs, or an entire regular AP that is accessible through another URL (I actually prefer the second one).

I definitely think that adding a second, holiday-only AP could work. something like

"To the right, you notice a second pile of abandoned eggs, With unfamiliar, seasonal designs. Would you like to Visit that pile instead?"

I definitely think that adding a second, holiday-only AP could work. something like

"To the right, you notice a second pile of abandoned eggs, With unfamiliar, seasonal designs. Would you like to Visit that pile instead?"

This is a great idea