Alexander_Drake

YAAD OOC Thread

ha, ha xd.png

Basically, what we're TRYING to say is the reversal spell might turn dragons that have always been dragons into humans along with dragons that used to be humans back into their original, human selves.

I know, I understood you the first time. But i'm not one for big words like I used to be

Sorry Mouse, it's a force of habit that's grown harder and harder to break the older I get. If I need to rexplain anything just let me know and I'll be happy to do so. smile.gif

So my family is playing musical dates with me, as in, plans are changing more often than I can keep track of. I'll forewarn of any extended absences that I know of in advance, otherwise minor absences will be warned of when it occurs and not before. I know this makes it harder to RP with, but so far every time I've given warning my family decide to do something else. It's a wonder we get anything done at all. Bah, love em all the same regardless of the added inconvenience.

I'm enjoying the Christmas stories too, they're all fantastic!

I know it doesn't matter, but is Laz's name Laz-u-lie or Laz-u-lee?

If that makes any sense.

I guess it depends on which corner of the globe you hail from? None are incorrect in my opinion, but I'm more of a reader than a pronouncer. I also switch between the pronunciations, it's just that awesome of a word. xd.png

Lah-zoo-lee, Laz-ool-ee, Laz-yoo-lie, toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe. Whichever works best for you. happy.gif

But each of them has emphasis on the first part, so Laz is her nickname. As for how Lazuli prefers the name be pronounced, maybe Lah-zoo-lee and Laz-yoo-lie? I like the sounds of those the best. If you prefer another way, I am quite okay with you using them instead.

cool beans bro.

Haha.

I really hope that... ooh wait. "I" will suggest the idea of going to the desert to look for the girl and her magi dragon, and we can run into Laz there?

Sounds good to me, if we can bypass the Alpine Weyr. Rampaging wyvern/Anastasia is due to return there soon once she has enlisted the aid of Tataura, at which one half of the participants will mostly be assembled. If Esko is bringing in more characters, they can join along the way, or he can RP it so they joined while at the Caverns and they just followed at a distance?

Laz is currently wandering the desert picking flowers. She'll probably baulk at seeing a big group of dragons heading towards her. She might make an attempt at getting away. xd.png

hahah. maybe i'll wander off from a heated argument with Omen to avoid certain death and run into her.

She wouldn't have a chance of escaping a group as big as the one being brought together. She'd surely try though, probably end up losing more feathers from being flustered than anything else.

However, the wandering idea would mean she is less likely to attempt to make a run for it. She tolerates small groups and by extension single dragons, well provided they aren't trying to kill her. I like it and Omen will happily oblige on the arguement side of things. cool.gif

Sosrahgol's reaction to Senetso is turning to be a rather large post. D8

oh goodie. Long reads are always nice, but they make mine look insignificant. xd.png I don't really mind.

I'm quite alright with shorter posts (especially since this is freeform RP), but you're also improving as you go which is awesome!

I remember when I started out RPing, I didn't know what I was doing most of the time and things like godmodding, powerplaying and meta gaming were pretty much evident in almost all of my posts (I RPd a Bleach OC and would spar or battle with anyone who stood still long enough to accept it, lol). One of my RP buddies whose first language wasn't English had a far better grasp of how things worked and would always defeat my character in battle because I'd left out enough detail to allow it. I moved on from there to another forum, got a bit better, moved on from there, improved some more. On and off I'd RP or write, and now here I am.

Anyway, improving will happen. It might take some time but it's worth it. Took me what... 7 years to get to this point? Just for the RP sides of things. Something like that. Looking at my old posts makes me want to puke though, those were bad.

Imagine this: *hits [opponent] with a swideways slash* "Hahaha, you can't defeat me!" *leaps out of the way before [opponent] can attack*

But with the grammar of someone who didn't really know what grammar was. Eugh. I need some brain bleach to wipe those recollections from my mind. The funny thing is it took me almost as long to think of that as it takes me to think of 3-4 paragraph replies. xd.png

Enough about me, what I wanted to say was that everyone starts somewhere, and I don't know if your new to RP, but it seems like you aren't. I can't tell how much you've RPd, but the level is certainly better than some people I've seen on other forums who've been at it for a while. happy.gif

Well, I have not RPd before, so thank you, but i have written a LOT of unused bits of story beginnings, so I have had plenty of practice.

Seriously? Wow! I really like how you've written Senetso so far, the way she behaves has given even Sosrahgol a moment of pause. He's going soft. Don't let him know that though, he might just bite an egg out of spite.

Ah, unfinished stories? My speciality. Get about 15-30 pages in and go ahhh... what now? Then scrap it and do something else. Good fun, especially if you mix up the genres, narrative forms (1st, 2nd and 3rd person), or tenses. biggrin.gif

I just realised Sosrahgol hasn't given his name, nor asked for Senetso's. Kinda makes sense, given that he doesn't care for other dragons much. At least Flows had the decency to introduce himself though. xd.png

Ahahahahahahah! True. All true.

Senetso is quite a softie on the inside.

Kreristhan, well, he's soft physically too. Too many things to feed on, even letting the animals live has still made him a bit fat.

*snip*

Ah, unfinished stories? My speciality. Get about 15-30 pages in and go ahhh... what now? Then scrap it and do something else. Good fun, especially if you mix up the genres, narrative forms (1st, 2nd and 3rd person), or tenses. biggrin.gif

*snip*

Me too. Although I've gotten pretty far with the one I'm on now. Finished a whole 3 chapters... Apparently I like magic stories.

Sorry, Pyro, can't help ya. I havent read much of the new characters posts...

Me too. Although I've gotten pretty far with the one I'm on now. Finished a whole 3 chapters... Apparently I like magic stories.

Sorry, Pyro, can't help ya. I havent read much of the new characters posts...

I haven't read much of the new characters posts...

You should.

Well, I finished reading how Alex and Omen decided to leave to the desert... Where is the coast compared to that? If it's kinda close by I can meet ya there...

And has Pyro been with your group yet, or has he been wandering on his own? I read back but that was a while ago and I can't read any more than I already have. Not that it's not intresting, it's just, long posts bore me if it's a bunch in a row. Which is why I havent gotten to reading the new people.

Edited by MyaMouse

Well, the coast is highlighted in Blue on the map when you mouse over the "Coast" link on DC. At the moment, we're at the red dot.

http://tinypic.com/r/5p1wgg/8

... So, close enough? I doubt you'll get Pyro to move, though. She doesn't know that you're like her yet, and you don't seem to want to tell.

I was kinda waiting for you to ask... She's worried about you being a real dragon.

Edit: Well it depends which coast they're on, and if it's the one on the main island, depending on the route they take and their current position, they'll have to cross a small forest, and maybe a few rivers. If not, they'll have to fly. A lot.

Also, currently I'm on mobile, so dont expect long posts.

Edited by MyaMouse