TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

I did a breed of all my Albino's- probably not enough to wall, but there should be some nice dragons in there for people!

Posted (edited)

I bred my magelights again. Pls enjoy.

edit - they’ve arrived

1613B2FD-866D-4AF9-B0DF-B5F3E1A3454A.jpeg

Edited by Marrionetta
Adding photo!

Is there a thread somewhere where people coordinate breeding one type of egg to achieve this? 

I really don't understand how and why this happens. How is this fun? And why is it always nocturnes. 

9 minutes ago, Autopilot said:

I really don't understand how and why this happens. How is this fun? And why is it always nocturnes. 

1. It helps the ratios: by breeding lots of the same common, they become less common and it's easier to breed other things from them.

2. There are some really good lineages in there sometimes, from 2Gs to purebreds to checkers.

3. It helps people who like that breed collect them.

It isn't always Nocturnes. There was a Brimstone wall last night.

That Magelight pygmy wall was beautiful, the AP looks so different when it's totally overtaken with pygmy eggs! Don't see that happen very often. 

Posted (edited)

All of these popped up in the last two weeks. They're really going at it this time. Fun to see though. And that's just when I've been on. 

Screenshot_20190718-195754.png

Screenshot_20190718-014029.png

Screenshot_20190710-200632.png

Screenshot_20190705-122136.png

Edited by Trystenjade

I think the person who massbreeds nocturnes takes time to enter all the babies into hatcheries! I was surprised to find out the egg I picked from the latest wall has gained 2K views since this morning. It was definitely not my doing since I only use 1 hatchery site. 

I'm planning on trying to wall the AP with Spirit Wards tonight. Anyone who wants to play too is welcome.

So I have an idea I want to try, if this may work I might have to coordinate.

You may have heard of the event "Storming Area 51." But has anyone made "Storming AP (51)"? I'd like to see what would happen if on one single day, all breeders, massbreeders of a single breed or just breeding the whole scroll away, can wreck the AP times or not.

AP Storm sounds more interesting than AP Wall (because it wouldn't be all the same breed), and it would have the same effect on the AP time, so why not!  :)  Even if some people bred their one-breed armies on that day, their walls would be intermixed with whatever everybody else was breeding. Let's just hope we don't accidentally make AP eggs uninfluenceable.

Regardless of what is (or was) going on with "the void", I do not like AP times over 5 days. Grr!

I'm breeding my "breed for AP" group and the PB Tidals, switching between the groups so the Tidals don't make a boring wall for those who don't like them. After all, we don't need one-breed walls to bring the AP time down, we just need eggs to go into the AP faster than they are taken out of the AP. Ideally, we get that by having fifty thousand 2nd gen Prizes and SA-kin in there. :P  I can't exactly help with that, but I'm trying to breed lots of interesting commons and uncommons (and sometimes rares when the metallic checkers feel like it).

Fight the unincuhatchability monster!  ;)

I was inspired by @Fly-by-Night to do a mini-mass breed of Freckled dragons. I call it a mini-mass breed because I don't even have a lot of Freckles on my scroll, but all in all I sent around eight 2G Freckled eggs into the AP and one Melismor, and had a small handful of no eggs or no interests happen.

2 hours ago, Sazandora said:

I was inspired by @Fly-by-Night to do a mini-mass breed of Freckled dragons.

Yay! ^_^ Thank you, every egg helps!

Posted (edited)

May I request any kind souls to breed a few diamondwings or ashes to the ap to help some lineages along?

Edited by Shadowdrake

If I, or someone, creates a thread that gives you all a place to organize and/or announce your intentions of breeding particular types of dragons on a particular day, and wanting others to join in if they wish (it would be more like encouraging others, or else if you are going to be doing something on a larger scale or want to do a theme, etc.),  I consider this a sort of Player Event, and would like there to be a thread where people can post this stuff and not in a thread where others can then voice their opposition to organized breeding events (or support for them, the point of the thread would be more geared towards *NOT* doing things like mass breeding horrific inbred dragons for no reason and no purpose to specifically upset people, for example, although you are free to play how you want to play, as a "Player Event" the idea is at some level, it should have far more benefit to the Player Community than detriment, I can give a list of things later that make that very easy, a short list) - Anyway, with that Pre-Amble .... Would any of you use it??? I've asked about this before in the Player Events Thread but unless I put up a poll, even then, people don't often go there to discuss the idea of a Breeding Event unless they want feedback from the people who use that thread. I know there are a lot of you who really like this thread, and it seems the best place for those organizations for now.

I would like there to be a thread dedicated solely to it that does NOT allow people to argue the merits or non-merits of larger scale breeding of any type. It is merely to organize and/or announce and/or brainstorm and/or gather a group to make a breeding "event", no matter how big or small it ends up being. A way to test the waters before you start your own thread (that can be really scary), or not have to worry about starting your own thread at all if you don't feel like it and it isn't something you want to make giant or require lots of work on your end. Or whatever.

So would something like this be used? You can respond here, you can respond in the Player Events thread, and if people will use it, I will create it. Unless someone is really passionate about ongoing spearheading this sort of thread and wants to do it themselves (I will never steal your thunder because I do plenty of stuff as it is, so if this sort of thread and keeping an eye on it and helping encourage others to participate in it, keep it on track and whatever sounds fun to you, I mean, you can just do it, but if you want some advice, feel free to PM me, or post in the Player Activity thread about it and some really smart people will give you some good feedback. Feel free to get feedback here).

I got the migraine doctor on Thursday, and yes, they are doing better. I want to wait until after the doctor's visit before I update my profile and signature, but if you want to PM me about anything related to this or ANY player event, please post it in the thread or send me a PM. Post it in the thread if you can, but I understand the need for a personal conversation or advice or whatever rather than broadcasting your thoughts to the world and feeling dumb about it.

I just have less inhibitions about doing that. I just try not to be negative when I do it. But I don't mind looking goofy! But any thoughts on anything I've posted and if it goes off topic, but relates to Player Activities somehow, you can post it where you feel it best fits.

And if you hate this idea, the entire reason I want to do this is to avoid the very things you hate. So please don't. I have nothing but good intentions and good actions, my results record is pretty darn good, and pretty darn positive. People who are into this kind of thing are not the people you are having the issues with. Let's not get testy over something that is going to benefit everyone and not create whatever you don't like with Mass Breedings. I cannot speak for anything designed outside of this potential thread. People gonna bread. That's why I avoid carbs and sugars like the plague!!!

Posted (edited)

Edit: ^you beat me to the punch lol.

@Natayah please make a thread, i would definitely use it! The most caveborns i have of a particular breed is Blacks, but This sounds fun!

It would be epic if we could use a thread to post breeding pairs we’d like to see mass bred to the AP and then breeders could post what they breed so we can speedily create lineages (thats my dream, because lineages take so long to make when dealing with 7 day old eggs). For example, Im almost egg locked with eggs I bred today for my various lineage projects :( 

Edited by emetib92

Posted (edited)

Yes, we can do that, but just so you know, there are at least 3-4 Gifting Threads that will specifically breed you an EXACT thing of whatever you want. And Holidaykin Breeding Events are coming up very shortly too, so keep an eye out for those. So feel free to post them, but if you are not familiar with those gifting threads, here are a few to get you started. If I missed any (and this goes for anyone), please PM me so I can add them to my resource list. That said.... There is real value in breeding certain breeds together because people want to make checkers, collect 2Gs, and sometimes only one, and rarely the other shows up, or its fun to find pretty lineages. That would be some of the points of events like these.

Specific Lineage Gifting Threads:

Special Release Offspring Gifting - Gifting and requesting for bred in-Cave dragons (Especially Holidays) excluding 2nd gen metallics (Golds, Silvers, and Prizes), including Very Specific Lines often Harder to Find via Normal Gifting

The Breeding, Gifting Thread - Just list what kind of dragon you want (lineages can be very specific), and requests usually filled quickly.

Even Gen Gifting - Even Gens Only. You can trade, make requests for assistance, and post gifts (including opening breeding requests and lists) and teleports.

Complete Scroll / Wish List - The King of all Wish Lists Threads. From Wishes to Goals to Dreams, & Most people will link their WishLists in their Sig to their post in this Thread. Great Place to Find Specific Gifting Inspiration!

Checker Database: Where everyone can add their checker lineages to a single database to make swapping, trading, and gifting easier for all.

But this is always a good place to ask until we get something else set up, and it is still a good place to ask, it doesn't hurt to post the same thing in multiple places as long as you are not spamming and it is on topic. The only thread that I know of that allows "advertising" of other threads is the Player Events Thread, as that is why it set up, but it is more like a calendar/reminder/FYI than just randomly spamming. I hope that answer isn't off topic because you can still breed it, but know there are lots of other places that are great resources too!

Edited by Natayah

I would definitely use something like that Natayah. I have been considering doing one for Moonstones once I have enough and think that it is a great way for people who enjoy collecting certain lineages bred to the AP to know about it.

3 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

May I request any kind souls to breed a few diamondwings or ashes to the ap to help some lineages along?

Just sent 6 Ash and 11 Diamondwings to the AP. Not much, but all I could manage.

I am egg-locked, so if anyone else wants anything in particular bred for the AP, let me know. Otherwise I will just breed some random stuff to fight boredom until some of my eggs hatch and I can breed what I need for myself. XD Might even breed a small wall of Splits if no one stops me!

Posted (edited)

@purplehaze well if you have any cb Spiritwards, or Monarchs sitting around, Id be extremely grateful if you bred those. They seem to be under appreciated. I hardly see them sadly.

@Sunrunner awesome, thanks! 🥰

Edited by emetib92

Posted (edited)

Sent what Freckled, Diamondwings, & Ash to the AP that I have.

I'll do Spirit Wards & Monarchs, too @emetib92, & @purplehaze, could you add on any Aethers you've got sitting around gathering dust ^_^?

EDIT: DONE!  A surprising number of Spirit Wards but hardly any Monarchs.  Several refusals from them, too.  Are Monarch ratios semi-balanced or is it just me :huh:?

Edited by Sunrunner

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, emetib92 said:

@purplehaze well if you have any cb Spiritwards, or Monarchs sitting around, Id be extremely grateful if you bred those. They seem to be under appreciated. I hardly see them sadly.

1 hour ago, Sunrunner said:

Sent what Freckled, Diamondwings, & Ash to the AP that I have.

I'll do Spirit Wards & Monarchs, too @emetib92, & @purplehaze, could you add on any Aethers you've got sitting around gathering dust ^_^?

Done! My CB Aethers weren't very coopetative, but I got quite a few from my long stair lineage.

@Sunrunner I actually got more Monarchs than Spirit Wards.

Also bred my Freckles for whoever wanted those.

Edited by purplehaze

Just massbred some cassares for someone's prize odds blus the ones requested inthread. Anyone else want me to breed some eggs? I've got a lot of celestials already corporealized.

I need ratios skewed away from Aethers and Moonstones, if possible. :P