TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

I am planing to mass breed my prizes on June 8th for my birthday. 

3 hours ago, osean said:

I am planing to mass breed my prizes on June 8th for my birthday. 

That sounds awesome. I love prize dragons. ❤️

On my birthday, I'm breeding every single Black Tea dragon I have, which is at least 200. Must force Black Teas down people's throats!

I'd appreciate a Leodon massbreed right about now. Tried to get a 2G Monarch from male Leodon and got nothing but Leodons. I guess I should collect more of those fellas since I ran out of CB male Leodons while trying to breed for a Monarch from that pairing. :rolleyes:

Huh, I expected my Tidals to show up tomorrow, incuhatchable... but here they are at 5d 2h! How did the AP time go up by so much in just a day or two?

Anyway... if you still need raffle entry dragons, there are some on the AP now.

I bred a bunch of Aqualises into the AP, almost every breeding produced an Aqualis but one gave me a Sky Silk egg instead. :blink: Oh well. I'd say around 10+ 2G Aqualises were dumped into the AP.

When the AP Time starts sneaking up on 5 Days, or even goes over, it is really easy for it to hover around there. If you are in the mood to see it lowered, here are some things to try:

1. Breed Your BSAs & Hybrids/Alts (including dragons that can change 

2. Breed Some Pretty Dragons like Special Lineages, Prizes, Nice Patterned Lines, Code/Number Lines, Shiny Dragons, Spriters' Alts Lines, Special Line Dragons Like Dorkface, Thuwed, Etc.; Dragon Lines from "Special" Dragons, Favorite/Matched Pairs, PB Lines, Holiday-kin/Lines, Anything you particularly Like (Your Armies and Special Collections), including some of your favorite breeds.

3. Breeding CB's Together to make 2G's. These can be PB and/or combos you like or just breeding various commons or dragons of the same type together.

4. The "Non-Standard Dragons" Like Two-Heads, Pygmies, Drakes, etc.

5. Any Dragons that are Considered "Uncommon to Rare" in the Cave, but not so much via Breeding. It allows people to collect these. This also includes special body types that aren't as common yet, as this can help with lots of things.

6. Anything you haven't bred in awhile or doesn't get enough love/respect and/or that you maybe don't see as much of in the AP. They need some representation and some loving! And sometimes you will find amazing dragons you forgot about and will be super excited.

7. Grab some Eggs from the Biomes when you are going away from the game for a bit and/or other, and drop them to the AP.'

8. Breed Commons, especially new releases! This helps even things so people can get "other" mates besides the newest most common dragon. And it helps people who may have missed the release to collect some of them if they can't grab them in cave! It doesn't have to just be the "latest" release!

And if you find a particular group you like to run thru every once in awhile, like BSAs, Special Lines, Commons, etc, consider putting them into a Group so it is easier to find and organize them!

Thanks, Natayah,  for pushing folks to breed and help with AP times, breeding projects and raffle outcomes, it's appreciated!

The AP is sitting at 5 days! 😤 So, I bred all my Terrae and sent 80+ to the AP.  I don't think Terraes ever getting enough love!

Will send some useful reds and pinks next.

Edited by Barb_
Fix capitalization

We've got some eggs below 5 days in the AP, and some above - Want to help drive that time down so we can do some fun searching, incuhatching, gifting, collecting and the like before the Big DC May Birthday Bash kicks in? If you don't have time to do a large breeding run at once, consider maybe doing a small number like .... 10-20? Once you start, you might find you do an extra 10 or more get in there as well. If not sometimes I'll pick a particular dragon type (assuming I don't have a large army of them and am pressed for time, and maybe even then), run thru a breed at a time until you are done with your time. Sometimes its fun to resort your scroll by things by age, Name, Color, and just go from there and see what pops up. Sometimes color is a great way to run thru some dragons!

Took your advice on color sorting, breeding everything pink at the moment!

I bred all my Tetras and some Holiday lines yesterday!

In between filling up on new Birthday babies and enjoying the Birthday fun, consider Breeding some dragons to the AP,  especially if you are full up on other eggs so they will just Auto Abandon and keep that AP TIME LOW,  which leads to all sorts of fun and benefits for all player types. And peruse the forums and/or Discord or other social DC Fun to find out what other gems we have in the Player Community!

So what are you planning on breeding, or would like to find in the AP,  during this DC birthday week!!

I like to breed my golds all at once.

It makes me happy to think someone got excited to find them.

I should have known better. I was getting so frustrated by the wall of messy Nocturnes in the AP that I tried biting one. Of course the egg ended up dead and now I'm stuck with it taking up a space until tomorrow.

I'm grabbing and hatching those Nocturnes and releasing the hatchlings as soon as they're ready.

Who, by all the Gods, had such a *crazy* idea, to fill the AP with *PAGES* of bred Nocturnes? O.o  O.O  >.>

1 hour ago, Ravensilver said:

I'm grabbing and hatching those Nocturnes and releasing the hatchlings as soon as they're ready.

Who, by all the Gods, had such a *crazy* idea, to fill the AP with *PAGES* of bred Nocturnes? O.o  O.O  >.>

Lol that was Tish. It was funny at first but now Im itching to find some vines or balloons! 

@purplehaze i almost bit some eggs yesterday, but was afraid of scroll lock. Looking back it wouldnt have mattered! Ha ha!

I don't really find it all *that* funny... this isn't just ten or twenty... this is *pages* of Nocturnes... >.<

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I wish people would stop saying single breeder AP blocking isn’t a problem.

Well... usually it isn't, because people *do* pick up those eggs. But *this*? This isn't just blocked. This is a veritable tsunami of Nocturne eggs.

I'm waiting for this batch to hatch and grabbing another eight before I go to bed. There *has* to be an end to them... right? >.>

Low Time AP got you wanting to move the wall along? Here are a few Activities to Consider:

1. Vampire Coven Creation Luvin - Fish out some Dragons and consider some Vampire Biting. You can keep your successes, some will got to the AP, and/or you can regift to others who have outstanding gifting request or do a FFA/teleport gifting! Or just release to AP as an Egg or Hatchling. People will be excited to grab them, and is probably an awesome thing to consider before you are going to go away for awhile, or don't want to fill up anymore egg slots (especially if you are going to go on a breeding run) since a dead egg will take up 24 hours to free up the egg slot. So great if you are going away for a bit or to sleep then wake up to work! Don't forget to report your results to the various threads that exist for these if you are interested in helping these things!

2. Hatch Those Eggs! Keep, Regift, Release, Freeze, Allow others to help reach their collection goals and/or get to their trophy goals faster and/or other ideas!

3. Breed Breed Breed! Are you full of eggs, or don't want to pick up anything else from the AP right now?? Consider breeding some variety of stuff YOU prefer and love and enjoy. They'll go straight to the AP, keep that AP time Low, and have more variety when your eggs roll around in a few days!

4. Catch up on some of the New Release Dragons, some Biome/Cave Hunting, Breeding Projects and/or other dragons that you are missing and/or others are missing. You can regift, keep, or even toss to AP or create teleports and/or gift directly to people looking for specific dragons. And this way you have time to focus on your Biome/Cave hunting with less interruption! Or grab some Biome/Cave "Blockers" (or treasures) and drop them to the AP for others to enjoy, especially if you are going to go away for 5 or more hours or want to lock yourself for a period of time before you drop them to the AP. Everyone loves finding CBs in the AP!!

5. Grab some eggs, hatch them, then fog them and let the hatchlings DIE from lack of views. This will allow you to have a lot of dead hatchlings without using your Kill slots to use for zombie fodder for for future zombie raise attempts (you will have a lot more this way to attempt to raise) and you can share your success/failures in the threads dedicated to this! If you don't know about these threads, check them out!

6. Remember, if people keep breeding, and you can breed what YOU prefer to see in the AP, and encourage variety, we are more likely to see more of that. Walls are important for many reasons, even if it seems frustrating. And it helps drive that AP time down. They do pass, AND with that lower time, your eggs are going to roll thru with lower times, and people are going to be more likely to grab them.

7. Organize a Breeding Event of things you would like to see bred on upcoming days either in the near or further future. Suggest some things you would like to see bred more, or give some themes to encourage others! People love to participate in Breeding Events, and there are a few days left in May, so consider some suggestions for the End of May, the End of our Birthday DC Month that might be a fun last minute Breeding Event, especially if you want to encourage new releases or other themed things, OR create something for June/July and create a thread for it, and/or post it here and/or in the Player Event Thread! Lots of people love joining these and would enjoy this!

8. Run a Raffle and/or Player Event and/or Game and make the ability to "win" collecting codes or certain hatchlings caught and posted between a certain time. This will encourage people to take a flurry of activity to hunt that AP and move that wall and look for things as their abilities to potentially "win" whatever you are offering! Win WIN WIN!!!

9. This month has 31 Days - Do you want to try and Rezz Zombies?? Create Some Vampires?? Do something Spooky?? How about a Future 13th Day or 31st Day Fun Event?

10. Think of some fun Player Events that might be a lot of fun to do, and maybe consider starting one, sharing with others, especially newer or players who were newer in the past 3-12 months, or people who make requests for Gifts in some of the Player Threads, and potentially offer to help, and let them know about raffles and player events and/or gifting threads and other fun threads that might be helpful for them

11. Check out the Forum and look for some cool threads that need some love, and maybe need some promotion! Consider posting it in the Player Activities thread, or taking it on as a project to check in on and help out, or just let people know about it. There are a TON of Forum Games, Art/Multimedia, and/or General Discussion stuff that doesn't get nearly enough love because people are very focused on the game itself and forget there is a lot more going on with the Forums. Check them out, and you might even be inspired to join some roleplay, start some art or other creative artistic thread of your own, join more regularly with certain games, find new stuff and share it, and/or promote and/or get involved - ALSO, you might just find something missing and consider starting something on your own!

12. Send some PMs to people you haven't talked to in awhile, or really respect/like, or that may be newer, and say hello, offer something nice or fun (like a free breeding, you can certainly put restrictions) of their choice or just tell them that you appreciate them or ask them what's going on and let them know what's new with you. There are so many awesome people here, sometimes we forget to say Hello! We take some of our favorite people for granted without meaning too or just haven't talked to them in forever! 

13. Check out some of the real time Chats in the Forums, Sites, and other things related to DC and see if there is anything interesting you will enjoy, and/or share!! There is a lot of stuff outside of the Forums!!

Edited by Natayah

I legitimately love this lol

Plus I might be doing something similar in the future just as a byproduct of my eventual 8G Celestial/Nocturne checker!

I hope,  that this wall of messy nocturnes will dissapear before all eggs in line after them run out of time. Can abandoned eggs run out of time and die? I never thought about this before. 

13 minutes ago, Ceressiass said:

Can abandoned eggs run out of time and die?

They can, but it rarely happens. The Nocturnes and everything that comes after them still have enough time. If there are still many of them left, the AP time might go down to 3 days or under, which is sad when good lineages become un-influenceable, but I don't think anything will die.

It has happened to eggs that were behind the "holiday wall", because holiday eggs are always shown first in the AP, so the eggs that are hidden behind them can run out of time without being seen at all. But normally, the eggs with the lowest time are shown first, and the lower the time, the sooner something gets picked up (even if it is just for hatching and re-abandoning).

Just keep hatching and freezing or abandoning the Nocturnes, and soon we'll have a nice low-time AP of other breeds again.  :)