cyradis4

AP: 1 line of non-Holiday during Holidays

no at the end of it, it boils down to the fact that Holiday breeders, hoarders and catchers only have 1 week out of the year to get new dragons for their scroll, while every other dragons has 52 weeks to breed true and be collected. at the end of it, non-holiday hunters have the biomes to still hunt from, they have their scrolls to breed from. the only inconvenience is, those aren't incuhatchable. imo its a bit inconsiderate to those of us that wait 51 weeks out of the year and have a limited time to add a limited number of fresh dragons to our scrolls and lineage projects all because some people dont want to catch non-holidays and wait for the 2 days it takes em to hatch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

adding a row eh. i still think it would be pointless, because the good lines anyone has any want or need for would gt snapped up and then the ones no one wants would sit there and keep it backed up. and what if there happens to be a mass breed a week before the holidays hit, like a wall of mints or albinos or nocturns. walls that take hours to remove with all 5 lines. you'll just be sitting there, looking at 5 eggs from the same breed, for days with only one line. and in that case, the line might as well not even be there, because the things behind it are still doing what they've always done.

i still dont see how 3 weeks out of 52 is much of an inconvenience to you lot tbh. so what if commons aren't in the AP, they're still dropping in the cave and you can still breed them on your scroll.

it would be different if Holidays weren't restricted to 1 single week out of 52 to breed true. its the only point in time were people can get the dragons they need to continue lineages with or complete scroll goals or hoards. its the only time new members can get dragons that otherwise would never appear again and they could never catch, and the AP is the only place for non-forum members to get those dragon.

you lot can breed the dragons that normally fill up the AP every day of the year, and you can build a hoard of those dragons that numbers in the 100's with ease. holiday dragons aren't like that. even scroll locking myself and trading, i can only get at most between 30-40 new Holiday dragons each season. all of which i have to wait 52 weeks to be able to even begin hunting for, and only have 1 week to hunt for them in the AP

It's best not to lump all holiday breeders, catchers, and hoarders together. Some people just want one of each holiday and they are done. Some people want many holidays. Those users that don't need holidays eggs (aside from the new ones) are often left with nothing to do and would be happy to save any ER regular eggs from the AP instead of staring at a wall-o-weens.

Earlier on the thread, I stated that I was generally busy for the last holiday (V-day), but still managed to get 30-something eggs. This will be my third year of breeding for other people in addition to getting holidays for myself. I don't mind that I only have a week. I like Vhale's suggestion of extending the breeding period, but that's not what this suggestion is about.

It (the suggestion) also has nothing to do with users losing out on the potential for holiday eggs. They have a week to get them after all and many users plan months in advance to be able to do so. TJ also makes announcements before breeding starts. If dedicating an already existing line of AP eggs to low time eggs is a problem, there are also the suggestions to add a fifth or sixth line of just regular eggs. VixenDra's idea is also a good one for those who don't want to constantly see regular eggs.

But, if a user is having a problem with catching an egg from 3,4, or 5 solid lines of holidays, then there is a bigger issue at hand than availability.

But, if a user is having a problem with catching an egg from 3,4, or 5 solid lines of holidays, then there is a bigger issue at hand than availability.

Yes indeed. When I was playing on dodgy dialup, it wasn't the number of lines that was the problem AT ALL, it was the page load. And the fact that a lot of the time the connection would drop as I clicked on an egg sad.gif. But if I had an AP, and the connection helped up - it was OK. Slow, but OK.

Support.

Commons are dying behind the wall right now. I bit some vampires but dropped them right before the event and the have less then 4 hours to live on them right now. I can confirm in 4 hour we will 100% have dead eggs. It's sad. I have room on my scroll for hatchling so I could save a bunch if I had the chance too. Its not even Halloween yet and we are all plugged up.

Support.

Commons are dying behind the wall right now. I bit some vampires but dropped them right before the event and the have less then 4 hours to live on them right now. I can confirm in 4 hour we will 100% have dead eggs. It's sad. I have room on my scroll for hatchling so I could save a bunch if I had the chance too. Its not even Halloween yet and we are all plugged up.

Support as well. I was more or less indifferent about this right up until I realized stuff is actually dying behind the wall. A bunch of stuff I bred before the event started is down to 1d 11h. It's all pretty stuff, it would get snapped up in a heartbeat if it was showing... but it's all guaranteed to die because the AP is going to freeze for another 2d+ while people are locked with the new Halloween CBs.

Support.

^^This.

I don't hunt low time eggs during holidays - but I DO see the point for those who don't want to catch more holidays. Why should THEIR play be on hold for three weeks. Cuts both ways.

Agreed, particularly because I'm one of those who don't want to catch more holidays.

I definitely support this. I would rather both Halloweens and the 1-day eggs be simultaneously available than have just one or the other, as we have now.

I'd rather be able to select the regular AP or holiday AP to hunt in, but this would be an improvement over the current situation.

I definitely support this. I would rather both Halloweens and the 1-day eggs be simultaneously available than have just one or the other, as we have now.

Let's hope that TJ will listen to this suggestion. In the meantime, I can live with the actual situation, keeping my fingers crossed that the Holiday eggs and hatchies are in the queue.

They are. It looks as though once the WALL was done, the timing was put back to normal, and there are now holidays in with the others. The way TJ has done this works for me. It even means that people who were locked with holidays before now have a chance to catch some more !

Didn't happen for Halloween. Oh well... But we have been pretty good, could we have this as a Xmas gift?

I had no problem during Halloween. That worked fine for me, but then again, I have no interest in the non-holidays when the Holidays are dropping.

suppose it could be nice, though I particularly enjoy speed hatching them when the wall goes down. I snagged at lest ten when the Halloween event ended

Not sure if I've voiced my support for this, but I support! We will still be able to catch lower time eggs, plus it gets boring after a while once you've seen the same lineage 6 times from different parents dry.gif

So I support and hope this becomes a thing~!

I had no problem during Halloween. That worked fine for me, but then again, I have no interest in the non-holidays when the Holidays are dropping.

Ditto on this. smile.gif

Same here. We have all year for the non-Holiday eggs, so holiday-only AP for a week seems only fun and legit.

No support, at least not for an extra line of non-holiday eggs. If dying eggs are the problem, TJ could add a certain amount of time to those eggs. If people get bored by the AP, there's always the cave and breeding/trading. The holiday walls don't last that long, anyway.

Just what do you have to lose if there's an additional line in the AP that only shows non-holidays?

Seriously, I'm baffled by the attitude I see here so often. "It wouldn't hurt me in the slightest, but I don't support it because people can do other stuff but play the way they want." That kind of sums it up.

It's not "oh I just don't want other people's request to be implemented on-site bzzz bzz because I'm an evil robot from Terminator" %) It's just "I understand other people might want it, but I don't think that this feature will make the site better". It's what the request forum is about, no? %) People write "I support" if they like the idea and want it. People write "no support" or something else (I didn't write "no support", I just voiced my opinion) if they don't like the idea or are indifferent to it.

I find it fun when we see the cave full of holiday eggs, and holiday eggs only. I imagine the whole pile (mountain-sized) of festively coloured eggs, dragons and people adding new eggs every second. So many, the common eggs are completely buried somewhere under the pile, no way to dig them out until the holiday ends %)

Edited by laertid

Personally, I love the holiday pile. However, I understand that other people aren't into (lineaged) holidays and would like to do something else but wait for the wall to pass (or the stagnant biomes to shuffle). Winter and Valentine are especially bad in this regard, considering that the CBs drop for three days straight.

So, yes, this suggestion has some value. (Not for me personally, but for many other players.) It doesn't harm me or my play style in any way. So, yes, I support this suggestion despite not needing it.

I ... do not support.

My reasoning. ( Though I might be mistaken on this and if I am please let me know ).

We breed holiday pairings. There can be anywhere from one to four eggs. For an example, a white and an holiday pairing. There is a clutch of four eggs, two holiday, two white. One holiday goes to the AP, the other two white disappear into the wall to die.

One line of an AP egg will still have the vast majority of eggs in it as holiday lineaged eggs. Breeding a non-holiday egg would be pointless to drop to the AP. A lineaged holiday egg vs a lineaged holiday egg with an uncommon egg at the start. Either way it is more of the same breeding/lineages.

I ... do not support.

My reasoning. ( Though I might be mistaken on this and if I am please let me know ).

We breed holiday pairings. There can be anywhere from one to four eggs. For an example, a white and an holiday pairing. There is a clutch of four eggs, two holiday, two white. One holiday goes to the AP, the other two white disappear into the wall to die.

One line of an AP egg will still have the vast majority of eggs in it as holiday lineaged eggs. Breeding a non-holiday egg would be pointless to drop to the AP. A lineaged holiday egg vs a lineaged holiday egg with an uncommon egg at the start. Either way it is more of the same breeding/lineages.

Most of the non-holidays that people are referring to are bred before the holiday and then pushed behind the holiday walls. Also, when holidays are bred, they don't produce the other species.

Just what do you have to lose if there's an additional line in the AP that only shows non-holidays?

Seriously, I'm baffled by the attitude I see here so often. "It wouldn't hurt me in the slightest, but I don't support it because people can do other stuff but play the way they want." That kind of sums it up.

Exactly!

I collect CBs, not interested on anything else unless quite rare sprites like Hollies or Prizes. So during the Holidays, that are supposedly so exciting and fun, I spent my time yawning and hoping for January. The issue with the kind of behavior that you describe is that it is contagious. I tend to support suggestions that I find reasonable, even if they do not bring me any benefit. Right now I'm feeling quite childish and will support exclusively what I can "use", opposing everything else.