TJ09

2014-10-25 - Halloween Event

Thanks for the advice. I'll wait until tomorrow or something to add them back, but I'm not taking any chances, so I'm still keeping them fogged overnight.

Waiting until they hit 3 days is a bit excessive, especially since you only have a limited time to collect these.

Mine got sick initially but now that I only have them on one site they are doing ok. Though to be safe I'm gonna fog them overnight

I now wait up to 12 hours to post on hatcheries, any time. Is usually enough not to have any problems

Just bred all my pumpkins to the AP (except one mateless one--may breed her later). Hope they go to good homes! I don't know if I'll do the rest of my breeding tonight or not. I might laugh.gif

I would get one if I wasn't egglocked...

Good Night to all, and may my sick eggs live to see the morning light... wink.gif

Finished the Halloween story event. I can say one thing, this was the best story yet. I read it out loud as I was working on the event and it seemed to help me a lot. Besides nobody to hear me but the dog lol. I found all 24 items and hope that was all.

I have 21 of the 37 trick or treat items.

I have not bred any of my past Halloween Dragons. My first year, I only got 1 pumpkin dragon, but all the rest of the years I have at least two or more. So if anybody wants one (except for the pumpkin one), I'll breed them, just let pm me (first come first served).

About 2 weeks ago, I would put my eggs into a nursing site and after about 2 hrs or a little less, take them out for a while then back in again... once in a while I's get a 'sick' egg and have to hide it for a bit. Just this last week, I had 4 eggs get sick! All within 5 to 15 minutes!!! It had gotten ridiculous!

Just... don't put eggs into ANY CLICK SITES unless they're at 4/3 days.

At that point, there is NO chance of them dying unless they get hella

clicks. Which doesn't usually happen.

DON'T GRAB AND NURSE, GUYS. Too many eggs have been killed that way...

Agreed.

I usually wait until my eggs hit the 4 day mark. I learned that a loooong time ago when I put my eggs on too many click websites when they weren't even close to 4 days. Even though my eggs didn't die, they got sick quickly.

I usually wait 24-36 hours to post new eggs to click sites...sometimes longer if it's a holiday (and therefore more activity on those sites in general...encyclopedia not withstanding), usually they're fine. Just to be safe, I think I will steer clear of EAtW completely for now...I've gotten some sickness in conjunction with posting eggs to that site before, and while it usually isn't a problem, I don't want to risk it now, with the increased activity.

I do wish there were either more egg slots for the duration of the holiday...or that breeding started sooner...I have to keep two slots open at all times so I can get at least two of the new halloween eggs on Halloween...which leaves only 5 available for previous years...and those five are already full. xd.png Which makes it hard for me to keep some of the offspring from my previous Hal' dragons.

I have already bred all but one (waiting for more eggslots to open so I can keep one) of my pumpkins to the AP...whoever got them, congrats. I hope they went to good homes. smile.gif

Waiting until they hit 3 days is a bit excessive, especially since you only have a limited time to collect these.

Not... not really?

4d xh is '4d'

3d xh is '3d'

which includes 3d 23h, which is an hour or less than 4d 0h.

I tend to wait for 3d on my more sensitive ones [read; rare metals, prizes, holidays], keeping them fogged during ALL of the rest of the time :U

Not... not really?

4d xh is '4d'

3d xh is '3d'

I tend to wait for 3d on my more sensitive ones [read; rare metals, prizes, holidays], keeping them fogged during ALL of the rest of the time :U

Yeah, same. If I ever get anything remotely valuable/special, it's not goin' anywhere.

I throw other eggs into click sites at 5 days xd.png

I have to admit to being a little confused by the haunted carnival story. What was the chaos dragon at the end?

There is no chaos dragon. Actually I thought we took out any reference to any non-existing dragons but I must have missed some. Sorry. I wanted a good villain for the story but we decided not to have any non-existing types referred to. So, move along. No chaos dragons here. Nothing to see. Nope. None in existence anywhere.

Not... not really?

4d xh is '4d'

3d xh is '3d'

I generally just toss my eggs (rares included) into one fansite when they hit under 6d12h, and ramp up to 4 sites as they get older. Haven't had an egg die of sickness yet, and it usually lets me incuhatch avatar/prize eggs. smile.gif

I always leave them overnight, and the eggs do just fine. Did that with the five halloween dragons I picked up last night, and they seem to be doing okay. I've been checking up on them compulsively all day though, just in case.

I must admit than I'm a bit disappointed that the new dragons will drop for 24 hours only. I expected them to drop for three days (like on Christmas and Valentine's Day), ...

But Christmas and Valentine's Day are only one day as well, aren't they?

Yeah but with Halloween dragons, it's more of a hoarding there whereas with Christmas/V-Day dragons, you can only get 2 of each.

Christmas is usually a three-day drop. Even though Halloween is a one-day drop, it's the only dragon breed that's dropping.

I think that for all the recent Christmases and all the Valentine's Days, I've been on hiatus . . . blink.gif *sweatdrop*

I have 20 Trick or Treat items now! biggrin.gif

Edited by tanglepelt3