Thuban

Trader's Canyon

So, no more raffle HMs ...

Now this store (or similar implementations for getting the former HM rewards) would be the only chance left to get them.

Pardon ? The store items (as I understand them) would replicate rather than replace the raffle prizes - past prizes, HMs, and possibly a few extras like seasonals out of season.

(And I suddenly got to wondering - IF this ever happened - whether we could buy SECOND GENS out of season, or the magic to BREED a seasonal out of season biggrin.gif (Just sitting there being frustrated that all checkers are stymied for so long as the members of the line can only be bred once a year and not in the season you get them(as in, if I get a 2 gen on the first day of breeding, I can't breed it on the last day, when it has grown up...)

Just a dash of impatience there ! And also a VERY bad idea. Ignore me xd.png

Did you see the latest news?

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=165976

Unlike in past years, there is no Honorable Mention tier this year.

Thus, no more raffle HMs, we have to make do with what exists already (at least until this store gets implemented). And I was hoping that there would be more Hellhorses and Soulpeaces out there to get offspring and build lineages from ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Did you see the latest news?

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=165976

Thus, no more raffle HMs, we have to make do with what exists already. And I was hoping that there would be more Hellhorses and Soulpeaces out there to get offspring and build lineages from ...

I personally think that TJ has decided to introduce HMs this way.

Has he? I mostly see him contributing by commenting on people's discussing methods. Maybe your mindreading works better than mine.

That doesn't invalidate my point though: Now this store (or similar implementations for getting the former HM rewards) would be the only chance left to get them.

So keep on planning and fleshing this out, people biggrin.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Looking at the news section, change is already upon us.

I would like to say I am against being able to trade mana/points/whatever the counter ends up being called. I still see this whole set up as a loyalty reward program. Loyalty mana/points (currency) belong to the person who earned them, not as trade fodder. If they are tradeable it would seem to me to be opening the floodgates for more multi scrolling, why settle for what one scroll can earn when you can multiply it?

On the subject of holiday limits for this idea. I think the KISS (Keep It Simple Silly) rule needs to be observed. Christmas and Valentine both have an established cb limit of two. That should be continued such that any Christmas or Valentines cave borns gotten this way do not put the player over the cb limit of two for the breed. Then we get to Halloween, where it gets more vague on how to handle. I don't think we need to make a cb limit that hasn't previously existed. Make the holiday eggs only available during the regular week of holiday breeding. The players would then have to decide how to fill their egg slots. With new treasures from trading, continue their own lineages, or spend their mana/points. I say this expecting the holiday eggs will be expensive and people are not likely to be able to afford to aquire in mass.

If you can only acquire 2 CB max (if you didn't have any before), Valentines and Christmasses don't even need to be expensive, really. Once you have them, you won't be able to get more, period.

I do agree that the currency itself *has* to be untradable. You have to acquire it yourself, with your own effort.

(And I suddenly got to wondering - IF this ever happened - whether we could buy SECOND GENS out of season, or the magic to BREED a seasonal out of season biggrin.gif (Just sitting there being frustrated that all checkers are stymied for so long as the members of the line can only be bred once a year and not in the season you get them(as in, if I get a 2 gen on the first day of breeding, I can't breed it on the last day, when it has grown up...)

Just a dash of impatience there ! And also a VERY bad idea. Ignore me xd.png

If im understanding your blurb there properly.. yea.. its probably a bad idea. If you are needing seasonals for something though, you are completely welcome to poke me. Most of mine just sit around forgotton...

The idea to have out of season seasonals in there, isnt set in stone, it was just an interesting idea. No, I dont think "bred" ones are going to show up in there (unless TJ randomly decides to somehow work his thuwed list into it, however, I'd rather not tongue.gif)

If im understanding your blurb there properly.. yea.. its probably a bad idea.

I meant holidays... ninja.gif Shhh...

heh, well.. in that case..

Sorry, no. The cb holidays obtained during the breeding window from the store should follow the same rules that already exist: no breeding holidays from them until their next breeding window. Its honestly the most fair thing I can come up with regarding those.

This entire suggestion is a long series of compromises, geared towards a serious "positive" goal (of getting those unattainable as cbs from the cave) with an understanding that there is no way to make everyone happy, so aiming equally unhappy is good. There will not really be any instant gratification with this. Speaking of compromise...

With HMs having disappeared (as of the news post), I'm wondering if they would still be an option for them to have a place in this store. If they cant be included, would you guys be alright with /just/ prizes and holidays being available?

With HMs having disappeared (as of the news post), I'm wondering if they would still be an option for them to have a place in this store. If they cant be included, would you guys be alright with /just/ prizes and holidays being available?

See, that would make such a store completely uninteresting to me.

I have a feeling it would be the same for a large number of people (myself included) but.. I figured I should feel that out so I can start trying to work out some back up plans.

I don't really want the thing ANYWAY - but I would MUCH rather it included the old-style (we must now call them !) HMs. I don't specially WANT loads of prize dragons - OH the HERESY ! xd.png - I'd mostly only want holidays, and I HAVE my limit of most of them anyway.

*Tries to duck all the rotten tomatoes*

When I think HM, all my vision suddenly becomes red, with a holly leaf stuck to it. So yeah, as long as a holly is in there, I will be collecting the mana thingies as long as it takes tongue.gif

*Ducks some more*

I would be too busy being sad if no more CB alts/hybrids/Frills were available ever, and unable to collect any rotten tomatoes for throwing ...

Actually I think that since HM are missing from this year's raffle this suggestion became even more important for us. Maybe TJ didn't select any HM winners because he's thinking of implementing a feature like this?

HM has always been strange to my eyes. I don't think that they aren't useful anymore, and by looking at the news thread it seems to me that many users hoped for another new set of CB Hybrids/alt, old holidays and stuff.

I still hope that this suggestion can be supported like before (and even more). Without the raffle it still seem to me a nice way to introduce special breeds as CBs in game.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I do hope TJ isn't intending to stop HMs alltogether. It'd be great if they would just be implemented in this store idea, it would actually make more sense as well I think.

Though I'm all for this suggestion in any way, I need so many CB Holidays this would be great for it biggrin.gif

@ Thuban - i would hope that since TJ isn't doing HM's in the raffle. if he does implement a store like this than its even more argument for Hybrids and Alts to be included. otherwise, for us older users that have majority of the CB Holidays already, the store holds very little retention outside of 2 or 3 years depending on mana and prices and such.

I think that CB prizes should only be sold once they are retired as prizes so that winning one remains special at the time. So a new breed every year or 2, and going into the shop after they get rotated out.

this. so much this! 100% support on this

in fact this sort of store could be a great way of "retiring" sprites. take the Whiptail. its an older breed, theres not much interest in it from users, but peopel still liek to collect it. and its a cave blocker.

instead of going the way of the Frill and Bright Pink; TJ retires it from the Cave and adds it to the store as a low summoning spell (because its classified as a common).

allows users to still collect the sprite as a CB, but helps with the clogging issue in the cave.

Nope, I want CB colored Stripes.. and CB ALTs.. and CB Hellhorses.. etc. etc. etc.

While they probably would not be my first purchase/redemption, once I had a pair of CB Hollies and pairs of all the prizes.. which we have pretty much established will have scroll limits.. well, after that it's all about the CB hybrids and CB ALTs.

I doubt his reasoning for discontinuing the HMs this year, has to do with this suggestion (or any of the others currently being discussed).

If you think about it.. there have been years and years of people wanting more Prizes to be handed out. Perhaps, the only way to be able to do that was by leaving the HM's out (for ratios or whatever reason might exist in the sites code).

I'm not saying that we shouldnt keep trying to work this suggestion (or the others that exist) out. Every suggestion I've seen recently to make those HMs available has some merit. I have other ideas in my mind that could be interesting (but they dont fit in this thread.. or the other one I have been sort of following). Im not a fan of all of them, but, if they all end up decently fleshed out, it does provide more options for actually implementing /something/.

Being prone to always having a back up plan, one of the first thoughts I had was: maybe the ability to pick specific ones messes with things. Maybe instead people could use the points for raffle tickets towards winning them on a weekly/monthly/whatever basis. That way, he has some control over how many cbs exist. You might not get what you are hoping for that way, but it still keeps them available at the very least. It combines the idea of the raffle, and the idea of earning things you want access to, at a reasonable level. Its not perfect, no.. but its still a potential back up plan.

Yet another raffle is not a store though, it's a different concept. New thread for that? wink.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

in fact this sort of store could be a great way of "retiring" sprites. take the Whiptail. its an older breed, theres not much interest in it from users, but peopel still liek to collect it. and its a cave blocker.

instead of going the way of the Frill and Bright Pink; TJ retires it from the Cave and adds it to the store as a low summoning spell (because its classified as a common).

allows users to still collect the sprite as a CB, but helps with the clogging issue in the cave.

NO MORE RETIRED BREEDS, please.

And if the store happens no-one should HAVE to use it to get their commons etc. It should be for - old style HMs, basically - and prizes if TJ OKs that.

I love everything about this idea... except the Prize dragon part. As much as I would love for everyone to have one, that would kinda ruin the Christmas event for me. I know that sounds ridiculous, as I'm more likely to be struck by lightning than win, but I've always felt those breeds were supposed to be special and reserved for the event they were created to be prizes for. That said, I have always wanted to have access to the older holidays I wasn't around for or missed because life happened. This seems like a wonderful compromise to re-releasing them. People still have to work for it, but the chance to obtain them is there. I hope this gets done, minus the Prize dragons. Thank you for posting this. ♥

Actually I think that since HM are missing from this year's raffle this suggestion became even more important for us. Maybe TJ didn't select any HM winners because he's thinking of implementing a feature like this?

HM has always been strange to my eyes. I don't think that they aren't useful anymore, and by looking at the news thread it seems to me that many users hoped for another new set of CB Hybrids/alt, old holidays and stuff.

I still hope that this suggestion can be supported like before (and even more). Without the raffle it still seem to me a nice way to introduce special breeds as CBs in game.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the news thread.

That said, while I want the dragons previously known as HMs to be available in the store, I'm primarily interested in the base idea of the store/game/way-to-earn-rather-than-win-dragons. In other words, if TJ were to decide that this was a Great Idea and just include Prize dragons and holidays, I'd collect those. If he decided that Prizes would not be in there because he so massively increased the number he's giving out in the raffle, but did want the old HMs in the store, I would go after those. Of course I hope that ALL of these would be included, but losing one category wouldn't stop me supporting the suggestion.

I remain opposed to using a store to introduce entirely exclusive new breeds, however.

Edited by LibbyLishly

I love everything about this idea... except the Prize dragon part. As much as I would love for everyone to have one, that would kinda ruin the Christmas event for me. I know that sounds ridiculous, as I'm more likely to be struck by lightning than win, but I've always felt those breeds were supposed to be special and reserved for the event they were created to be prizes for. That said, I have always wanted to have access to the older holidays I wasn't around for or missed because life happened. This seems like a wonderful compromise to re-releasing them. People still have to work for it, but the chance to obtain them is there. I hope this gets done, minus the Prize dragons. Thank you for posting this. ♥

Oh, my thoughts exactly... I'm against Prize dragons being in the store but I'm okay with everything else.