KoalaNoob

Cloudclan

Mistystar

"That is fine. I will deal with her later. Now return to camp and busy yourself with whatever situation arises. Be useful. Go do some quick fishing or hunting before the journeying cats leave, so we might have a feast together before we are separated for an indefinite amount of time." Turning away as if she had never acknowledged the once-crippled warrior at all, Mistystar briskly strode away, with secure, definite steps in comparison to the slow, brooding pace she had used before. Despite his leg being somewhat healed, Ivyclaw would have had trouble catching up, as the injury would have had some permanent effect, no matter how minor.

Moonpaw wanted to get a better look at the new kit, but she nodded happily when Fleckpelt told her get some supplies for her, glad to have a concrete task that would occupy her mind. "Okay, I'll get some moss!" the apprentice told Fleckpelt and dashed back off into the middle of the campsite. She stopped suddenly and sat down. "Hmm . . . now where can I get some moss again?" Moonpelt asked out loud to the air in front of her.

Sagepaw

The warriors were loud. But their voices did not disturb the apprentice as she slept on. The last night's adventures with Mistystar had taken the toll on the young apprentice, especially with a daunting task set ahead for her. Sagepaw woke up with a start, her eyes snapping open, hoping to have not missed the wake up call to leave. But she didn't and flipped herself to a sitting positiom. She winced as she saw what a state her pelt was in, dirt clinging to her fur, small leaves caught in the tangles, the whites of her pelt were just a dusty brown now. Hoping that no one had seen the evidence of the night walk, she stood up to shake it out of her pelt. Sagepaw then began to groom her fur with long strokes of her tongue. She wasn't one to groom herself often, but she wanted to get rid of any evidence of last night and be neatish for the journey ahead.

She had finished her grooming, her pelt didn't look as good as it could be, but she didn't want to fuss over it. Carefully standing up and giving herself a quick stretch, Sagepaw hopped around the breathing figure of her snoring mentor. She would need travelling herbs prepared soon for the patrol and herself. Picking out a few leaves in the shelves in front of her, she heard a cat enter and the names of her and Marshflight being called out.

Sagepaw carefully placed the leaves down before darting to the front to see what she was needed for. Seeing Fleckpelt and a strange now kit, she froze before her eyes turned wide. "Great Starclan, what is this?" She half muttered to herself and the warriors. Then before she could answer, Moonpaw and Ripplepaw tried to enter. Fleckpelt hurriedly shooed them away before facing Sagepaw again.

"Who is she? Where did you get her?" She asked with curiosity in her voice and eyes. Before waiting for an answer, she silently slapped herself with her tail. "I should get Marshflight to help," she scolded herself, loud enough for the others to hear.

Nightwing

She woke up with a hard kick in her belly. The queen frowned in pain before rolling to her paws and heaving herself up. The kits were much more active now, she barely got any undisturbed sleep without having a sharp prod here and there. Nightwing blinked away the last blurry winks of tiredness from her eyes and shuffled her paws. Soon enough, Halfwhisper entered the den, a warm smile on his face.

"Good morning, Nightwing."

Those simple words gave Nightwing the biggest smile ever on her maw. She leant in to press her nose against his ear. "I feel them. I think I might be kitting soon," she murmured warmly. She pulled herself back to her bedding before standing up on four legs. Before she could say anything, a commotion outside made her turn sharply towards the exit. Goldenheart, another queen was already there. However the other then turned and fell asleep again, and Nightwing left Halfwhisper to pad towards the entrance. "What's happening, Halfwhisper?" she called to her mate, hoping for an answer, if not she would go see for herself. A frown of concern, curiosity and worry began to flood her face features as she tried to see what was happening.

She saw Fleckpelt disappear into the medicine den with a trail of apprentices following. After a few brief words, the apprentices left and she was left to wonder why. Nightwing wanted to leave the nursery but instead turned back and trotted back to her mate..

Tallstorm

The senior warrior was slowly pulled into the real world where he snapped awake. It was the day the journeying patrol would leave. Along with Birchfall. All the cats that were leaving were able to defend themselves, except maybe Sagepaw. But healing reasons made her join the patrol. But it seemed so weird to Tallstorm, for three cats to leave. Before it would be four, if Cranewing wasn't banished or if he decided to go on the journey. But he knew he couldn't go, it was a nagging feeling inside of him that made him stay.

Scanning the bodies of the sleeping cats, he stood up and stretched briefly, careful not to disturb anyone. Then with a few light steps, he was out of the den and in the clearing. His mate was already eating and talking, acting like she wasn't going on a massive journey ahead. Tallstorm shock his head. He had to stop worrying. He turned to walk for a piece of prey before Fleckpelt entered camp. Without a second thought, he took a fish before walking away to eat. Then, observing what was happening, he realized that a kit was found and was taken to the medicine cat's den. Tallstomr stood to his paws over his half eaten meal, but didn't move. Two apprentices tried to see what was happening but was ushered away. Deciding it was best, he stayed back and sat back down. He could always ask another cat for gossip. It spread fast around the clan.

((Yay, i'm alive and posting! <3))

Edited by Tiga

Duskflame

The young warrior wrapped his tail around himself, not wanting to seem aggravated if any other cats saw him. This would keep him looking normal and his tail wouldn't be whipping around. He heard some of the cats talking about a found kit. Hopefully Mistystar will have the common sense no to keep it... We have way too many apprentices as it is.. He thought to himself. He felt there was no need for another apprentice, it was difficult enough finding mentors for the current apprentices, how would they get a mentor for another one?

He pricked his ears up and listened to the conversations some more. It seemed Sagepaw was up, and going to tend to the kit. Fleckpelt apparently took charge for now.. Duskflame thought angrily. He must think he's some kind of amazing hero now.. "That piece of fox dung.." He murmured to himself. He noticed Moonpaw saying something to Fleckpelt. She must be curious, just like the rest of us. Geez, apprentices should give the kit some space. He flicked his ears, more annoyed than before, though he kept his tail pressed against himself.

Edited by EnchantingMiracle

Ivyclaw, Elder/Warrior

Ivyclaw watched Mistystar leave rather angrily, but after she left, he turned around coolly, picking his way back to camp. Along the way, he slipped, not used to using his rear paw, but he eventually regained his balance. My leg's still weak...It'll take a long time to get used to it, and for all I know, there may be some permanent damage from the injury...I think there is, since it doesn't like stretching too far, and can feel stiff at times... Ivyclaw thought, shaking the dirt from his pelt as he trotted back into camp. He narrowed his eyes down at Moonpaw, noticing that she was looking for moss. She's going to stress the kit out, these cats need to learn to give some cats space... Ivyclaw thought with a simple twitch of his ear.

Moonpaw, the moss is right outside the Medicine Cat den...Though I think it's been used up, so go outside and look for some, it's likely to be growing on trees or rocks.

Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Smokeypaw shook her head in response. Well...It's complicated, having her join has it's ups and downs. Nightwing's litter is on the way, which'll give us more apprentices, but by the time they're apprentices, most of us will be warriors, the new kit included. Thistlepaw and Willowpaw are getting close to being warriors as well. Mistystar, Aspenfang, Ashclaw, Meadowsun, Petalstorm, and a few others don't have apprentices yet, and the more warriors we have, the more we can hunt. After all, we're losing quite a few cats to go on the journey. Smokeypaw pointed out, coming to a halt as she eventually scented rabbit. Songbreeze gazed at the apprentice and nodded, as if telling Smokeypaw to go on. Crouching down low, Smokeypaw followed the scent trail slowly, her tail parallel with the ground. She saw the fuzzy gray creature gnawing on something, and excitement tingled in Smokeypaw's belly. Unsheathing her claws, she continued to creep forward, her ears flattened against her delicate skull.

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Fleckpelt grumbled angrily as he felt even more gazes burn into his pelt. Couldn't cats keep their noses out of others' business?! Hold that thought... Fleckpelt mumbled to Sagepaw, grabbing Rose by her scruff and padding deeper into the den, where they could all have some more privacy. He set Rose down on some moss, before returning his gaze to Sagepaw, his ears pricked. I found her on the stepping stones, being chased by twoleg dogs. I don't know her name, but I found her alone. Fleckpelt informed Sagepaw, sitting down on the cool ground, rasping his tongue gently over his wound. Once it was clean, he raised his head once more, waiting for Sagepaw's response. He didn't think she would exactly need help with treating a few wounds, as she had been training as a Medicine Cat Apprentice for what seemed like quite a long time.

Mistystar

Mistystar continued up the gentle slope until she reached the large, leafy bush that Sagepaw and she had entered only last night. Flattening herself, she wriggled into it, managing to get only a few leaves caught in her pelt. Still in a shrunken, crouched position, she extended a foreleg and brushed away the pile of leaves, then slipped into the tunnel.

She trotted down the steeper area right beneath the entrance hole, gaining speed as she did so. Though she would have preferred to walk slowly, attempting to do so would cause her to skid down the narrow hill, scuffing her paws and covering her pelt in dirt- something she didn't want, at all. Her fur already needed to be groomed; having it take longer would be exceptionally annoying. As Mistystar reached the flat tunnel, she sat down and began lapping at her fur, pulling leaves and dirt out in the almost unlit underground passage. Soon, though, only after a dozen licks, she decided she was finished, and continued on her way through the tunnel.

Moonpaw nodded gratefully at Ivyclaw, her mind had suddenly drawn a blank when she'd tried to think of the place where moss was stored. "Thanks, Ivyclaw, I can go gather some! Is it okay for me to leave camp on my own like this, though?" she asked the elder, not wanting to be the cause of any more trouble.

Meadowsun woke slowly, not wanting to leave her den as the light from the sun was slow to reach the grounds of the camp due to the thick cloud cover. Heading outside towards the food pile, the first cat she saw was Tallstorm. She frowned slightly to herself as she remembered that the tom had been in an argument with Mistystar when she'd gone to sleep after the announcement last night. She'd known better than to get involved, though. "Morning, Tallstorm," she told the tom cheerfully. "So how did things with Mistystar turn out?" Before she could pick up a bit of prey for herself, she noticed a bit of a commotion out of the corner of her eye at the medicine cat's den. "Oh, my! What is going on?" Meadowsun tried to get a better look at what was happening, although she knew better than to join the commotion herself. She couldn't see Rose, either, since the kit had already been brought inside the den.

Stormpaw

Stormpaw nodded his agreement. "You have a good point." He said with a smile. He came to a stop and froze, watching Smokeypaw. He didn't want to make any noise and scare away the prey she had scented. He sniffed slightly and scented a rabbit. Aww. Smokeypaw is so lucky. Hopefully we come across more prey so I can bring some fresh-kill back with us. It's so much fun hunting... He thought good-naturedly and kept as still as possible. He observed her as she crouched down and prepared to pounce. She is really good at hunting...I wonder if she'll get it.

Duskflame

The tom yawned and stretched out, arching his back as he did so. He felt bored, and, surprisingly, he wanted to do something useful for the clan. Only because I have nothing better to do.. He thought bitterly. He padded over to the nursery with a bit of repulsion. I really don't like the scent... Or kits.. At least both Nightwing and Goldenheart haven't had their kits yet... He sat down at the entrance. Nightwing... Is there anything you need?" He asked, his tone implying he didn't actually care. It wasn't rude, exactly... More neutral. He kept his ears pricked, though he turned his head away and tried not to smell much.

Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Wiggling her launches, Smokeypaw prepared to pounce, her eyes focused on her prey. Tensing up her rear legs for a few heartbeats, Smokeypaw pounced, her claws sinking into the right side of the rabbit. It cried out in pain, squirming and thrashing about, eventually biting Smokeypaw on the ear in desperation, causing the apprentice to cry out. The rabbit wiggled out of her grasp, kicking up dirt as it sped away, it's beady eyes wide. No! Not today, we need prey for the feast, and I will not let my Clan down! Smokeypaw thought, letting out an angry hiss before taking off after her prey. She was fast, thankfully, and kicked off the ground, leaping as far as she could, sinking her claws and fangs into the neck of the rabbit. It struggled, but eventually went limp, making Smokeypaw swell with pride.

Ivyclaw, warrior/elder

Ivyclaw paused for a moment, gazing down at Moonpaw and thinking. Well... He began, hesitating slightly. You should be fine, but if you want, I can go with you... I know where a good patch of moss is. The flecked Tom finished with a shrug, sitting down and grooming his shoulder fur. Be didn't want to get into trouble for letting an apprentice go out alone, and possibly get hurt. Ivyclaw was a father, and he knew that young cats could be reckless, and that they didn't stand much of a chance against something like a dog or rogue. Ivyclaw returned his rather laidback gaze to Moonpaw, letting out a tiny yawn.

((This was on my kindle, so it's short and not colored, sorry. There'll probably be odd mistakes as well, as I can't type well on my kindle...))

Stormpaw

The tom purred as he saw Smokeypaw make the kill. He padded over to her and grinned. "Good job! For a second there I thought it got away from you." He said warmly, he paws itching to have a try at it. He ignored his slight jealousy and enjoyed the moment. More food.. That's good. Maybe we can get a few more rabbits..and some squirrels too. That would be great!He thought with a smile. He licked his right front paw, the tufts in it making him uncomfortable. He sat down and presumed to groom the rest of his pelt, the dirt and uncleanliness finally getting to him. He continued to purr, his tongue rasping loudly against his coat. He didn't do a very thorough job, though his pelt looked much better than it had before.

Stormpaw stood up after he was finished cleaning himself. They were almost to the training pit, and he was overloaded with excitement and obnoxious energy. He held it all back, not wanting to annoy Songbreeze. He knew the older cats could get annoyed with the apprentices easily sometimes, and he just wanted to have fun. I can wait a little longer.. I just have to be slightly bored until we get to the training pit.." He thought joyously, his heart pounding excitedly. He was eager to get there, and the tom felt like he could actually do really good today.

Petalstorm

Petalstorm yawned again, then swung her body to survey the cam again through tired, blinking eyes. There didn't seem to be much to do. No patrols seemed to be leaving, and there really wasn't anything happening at all. There was a bit of commotion in the medicine cats' den, but she just assumed that it was some apprentices fighting again. That happened far too often, for Petalstorm's taste, at least.

Noticing Snowfeather, Petalstorm jogged up to her, and nodded a quick greeting. "Morning, Snowfeather! What are you doing? I'm kind of bored, can I join you?"

Snowfeather

Snowfeather nodded at Petalstorm with a smile. "I'm getting a hunting patrol ready. You can join if you like."She said warmly. "The more cats, the better." She meowed with a soft purr. She felt oddly tired for some reason, but hopefully going on the patrol would help her wake up. She shook away her drowsiness and glanced at Finchpaw. What a heavy sleeper.. She thought, her purr growing louder. Soon enough he would have to wake up. She twitched her ears slightly and turned her head to look at Petalstorm again. So do you want to join us?" She asked with a smile, expecting the other she-cat to say yes. She could help catch some prey, with her hunting skills...She thought eagerly.

Petalstorm

Petalstorm cheered inwardly; something to do! Despite her usual scared demeanor, she didn't like life without any events. Usually. Mostly in the morning. She jumped up, and landed neatly on her front paws before her entire body landed, too, and smiled at Snowfeather again. "Of course I'll come! Starclan knows we need more to do in the mornings. I love hunting patrols, too!" Petalstorm wasn't really being completely honest, though she didn't notice, either. She didn't really love hunting, or think that there wasn't anything to do in the morning- she just disliked being bored. Something to occupy her constantly frantic mind calmed her, despite the additional risk of something that triggered a hysteria fit.

But something didn't connect. Snowfeather, of all people, was organizing a patrol? Like herself, the other she-cat was a young warrior. There was almost no chance that either of them would be chosen for anything important. Yes, they had both led a few patrols each, but organizing them was a bit out of their league. "Yeah, great! I'll come, too, of course! But... You're organizing the patrols? Really? Who told you to? Why isn't Cranewing commanding the clan right now? Actually, where is he?"

Snowfeather

Snowfeathers smile faded away, leaving her face serious. "It was Ivyclaw who told me to organize the patrol.. I honestly have no idea where Cranewing is.." She said, beginning to worry. It wasn't like the deputy to oversleep.... Hopefully nothing happened to him.... She looked up at Petalstorm. "Maybe we should ask Mistystar and see if she knows where he is."Snowfeather said, anxiousness edging her tone.

(I am so sorry ;-; The post was much better but my internet shut down when I was in the middle of typing it and I had to redo it. >_> So now it is much worse than before )

Petalstorm

Petalstorm frowned. "Ivyclaw? But he's an elder, right? I mean I understand that we have to respect our elders because they have lots of experience and served the clan well in their time, but Ivyclaw isn't even that old. He just retired because if injury, and it's usually just the leader, deputy, and oldest warriors that have a say in how the clan is run. I guess we should obey, though, since there aren't any other cats going on patrol and whatnot, but still... It's strange isn't it?" Petalstorm turned her head back nervously, and her tail twitched with an equally unsettled air. Now that she thought about it, it was true. Deputies had to be one of the first to wake, and she hadn't seen Cranewing all morning. Mistystar, too, was nowhere to be seen. Though, the gray leader might be in her den, so it was much less of an immediate worry.

"Yes, let's go see if Mistystar is in her den. There's enough chaos already, without cats, especially important ones, seeming to disappear." Petalstorm continued to fret, worry edging her expression. She didn't want to make noise so early in the morning, but she could feel a panic attack coming. She could only hold off her powerful emotions for so long every day.

[[i'll get colors in a moment.]]

Feathertail

Aspenfang was grown uncomfortable and drawing within himself. This distressed Feathertail and she promptly pressed her flank against his, purring to try and comfort him. "My love, please relax. Something has you on edge and I wish you would inform me instead of remaining in silence. You know it troubles me to see you like this for any reason," she stated softly, tail finding his and curling with it.

A little while later, Flechpelt returned with Smokeypaw(?) and a bundle of fur in his mouth, hurrying towards the Medicine Den. "I wonder what's happened?" Feathertail questioned in worry. But she didn't move, still pressing her side against Aspenfang's. There were already more than enough cats surrounding the den and she figured it smartest not to add to the confusion.

Ripplepaw and Barkpelt

Almost about the laugh at his sister's fumble in observation, he stopped short as she burst out about a new cat. Quickly, he got up and followed Moonpaw, darting into the Medicine Den and trying to catch a glimpse at the new arrival. Then, Fleckpelt was ordering the apprentices to leave and make themselves useful. "Moss! Right!" Again, he ran after his sister who soon questioned where to get some moss. Ivyclaw informed them about possibly finding some on trees and stones. Tail wagging, he beamed. "You'll help us?"

To be fair, Ripplepaw didn't believe they needed the help. In fact, he believed he could do it all on his own! But, he didn't want to leave Moonpaw behind and she didn't want to leave without a warrior's permission lest they get into trouble.

"I can always tag along." Barkpelt. Looking over, Ripplepaw was greeted by the aged warrior with a dip of his head. Barkpelt sat on his haunches briefly, glancing at Ivyclaw. "Your leg looks well," he said slowly, his words drawn out like they always were. "I guess we four can go. Moonpaw and Ripplepaw, you two can grab any moss you find." There wasn't really a way he could express his concern for Ivyclaw's apparent recovery without it sounding judgmental or harsh or something. He could hardly even kindly suggest going with the trio to provide extra help should anything go wrong and Ivyclaw's leg becomes crippled again.

"Okay! Let's go!" Ripplepaw remarked, touching Moonpaw's side with a paw before darting off towards the entrance. He was much smaller than the warriors and so they would easily catch up. This was evident as Barkpelt followed, quickly finding a calm pace that kept up with the eager apprentice.

Willowpaw

Noise and movement. A lot of noise and movement. Stirring from sleep, Willowpaw stretched out and yawned widely before shaking out her fur and rising to her paws. Her ears twitched and moved as she picked up various sounds caused by multiple conversations and commotions. Wanting to investigate, she bounced out of the Apprentice's Den and skidded to a stop at Thistlepaw's side. "What's going on?" she asked, thinking he had likely been watching everything going on in the camp.

Edited by Narvix

Snowfeather

Snowfeather lay her tail gently on Petalstorm. "I'm sure he's alright." She said, trying to soothe her. Petalstorm could be easy to worry, and she didn't want the other warrior to panic. With a small smile, she turned to find Mistystar, Petalstorm following her. She strode by Petalstorms side, thinking about Cranewing. I really hope nothing has happened....Petalstorm wouldn't be happy at all.... She thought with an inwardly grimace. Petalstorm was young like her, but she had some trust issues and could be really emotional.

Ivyclaw, Warrior/Elder

Ivyclaw watched Moonpaw, Ripplepaw, and Barkpelt pad off, and waved his tail in good-bye. You three can head on out without me, seeing you have enough. He meowed casually, sitting down to crane his neck, rasping his tongue gently over his shoulder fur. As he heard the voices of Snowfeather and Petalstorm, he raised his eyes, ears pricked. He heard them mention Cranewing, and decided that they hadn't heard the news. Rising to his paws, Ivyclaw approached the two younger cats with swift strides, feeling a bit hesitant. He knew allll about Petalstorm, and her crazy reactions, but someone had to tell her, didn't they? He didn't think Snowfeather would be effected much, as he had seen her mooning over his son for quite some time, and it made Ivyclaw rather protective and annoyed, as he loved his kits to bits.

You two haven't overheard yet, have you? I heard my offspring talking all about what happened to Cranewing, and I was running'bout when I heard Cranewing, Tallstorm, and Mistystar growling at each other. Cranewing's been banned for a moon, but I doubt it's not on purpose, I know Mistystar wouldn't ban someone over a tiny little feud. So don't go bothering her right now, I just talked, and she's really busy at the moment. He meowed to the two she-cats, slowly as he grew a tail-length away from them.

Songbreeze, Warrior, & Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Songbreeze blinked blankly at Stormpaw, noticing that her apprentice seemed to be itching to do something. Well, first off, we aren't here to groom ourselves, Stormpaw, you can do that on your own time. Secondly, we're hunting, not battle training or training in any sort of way, the Clan needs freshkill for the feast. The pale warrior meowed simply, nodding in approval to Smokeypaw as she caught sight of her catch. Songbreeze nodded to the two apprentices before entering a swift trot, heading towards the river. She overheard the news from Fleckpelt and Smokeypaw about the kit, and wanted to make sure the dogs were gone, and she was in the mood for a bit of fishing. Songbreeze narrowed her eyes down at Smokeypaw as she watched the apprentice gallop to her side, looking rather mischievous and ready to pick on someone. Smokeypaw's rabbit dangled in her jaws, though being small, she constantly tripped over it.

Sooooo... Smokeypaw began to a smug little smirk, narrowing her eyes up at Songbreeze, causing the she-cat to flinch. Whatcha thinking, you and my brother? How's your little relationship, cause he still has little feelings for yooouuu! I know you still glance at him with a little loving look, you moon over him quite often, and he moons over you t- Songbreeze silenced the gossiping apprentice with her tail, slapping it over her small mouth. The warrior was aware of how much Smokeypaw loved to gossip and blab, but she wasn't aware of her face slowly flushing a faint red hue.

Petalstorm

Without any words, Petalstorm turned and backed away from the cat that she had been speaking too. Quickly the she-cat turned and began to survey the camp. Apparently, she had been too busy with Snowfeather to notice Ivyclaw, or perhaps her brain had just shut off when the touch of information reached her delicate ears. Whatever it was, it was also a great fortune to the clan. Even if it was odd, and migh nibble at the couple other cats within earshot, all of Cloudclan was spared of Petalstorm's tortured shrieks. It appeared as if only Snowfeather had spoken. In fact, it was all Petalstorm reacted to. But indeed, Ivyclaw had poked into the younger she-cats' conversation. But, it was like his words were the wind. Unnoticed and of no real significance.

Petalstorm turned away from the rest of camp, and focused only on Snowfeather. Still, it was like Ivyclaw had no presence in the hollow, and remained unseen. "There are a few cats who seem free, and not half-asleep. Who do you want to ask to go with us? Or should it be a private hunting trip? There does seem to be quite a commotion around the medicine cats' den, so taking a few apprentices out would be good, but then again, whatever's happening might need some cats to help out and the younger ones might be unwilling to leave."

Icefall

Icefall blinked. How was she supposed to reply to such a stream of answers and statements? Not that they weren't all good questions. "I slept fine, thank you." Birchfall didn't looked like she had slept very well. Unfortunate, given that they would be needing all of the strength they could get for the journey, but everyone was having difficulty sticking to schedules. She herself was doing her best, but it was more like she was hunting and patrolling for as long as she could each day, rather than sticking to a schedule. It was more motivation to find out what was wrong with the clouds and fix it, though with everything else that was wrong they didn't really need any more.

"They should wake up soon," Icefall said. From the looks of it, most cats were awake already. "If they don't, I'll go wake them up. We should leave as soon as possible." The sooner they left, the farther they could get on the first day. Icefall knew that it wouldn't make much of a difference, but she was tired of the clouds and was anxious to leave.

Out of the corner of her eye, Icefall saw a cat running. She automatically turned her head in that direction, not expecting to see anything of interest. To her surprise, she saw Fleckpelt carrying an unfamiliar kit. What was going on? Her fur bristled slightly, but she flattened it. The kit obviously wasn't a threat. It didn't look dead, so it was probably injured. The Warrior Code did say to protect kits, though Icefall hoped that they didn't use too many herbs on the kit. "It looks like Fleckpelt found an injured loner. I wonder if she'll stay? We already have too many apprentices." Apprentices were good, but not when there were so many. Almost half of the Warriors had apprentices now, and the apprentice den was probably getting a bit crowded. Though, Willowpaw and Thistlepaw would be warriors soon, so another apprentice wouldn't be too horrible.

Marshflight

Still deep in sleep, Marshflight didn't notice Fleckpelt calling for him and Sagepaw at first. As cats continued to talk, he woke up, confused. What's going on? There was the scent of an unfamiliar cat in his den. A kit, maybe. There was a bit of blood, too. Shocked by the realization, Marshflight snapped awake and stood up. Who was hurt? It was probably serious and bad, and he hadn't woken up in time! His fur thick fur puffed up as he looked around the den. Sagepaw was awake; that was very good. Fleckpelt was there as well, with the strange kit. She had to be the injured one. Slowly, Marshflight calmed down. She looked scared, hungry, and cold, but she wasn't bleeding to death or anything.

He listened to Fleckpelt's story. Chased by dogs? The kit didn't have any obvious wounds, but she would be tired. She could have injured paws as well. "Fleckpelt, could you please grab her something to eat?" he asked. He noticed that Fleckpelt had scraped his shoulder, but it didn't look bad enough to become infected. Marshflight would check once the kitten was taken care of. "Are you okay?" he said gently. She probably didn't like all of the questions, but asking questions was often the best way to find out what injuries a cat had.

Birchpelt

Birchpelt struggled to push a purr out of her stiff, tired throat, but the supposedly soft sound caught in her throat and came out ragged, like a mild choke or growl. Wincing both in embarrassment and pain the gray she cat continued on, attempting to reply to Icefall as if nothing had happened. "That good, very good. How much land do you think we can make today? I expect that it will be many days' journey, perhaps a dozen or so if we are swift. The smoke is thick, and even if it had incredible roots, it would be much more diluted after too long of a journey. Of course, it might just be the combination of wind and another large gray cloud that has been collecting for a long time, but I cannot judge without any experience." She yawned, bringing a slimy substance to the edge of her eyes. And then she yawned again, only able to briefly wonder if her own tiredness would spread onto the cats around her and cause the entire clan to begin taking deep breaths to suppress the urge for more air.

Though she was facing Icefall, she wasn't focusing on her old mentor. Even if she was trying to, her efforts would be quite useless. Her eyes were bleary, and her tired mind was still frantically processing everything else the older warrior had said, and though mere moments ago, the desperate whir of her thoughts made it seem much longer. Finally, after only a couple heartbeats, she stammered, "Yes! Yes, of course." Upon realizing how utterly unrelated her statements could have seemed, though, she hastily added, "Yes, the others should be awake soon, if not already. And we should set off soon, for a bit if extra time. Although, Mistsytar might want to send us on our way. Perhaps we should wait. And yes, there does seem to be something buzzing around the Marshflight's den. But it would do no good to overcrowd them." Deciding that she had addressed everything necessary, Birchpelt turned to stare at the ground, trying to gather herself as she waited for Icefall's responses. Quickly, though, she looked up and glanced at the stuffed aforementioned den. Yes, there was definitely something somewhat important happening. But, if it was truly vital, Mistystar would have returned instantly. And really, Icefall's guess that it was some young loner was likely not far off.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Ivyclaw, Warrior/Elder

Twitching his ear in annoyance, Ivyclaw turned away from Petalstorm. Fine them, your royal arrogance. You'll find out yourself, and don't make me say 'I told you so'. Ivyclaw meowed in a rather nonchalant voice, padding away from the two she-cats, his eyes focused on the nothingness that lay ahead of him. He could slightly hear Birchpetal and Icefall in the distance, but couldn't understand their conversation, as they were just out of earshot. Ivyclaw's ear angled towards the Medicine Cat Den, hearing the quiet and faint voices inside. The warrior/elder didn't feel like he had much to do, but an idea came into his mind, the idea being: clean his old den. Ivyclaw turned towards the Elder's den and slowly marched inside, breathing in its faint, old scent. The tom gently lowered his head, gripping a piece of old moss before placing it in a pile. He did this until his old nest disappeared, and after that, he took the pile apart, piece by piece, transferring the old, stale moss to the wilderness outside of camp.

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Fleckpelt was pleased to see Marshflight awake, knowing that the kit was now in even safer paws. He dipped his head in acknowledgement to the Medicine Cat before listening intently to his words. Alright, I'm on it. Fleckpelt meowed softly before turning away from the three, ducking out of the Medicine Cat Den and trotting to the slowly-shrinking freshkill pile. But what would a loner kit eat...? Picking through the pile of gray and brown bodies, Fleckpelt eventually plucked out a rather plump gray mouse, nodding at it with a pleased look. He himself still felt a bit hungry, but Fleckpelt reminded himself that others needed to eat as well, especially those who were hunting at the moment, if they hadn't already eaten. Fleckpelt continued to study the deceased creature, to make sure it was fresh, and not left overs from days before, and it was fresh. The very scent of its deliciousness made Fleckpelt's mouth water, but he made sure not to reveal his craving to eat. He reminded himself of his current task, to make sure he kept his mind off his stomach.

Certainly she'd eat this, I'd give her a rabbit, as it is the usual choice for a Cloudclan cat, but I don't think a kit could eat such a thing...The mouse will do, hopefully. Fleckpelt concluded, lowering his head to pick up the mouse before trotted back into the Medicine Cat den, his tail brushing against the sides of it as he padded around. Carefully picking his way through empty moss-nests, Fleckpelt made his way over to the kit, Marshflight, and Sagepaw. He placed the mouse at the kit's paws with a rather curt nod, his gaze only revealing that he was feeling content.

((Ayye, sorry Narvix, I keep forgetting Aspenfang! x3))

Aspenfang, Warrior

The warrior flinched slightly at the touch of his mate, still feeling cold deep down inside, though he tried to thaw it with the thought of Feathertail's warmth and care. It didn't work too well, but Aspenfang was slowly feeling a bit better. ...I just can't stand other toms around you, Feathertail, you know I don't like it. I-I just....- Aspenfang began, removing his gaze from his mate once more, concentrating on something non-existent in the distance, the complete opposite side of his mate. He couldn't stand looking at her, being sweet and calm...Aspenfang was trying to keep himself firm and strong, and keep his anger to show he was the boss....But it wasn't working, it never worked with Feathertail. ...I-I just don't wanna lose you. He finished rather quickly, placing his ears back once more, though he didn't move from his mate's side.

Edited by 20mia08

Rose

All of the cats hustling around her began to unnerve Rose. She wasn't used to more than two cats being around her. She looked for a place to hide just as she was picked up and moved. The change helped ease her anxiety as Fleckpelt shooed the other cats away. When he returned with the mouse and put it at her paws, her stomach rumbled once more, this time loud enough that she cringed. Thank you, my name is Rose. My parents were escaping some dogs but they failed....we never belonged to any human. They knew you lived here, that's why we stayed outside your territory and they told me to never come close. I wasn't even allowed to know your scent. Smelling the mouse Rose took bite, chewing it, her hunger kicked it and she devoured it. When she was finished her belly was full, but her fur was still a matted mess.

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw stood up slowly and wiggled upright, until he was in a stretched standing position, low to the ground. Widening his mouth, he let loose a massive yawn. He rightened himself, after, feeling positively refreshed, though still a bit stiff. Turning slowly to Willowpaw, he stared for a moment before figuring out who she was. "I dunno. Something. I don't think anything else is happening, so I guess we could go check it out. If they don't want us there, they'll kick us out, anyways." Drowsily, he swept his gaze around camp, seeking something to do. It was a quiet morning, despite the majority of Cloudclan being awake. Yet, there wasn't much happening, other than the commotion by the medicine cats' den. Wandering blearily around, he aimed himself towards the place that numerous cats had been shooed out of, hoping to get a peek of what was happening. The entrance was no longer obscured by furry bodies, but still, the distance made it quite difficult to see. Slowly, he trotted closer, until his head was barely poking into the den.

((Sorry, short, but I needed to start a planned interaction and there's nothing much to respond to as a result.))

Edited by KoalaNoob

Rose

Hearing a new sound of paws she looked over to see who else had came to investigate her presence here. She saw a kit that looked around the same age as her and bounded over to it in excitement. Finally someone my age! Rose came to a skidding halt in front of the cat and flicked her whiskers and tail in anxious excitement, hoping she hadn't frightened the investigator with her exuberance. Hi! I'm Rose! How old are you?

((Sorry for being short as well))

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna