KoalaNoob

Cloudclan

Ivyclaw, Elder

After Songbreeze left, Ivyclaw found himself curling into a ball and going to sleep. Oddly, his leg didn't hurt...Was something wrong? Ignoring this odd, happy feeling in his belly, Ivyclaw closed his eyes and slept for a few moments, but woke up again. Why doesn't my leg hurt? I mean, it hasn't hurt for quite some time, but...Could the nerves in it be dead? Ivyclaw wondered, gazing at his hind leg. Grunting, Ivyclaw rose to his paws, his eyes widening in surprise as he no longer felt unsteady or in pain. Of course, his deformed paw was still deformed, it had never hurt, but his torn muscle...Was no longer in pain. It was healed. I-I can come out of retirement!! Ivyclaw thought, joy swirling within him as he found himself racing outside to test his leg. It still ached a bit from running, but that was only because it wasn't used to such exercise. The "elder" continued to race about camp, until he realized cats were trying to sleep. But that didn't matter to him. Everything was going to be okay now. Ivyclaw could patrol with his son and daughter, challenge them to a swimming challenge (though it wouldn't go over well), he could do things like a normal cat again!

Aspenfang, Warrior

With a loud sigh, the warrior sat down in the center of camp with a loud thud. He wasn't tired, unlike most of his Clanmates. He lifted a leg, swiping it over his ear before gazing up, the itch in his ear now gone. His green-gray gaze drifted to the Apprentice's Den. He squinted to gaze inside, and didn't see the outline of his kits. Where were they? Probably running around, maybe with their mom. Aspenfang thought, licking a paw and drawing it over his cheek. He ignored the bickering of Mistystar and Cranewing, since he didn't want to get involved in their little dispute. Aspenfang rose to his paws, stretching out his legs and gazing around for some entertainment. He spotted Ivyclaw racing around like a happy badger, and found his whiskers twitching in amusement. He remembered when the older warrior told him about his Grandmother, a kittypet.

She was quite an odd kittypet, she tried to visit Cloudclan as often as she could, but the journey hurt her terribly. We told her to stay home, but that sassy ol' she-cat always refused, and she eventually joined. She fit in quite well. Ivyclaw had said before, when Aspenfang was a kit. The tom was always proud of the stories of his grandmother, how strong and brave she was, especially for a kittypet. His chest puffing out in pride, Aspenfang purred quietly to himself as he thought of his family. He was born from strong, hardy cats, looking quite like himself. The thought than came to Aspenfang's mind: Was his Grandmother ever accepted into StarClan? Shaking his head slowly, Aspenfang told himself she was, since she was a good cat. His chest puffed out in pride once more, and a smile grew on his face.

Edited by 20mia08

Feathertail

"Ivyclaw seems ecstatic." A soft purr. Sitting down and gently pressing her soft flank against her mate's, Feathertail watched the formerly ailed feline run circles like a young kit with too much energy. Like Willowpaw had been in the nursery. "I wonder, what's caused his leg to be better so suddenly?" she remarked, glancing at Aspenfang. Most would see nothing but his muscular frame but the white female could always note how thin he really looked. Sometimes, it worried her into thinking that he wasn't eating enough. Other times, she was sure that was just how he was no matter how much prey he got to fill his stomach.

Licking the side of his muzzle, she purred again and tilted her head, soft blue gaze focusing on his green-gray eyes. "Something has you smiling with pride. Thinking of your grandmother again? Or is it our kits?" Speaking of which... "Have you seen them? I lost sight of them after Cranewing and Mistystar began disputing...." A frown lighted upon her muzzle, pointed ears twitching and shifting to faintly lay back against her head.

Conflict, of any type, was something she preferred to avoid. Even if she wasn't part of it, Feathertail didn't enjoy being near it all the same. Aspenfang and Thistlepaw were of similar positions but Aspenfang was able to resolve a conflict using the right words much easier than she or their son. However, she had her own little talent for diffusing conflict before it started.

Willowpaw

Willowpaw kept her back turned, despite being around the corner, so she wasn't intruding on Thistlepaw's privacy. When he came back, her tail twitched in mild annoyance. So, her brother wasn't going with after all but, she guessed she should have figured. He wasn't much for doing such things like sneaking off anyways. "So I'll wait more than a day's travel before letting the group know I'm there too." She shrugged, idly scratching the dirt with a claw. "I want to go, Thistlepaw. I really want to go and even you won't get me to change my mind. Think of the adventure! The sights to see!"

Willowpaw bounced to her feet, tail high with excitement as she tried her best to keep her voice from rising above a loud whisper. "Don't worry about me, Thistlepaw! I'll be okay with the others. Plus, I do know how to take care of myself!" Maybe not necessarily to stay out of trouble but she could get herself out of an interesting bind.

Circling around restlessly, she paused long enough to lash her tail and speak again. "I want to see what's outside of the territory. I want to see how much more there is! Haven't you ever been curious? Wanted to find out where things came from or went to?" she questioned, voice dropping as she sat down once more.

Aspenfang, Warrior

Aspenfang nodded slowly as he purred softly alongside his mate, wrapping his unusually long tail around his mate's body. Of course I was thinking of my Grandmother, I love her greatly. As for our kits...No, I haven't seen them either. You know them, they always stick together, so they're safe. He murmured, his gaze drifting up at the sky. The stars faintly twinkled behind the thick fog, as well as the brilliant moon. The fog was beginning to worry him, as it seemed to be slowly thickening, and cats with breathing problems had their problems worsening. I'm pretty darn proud of our kits as well, Feathertail. They've blossomed into talented Apprentices, and shall be Warriors before we know it. He added, his green-gray gaze soft and gentle as he spoke.

I'm feeling old...I know I'm not as old as Ivyclaw, and not nearly as old as Icefall! But age gives you wisdom, and Icefall's a wise cat, as well as Ivyclaw...At least he's getting there. Aspenfang thought, his pelt gently brushing up against his mate's. Aspenfang let his eyes close, though he wasn't tired.

((Sorry it's short, I have to eat and then work more. I'll try to post more later on!~))

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw backed himself further into the smelly soft soil that covered Cloudclan's dirtplace, not longer thinking of the icky stench or gross mushy feel at his paws. All he was concerned about was was talking sense into Willowpaw, fast. And, if he was too close to the clearing, he might be overheard. Even if it was disgusting, deep in the small niche that the cats used to do their business was a good place to be, at least for the moment. He would definitely be asking for some wet moss to wipe his paws with, after, though. Tracking dung into his nest would be terrible, and hai next few nights would be sleepless. "But there's Icefall and Birchpelt! The two of them are really good at warrior duties, they'll definitely sniff you out. You'll be caught and sent back here in no time, then you'll be in trouble! And I might be in trouble too, for knowing." Thistlepaw stretched his eyes wide open to plead with his sister, hoping it would be enough to convince her. He doubted it would be, and let out an exasperated sigh. "Fine. If you want to go, I can't stop you. But I don't think I can go too. I'll keep your secret though! I... Promise."

Without another word, he scampered away. Hastily, he scrubbed his feet on the moist grass to rid the smelly mucus from them and hurled himself into his nest to wait for Willowpaw to lie down beside him. Hopefully, she wouldn't bring up the subject again.

Willowpaw

Strangely, Willowpaw didn't feel like she had won the argument. Not like she sometimes did. Watching Thistlepaw dart off after a sigh and mumbled promise, she looked down at the dirt and huffed, swiping a paw across the ground. Trotting back towards the Apprentice's Den, she eased into the small space and picked her way among the cluster of apprentices, finding her next beside Thistlepaw.

She didn't want him to fall asleep feeling hurt or something. She hoped he wouldn't. Gently touching her head against his flank, she waited a few heartbeats before pulling away and plopping down into a small ball of fur. She rested her chin on a forepaw, the other tucking against her chest, while her tail curled to fall against her side. "Night, Thistlepaw," she whispered, hoping she hadn't hurt him as bad as she thought.

Feathertail

Chuckling softly with amusement, Feathertail purred and brought her tail up to curl around Aspenfang's. "Yes, they'll be safe but Willowpaw's bound to get them into trouble eventually. She usually does, after all. Your grandmother was lovely. I'm glad to have gotten to know her, even if it was just for a short while," she remarked. Nodding faintly, she agreed with her mate's words about their kits soon becoming warriors. "They'll make the clan proud, I'm sure. Even if they have their mistakes but, then, who doesn't?"

Aspenfang grew silent and Feathertail remained, supporting him as he brushed against her side. She briefly looked around, spotting Thistlepaw and Willowpaw heading into the Apprentices' Den. Smiling, she didn't have to worry about trying to find them later. "If you're not too tired, would you care to come with me on an evening walk? Even with all of the clouds, it still makes for a nice night." Plus, it was a good means of getting away from the bickering of Deputy and Leader.

Aspenfang, Warrior

Aspenfang's gaze also followed their kits, watching them head to the Apprentice's den. The tom sighed in relief, gazing at his mate with a gentle look as he heard her question. With a smile, Aspenfang rose to his paws, gazing down at Feathertail. Why of course! Where to, my lady? He asked, his tail gently swishing against the ground as he spoke. Deep down, Aspenfang was hoping his kits would waltz out of the Apprentice's Den and decide to join in on their walk, since he hadn't spent much time with them lately. There had been so much work, and Aspenfang was super impatient. He also hoped that the fighting between Cranewing and Mistystar would be resolved when he returned with his mate. Aspenfang then remembered a conversation he had overheard, it was Cranewing with a warrior...Something about a strange scent, of a loner.

Probably left though, I was pretty sure he said it was stale. Aspenfang thought, turning his head to rasp his tongue gently over Feathertail's nose. Besides, what kind of loner would want to run near Cloudclan territory? They all scented their borders, and knew to stay out...Clearly, this cat was insane, and had a deathwish.

Sagepaw

The apprentice continued to listen, half hidden in the shadows of the hollow log, her tail trembling as she listened to the heated argument. She crouched down, willing herself to stay still as she overheard the talking. Her eyes blinked, glowing in the darkness of the settling night, her eyes glowing orbs of liquid gold.

Sagepaw paused before allowing herself to exhale the air stifled in her lungs. Mistystar seemed to have spoken. And, judging by the scattered groups across the clearing, cats were retiring to their nests now. The apprentice stretched her legs, trying to make it seem she was preparing for sleep, and not eavesdropping, trotted towards where she had her meal and cleaned up the bones.

She tried to ignore the whispering of the apprentices nearby and crossed the clearing form the dirtplace to the medicine cat's den. Sagepaw peeked into the den, seeing the shadowed and slumped figured of her mentor, Marshflight already asleep. She blinked carefully, before silently picking her way to her own nest.

She curled into a tight ball, her tail wrapped around her nose and eyes. Sagepaw willed herself to sleep, she was to go on the journey tomorrow, probably at the break of dawn. She needed the sleep. She tried to listen into the argument of the deputy and his leader, but she soon found herself being pulled into the depths of sleep.

Tallstorm

The warrior soon found himself in the middle of an argument, and feeling very awkward. His mate left his side, as did most of the clan, all leaving to go to sleep for tomorrow's big day. He realized he must too, if he was to leave on the journey. Tallstorm had no warning that he was to go, and was suddenly relieved to not go on the Night Patrol.

But Tallstorm had joined in the conversation between the two leading cats of the clan. He couldn't just leave. He tried to speak, but for once, nothing could leave his mouth. Cranewing spoke, then Mistystar, her words as harsh as claws against rock. She snarled down at the clan, before Cranewing had the nerves to reply again. Silence followed, and Tallstorm could of taken the chance to speak up.

So he did.

"Mistystar, Cranewing could not of said anything more true. He has the deputy position for a reason. It isn't a simple title to uphold. You just don't need leadership. You need the mind, power and strength to do so. Cranewing has all three. I may be a senior warrior, but I do not posses all of those qualities. Bring Canewing instead of me on the patrol, Mistystar," Tallstorm said, his voice strong and confident. But he had the sinking feeling the leader would shove the words down with another speech of her own.

Nightwing

Nightwing couldn't of cared less about the argument going on. The pregnant queen heaved herself to her paws before turning to her mate. She pressed her nose against Halfwhisper's ear. "Leave it, they'll sort it out soon," the queen mewed before licking the tom's cheek. "I need to sleep, it feels like the kits are sapping my strength every heartbeat!" She joked but the weariness was dragging her down. It showed, the way she tried to stand up, her voice, her walk. Nightwing shrugged her shoulders before turning towards the nursery.

The queen barely entered the hole of the entrance and followed the scents of herself around the bundle of moss. She sat down in her nest, the darkness and muffled voices sounded around her. It seemed so lonely in the den, but by the words of previous queens, she had to enjoy it before it filled up quickly. The faint scents of the several cats that visited her filled her mind. Mistystar was one of them. How she changed from that kind and humorous leader to one that tried to keep Tallstorm on the patrol.

Nightwing tucked her paws around her awkward belly before closing her eyes. She opened her eyes again, only for them to drop in tiredness. She then fell asleep quickly.

Snowfeather

Snowfeather looked at Fleckpelt, sadness filling her heart. He would never choose me over Songbreeze... He could never love me in return... the thought, her heart breaking. She rested her head on his back, then curled her tail tighter against him comfortingly. She put her head on her paws and drifted off to sleep, knowing Fleckpelt could never choose her as his mate. She let her painful thoughts float away as she fell asleep, peace claiming her. She slept fitfully, though she slept dreamlessly.

Duskflame

Duskflame glanced at Mistystar and Cranewing, flicking his tail in annoyance. Their bickering was quite childish, and Cranewing should just respect Mistystars decision. He padded towards the warriors den, exhausted and grumpy. When he arrived, he noticed how close Snowfeather was to Fleckpelt, curled around him like they were mates. His unique silver eyes flashed, anger boiling in his heart. He also felt so alone, and sadness as well. The anger won in the end, and he stomped over to her. He quickly stopped, only a few steps away from her, when he realized she was asleep. Snowfeather didn't seem happy, and he wondered why. He knew she loved Fleckpelt, and here she was, curled up with him like they were already mates. He snorted softly, too tired for his dramatic emotions. He lay down where he was, and fell asleep within moments.

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Fleckpelt was already fast asleep. his flank rising and falling slowly as if nothing had just happened. That was how tired he was. He entered a dream, about the past, of course, which meant it included Songbreeze. ((More Background info yay))

((In Dream...)) Fleckpaw was padding out of camp, Songpaw close on his left, with their mentors and another apprentice padding ahead. The apprentice, a she-cat, was talking about how she wanted kits, and couldn't wait to be a warrior. Fleckpaw wrinkled his nose in response. Love, Ewwwww! He growled sharply, ignoring the glare of the apprentice. Songpaw nodded stiffly and slowly beside him, as if she was hesitant. Of course she wanted kits later on, she was a she-cat! Ignoring the others and their comments about him and Songpaw, he turned back to his companion. Did you hear about my mother? Apparently, she's having another litter with my dad! Great, ain't it? Fleckpaw asked with a soft purr. Songpaw nodded her response, gently flicking her tail against his flank.

You have my congrats, Fleckpaw! When they're apprentices, we'll be warriors, think about it! Chimed Songpaw, giving a little hop as she walked. Fleckpaw nodded with a big smile, jabbing her side playfully with his paw and muttering the word "tag" before taking off, with Songpaw close behind. They ignored the sudden calls of their mentors, and continued racing on, happiness glowing in their eyes.

Stormpaw

Stormpaw slumped with exhaustion, too tired to be curious about anything. He walked slowly to the Apprentices Den, and plopped down in the center. He turned, unable to fall asleep even though he was tired. Stormpaw curled up, flattening his ears in irritation. He was snoring after a while, and let sleep carry him away.

(Sorry, short, gotta go to school)

A warm purr rumbling in his throat, Halfwhisper ran his tail over his mate's back as she walked away. She seemed ready to give birth any day now. New kits would bring life to the clan, but he couldn't help but worry. A warm feeling remained as he watched Nightwing waddle to the Nursery. She would be a great mother. But would their kits love him? He was so...so different. The large tom shook his head vigorously to clear his head. It had been a long day. What he needed was to sleep. Turning towards the Warrior's den, he hobbled off.

The warm scent of his clanmates was sucked in with each breath as he squeezed inside the den. Carefully did he step over sleeping cats in search of his own spot to sleep. And, judging by the smell, the moss bedding would need to be changed soon. Perhaps he could do it the next day...Opening his mouth in a wide yawn, he settled down in an empty spot. Tomorrow was a new day, and would bring something new with it. He was sure.

Fleckpelt, Warrior (Still in Dream)

A wide grin came upon Fleckpaw's face as Songpaw pinned him roughly, her balance terrible, and her tail lashing wildly. That's all you got?! Teased Fleckpaw, forcing himself upward and letting Songpaw fly off, landing softly on her four paws. She responded with a simple, jolly "hmph!" So I'm it, furball, run! Growled Fleckpaw playfully, aiming a blow for Songpaw's ears. With a chirp, Songpaw dashed away, light on her paws. Eventually, they became tired of their game and returned to their grumpy mentors.

After their patrol, the Apprentices padded towards the nursery, their ears pricked and their eyes scanning for movement. Mom! Fleckpaw called out as he noticed Turtlewing shift about. Ah, my son, and dear Songpaw! C'mon in, you two! The Queen meowed with a large purr, her amber eyes soft as she watched the two apprentices waltz inside. I kicked Songpaw's tail in Tag today! Are you due soon? How many kits do you think you'll have? Fleckpaw continued to pelt his mother with questions until Ivyclaw, then Swiftfang, gently prodded his son in the shoulder to tell him to stop. With a purr, Fleckpaw head-butted his father's shoulder in greeting, his tail waving.

The dream suddenly skipped ahead.

There was Turtlewing, no longer plump, and lying in a nest with her eyes closed, looking exhausted. Smokeykit, get your tail back here! Quillkit, stop pranking the older kits, they'll be bossing you around one day! The Queen ordered in a snappy tone, her eyes remaining closed. Fleckpaw was in the nursery once more, visiting his mother, while Smokeypaw scampered around him, making the brother smile. Since he was off-guard, Quillkit wiggled his tiny haunches from behind the apprentice, and leaped at the Gastrocnemius muscle of Fleckpaw's leg, causing the apprentice to flinch and kick out that leg, collapsing onto the ground. For StarClan's Sake, Quillkit Fleckpaw smiled back at his twin with amusement and a bit of annoyance glimmering in his gaze.

Edited by 20mia08

Snowfeather

Snowfeather twitched in her sleep, still restless and sleeping lightly. She flicked her tail in her sleep, making it hit Fleckpelt lightly. The warrior then curled her tail tighter around him and snuggled closer to him. She relaxed a bit, taking comfort in his warm fur pressed against her. Her body rose and fell softly, and she slept more peacefully after she snuggled with Fleckpelt.

(She is asleep the whole time.... Also, sorry if this is short, not much to work with)

Edited by EnchantingMiracle

Feathertail

Rising to stand like Aspenfang had, Feathertail gently curled her tail around his, humming in thought. "Anywhere really. Perhaps we can enjoy a brief swim in the river near camp. We can wet our fur again," she suggested. For a few moments, she stood there, watching her mate's gaze focus on the Apprentices' Den. "I think they've gone to sleep, darling. Tomorrow, we could hunt or patrol together." She understood her mate's desire to be with their kits but, she didn't wish to bother Thistlepaw and Willowpaw if they were already gone to sleep.

Tomorrow was a new day and would hold fresh openings for the four to do something.

Affectionately nuzzling Aspenfang's cheek with the top of her head, Feathertail started for the Exit Tunnel, an easy pace to her paw steps. "Do you think the group Mistystar chose will be gone long? I hope the journey doesn't cause them to be away from Cloudclan for much too long. A cat should always be able to return home as soon as able."

Aspenfang, Warrior

After staring at the Apprentice's den for a few milliseconds longer, the tom turned and followed his mate, gently brushing his tail against her hind legs as he passed, standing parallel with her. I...I hate to say it, but I think they'll be gone for long. Our territory's fairly vast, and we don't know how far away this threat is, or if we can do anything about it. He murmured gently, slowly padding beside Feathertail as they exited camp. The tom focused on what was ahead, occasionally glancing at his mate with a warm smile as he walked beside her. Aspenfang's ear twitched every second he heard a movement in the fog, on guard and ready. He told himself to relax, since this was just a stroll with his beloved mate.

I'd love to go to the river, by the way. We could bring our kits to the river tomorrow as well, to fish. Aspenfang meowed, letting his paws slowly sink into the soft, dry, loose sand. His pelt wasn't very moist, and it was getting to him, so he couldn't wait to go for a swim. The warrior had always loved to swim, but he hated climbing, absolutely hated it.

Fleckpelt, Warrior

The dream skipped once more...

There Fleckpaw was, standing proudly beside Songpaw with their pelts well-groomed. He listened to leader continue on ((I Don't know if it's Mistystar, but it probably is)) with their ceremony, their pelts brushing closely as they stood. -even at the costs of your lives? The leader finished, gazing down expectantly at Fleckpaw and Songpaw. A purr rumbled in Songpaw's throat, causing Fleckpaw to purr harder as he felt his best friend shift happily beside him, her warmth surging into him.

I do! The two chimed. After hearing their names echoed by the Clan, Songbreeze, formerly known as Songpaw, gently nuzzled Fleckpelt's, formerly known as Fleckpaw, broad shoulder. The two turned, heading back to sit with their Clanmates, until the Leader called back Fleckpelt. Nervous, the black-and-silver warrior padded back, finding his sister walking over to his paws. Fleckpelt, you will mentor Smokeypaw. Even if she's your sister, don't take it easy on her. The leader finished. Fleckpelt gently touched his nose to his bouncing little sister's, listening to his Clanmates echoing the names of Smokeypaw and Quillpaw.

The dream skipped for the last time...And he didn't like the part he was seeing, not too much, at least.

Fleckpelt was crouched over the body of Turtlewing, Smokeypaw clinging to his side like a tick, their heads bowed. ....Dad just broke up with her, Smokey....I'm so sorry, for you, for me....For dad, and for Quilly... Fleckpelt whispered softly, tears stinging his eyes as he spoke softly. Smokeypaw didn't look up, her face remained buried in Fleckpelt's fur. He could tell she was mourning, for the fur on his pelt, where her face was pressed, was now damp and warm, smelling of salty tears. Fleckpelt's ear twitched as he felt a nose gently press against his back. He turned to see Quillpaw, now touching his nose to Smokeypaw's back as well. Smokeypaw looked up with big, pleading yellow-green eyes.

C'mon, Smokester...Walk with me. Quillpaw murmured, his voice heavy with grief, yet welcoming and warming as usual. With a small nod, Smokeypaw left Fleckpelt with their mother, leaving camp with the comforting Quillpaw. Grief began to over come Fleckpelt, causing him to fall to the ground, pressing against his mother's freezing body, his breaths becoming ragged, heavy with sorrow. Fleckpelt closed his eyes, breathing in his mother's scent of death, trying to remember the times with her. He remembered being cuddled up close with her, listening intensely to her stories, which painted murals in his head. He also remembered quite an embarrassing moment, where sneaked into the Elder's den to listen to a story, and ended up peeing himself in fear...The elder had become greatly upset with his now stinking, wet nest. It was his fault though, for telling the kit such a scary story, for Fleckpelt didn't leave the nursery for what seemed like weeks...But his mother comforted him.... Along with Songbreeze. Fleckkpelt flinched as he felt a cat lay down beside him, and looked over to see Songbreeze, pressed closely up against him.

It's okay, Fleckpelt...She'll watch over you in StarClan, forever and ever. I'm here for you, and I always will be. Smokeypaw, Quillpaw, and Swiftfang need you, Fleckpelt, I need you. I love you so much, Fleckpelt, Turtlewing loves you so much, so be brave for her....For me, for the Clan. Songbreeze cooed softly, her tail gently brushing against his spine. Before Fleckpelt knew it, his body was growing tingly with sleep and comfort.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw, hearing his mother's offer, burst out of his den. The nests were tightly-placed, thankfully, so the bedding didn't go flying. He would still have to clean his nest when he got back from the walk, though. But he was still incredibly excited. It had been forever since the four of them had done anything together. He skidded to stop in front of Feathertail, spraying dry dirt all over her smooth pelt, then began to bounce around. Apparently too energized to keep a quiet voice, he shouted back into the apprentice's den. "Ooh! Ooh! We're going for a night walk! Yay! Come on, Willowpaw! Let's go, before it gets too dark! And I'm not gonna be scared like a little kit this time! That was moons ago!" Yipping gleefully, Thistlepaw turned back to his parents. "Can we go and run around in the grove or something? I wanna look at the pretty trees and birds. Pleeeeeeaaaaasssse?"

Forcing himself to stop his hyper, jerking movements, Thsitlepaw paused for a single brief moment. Then, he bunched his muscles and leapt into the apprentice's den, like a rabbit escaping the cats' sharp claws.

Feathertail

She sort of had to agree with his reasoning. A small frown crossed Feathertail's short muzzle, her mouth starting to part for words. An eager cry stopped her thoughts, ears perking at the familiar voice. Her frown and worried thoughts disappeared, replaced by a smile and affectionate purr. "I don't see why you can't join us. It would be lovely to walk with my three favorites," she replied, tail swishing happily. "We can go to the grove once we've stopped at the river. I'm sure you and Willowpaw could use the dip as well?" Feathertail inquired, head tilting slightly.

Willowpaw

"What about the river?" Willowpaw remarked, quickly bounding over towards her parents and brother. She was excited, Thistlepaw's hyper behavior spreading to the small female. She bounced along beside Aspenfang, tail held high. "We can come, right? It's too early to sleep just yet!"

Aspenfang, Warrior

With a small smile, Aspenfang gently flicked his tail against his daughter's ear, gazing down at her. Why not? Once Thistlepaw skips on over here, we'll set out to the river, and then we can go to the grove. Aspenfang murmured, his voice gentle as he gazed back at his mate, noticing that she agreed. He gazed back over his shoulder, waiting for Thistlepaw to scamper over to his family members. Once he did, they would set off, and Aspenfang would be on high alert. The news of the faint loner smell made Aspenfang worry, but he didn't want to ruin the happy mood of his family. He enjoyed seeing them all pleased and bouncing about. Aspenfang shifted slightly, his whiskers twitching slightly impatiently, being his impatient little self. He knew his son and daughter would go racing off together, since they seemed to have endless energy at the moment, and this worried him.

Ashclaw

Ashclaw listened to the announcement closely. Tallstorm, Sagepaw, Birchpelt, and Icefall. Those are good choices. Luckily I'm not going I would probably mess things up. He thought to himself. Ashclaw looked around and saw people heading towards the den and squabbling. Aspenfan and Feathertail were talking and Cranewing was arguing with Mistystar. Everyone seems so tired I wonder why. He thought to himself. Ashclaw decided to go into the den and sleep tomorrow was going to be a big day for everyone in the clan. He slowly dozed off for a mere second then he heard hyperactive apprentices. He poked his head out the den and gently whispered. "Some of us are trying to sleep could you keep it down." With that he walked back into the den and once again dozed off.

Dream

He was a tiny kit in his dream in the nursery looking outside longing to be an apprentice. "Mom when will I be an apprentice?" The small kit asked. "You're close to becoming one, but remember yiou're still a moon to young. Why don't you go outside for a while." She said as she pushed him out of the den. She laid down and watched him closely. The young Ashkit bounced around playing with every little thing he found on the ground.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw bounded out of the den, leaving the moss in the empty nests he had used as a passage scuffed and messy. Even some of the bracken underneath had been destroyed, albeit a tiny amount- there were very few loose pieces in the skillfully-made bedding, and most apprentices weren't strong enough to kick away the entire nest. Even if they were on the burly side, like Thistlepaw. Ignoring, or maybe just unaware of the small mess he had created, the darkly-furred tom emerged from the entrance already shaking his head vigorously to remove the loose strands of moss that had wound up tangled in his fur. "Yay, yay! We're going on a night adventure, it'll be the most exciting one ever! I bet it'll be even cooler than the journey the big warriors are going to! This one is fun! Are we going yet? Are we going yet?!" His paws were on the brink of fizzling out of pure excited energy. Thistlepaw's tail was trembling, and his eyes were bright despite their dark shade. Almost, just almost, he had asked if they were there yet- but not quite. Despite his childishly powerful energy, he hadn't quite lost control of his body. But he was awfully close.

Songbreeze, Warrior

Thistlepaw's loud, joyous voice awoke Songbreeze with a strong jolt. With her ears pricked and her fur bristling slightly, the cream tabby gazed around. ....Huh...? She asked drowsily, exhaustion showing in her oddly colored gaze. She relaxed, noticing it was just Thistlepaw on a happy, childish surge, but this amused her. She enjoyed watching happy little apprentices bounce around, since it reminded her of her own childhood with Fleckpelt. The two never seemed to stay out of trouble at times, though he was now a strict and serious cat....She could still get his humorous side out of him. Songbreeze crossed her front paws to get into a comfortable position, watching the apprentice bound out of camp with her whiskers twitching in amusement. The warrior then wondered how Aspenfang would react to his sudden burst of energy at this time of night. She knew how impatient the bengal tom was, and had never expected him to be a father...But there was always surprises every here-and-there in the Clan.

Stormpaw

Stormpaw twitched his ears and curled his tail tightly around himself, annoyed at being woken up. His curiosity had vanished from drowsiness, and he flattened his ears against his head. The apprentice tried to block out Thistlepaw's happy voice, yet he couldn't. Instead, Stormpaw got up and shook his pelt, then yawned, opening his mouth wide. He padded out of the den, happier than he was when he was first awoken. The curious cat glanced at Thistlepaw, wondering why he was being so loud when their were many cats asleep. He should know better than that, even if he is an apprentice. Stormpaw thought a little bitterly. There are plenty of apprentices, and even I wouldn't be so loud. He tilted his head and walked over to Thistkepaw,memo was bouncing around. It was hard to stay mad at him when he was so excited.

What are you so happy about? Stormpaw asked the other apprentice, stretching and sitting down near him. He groomed his legs absently, hoping none of the warriors would be angry with Thistleplaw for all the racket. Stormpaw glanced at the warriors den, expecting an angry cat to walk out and yell at them.

Duskflame

Duskflame rolled over, his eyes half open. He stretched out and flicked his tail sharply, ready to scold the apprentices for making so much noise. The tom then licked his left paw, noticing it was a bit sore. I must have slept on it or something... he thought to himself. He walked out of the den slowly, still half asleep. When he saw Thistlepaw, he flicked his ears and slitted his eyes in annoyance. Quiet down, will ya? the young warrior said, mumbling to himself. He turned back to the den, not up to scolding them when their were older cats who could manage it. Duskflame glanced at Snowfeather with a pang of sadness, and went to the corner of the warriors den. He curled up, closing his eyes and thinking of Snowfeather, aware that she had mixed feelings about him. He knew that she would choose Fleckpelt..... He fell asleep with the painful thought like a bite to his throat.

Snowfeather

Snowfeather squinted her eyes, awakened by Thistlepaw. She twitched her eyes, but fell asleep again in a few moments.

(Dream)

((Snowfeather was at camp when it happened, just a kit at the time. Her brother died in a battle, when lone cats raided the camp. She remembers the day like it was yesterday, and it kills her inside. )

Snowkit smiled at her mother, her eyes bright and happy. She turned to her brother, but he wasn't in the nursery. She glanced up at her mother, worry clouding her eyes. "Mom, where did Shadowkit go?" She squeaked worriedly, scared for her runt if a brother. He had always loved to explore, but this was the first time he had gone alone, and Lilyheart would be very strict with him when she found him. Lilyheart glanced around, panic flashing in her eyes. Snowkit then heard commotion outside, and it sounded bad. There were cats screeching in pain, and Lilyheart told her to stay in The nursery no matter what. Snowkit flinched in fear, and pawed at her mother. Don't go, mommy!! she said, panic making her squeaky voice high. Her mother smiled sadly at her. I will be o.k. I just need to find your father and Shadowkit. Snowkit ran to the back of the nursery, afraid and shaking. Lilyheart had never returned, and her family died in the battle. The leader had saved her (I don't know who ) and took her in.

Edited by EnchantingMiracle

Moonpaw wasn't asleep when Thistlepaw jumped up and ran out of the den, but she started in surprise anyway, unprepared for the ruckus the older apprentice had caused. Although she was upset at Thistlepaw's loud antics, she didn't say anything at first, still cowed by the scolding she had gotten from him earlier. After a while, though, other cats got up and followed Thistlepaw out of the den, and, since she wasn't tired anyway, Moonpaw didn't see any point in being quiet and pretending she was asleep any longer.

Running out of the den, she saw a group of cats clustered together. She recognized a bunch of apprentices together, Thistlepaw, his sister Willowpaw, another apprentice named Stormpaw, and even a few adult cats. Although Moonpaw wanted to do something to Thistlepaw to get back at him for how he'd treated her earlier, especially with the way he was acting now, she knew she couldn't with adult warriors present, and she couldn't think of anything good anyway. Instead she diverted her attention to Stormpaw. He was a newer apprentice like her. Maybe he'd be up for doing something together? Moonpaw had mostly recovered from the shock she'd gotten earlier, and now she was in the mood for some fun.

Running up to Stormpaw, Moonpaw pounced on the other apprentice's gently twitching tail, unable to help herself upon seeing the movement. "Hi Stormpaw!" Moonpaw greeted the other apprentice cheerfully. "Wanna play a game together?"

Aspenfang, Warrior

Anger and annoyance bubbled inside Aspenfang as he watched his kit impatiently bounce around, though he had been the one holding them up. Keeping his emotions hidden, Aspenfang gave his son a flick with his tail. Yes, we're going, so come along. The quicker we move, the sooner we'll be there. He explained, turning to face Feathertail and give her a curt nod. Without another word, the warrior stretched his legs, his pale silver-tan ears pricked as he began to continue padding on, keeping his pace slow so his mate and kits could keep up. He was longing to feel the cool river-water swim through his pelt. Aspenfang ignored the other apprentices, hoping they didn't want to tag along. This was a family-outing, and family only, so he'd turn any others down in a heart-beat. We'll see how well you two can swim. The flecked tom called over his shoulder, glancing at his son and daughter with a hint of amusement in his eyes. He had never really seen his offspring swim before, since he wasn't their mentor. One of the warrior's ears remained directed at the fog ahead, alert and ready.

Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Smokeypaw grumbled as she was awoken once more, her tail lashing in frustration, and her paws over her ears. It felt like it was the millionth time she was woken! And she was dreaming of her littermate! With her fur fluffed slightly in anger, she stalked out of the Apprentice's den, her yellow gaze dull. Her anger swiftly disappeared as she watched Thistlepaw leave camp with his family, smiling after the tom. He's so lucky to still have his mother and father, and his sister as well... She thought, her smile slowly fading to a frown as she thought of her own family. Smokeypaw gazed regretfully at the Apprentice's den, knowing it would continue to be noisy all night, with Thistlepaw and Willowpaw leaving and entering. Her gaze shifted to the Warrior's Den, and she found herself walking inside with her tail low. Settling down next to Fleckpelt, she gently nuzzled his shoulder.

Flecky? Wake up... She murmured softly, brushing her muzzle against her brother's cheek. He still didn't stir, telling Smokeypaw that he was in the middle of a dream. She continued to nudge him in order to wake Fleckpelt, hoping he wouldn't mind too much. Smokeypaw closed her eyes as she pressed her head against Fleckpelt's strong shoulders, waiting for him to awake.

Edited by 20mia08

Willowpaw]

Willowpaw snickered when Aspenfang lightly flicked her ear with his tail, purring a moment later and quickly keeping pace with her parents. Nudging Thistlepaw's shoulder with her nose, she briefly glanced back at the irritated clan mates she and her brother left behind. A guilty laugh left her muzzle before she focused foreword again. As they passed through the Exit Tunnel, Willowpaw itched to challenge Thistlepaw to a race. Finally, "Let's race, Thistlepaw! You won last time but I'm sure I can beat you now!"

Unsheathing her claws, they dug into the ground as her tail lashed with eagerness. "What do ya say? First one to the river?"

Feathertail

Easily keeping pace with Aspenfang, Feathertail brushed her side against Aspenfang's flank, recognizing his growing impatience and displeasure. As a couple of warriors and apprentices made their discontent known about the disruption her kits were causing, she quickly mewed an apology before the four left the camp. "Don't get too far ahead. It'll be much darker soon and we don't want to lose sight of you," Feathertail remarked, purring nonetheless.

"Don't worry! We won't get lost! We're much better swimmers too, Aspenfang. Much better than when we first started as apprentices," Willowpaw beamed, chest puffing out with pride.

Feathertail chuckled, touching her daughter's nose with her tail tip. "You'll just have to show us now, won't you?"