Mysfytt

Zombies - which dragon type do you choose

user posted imageGrrr - Aarggg! user posted image

It's coming up to Zombie season again, so I was wondering which dragon breeds do you set aside for killing and why?

Personally I really only want a complete set, S1, s2m/f and adult m/f, working on the adults so I am setting aside 5 adults to kill this year in hopes one will turn. Last year I had none.

Breed - well I use the ones I really don't like...so poor purple dorsals and olives get the chop.

I don't have a system other than that so don't know if any breeds are more likely to turn than others.

I have a gen two neotropical with zombie parents. (Jerry Garcia and The Ungrateful Dead) I keep trying to make a mate but no success...I really want another neo. But the parents wont cooperate and zombify.

Edited by ainisarie

I'm using Swallowtails this year, simply because when this topic reminded me that I really ought to catch some zombiefodder, they were the first caveblocker I stumbled across.

I just use spare dragons , unless they do not cooperate. If nothing works, I feel challenged and determined to get at least one from any breed.

I use messy dragons on my scroll and frozen hatchlings that have overstayed their welcome.

Usually a vine or black since I have lots of those Last year I wanted an unknown gender so I bit a cheese. I'm not sure I'll even try for more this year or not.

I specifically bred this 3rd gen: http://dragcave.net/lineage/zs8Xj to try and make the 2nd gens into zombies. I thought the poses would match (when the zombies actually show, that is). I went with Brutes after the Greenwing/Olive checker didn't quite work out, with regards to eggs. I tried those first because they do look quite sick to me anyway, not too far from decaying already.

I specifically bred this 3rd gen: http://dragcave.net/lineage/zs8Xj to try and make the 2nd gens into zombies. I thought the poses would match (when the zombies actually show, that is). I went with Brutes after the Greenwing/Olive checker didn't quite work out, with regards to eggs. I tried those first because they do look quite sick to me anyway, not too far from decaying already.

Just remember that if they fail to turn, you'll lose those names completely. Ask me how I know. dry.gif (Yeah, I totally tried to Zombify CB Silvers last year.)

I don't usually choose on the basis of breed, though - I like unbreedables with interesting lineages, so she's a candidate and so is her full brother. I tried to Zombify offspring from that lineage last year and they both failed. Not sure what else I'll try to Zombify this year, but I might see if I can squeak in a breeding of Luckiest Catch with a suitable candidate; last year I got this and got a successful Zombie, but I'd like to see if I can breed a shiny with a Zombie dad too. smile.gif

ETA: The one thing I do try to be sure about is not using dragons with offspring on other peoples' scrolls.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

ETA:  The one thing I do try to be sure about is not using dragons with offspring on other peoples' scrolls.

Yes, me too. Likewise, I try not to zombifiy children of other people's dragons, unless the parents are already dead, too (like Undeceased where I noticed last year that his parents had apparently been killed since I got him. Will try this year with her as a companion for him.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Yes, me too. Likewise, I try not to zombifiy children of other people's dragons, unless the parents are already dead, too (like Undeceased where I noticed last year that his parents had apparently been killed since I got him. Will try this year with her as a companion for him.)

Oh yeah. If they're not CB or I didn't breed them, they're not a victim. smile.gif (I love Undeceased! xd.png)

I think I used water walkers and albinos for zombie fodder back in 2009. I should really think about reserving more zombie fodder for this Halloween...

I'll try for my first zombies this year. I'll use 3rd gen "pb" soulpeaces - because the thought of a zombie with soulpeace parents amuses me xd.png

This will be my first year trying and I'm going to use Balloon dragons simply because I hate them with a passion. I will be using five and I got them/getting them from the AP.

I just use spare dragons with messy lines. Doesn't matter what breed. I actually have a Silver set aside because otherwise I'd just release her. Don't have any plans for collecting zombies at the moment, just gonna kill and revive the dragons I'd normally release.

My last tries were Vampires since I'd only really gotten them because of the hype at the time even though I generally dislike vampires in general but my scroll is free of them now so I'll have to find something else c':

I'm tempted to use some of my accidental adults that I meant to freeze as S2s but didn't quite catch in time (including a bronze Tinsel...), as well as some of my super messy inbreds. I don't mind inbreds but messy+inbred, hopefully no one else will care at that point.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Usually flamingos. Easy to find low time CBs in the AP, they aren't the prettiest dragon to me, and their creator said they're kind of nasty so I don't feel bad stabbing them xd.png

@Mystique: Neglecteds and zombies are very different things. To get a zombie, kill a dragon within two weeks of Halloween, then revive it on Halloween. Sometimes a zombie will result.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

i tend to just zombify what ever i have a large amount of so its blacks usually since i hoard those xd.png

For hatchlings, whatever I can catch that is CB. I know some object to having their dragon's children killed, so I try to avoid it. Also, if it is messy, and it is revived instead of dies, it will immediately grow up, iirc. I would rather not have more messy adults, and I don't like releasing things.

For adults, whatever I feel like. Mostly extras from breeds I have too many of, but nothing I am actively trying to hoard. I will also make sure it grew up in 2014, I don't remember who was killed and revived before, and I don't want to take the chance of wasting one of the few kill slots I have.

Last year I used CBs. This year I am zombifying extra lineages like a 8g PB EG White I have. Also replaceable dragons that refused their partners. tongue.gif Those will be killed through "Kill" action. CB hatchies will just die from time. :3

I'm trying to use destruction-aligned species so I can breed Avatars of Destruction and hopefully zombify their parents. I'm also trying to make a black arrowhead with zombies, but it's not going well and I don't think I'll be able to get it done in time (the blacks are being stubborn).

I'm abandoning the fails, but they were caught particularly to be zombie fodder and they have zombie-related names (like I wanna be a zombie, Zombiefest, Zombifycation, and ZOMBIE YEAH) in hopes that the people who get the abandoned offspring notice them and understand that the parents will be zombie attempts.

I'm using CB Stone dragons. I have a backlog of dragons from last year I can use as zombie fodder; I'm hoping to get at least one success this year.

I just go to the AP and keep fishing until I get something CB. I stay away from rates and such, but the type of dragon really isn't important to me. I failed six attempts last year, though, so I'm hoping to do better this time around. Maybe time it so I can try twelve times.