TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

To celebrate me managing to complete some more holiday lineages I started a while ago, I bred the rest of my completed lineages. The end result -- a bunch of 3Gs (and one 4G) of various breeds sent straight to the AP, including a Magelight/Pipio-checker, a non-hybrid Daydream/White-checker, a Nexus/Bauta checker, and some holiday checkers. Enjoy! :)

The AP seems to be home to bumblebees today, judging by the colours.

Stinky wall best wall. I also bred some of my mini armies yesterday (and the day before); they'll show up in a couple of days.

Whoever bred all of these prize checker kins... I want moar, every week! I need more space for them all ❤️ 

Spam-bred a bunch of my Reds to get me the last shards I needed to buy a market Gold. A good number of them are messy, but there's some 2Gs and others in the mix too. :)

Obviously, help out our fellow players by breeding some Light Element Based dragons. If you can make it a nice line on top of that, they are more likely to keep it from beyond the raffle. This is also a great time to pick up some of these as CBs from the Biomes/Caves too as you can either gift them via forums, privately, or drop to AP for very happy people to find and build their CB armies!

Also some of those Light dragons are very new, very interesting, some of BSAs, some can alt variations, some are well regarded and used in lineages, some can produce hybrids, so there is a lot of options you already have lying around to help meet your goals, so consider help bringing some of that Light into the lives of others.

We've mentioned a lot of other cool themes prior you can do if you start running out of ideas to keep that AP time below 5 days. So there is plenty to do, just don't neglect this part too!

I was inspired to massbreed some Monarchs to help out @Suzumiya, tried out some new lineage ideas on the side. I'm surprised I actually got two non-Monarchs from all the pairings I tried, but then again they were relatively new-ish breeds so that might explain. :D All in all, sent 10 eggs into the AP, almost all of them 2G.

33 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

I was inspired to massbreed some Monarchs to help out @Suzumiya, tried out some new lineage ideas on the side. I'm surprised I actually got two non-Monarchs from all the pairings I tried, but then again they were relatively new-ish breeds so that might explain. :D All in all, sent 10 eggs into the AP, almost all of them 2G.

Awesome! And two non-Monarchs is a feat, truly. My Monarchs have been breeding ONLY other Monarchs for weeks now. I need a 2G Black Tea and a 2G Monarch (like in my sig) to actually GIVE ME A BLACK TEA! Why is the ratio so messed up!? I just keep hoarding 2Gs to try again and again, only to get Monarchs every time. I keep most of them, but sometimes...ugh, I just get frustrated and abandon it. 

@Suzumiya Yeah, Monarchs are very pretty and all, but their ratios are a bit F'd up right now. :blink: Will definitely breed them again next week, I found some absolutely amazing combinations in that mass breeding session. Here's to hoping that next time you'll get the Black Tea you want from that pairing. I know it took me an absurdly long time to get a Nebula from this guy to finish a little lineage project of mine, I know how it feels to repeatedly fail to get the egg you need time and time again. Good thing his son was MUCH nicer with his mate.

12 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

@Suzumiya Yeah, Monarchs are very pretty and all, but their ratios are a bit F'd up right now. :blink: Will definitely breed them again next week, I found some absolutely amazing combinations in that mass breeding session. Here's to hoping that next time you'll get the Black Tea you want from that pairing. I know it took me an absurdly long time to get a Nebula from this guy to finish a little lineage project of mine, I know how it feels to repeatedly fail to get the egg you need time and time again. Good thing his son was MUCH nicer with his mate.

I'm trying a Nebula project IF I ever get that Black Tea egg I need to finish my Tea/Monarch lineage. I can't imagine how troublesome that will be, though. Worrying about not only wrong breed, but a possible wrong color! At least Dorsals and Ridgewings tell you their color before hatching! And Gemshards tell you as soon as they hatch. Nebulas...you have to keep them until they gender, and by then...I just can't abandon a gendered hatchie. I try trading for a color swap, but most people won't do it, especially if you try to trade a blue for a red or something.

13 minutes ago, HeartJacker13 said:

I also have some Monarch lineages I can throw into the mix :)

Do it! Even if I don't need that specific lineage, I started to love Monarchs just for being adorable, and I can't pass up pretty butterfly babies. That's why I chose Black Tea/Monarch in the first place. Black Teas like to chase butterflies. Monarchs are butterfly dragons. So...Black Teas will chase THESE butterflies in a different way. XD

My stripe mass breed disappeared pretty fast. I guess colored PB stripes were popular at low time. I didn't get many pure white 2G Stripes...most were actually black and red. Thinking of doing all my BSA dragons next. That's around 300 total, counting Ward, Earthquake, Expunge, Bite (yes, I'm going to be biting a FEW messy eggs bred by myself to try and get some vampires out there), and both types of summon (Trios/Zyus). 

19 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

I'm trying a Nebula project IF I ever get that Black Tea egg I need to finish my Tea/Monarch lineage. I can't imagine how troublesome that will be, though. Worrying about not only wrong breed, but a possible wrong color! At least Dorsals and Ridgewings tell you their color before hatching! And Gemshards tell you as soon as they hatch. Nebulas...you have to keep them until they gender, and by then...I just can't abandon a gendered hatchie. I try trading for a color swap, but most people won't do it, especially if you try to trade a blue for a red or something.

It's not really thread relevant but just so you know (and can save a little time):

Ungendered Nebulas will always sort with their colour group (purple/blue OR green/red) during a temporary breed sort -> that means if you have influenced it you will be able to know exactly what it will turn into as soon as it hatches ;)

Just let it hatch, choose "breed" in the drop down menu at the top of your scroll and check which colour group it sorts with.

Just now, Soulsborne said:

It's not really thread relevant but just so you know (and can save a little time):

Ungendered Nebulas will always sort with their colour group (purple/blue OR green/red) during a temporary breed sort -> that means if you have influenced it you will be able to know exactly what it will turn into as soon as it hatches ;)

Just let it hatch, choose "breed" in the drop down menu at the top of your scroll and check which colour group it sorts with.

HOLY....er...CRAP! You just saved me a crap-ton of time. I had NO IDEA about this. Thank you.

Just now, Suzumiya said:

HOLY....er...CRAP! You just saved me a crap-ton of time. I had NO IDEA about this. Thank you.

You're welcome :D I've been doing a lot of Nebula lineages lately (and planning even more) so this is one of the most valuable bits of knowledge you can have... and sharing is caring, of course!

I don't feel like posting much this weekend. But the AP is over 5 days, so it is something to consider if you feel inclined. Remember the Light Element Themed for the Raffle to help out others, and it is always nice to breed nice things.

19 hours ago, Natayah said:

I don't feel like posting much this weekend. But the AP is over 5 days, so it is something to consider if you feel inclined. Remember the Light Element Themed for the Raffle to help out others, and it is always nice to breed nice things.

Good idea, I'm gonna breed all of the Light Elemental dragons! If anyone else wants to join, I am going by this list on the Fandom page. :)

Swallowtails and Scimitarwings are my current nemesis breeds, if anyone would like to add some of those XD

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Swallowtails and Scimitarwings are my current nemesis breeds, if anyone would like to add some of those XD

I don't have many, but sure. As pairs or just randomly in general?

My 379 Xenos have almost all cooled down and can breed again...maybe I should dump more Xenos in the AP again.

As long as they drop eggs of those 2 breeds, I don't care much XD I'm trying to get something else out of 3 specific pairs of mine, but all I get is Swallowtails out of 2 of them for about 20 months, and nothing but Scimitarwings from the 3rd for 15 months ...

Bred all my Light Elemental breeds, CB's & checkers & stairs.  Sent 100 assorted to the AP last night, & another 100 assorted tonight.  Couple of nice surprises, but no real messies. *tired now*

I bred something like 60-70 guardian pairs today and most of them produced an egg.  At least they are "light" oriented so they'll count towards the raffle this month.  😋  All of them are even gen PB guardians 6th gen or higher and none in the same generation are related so people could have fun breeding.

Undines, please. I don't even see them anymore in the AP and mine never produce any alts. I'm three away from my goal *cries*

12 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Undines, please. I don't even see them anymore in the AP and mine never produce any alts. I'm three away from my goal *cries*

I have buttloads of Undines. What kind do you need? PB undines? CB undine x random mate? 

My Xeno army has all cooled down...if anyone is in need of a certain type of noodle before I send the entire noodle family to the AP.