cyradis4

AP: 1 line of non-Holiday during Holidays

I support this as well. I pretty much get to the point where I'm done hunting holidays or I've finished collecting them. I want more albino eggs born during these times. Maybe more frozens of other breeds too.

I'm for.

I do exclusive holiday breeding during the holidays,but know plenty of persons who don't. My issue has always been only allowing people two CBs per person Christmas and Valentines. I think every year you play, you should be allowed an extra egg up to normal egg slot limits. There is only so much you can do with two males or two females. *sigh* If you have hung around 7 YEARS playing this game, give the player 7 eggs, man.

I never saw a hatchie wall. I saw all the halloween dragons vanish, and other eggs just show up. I'm glad to know there was a hatchie wall, although it would have done me no good because I was hatchie locked. We need a BSA that pushes hatchies out of the nest faster, LOL

I support this

this past Halloween i bred some of my dragons when the wall was up in the AP and i finally looked at the offspring and they has sixteen hours left, Long story short all of those dragon are wild,

So i think that that this would help.

Here is the thing... I ended with more than 20 new Halloween dragons because there was nothing else to get in the AP. Should I feel guilt because someone else got less than they wanted? I don't. If people aren't ok with having other breeds available for bored catchers, that's their right. I wish I could catch something else but, if I can't, I will just hoard.

Here is the thing... I ended with more than 20 new Halloween dragons because there was nothing else to get in the AP. Should I feel guilt because someone else got less than they wanted? I don't. If people aren't ok with having other breeds available for bored catchers, that's their right. I wish I could catch something else but, if I can't, I will just hoard.

What - 20 Witchlights ???

If you mean Hallowe'ens from the AP in general - I ended up with - I think - 63.... And as far as I can tell, all the ones I bred have happy homes - and I bred ALL mine on the last possible day.

But I do sympathise with people who want to catch other stuff.

What - 20 Witchlights ???

If you mean Hallowe'ens from the AP in general - I ended up with - I think - 63.... And as far as I can tell, all the ones I bred have happy homes - and I bred ALL mine on the last possible day.

But I do sympathise with people who want to catch other stuff.

Witchlights, 21 to be accurate. Anyway, I meant that there could be less competition for the new Halloweens if the suggestion was implemented.

Rather than adding another line to the already chaotic and overloaded AP, I'd suggest making a temporary secondary AP during the holidays, linked from the first page and exclusively for holidays. Like many others, I only collect holidays during the season, but for those who find the breeds boring I imagine the two weeks of each holiday are quite tedious. Plus... I feel bad for all those dying unseen eggs!

I would love the idea of having a line for non-holiday eggs, it would be fun to be able to continue normal hunting during the holidays!

Two abandoned piles or something would be nice. Not because I "feel bad" for dying eggs, I don't - that's the point of that place, but because of the fact, like... what if I have all the holidays I wanted? What am I supposed to do during those two weeks? I'm only left with the CB and self-bred options, but what if I'm that horribly picky and don't want to go for those either? :'D

On 20.12.2017 at 12:15 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Rather than adding another line to the already chaotic and overloaded AP, I'd suggest making a temporary secondary AP during the holidays, linked from the first page and exclusively for holidays. Like many others, I only collect holidays during the season, but for those who find the breeds boring I imagine the two weeks of each holiday are quite tedious. Plus... I feel bad for all those dying unseen eggs!

I think this suggestion is perfect - and very much in line with the current holiday biome. Full support!

I would like to be able to have access to non holidays too in the AP, not sure what would work best game programming wise but it would be nice. 

Nudging this up because it would be nice to decrease the monotony for those who don't like cave hunting or those who don't work with holidays due to the limitations or or those who like to collect lineaged dragons but are tired of the endless holiday eggs.

Something like this would be good. I usually end up grabbing holiday dragons during holidays, but I've got so many already that I really don't need them and would be happy to continue hunting as normal. Definitely support. :)

In another year or so I will be in a position where I have my scroll-goals of the majority of holiday breeds, so I *very* much support this. 

*pokes* full 100% support, for any version of this, although my preference would go towards the line of extra eggs in the AP. (Extra holiday-only AP a close second!)

Chances are the normal AP would end up lower-time during holidays, but once it does, people will snap up the insta-hatchies. I'm sure groups will arise who hatch the AP during holidays, either from boredom or wanting to help. Either way, I can abandon non-holiday eggs during holidays without the guilt! :D

Bumping for Halloween.  I very much support this.

It looks like a lot of people collect holiday dragons they don't necessarily want, just for something to do.  An extra row would give them something to do, thereby preserving the holiday eggs for longer for the people who like holiday eggs.

A line of regular eggs will prevent the potential waste of nice dragons.  As they hit 4 days, or 3 days 23 hours, they will be picked up and hatched.  It isn't very hard to keep an egg slot open and cycle ER eggs through it.  Anyone hatching those ER eggs will have the opportunity to hang on to any freshly-hatched dragons they really like, and the rest can go back to the AP.  Some people collect messies and inbreds, some people prefer even-gen over stairstep, or vice versa, and (because people can hold more hatchlings than eggs) hatchies get snapped up really fast.

Meanwhile, a line of regular eggs would not have that much impact on the holiday eggs.  Any given holiday egg would still eventually hit the AP, whether the regular line occupies the bottom row or is added beneath it.  Say, what about a compromise?  Have 4 1/2 lines of holiday eggs, and two half-lines of regular eggs.  Everyone's happy, right?  No?  Darn.

Yes, I essentially just summarized all the arguments in favor of this.  Now it (or at least my interpretation of it) is all in one place.

To me, having a Holiday AP separate from the normal AP during holiday seasons would be more preferable. Not having a normal AP is annoying, especially when the holiday dragons sit in the AP for a really long time - I’d rather just keep a whole normal AP separate from a holiday one rather than have one little line.

While I would prefer two separate APs, this looks like some sort of compromise. Still worse for the people who want to hunt regular eggs, but better than the status quo, I suppose.

I suggested this (years ago) after the "extra AP" was shot down and shot down hard. XD  I support either, not because I'm interested in reg eggs during the Holidays (I'm not) but because others really are. 

I just wish we could get TJ to do.... something. 😕

Cheers!

C4. 

Support.  I dislike seeing random eggs dying in the AP during holidays.  I know they're just pixels, but I don't see the point of wasting eggs especially when there could be people who want them.

I would have liked this some years back, when, I had made a point of doing a breeding run of some of my favorite pairs and lines and went thru a bunch of them, not aware that they wouldn't hit the AP until we were in the midst of Holidays Breeding time. And so they all got to grow up to the wilderness. I'm not mad or anything,  I just don't always have the best concept of time and upcoming holidays (especially as they are literally just normal days for me), so I really like it when people post FYI dates. That's very helpful. But considering how large that backlog can get, and especially as I don't have much going on with holiday breeding other than gifting or off to AP cuz I want to make sure I have my CBs, which I do on many non Halloween now, I  could see me hunting normal dragons during Certain Holidays. And as many people return around Holidays to straight AP breed their rare nice lines and that's it, I would like them to have an option for non Holiday lovelies too, because I would love to scoop them up. 

I don't love building holiday lineages, so the whole holiday breeding window when the AP is nothing but is always a bit meh for me. Particularly these couple days when the new eggs are dropping, so the cave's full of those, and the AP's full of old holidays...

Would like it if even one row were regular eggs, so less things would have to die.