Mysfytt

Zombies - which dragon type do you choose

Whatever dies. My first zombie was a lineaged Waterwalker, think my second was a CB Hellfire, my third ... an Olive or Grey, or something. Haven't really been trying very hard for zombies these past few years though, so I have no idea what or when my next will be.

For hatchlings, whatever I can catch that is CB.  I know some object to having their dragon's children killed, so I try to avoid it.  Also, if it is messy, and it is revived instead of dies, it will immediately grow up, iirc.

If a hatchling dies and gets revived, it just stays a hatchling. If it died from sickness / overviewing, it might actually mature with the next view it gets. If it died from lack of stats, it's likely to die again right after - permanently this time. If it turns zombie, it gets insta-frozen.

Well, I would prefer a messy lineaged dragon for zombie creation, then kill the parents actually. The breed should be very common. Like the Swiftail for example. Or the Neotropical. sad.gif I feel sad for killing them though.

I already have a full set of zombies, so I won't try for new these years.

But all the dragons I killed were CB, caught to become zombies and which never bred. Some stupid mania not to kill dragons with a family.

This year, I'm going to try for two hatchies. But, more importantly, I really want a zombie checker. None worked last year but that isn't stopping me from trying again. I have one zombie in the project already but its tricky to get the rest to cooperate.

Last year's successful zombies included two Soulpeaces, a Purple, a Bleeding Moon, a Spitfire, a Nocturne, and a White.

This year I have a collection of fails, frozen hatchlings, and CB misclicks to attempt to zombify. By the time I'm done my fodder list will total 20 dragons, in case of dodgers and actual deaths.

Whatever happens to be blocking the cave or abandon page is handy. Mostly caveborn. Balloons are normally in the mix.

This year, I'm going to get 8 dragons at least for zombie fodder. All are going to be CB commons, 2 S1s, 2 S2s, and 4 adults.

I already have a Ridgewing, a Blacktip, a Grey, and a Spitfire lined up. I'll freeze or let time out the hatchlings and kill the adults.

EDIT: For the zombie hatchlings: Neotropical, Skywing, Sunstone, and Turpentine.

Edited by Meg_752

I use only Waverunners...that way they all stay in the same place on my scroll wink.gif

I typically do inbred Splits. They're frightfully common and now that we have a plethora of two-headed breeds, have no excuses to be. So I take 'em out of the gene pool and cast them forth to shamble the earth. Kyahahaha! smile.gif

In past years I've also Zombified annoyingly common dragons, especially when they got in the way of a dragon I wanted! This time of year, I earmark misclicks for Zombification.

I use white striped dragons for my zombie attempts. My intended 'victims' are already named and numbered as fodder (I'll give them zombie names if I successfully revive them). I have been collecting white stripes from the AP over the last few years, and don't care what their lineage is.

Last year I put a lot of effort in letting lots of hatchies die naturally, by fogging and not getting enough views (to keep my kill slots open for adults). It was so time-consuming keeping track of when their time of death would be, that I'm not doing it again this year.

Instead, I'm just going to use the kill slots for gendered frozen hatchie and adult zombie attempts.

Ill be attempting Zombies with CB Flamingos. Theyre kinda ugly and plentiful. Ill be trying to get a full CB set of each stage and possibly gender. Like all of my CB dragons, theyll have a last name. All of them will likely have the same last name. Now then Zombie Checkers sound pretty awesome! I may attempt that with Flamingos as well. Just having a different mate. (Cackles! ITS ALIVE!)

I'm only zombie-fying CB Adults this time and only those with similar body types to zombies.

I don't actually go for any breed in particular, but the adult and hatchling on my scroll were both Blacks.

I'd go for more this year... buuuut I'm on a gifting list, so I can't.

So far I only have one. After killing like 8 dragons and only getting one to turn, I stopped. The one I do have was a bred Speckle-Throated Dragon. This year I'm snagging things from the AP, and I have an abundance of Frostbites so I may use a few of those. I don't want too many--just a couple of adults and a few hatchlings smile.gif

I'm going to use CB Albinos and Balloons, just because they're near the top of my scroll and pretty plentiful. I've never tried to get a zombie before in all these years so hopefully I get lucky lol.

My two Zombies were both made from Horse Dragons (just because I have tons of these)

Debating if I want to try for the hatchlings this year (or at least, one hatching)

I only use CBs for my zombie fodder and only adults without children. Other than that, I'm not overly picky about the breed. Typically, I just snag low time commons out of the AP for hatchlings and find some spare adults on my scroll (typically ones that have annoyed me by refusing their mates).

My last tries were Vampires since I'd only really gotten them because of the hype at the time even though I generally dislike vampires in general but my scroll is free of them now so I'll have to find something else c':

Thanks for the idea, pretty much the same here - I collected them because of the hype and because I had such a hard time getting my first one from the AP, and now they actually annoy me in the BSA list (my scroll is sorted by breed and inversed, so vampires show up first in the BSA list and I have to scroll past them to get to my reds). I guess I'll get some of the messier vampires off my scroll this Halloween biggrin.gif

I usually go for any old CB in the AP, though I will be honest I am going to be trying a few I caught that have nice lineages as I do like them with lineages. I also take the view that if it is on the AP, I am allowed to do with it as I please *shrugs*

I am however careful not to kill dragons that have offspring on other people's scrolls, as I know how annoying it is to have a nice lineage ruined by a zombie attempt dry.gif

I'll be using CB Daydreams for a lineage this year

http://dragcave.net/lineage/xJQHM this boy's mother will be one of my attempts, I have 14 daydreams just in case of fighters.

http://dragcave.net/view/W0egm IAmThatIs is my only success from last year, I cant remember what he was

I just did that Ruby Eyes and he falls between the Swallowtails and the Gold-horned Tangars, so he was one or the other

Edited by InugamiZERO

I'll be using CB Daydreams for a lineage this year

http://dragcave.net/lineage/xJQHM this boy's mother will be one of my attempts, I have 14 daydreams just in case of fighters.

http://dragcave.net/view/W0egm IAmThatIs is my only success from last year, I cant remember what he was

You can use temporary sort by breed to find which breed he was.

Bwahahaha - I have an entire section of my scroll that's just for this marvelous season. Last bit - all sorts of alt failures, messies that I don't want, stuff I ran out of uses for, and general zombie bait. smile.gif

I can't wait to let the sprite-slaughtering commence!

Updating to comment that several of my zombie attempts will be gold wyverns this year as I found them in the AP. I'll hopefully have a lot of little baby zombies this year. They are my favorite sprite.