Alexander_Drake

YAAD OOC Thread

Turns out my family is indecisive and we're going tomorrow, not today. :/

Love those forms Mouse, your characters sound awesome.

Alexander, I finished the form for the Moonstone. Gotta wait till I get home to post it though. Can you believe it takes 40minutes to cook hot chips? Neither, but that's the Christmas season for you haha.

I think so? We call chips chips, crisps chips and fries chips. Only the really thin chips are called fries, at takeaway places. xd.png

The ones I'm referring to are served hot as a side usually with derp deep fried (crumbed or battered) fish.

Regarding the RP, I'm stuck on where to introduce Hahnuhadroz to the group. Think maybe at the Alpine Weyr clearing. Or gave Flows coerce her to land while he is scouting. Thoughts?

Edit: This is why I don't type on touch screen devices. >_>

Edited by VampiricOmen

HAHAHAHA! DERP FRIED xd.png

I think Hahnuhadroz should show up near the alpine Weyr, like she fell asleep on a snow cloud or something and ended up there, and we see her outside and we freak out or something, i dunno.

Thanks, guys!

I laughed too. Even with the strikeout. In fact, I think the strikeout made it funnier.

Can someone tell me when and where to come in and who to bump into? Of course, other than the teenager and her Magi.

Speaking of which, I think only Amara will run into her. I might mimic (I think it was) beiningtian's Pyro's idea and make Nekonny think it was Flame helping Flares with a prank.

Edited by MyaMouse

I wasn't going to completely edit that out, even if I hate typos. Too funny to not leave it there. xd.png

Mouse: Pyro has gone for a few posts without other player character interaction, perhaps start there? I think she's somewhere on the coast, certainly near a beach. It is evening now in the RP as well.

That works, thanks Alexander!

It's a stupid phone with a stupid autocorrect system. If I turned autocorrect off though, my typing wouldn't resemble any language known to mankind. That's why I like real keyboards. My old phone had a qwerty keypad... but the service on it was legendary. Would take minutes to load a regular webpage. Quite glad I don't have to put up with that any more, but the touch screen is a pain.

Added the form for the Moonstone, back on whatever page I have all my character sheets on... page 1? Anyway, here: clicky

Her nickname is Laz [:

Forgot to put her appearance though. Will work on that.

Cool, Laz turned out pretty good. I hope some good interactions will happen between her and my character. I'll make sure she starts to lessen in insecurity, just make sure she doesn't tell me that she's part of an, um, what was it, aristocratic family?

OOH! OOH! I found a female moonstone on Omen's scroll named Argentum Lazuli. Is that the one you made the sheet for?

Indeed it is, Alexander. With a lineage like hers, it is no surprise she feels pressured into living up to the family reputation. Argentum is Latin for silver, although I might make that her family name. Not that she'll be mentioning it any time soon... or ever.

I'll be posting Omen's character sheet sometime soonish, within the next week hopefully.

Agh. I was writing a reply to you earlier today in response to your post above one I'm responding to. Wow, that doesn't make a lick of sense. Anyway, sorry I didn't respond yet. xd.png

Hopefully their interaction will be good! If I can keep her in character, things should be fine. I've yet to start working on her introductory post so until then I haven't really got a solid idea on how she'll behave and carry herself. One thing I do know though, is that she'll have insecurity in spades. Probably going to write her starting out as introverted too, since she's a pushover when it comes to stuff noble dragons do. Not that introverts can't be assertive, she just won't be.

*drags self into RolePlay*

Hello. I stayed up last night trying to think of ideas, and even though I come up with my best work when I'm tired as heck, I also get confused a lot. But, hooray for Notepad, I'm alive and I didn't lose half the night's worth of work like that one time...~

Explain to me location please.

Edited by MyaMouse

OK, Omen, do you think it would be too much work if I brought in one of my vampire hatchlings?

Would that be inadvisable because of being bitten by "your" vampires including Sosraghol?

Or would it make him a bit less agro towards us if the vampire hatchling got to meet him one-on-one ahead of time, and the hatchling wasn't exactly a fan of me or my moonstones?

Mouse, check Omen's recap a page or two back for location stuff. It should help.

Edit: check my scroll real quick. There are a few things related to the RP there.

Edited by Alexander_Drake

OK, Omen, do you think it would be too much work if I brought in one of my vampire hatchlings?

It wouldn't be too much work for me, haha. For you, it's up to you how much history you want this hatchling to have. See the next quoted line for more information.

Would that be inadvisable because of being bitten by "your" vampires including Sosraghol?

If anything, this would allow for some really good interaction between characters. I'd say go for it, it adds to the plot to have some tension. I won't write Sosrahgol to be stupidly evil though, he's got motives just the same as that hero who wants to save the world. Well, maybe not the saving the world motive specifically, but he has his reasons for doing things.

It could be said that Sosrahgol turned the egg in one of his previous escapades. Given his desire to seek revenge and retribution, he could have very well bitten the egg of a dragon that had crossed him in one way or another.

Regarding my PM to you, I told you that hatchy (bitten by Sosrahgol), was initially a Blue Banded egg. In addition the egg was bitten at ER stage. You could use that as a plot device, once Sosrahgol bit the egg and left it for dead in his twisted sense of vengeance, it hatched. How the hatchling survived is up to you, whether Alexander found it abandoned and raised it from there or if it managed to pull through on its own despite all the hardship.

If he found it abandoned, perhaps the hatchling's original parents, in their shock and utter heartbreak at finding that their egg had been turned into an abomination, left it behind. Maybe they didn't have it in them to kill the egg, it was/is their offspring after all, but perhaps they just couldn't bear to raise something like a Vampire.

If you'd like, I'm happy to write a bit of backstory by giving Sosrahgol a flashback/recollection to the day that the egg was turned. Sosrahgol isn't completely sane and already hears voices, so it wouldn't that much of a stretch to implement if the memory is particularly important. Maybe the dragons he was enacting revenge upon were particularly high on his hit list.

Or would it make him a bit less agro towards us if the vampire hatchling got to meet him one-on-one ahead of time, and the hatchling wasn't exactly a fan of me or my moonstones?

He is more tolerant towards other undead (he was a lieutenant for the Nightwatch), so an encounter wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. While he is not a dragon I would consider sane, he isn't going to kill everything he comes across.

If the hatchling isn't a fan of Alexander, Lumina and Ludwig; that's one thing they will have in common.

Perhaps the fact that this hatchling, being the first to survive his bite in "decades" (he's one of Omen's first dragons, the fourth to be more specific), would be enough for him to consider the hatchling as a dragon of interest. As for how he recognises the hatchling as one he specifically turned... hmm... scents? Hmm. The hatchling was close to coming out of the egg anyway when he turned it, so maybe it had conscious thought. Maybe the hatchling heard Sosrahgol's rambling (he talks to the voices in his head, after all), and recalls his voice/mind as being the one responsible.

Hah, I was going to discuss a lot of this via PM but this stuff is just spewing out of my head while I'm sitting here. Whatever. xd.png

Explain to me location please.

Alright, I'm not sure how much you know of the RP so far, so I'll explain everything.

Here are the recaps: one and two.

The world this occurs in is Valkemare and the continent we're on is Galsreim. This information is taken from the DC Encyclopedia: http://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/world

Places mentioned thus far:

Alpine

Alpine Weyr

The Alpine Weyr is a large clearing located on top of the largest of the mountains in the Alpine. There are a few trees sparsely located within the clearing, but on the edges it is dominated by an alpine forest. The forest is thick, but not too thick that most Alpine dragons cannot pass through. There are large pieces of rock coming out of the ground here and there in the clearing, a result of tectonic plates pushing the mountain further up from the crust of the world. Nearby there is an entrance to the cave system where Omen used to live. This particular entrance is small however, and dragons larger than human size will have a difficult time getting inside.

The Caverns

On the northern side of the same mountain, lies a cavern and an even larger entrance to the cavern system. It's a labyrinth of sorts, with tunnels leading absolutely everywhere. Omen's dragons occupy a very small part of this area and are only aware of some of the entrances.

Edge of the Mountains

Village - credits to Avarule

Volcano

Cave/Largest Volcano - credits to Avarule

Cave near a Volcano - credits to rampaging wyvern

Coast

Village/Cave - credits to Alexander_Drake

Beach- credits to Pyro

Coastal Fores - credits to rampaging wyvern

I can't really explain areas I didn't write the descriptions for, sorry. D:

Where are you guys now, I mean. I know Pyro's with me, but where's Alex, your main person, and Esko's person?

Ok, new character coming soon to a role play near here.

Omen, let me know if Senetso (that's the random letters of a name that I used for the hatchling) should be an older hatchling which is not yet fully mature, or if a grown up would be good, or if a younger hatchling would be better. also, lol, she grew up overnight, AFTER my idea for adding her, so that's why I am asking this.

Name: Senetso

Breed: Vampire

About:

Senetso is a (Insert Omen's age choice here) Vampire dragon who doesn't like Alex or his moonstone dragons. She is very much a loner, and never even shows her face to Alex or any of his other dragons, except for another, male, Vampire dragon named Kreristhan.

(Kreristhan is my other vampire. I wanted him to be here to help with Senetso's sanity and just make her more open to other living [or rather undead] beings she encounters. He may or may not actually be in the RP save for honorable mention, but he is too important to leave out entirely. I will make a character sheet for him too, just in case.)

Name: Kreristhan

Breed: Vampire

About:

Kreristhan is a (use same age as Senetso) Vampire dragon who doesn't particularly mind being a Vampire dragon, mostly because the wildlife where he lives is so plentiful. His master turned Moonstone, when human, was one of Kreristhan's best buddies, and told Kreristhan a secret: Kreristhan was his personal favorite dragon of the bunch that Alex had hatched. This has led Kreristhan to be a more passive Vampire dragon than most, which Alex is quite glad for.

Ah, derp. Trust me to misinterpret that, haha. We're at the Caverns at the moment, Mouse. The plan is to make our way back to the Apline Weyr once we've collected allies (hint: Esko and Alexander if you would like to add characters that are present around the alpine area, now might be a good time!).

To be more specific, Alexander and his hatchlings, as well as Flows, are in the underground lake the dragons living in the caverns use as a bathing pool.

I'm not sure where Esko and his hatchlings are.

Omen is brooding at the entrance of the Caverns while Oenpelliensis is around the side of the same entrance snoring up a storm (sleeping).

Hahnuhadroz is taking her leisurely time, but she is headed towards the Alpine Weyr/Caverns.

Sosrahgol is in the Volcano habitat, slinking about unnoticed.

PM sent Alexander, hope it gives you some ideas. biggrin.gif

Ok, thanks.

By the way, were Kreristhan and Senetso siblings? as in, were they from the same two dragon parents?

I will write them that way for now, but tell me if they were not.

Thanks, and on a completely unrelated note, I love story #12 from the winter event.

I love stories like that. I feel like I'm gonna cry if I read it again.

Ahem... Back to my post. You ever think that we should do a reverse of this? Where the same girl changes the dragons to humans? I know it's a kind-of thing in How To Be A Human, but that's a 1x1, I want to do something like that with all of us.

lol, that is what will happen after all of the humans turned dragon become human again. it might be that the reversing spell is too effective, and AoE's the other dragons. will be interesting to see how Vampire dragons will react, including myself.

But when will they become humans again? And why do I suspect it'll be as soon as they get comfortable with their new selves? And what does AoE mean?!?!?!

And why am I so bored?

It would be interesting to see all or some of them being reverted to humans, once the reason why they were turned is solved. Omen for one, doesn't like being a dragon. She's going along with it because there isn't any other choice for her at the moment. Best to get on with it rather than wallow in self pity (though she does have the occasional bout of woe is me).

Sosrahgol wouldn't react well at all. He'll be weak and powerless as a human, and thus it's in his best interests to avoid the strange adolescent girl and her Magi. Flows would hate it too. Becoming a lesser being? What an unpleasant thought. Hahnuhadroz might like it, Lazuli too. Oenpelliensis? He knows how to be a dragon, it's all he ever has been. Wouldn't enjoy being a squishy human, but wouldn't whine about it too much if that's the hand he's been dealt. Might try to take out that girl and her Magi though, power shouldn't be thrown around like that, at least that's what he thinks.

AoE is shorthand for Area of Effect. An area of effect spell or attack impacts more than just the person targeted. For example, a single target attack might be a swipe of the claw towards another dragon. An area effect might be a sweep of the tail towards a group of dragons. It has the potential to hit more than one target, while a single swipe from the dragon's claws would be unlikely to hit more than one target.

Welp, see everyone later. I should be back in full swing on the 1st, maybe the 2nd (which would be late on the 31st or 1st for US timezones). Happy New Years!

Edited by VampiricOmen

Gersh dang it, Omen, why do you always overcomplicate things?!?! Your big words are confusing me! huh.gif