Alexander_Drake

YAAD OOC Thread

Hahaha, we can just take each person's posts and only change to a different person when necessary...

.... Though that requires a lot of jumping around between times, so nevermind that. tongue.gif

Sorry I've been unresponsive!! Hint, I'm religious. XD I'm not very reliable on Sundays it seems.

I don't have the time to do an RP post right now, but I'll do it right when I get on the computer tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I don't have a camera. XD Well... I do, but it's basically my usurping of Skype's profile-picture-snapping function, which uses an imbedded camera in my laptop, so the quality is so bad I couldn't define anything of it anyway... I could always look into investing in an older scanner though that's new enough it has support. My OS is Windows 7, the scanner is an HP Scanjet 4470c; it worked perfectly fine with Windows XP, but the OS update made it incompatible. HP's solution is to install a virtual machine, but if I'm going to basically own XP again, I figured I would do it all the way instead of just for getting my scanner to work.

Though it might end up messy at first, we actually could try compiling the RP into a book-it would be awkward with all of the Point-of-View changes, but we could group them into a mini series, like There would be "You As A Dragon: Alex" and "You As A Dragon: Omen", etc. Each person NPC would be grouped with them as well, and their PoV changes could be grouped by chapter(since you could make a jump with the hiccup a separate chapter provides.) I hope that makes sense... I'm tired. XD

Oh yeah, and my timezone is US & Canada, Mountain Time, so actually two hours behind Dragon Cave Time. It should be pretty easy to calculate it out. Due to school though, I'm only available after 2:00 pm or 2:30 pm.

All right, pillow-face time. Be on tomorrow. XD

Ok, I lied. I will be having one of my male daydreams drop in on Hahnuhadroz and Lumina.

His name is Irupi, and he's a fat chocolate eater, like Lumina. Heck, he's the reason she is so focused on eating chocolate all day. I don't harbor any illusions that Hahnuhadroz will like him. Irupi could be the dragon equivalent of a sumo wrestler. Heck, he falls through smaller clouds because of his immense weight. So yeah. Humor coming at ya in about ten minutes after I post this.

My sister and I tried writing a story together once, since we both wanted a main character, we'd alternate which character got the limelight for the chapter. Worked out pretty good with two characters, worked out okay with four. Didn't try adding more, we were kids and were writing on paper. Keeping track of the notepads and which page went in what order was a royal pain. Not to mention the chicken scratch that was my hand writing.

Irupi's introduction made me laugh, nicely done Alexander. You're right on that part too, she's not too pleased about his appearance.

Well done with your introductions, skwerl56767 and TehUltimateMage, they're fun to read!

I'm on AEDT or GMT +11 time at the moment, once DST ends it'll be AEST or GMT +10. As far as time difference, I'm ahead of Cave time (EST) by sixteen hours. I hate DST, spent twenty years of my life not bothering with it, bit of a pain to adjust after a lifetime of not having to use it. With DST, the sun doesn't set until eight o'clock at night! How is that normal. DX

Sorry for the hiatus, I wasn't quite sure how to write Basii's intro and was character locked by Mouse.

Well, until now. Basii and Empyreal coming up this afternoon, because I don't have WiFi at school per se.

That Irupi Introduction... xd.png

Yeah, Daylight Savings Time is a pain in the absolute behind. And thank you! smile.gif I foresee a very humorous future for YAAD, the way this is going. xd.png

Looking forward to the new introductions, Pyro!

Hey, I has an idea! Maybe, that girl and her Magi are part of some Magi and human organization trying to take over the world or something. Maybe, the organization is trying to spark a war or something between humans and dragons. And maybe, they turn some humans into dragons and some dragons into humans to torture each side AND so they won't fight, so that they can become future slaves and eventually die out or something. How is that?

To what? You? Also, you messed up a bit. Me, Lazuli, and Sandstorm are all miles away, in the middle of the desert. You are on the west side. You couldn't possibly encounter us after what you wrote in your most recent post.

Edited by Alexander_Drake

Uh. Oh....why did I miss that? Ehh, maybe my character flew a while. Dunno, will fix.

Okay Pi. I see what you got. Well, Magi dragons have the atvantages of teleportation and being able to harness mana crystals like a lot of dragons can't. So, if humans ally with Magi dragons, they can become very powerful so, at the least, revolt is very hard. Also, humans don't know how to be dragons. Dragons don't know how to be humans. They would be lost and have no idea on survival. Plus, magis can make humans-into-dragons incapable of Magic and very weak. See what I mean?

Alex, what is the best thing ever?

Plus, magis can make humans-into-dragons incapable of Magic and very weak.

How? Isn't the only thing they're capable of doing just flat out transforming someone?

How? Isn't the only thing they're capable of doing just flat out transforming someone?

Then what is the point of using Mana and making yourself more powerful and doing sick and twisted things?

Then what is the point of using Mana and making yourself more powerful and doing sick and twisted things?

Sorry? I think you phrased this bit wrong.

Well, it's as you said; humans don't know anything about being a dragon and vice versa.

I'm sure that nobody's apitude with magic had changed much, except maybe Mage's, and she stated that she is a Magi, which goes on the magic middle of "Jack of all, master of none" while she herself is more of a war mage back as a human.

Edit: Apparently, Magi are best at spatial magi according to the dragonopedia. I'm pretty sure that falls under "Change" magic, which does seem to be the "In-between" of Creation and Destruction.

For example, Omen crashing into trees and stuff while learning to fly. And Pyro can't fly right now for jack-diddly-squat.

Besides, how did this girl get so many Magi dragons on her side in the first place? Magi dragons are sapient and have their own will. Are so many of them really interested in a world in which everyone else is either dead or a slave? :\

Maybe all of them were hand raised by her, and this was something she had been planning through centuries? She could have bad experiences with both dragons and humans in her past that scarred her so she would seek eradication for the benefit of the world. Maybe back when she was young, not all dragon keepers were the nice kind and had mainly fought each other for power and stuff, with innocents getting caught in the crossfire.

Edited by beiningtian

I was thinking that maybe there was an orginization run by that girl, and yes, maybe all the Magis are hers and people who volunteer ride them. And I thought Magis took power from mana. So if a Magi sucked enough mana, then it could be pretty powerful. And beiningtian has a good point: maybe she has a drive of vengance. And remember: this is an idea I have for us to rp out over time. I don't wanna rush the whole thing. Maybe it seems I do. But this is an over-time thing. Just planning ahead. But, I have a quick idea that I can beef up in actual rp. Not like the characters know.

Just a note: please don't try to squish my ideas flat. It makes me feel like I am treated as an infant.

Oh, did I seem too patronizing? Sorry. And call me Pyro. Really.

Hmm... It doesn't even have to be the entire world. Just Galsreim because it seems that this continent is the main place where dragons dwell. At least, for all we know right now.

@Omen: Give me some of your sun D: It gets dark here before 5pm.

Magi dragons don't have unlimited power potential though. I'd assume they can overdose on Mana shards (it will be implied that Mage HAS felt the effects of magic OD at some point in her life). And even if dragons and humans switched bodies, they would soon learn how to control their new forms -- just like how in real life, people can get used to, say, glasses that flip the world upside-down. (for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perceptual_adaptation )

And to be fair, you did ask "How's that?" tongue.gif

Okay, okay. You guys win. I give up. My ideas are faulty. I get it.