Alexander_Drake

YAAD OOC Thread

Ooh, cool. me likey. smile.gif

Could you draw some pictures of my moonstones?

Oh, and maybe Esko too, their dragon is different from the norm as well as yours.

Uuuuuuuuuugh I'm so sorry for vanishing, you guys! Been exhausted too much to write as of late and stressed with a recent major fire near our region. Can anyone give a brief summary like whee you are, how much time it's been and what new characters there are, if any? I'll read through the RP soon-ish.

Edit: tyyypooooooos

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Who are your favorite people? I am curious...

Size? I wondered that too.

I picture moonstones as being the size of a one-story house.

and olive dragons are funny. come on and join, more = better. smile.gif

xd.png Drawing is more of a hobby of mine-though if I was serious about it, I might be able to produce top-quality drawings like the Seragamma Wyvern in rampaging wyvern's signature. I'd be happy to take a shot at drawing the other dragons though!

Size approximation? No idea. I've always figured the dragons were fairly large, Pygmies may be the size of a large dog to a horse at best, smaller dragons between a horse and a truck, medium dragons to houses, and larger dragons like mansions. The Guardian of Nature and the Avatars were behemoths, like the size of fantasy castles and palaces.

Now had I known that existed, I would have reformed my assumptions. xd.png The only references I had on size were the descriptions dragons have(when you visit their page), a rough estimate on sprites, and their encyclopedia data, so I didn't have much to work with. Though, if pygmies are about the size of cats, maybe only the larger dragons are the size of houses, so an average/medium dragon would be the size of a semi-truck or smaller?? Just throwing ideas around.

Oh yeah. I'm not sure where everyone is at the moment, rampaging wyvern, but I do know that Esko, his hatchling, Alex, and Omen are in a northwestern desert town, in the larger desert to the upper left of the mountain range(so near the volcanic area), and the newest members are TehUltimateMage, Fractional Pi Day(soon), and I. Mage will be playing as a Magi dragon and I'm a Guardian Dragon with dark "metal" scales, down at the opposite end of the same desert.

Edited by skwerl56767

To add my 2 cents to the drawing topic, I cn't draw digitally and can only draw dragons well. Everything but humans I can draw okay, the people I draw are train wrecks.

How is a horse-sized dragon hard to imagine? Plus, I think the spriter said that Shadow Walkers are about the size of an arabian horse.

Stones, meanwhile, are HUUUUUUUGE. If the poster of dragon sizes is to be believed, they're... Actually here's the unoffical dragon size poster: https://i.imgur.com/DmN6tmG.png

I think they're shoulder heights, so the dragon might actually be taller.

Oh.... Hahaaahhaaa.... Tianna....

Ah, you're right. Although personally, "house-sized" for me would be roughly.... 10~15m tall. What about everyone else?

Have you even SEEN the new Hobbit movies? Think Smaug, but SMALLER. I mean, come on. :/

Edit: whoops, thought i was at the end of the last page. xd.png didn't see there was a new page.

P.S. Pi, you could be like a nerdy olive dragon who always has to be correct or gets grumpy and argumentative.

Edited by Alexander_Drake

Um... I have no idea how tall my house is, but it's a two-story, so it doesn't count. xd.png I can see though why "house-sized" can be a rather vague description. When Alex said that though, I envisioned a dragon anywhere between 10 and 15 feet tall, width was just assumed from the sprite images. Though that chart is pretty useful... I might save it. And according to it, Moonstones are only a couple of feet taller than a human... hm...

Oh, this business of relativity. xd.png

Oh man, no wonder "I" was so easily accustomed to being a Moonstone. It wasn't much more mass to walk around with, and the scale wasn't too bad either.

Edit: Skwerl, you joined the forum on the sixth of January 2015. that means... you probably joined for MY role-play! ohmy.gif If that's true... wow. also, I made new friends via an idea I randomly thought of. Though... maybe it wasn't random. I totally believe in fate, because throughout my life, I've been plagued with intense moments of Deja vu. Several hundred times. And the events haven't always gone the same as i remember them, meaning i think I've been reset, sent back in time to relive my life and make it better. or something like that, but the re-living my life part is definite.

Whoa. tangent much? xd.png

Yup! That's why it's successful advertising, see? wink.gif While waiting to get approved, I was itching to write my character's prologue. xd.png

Oh hey... Straying a bit off-topic here, but is anyone raising Sunrise/Sunset dragon eggs and having them take unusually long to hatch? I have one that been ready to hatch for a while, but when the time left got too low I put it in a fansite's ER... it did its job, but my egg still didn't finish hatching, and it now has about the right amount of unique views and clicks as my other dragons(full-grown), and over twice as many views that my Avatar of Creation has. Basically,

Adult Dragons I own= ~2,000-3,000 Views, ~700-800 Unique Views, and 15-20 Clicks;

Adult Avatar of Creation I own = 6,184 Views, 974 Unique Views, and 35 Clicks;

Sunrise Egg = 13,320 Views, 888 Unique Views, 18 Clicks.

It should be sick and even dead, but it isn't! xd.png I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. It's currently fogged because I missed my deadline, but gee... I don't know.

Edited by skwerl56767

Ugh. Must resist... urge... ah forget it.

Skwerl, can I request a favor of you for how your character acts in the RP?

The way you've written her so far makes me feel like she should totally be a frustrated glutton or something like that. Glutton, yes, frustrated, maybe. Comic relief? almost certain.

Et si je n'aime pas des tartes...?

Oh, hey, right, forgot to mention, but would anyone care for a drawing of dragon-them? Though, if there's anything special, like a bandanna around the head or differently-colored *something*, you'll have to mention it.

xd.png Yeah, I definitely think there will be some comic relief there. I've tried my hand out in writing for quite a long time... though I'm not very good at finishing up my books. I really need to get that sorted out. But I've noticed that over the years, my books have been filled with action(like battles and conflict), exploration, communing with strange and unlikely creatures, and plenty of comedy. If you want, I can send you one of my works in progress... that is, if you're interested in that sort of thing. It might help you get an idea on the path some of my characters follow.

As for Blade, she may have some "gluttony" problems for a while, getting used to being a dragon and all of that. Still deciding how she'll react to chocolate. My characters seem to like writing themselves, if that makes any sense; my original intentions might be overridden to go down a path that would be more likely for the character. So I don't know, maybe she'll get a hankering for food. She absolutely loves ham, that's for sure.

For my original intentions, Blade does eat a lot in large amounts, but not often; it's like having two hefty meals per day, sometimes only one. I figured it would be the reaction toward having to eat rations as a guard. Frustration I definitely think will become part of her character, though she's mostly frustrated about herself as "self-discipline". I also need to decide how she'll try and vent this when around other dragons... It might be awkward for a little bit. xd.png

Whew! I write a bit slow! Already another response! xd.png Mm, pie... though thanks about that, I wasn't exactly paying attention when my Sunset hatched so I had no clue. I'll try unfogging my egg before I go to bed and see if I have a Sunrise in the morning... hopefully, I didn't make it explode with the views it received. xd.png

Edited by skwerl56767

Or you might get just an adult-sized hatchling suddenly... that would be funny.

If there were more posts added between Skwerl's last post and mine, I haven't seen them exist yet.

Edit: ok good.

I'm going to make a post tonight and read up on recent RP events, now that I have a little breathing time from school. And maybe draw a bit too. xd.png

Skwerl56767: If you're in the EST/EDT timezone, the window is between 6am and 12pm for Sunrise and 6pm and 12am for Sunset.

rampaging wyvern: You're near the fires? Darn. Hope all is well and remains well where you are.

Fractional Pi Day: I'm imagining my Bleeding Moon dragon to be the size of a really large horse, say about 10 feet or 3 metres. There's a list of size comparisons running around somewhere, but I haven't seen any mention of BMs on it.

Alexander: Sorry for the delays. I'll try to post once a day or at least every second day. If you want to ditch any of my characters, there will be no hard feelings alright? smile.gif

Ok Omen, I had this silly idea to "abandon" you and join Blaze/Skwerl, then run into Lazuli. Maybe the three of us all meet in roughly the same part of the desert? Skwerl's character seems to be on the opposite side of the desert from me, so maybe have Lazuli wander into the middle and Skwerl and I run into Lazuli?

Obviously, Skwerl needs to approve of this before we could do this.

Edit: whoops, Blade, not Blaze.

I'm about to post but I don't knowwww if it will be weird to be a Magi since that's what Neko got turned into D: D: D:

(I know other people don't mind but ehhhhhh maybe i'll go with the royal red after all *headdesks*)