KoalaNoob

Cloudclan

Mistystar

Her tone low, but retaining the same formal demeanour, she replied to Sagepaw, rather quietly. "Good. Keep your pawsteps quiet, we don't want to attract more attention than is necessary. Do you think in the highledge tunnel would be a good spot? Or somewhere else?" Without so much as glancing back at Sagepaw, Mistystar strode out of the camp with quick, neat steps, leaving the smaller she-cat to scurry after her. She didn't wait for a response, either. Merely expecting the medicine cat apprentice to follow, she walked out if camp, then buried herself into a large, leafy bush. Quickly, she cleared away some dirt and leaves, then entered the tunnel head-first. The declining trail was quite steep, and she slowed herself to plant each paw more firmly into the soil as not to slip and go tumbling down, but resumed her quick pace as soon she reached a flatter portion. Soon, though, when she arrived in a spot she knew was around the tunnel's center, she stopped and sat down, waiting for Sagepaw to join her.

((Short, sorry.))

Sagepaw

Sagepaw found herself racing to catch up with Mistystar. The leader asked her several questions, but left, giving her no time to reply. She tried to stay as quiet as possible, but her leader was leaving her behind. She exited camp and saw her paw away dirt and leaves near a bush before disappearing into the earth. It must be a tunnel! Sagepaw thought as she gingerly sniffed it. The figure of her leader was already gone in the darkness so she had to hurry. The apprentice stepped downwards, before carefully moving down, the dirt below her paws shifting every time she took a step.

She paused, hearing her leader up closer than before. Sagepaw steadied herself before continuing down, hurrying herself up a bit. When her paws hit flatter ground, she sighed with relief before continuing forward. Her leader's eyes shone in the darkness as she padded forward before sitting down. It must be a network of tunnels underneath the clan territory! Or the rabbit burrows, it must be one of them, she thought.

(('Nother short post, yay!))

Edited by Tiga

Stormpaw

Stormpaw looked down guiltily, nodding his head respectively towards Fleckpelt. "Sorry!" He chimed along with Moonpaw. He hadn't meant to be so disruptive, and he was sincere with his apology. He looked at Moonpaw, then padded to the Apprentices Den, suddenly tired. He curled up near the entrance, wanting to go to sleep quickly. He yawned and stretched out, sprawling on the floor and falling asleep.

Mistystar

Mistystar turned to face Sagepaw when she heard the apprentice's soft pawsteps approach her, staring analytically at the medicine cat apprentice's small face. She could easily tell that the younger cat was intrigued and mystified by the odd tunnel in Cloudclan's territory, something that she hadn't known about before- very few did. The leader's eyes glowed with an indescribable light, which only added to the strange expression she wore. She stared motionless lot until Sagepaw sat, then lowered herself as well.

Her pose regal and proud, she addressed the Sagepaw with a flat tone. "I assume you no not of this tunnel? It is one of many secrets here, but this one isn't really too important... Every warrior knows of it, it is only a mystery to apprentices like yourself. But please, know that what we say here is not to be repeated, ever. There are better places to share hidden information, but you are not of age or wisdom to gain access to them. This is the best I can do. Are you ready? I assume you already know what this is partially about."

Sagepaw

Listened to her leader, her ears pricked up high with curiosity. Of course she didn't know what this place was, it was for warriors only. Taking a quick whiff of the stale air, she could make out the stale scents of other warriors here. All of a sudden it came crashing down on her. Sagepaw was lead here for something serious, to Mistystar's words no apprentice knew of this place except for her.

Taking a deep breath, Sagepaw nodded. "I'm ready Mistystar. I won't tell any cat about what is going to happen," she vowed. She carefully chose her words, it seemed like she had to. This was strange for her, she had a little thought about what would this be about. However she still had no clue.

Mistystar

Her whispered twitched in mild amusement to Sagepaw's absolute seriousness, though the lightness wasn't reflected anywhere else on Mistystar. Her tail flicked about, apparently not wanting to stay still with the rest of its owner's body, but it was quickly pushed downwards, into the soil and dirt of the tunnel. Still, though, it shuffled around, pushing a few crumbs of earth to-and-fro- but only a little. The cavernous tunnel was solidly built, and each part of the walls, ceiling and ground had been carefully compressed to ensure a minimal chance of collapse. "You don't have to be quite so careful about this, Sagepaw. It is important, yes, but not something to guard with your life. Really, I'm only so concerned to prevent my leadership from being questioned.

"You must be aware of Cranewing's temporary banishment; we were quite loud. Find him. I am only sending three on this quest. The last spot is reserved for him. Do you understand?"

Edited by KoalaNoob

Sagepaw

She relaxed her body, but her ears were still perked up high.

"You must be aware of Cranewing's temporary banishment; we were quite loud. Find him. I am only sending three on this quest. The last spot is reserved for him. Do you understand?"

Sagepaw paused in her breathing to take in the information. "So he is on the journey? Do I find him now or in the morning when we leave?" She asked. She wanted to rush out more questions, this was so unexpected. This was like the old Mistystar, still thinking about her childhood friend.

Then she realized the deeper meaning of it all. Since Cranewing was banished for a moon, would it mean the journey would take a moon? What about her mentor? Marshflight needed her, the clan needed her. Nightwing would have her kits born already when she would return, they would need her to help.

The words buzzed in her mind but she pressed them away to finally look at her leader in the eyes.

Mistystar

Mistystar's entire expression hardened again, like stone, and her body stopped loosening immediately, quickly stiffening as it did so. Sagepaw, the apprentice she had always considered the most mature, apparently wasn't too much ahead if the others. She, too, was descending into a torrent if excited questions, something she had thought the young cat wouldn't do- she had been selected because of her gentler nature and increased likelihood to accept everything the leader said without any negative response. Though Mistystar was glad Sagepaw was being relatively easy to deal with, and in a way, use, the leanly muscled cat was growing frustrated with the questions with excessive speed, despite the inquiries being quite limited. "He might not join you at all. I merely sent him away with the hint that he could do whatever he wished without entering our territory, including joining the journeying cats if he could convince them. I believe he will attempt this, and I need you to convince the others. Do you understand?" Her eyes met Sagepaw's steady and unblinking. If the medicine cat apprentice accepted, she would lead them both out without another heartbeat, but she doubted that would be the result. She gritted her teeth as she impatiently awaited an answer.

Cranewing, Deputy

The deputy watched Tallstorm leave, dipping his head in respect for the older warrior. After he left, the deputy turned, taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly. It was too late to travel much further, especially if he wanted to catch the leaving patrol. Cranewing gazed around for a bush, and found a suitable one. Just before he was fully inside, the strong scent of rogue hit his nose, as well as a scratch. Yowling in surprise, Cranewing backed away, an oddly colored black tom rising to his paw in a fury, hissing in anger and arching his back. He was small and scrawny, and pretty well-scarred, obviously a rogue. Cranewing arched his back in response, causing the tom to shrink back and fear, and race away at top speed. With a loud growl, Cranewing took off after the tom, remembering his scent. This rogue had been trespassing for quite some time now, and he was ready to drive him off. His paws thundering against the ground, Cranewing pursued, eventually leaping and landing on the tom, causing him to yelp in surprise and roll with the deputy. Cranewing pinned the tom on his back, but he squirmed out of his grip, fleeing at top speed. He neared the river, Cranewing pursuing once more, until something sank into his paw-pad, causing the deputy to cry out in pain and fall to the ground. He watched the black-and-silver tom approach the river, and with a long, graceful leap, jump into the water...Like a Cloudclan cat. The deputy gazed at his paw, expecting to see a thorn, but gasped in surprise as he noticed something else...A quill.

H-hey, come back! The deputy responded, but the rogue continued to swim. He had to tell his clan, he had to inform them...But he couldn't.

Petalstorm

Petalstorm, standing in the shadows in the edge of camp, yawned, not particularly tired but enjoying the flow of air the larger breath granted. And then, just a few heartbeats after the first, a second yawn came. And then a third, and a fourth and a fifth and a sixth. The young warrior felt terribly embarrassed from her lack of self control, and her head drooped in mortification. She held back the next yawn with all her will, bringing salty tears to her eyes as a result. She winced, then blinked rapidly to clear away the liquid. When she decided that she had collected herself enough for others to see, she cautiously stepped out of the darker areas she had hidden herself in.

She squeaked fearfully as she felt something drop on her back, and she whirled around to make sure there wasn't an attacker tailing her. Upon seeing nothing, Petalstorm pushed it off as her imagination, or maybe an insect before she nervously continued to the clearing, unable to shake her terror. And then, the idea of a broken or fractured bone entered her head, and she dissolved into a panic attack, whimpering as she collapsed dramatically. As soon as she hit the ground, she felt her legs grow numb and weak. With a quiet, soft voice, she murmured "Help! Please, someone, help! Please?" Her voice was filled with impressive amounts of desperation for the whispering tone, but her form remained sprawled helplessly on the ground, which was, of course, rather pathetic.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Fleckpelt, Warrior

The cries of Petalstorm caused Fleckpelt to grunt in annoyance. Rising to his paws and shaking out his pelt, the black-and-silver tom approached Petalstorm with a simple flick of his tail. Was this just an act for attention? Nothing seemed to be wrong. What's wrong? This better not be something you're worrying about, Cranewing's gone and- Fleckpelt stopped himself, knowing that that situation would likely cause Petalstorm to fret even more. To him, she always seemed to be a little worry-wort. Shaking his head slowly, Fleckpelt waited for Petalstorm's response, hoping it wouldn't be as dramatic as the scene she was making.

Moonpaw pouted for a short while after Fleckpelt told her to go to bed and not worry about what was going on with Mistystar and Cranewing. She didn't want to do that, she wanted to know what was going on! Her head shot up and her ears pricked forward when Mistystar briefly stepped into the clearing, but before she could say anything to the leader she disappeared into the brush with Sagepaw in tow, and the younger apprentice knew that even if she followed them - which she knew would make Mistystar upset - she wouldn't be able to catch up.

Instead, she turned around and went back into the den, a little upset that she hadn't been able to learn what was going on, and curled up next to Stormpaw. Their rowdy game of tag had tired her out somewhat, and even though she didn't feel tired when she first laid down she felt herself drifting off to sleep before too long.

Sagepaw

She silenced herself feeling the irritation from her leader's pelt. "Apologies Mistystar, it's just a sudden piece of information. I understand what you mean, but what happens if he doesn't try to join us? Will we just continue with three cats or go back to camp for a forth?"

Sagepaw hoped the two questions would be reasonable and wouldn't drive the leader crazy. If Mistystar really wanted Cranewing to go on the journey, she wouldmof just gotten him to join the group of cats then to exile him away for a moon. Her eyes snapped back to her leader, seeing how she was watching her with the same stoney expression from before. She paused before returning the look, although it wasn't harder but it showed that she was up for the task.

Mistystar

She remained stony, quite annoyed by the inquiries from Sageoaw that she which she found to have quite obvious answers. Impatiently, she allowed her tail to thrash about, glad fro the tunnel's sturdy stability and tough, worn down passages. Still, though, she was wary of any unexpected collapse, and quickly turned around to make sure there were no noticeable dents or cracks in the compact soil. She was only mildly gladdened when she saw that the dirt had remained as flat as stone, and turned back to the medicine cat apprentice.

Her tail still thumping about behind her, seemingly with no bodily control, Mistystar spoke. Her voice was slow and each word was separated, as though she were speaking to a very young child who couldn't comprehend anything more complex than eating and sleeping. "Of course, you will not wander around to wait for a cat who you have no confirmation on. Of course, you do not return, heads hung in shame. You will continue. Starclan's prophecy speaks of four cats. If Cranewing fails you, then he can be the one to spell our doom. Of course, our ancestors should have accommodated for this. They will send someone to join you. Is there anything else?"

Sagepaw

Slightly offended by the way Mistystar spoke to her but she kept her jaw shut firmly until she finished. She dipped her head respectfully to her leader. "I understand fully now, Mistystar, thank you," Sagepaw said, a small ounce of irritation creeping into her voice. She was tired and was stuck underground, and she had to leave tomorrow at the break of dawn. She flicked her tail in the unseen dark as she shuffled her paws awkwardly. She didn't know where the exit was.

((Derpily short post >.<))

Mistystar

Staring almost dumbfoundedly at Sagepaw, her eyes narrowed and she hissed her next words at the medicine cat apprentice, barely able to control her temper through gritted teeth. "Retrace your steps to leave. It's quite simple, really, most apprentices learn it on their first day of training. Alternatively, you could continue on until you find a way out, there are no branching paths that you'll see and be mislead by. Although, you'll have to climb down a ledge if choose to continue. I'm leaving the other way; good night." Without any hesitation, Mistystar turned and left in an odd galloping way, through the lightless tunnels. He pas echoed in the small pathways, but barely so. Despite the worn, hard condition do the soil, it still retained its normal soft texture.

Soon, she was back outside, and she squeezed herself out under the bush as to not have too many leaves and branches get caught on her long fur. Silently, and without looking back, Mistystar trotted back towards camp as if she had never brought Sagepaw to the tunnel. She arrived at the cliff that hung over Cloudclan's camp, and ran to the slope that led downhill, rushing down and back into camp as soon as she was able to.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Cranewing, Deputy

Cranewing grumbled, rising to his paws and shaking dirt from his pelt, scowling down at the object lodged in his paw. He watched the rogue leap out of the water and flee at top speed, not looking back at the deputy. Cranewing raised his paw, shaking it gingerly before pulling the quill from his paw. Should he go back and inform his Clan? No. The leader's word was law, and Mistystar specifically ordered him not to return until his banishment was up. Shaking his head slowly, Cranewing dug a hole and buried the quill, his paws patting the dirt once he finished. He gazed around, his ears pricked with alertness, and his green eyes slowly adjusting to the dark.

I ought a find myself a place to spend the night...But I should keep a look out first, make sure he doesn't return...Not like it matters, he wouldn't dare challenge me, besides, we're likely to run into him tomorrow. The deputy thought, grooming his pelt until it was sleek and soft. With a yawn, Cranewing gazed around, scenting the air. The scent of Sagepaw and Mistystar drifted towards him, quite faint though. They're far away...This wind must've brought their scent...I bet they're talking in the tunnels! I remember my first time down there, I think Mistystar was with me that day. He thought, a slight purr rumbling in his throat as he thought of his kithood. Cranewing then shook his head, removing the thought of his adopted sibling, because as of now, she wasn't too pleased with him...Or did she just feel bad for him? He doubted it. Then the thought of Petalstorm came to his mind, making him shiver slightly, wondering what she would do...Probably worry away, of course. What about Smokeypaw, his little follower? Cranewing frowned at the thought, closing his eyes. He prayed to StarClan that his Clanmates would be fine without him, mentally and physically.

((Mentally as in thoughts and feelings, such as friendship and arguments, and physically as in staying healthy and not running into physical problems like battles. wink.gif ))

Sagepaw

With the words still stinging her mind, she turned and started walking around the cavern hole or whatever she was in. She found the gap where she entered and heaved herself into the whole. It was hard to get a grip on the shifting dirt but she managed to scramble her way up. After it seemed like she was going the wrong way, her pushed against the top of some leaves. The dark light of the night peeked through as she pushed herself out of the tunnel.

Shaking her pelt off the dirt, she hoped it didn't look like she went somewhere secret. Sagepaw sighed before wearily walking towards camp. She caught the faint scent of Cranewing but she didn't think twice about it. She pushed through the entrance of the camp and headed straight for the medicine cat's den. She didn't care about how much noise she made as she curled dup in her nest and soon fell asleep. She had to get Cranewing on the journey, or else the quest might fail.

Petalstorm

The imaginary aches and numbness instantly vanished from Petalstorm's mind, and her legs snapped upright. She gasped in terror, then squeezed her eyes shut and scrunched up her face before shrieking shrilly and collapsing again. She covered her face with her front paws, digging them in and rubbing her eyes frantically. Between her frantic - and very real - displays, she managed to wheeze out, in a nasally voice unlike her normal one, "Cranewing is... Gone?! You liar, what do you mean?!" She didn't pause to consider that the other warrior was lying, or that Cranewing was just on an evening walk. Her beloved Cranewing was gone and that was all that mattered.

She lifted her head up, crouched into a furious battle stance. The fur on her face and muzzle was mangled, a mess of thin, hairy tendrils rubbed every which way. "Where is he?! It's your fault!" She screamed furiously at Fleckpelt, and hissed viciously. Her deputy was not allowed to disappear, and she would tear whoever had taken him away to bits- even her family.

((I think she's one of my fav. characters already, Koala...Her personality is very amusing. x3))

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Stepping back with his fur fluffed slightly, Fleckpelt pushed his ears back, gazing at the she-cat in utter confusion. Great, now he'd done it, he had to mention Cranewing. For StarClan's sake...- Fleckpelt began, cutting himself off with a series of mumbling. He had to admit, he found it amusing, the way Petalstorm loved Cranewing so much...The look that always came across the deputy's face, as if he didn't even know what the word "love" meant. Look, he left camp, and is leaving our territory after a banishment. Keep your fur on, he's allowed to join the journeying cats, and may return safely. For all we know, this could all be a prank...Though it didn't sound like it. Growled Fleckpelt sharply, narrowing his gaze at the dramatic she-cat.

Ivyclaw, Elder

Ivyclaw shifted where he sat, his daughter lying next to him, her body pressed up against his as she breathed heavily and angrily. She was slowly chilling-out, and her eye-lids were starting to droop. Once she let out a heavy, tired sigh, Ivyclaw remained by her for a few moments before rising to his paws, letting his daughter's head gently slump onto his nest. Shaking out each leg, Ivyclaw exited the elder's den, and sat in the center of camp with his ears pricked, awaiting Mistystar's return. Once she did, he'd ask her once more about coming out of retirement. The Clan would need some help, since they would be losing quite a few cats, including the deputy.

Edited by 20mia08

Petalstorm

Petalstorm hopped back slightly in shock, her limbs no longer listening to her body. Her legs felt stiff and uncontrollable, and her eyes widened in terror against her will. For once, she wanted to be strong. For once, she wanted to be brave. For once, she wanted to stand her ground, fall to nothing and fight her way to victory for her loved one. It was only the second time she had ever wanted to be courageous. And once, she had succeeded. But not this time. Her usual habits of tricking herself into terror did not apply themselves. She struggled against the weight if her world crashing down, shattering around her feet. "He's not leaving, you liar! He's not banished! He- he just went on a night hunting trip to get more food for the clan! And he's not going on the journey either! He's smarter than to go on a suicide mission!" As if Fleckpelt was a beast with toxic fur and claws, Petalstorm slowly backed away from him, hissing as she did so. "How dare you lie to me? How dare you?!"

Whipping around, she turned to race away, but found herself cornered against the edge of camp. "Are you going to make me missing too? Or banished? How could you try to impersonate Mistystar? You won't make it to Starclan, I swear!"

Edited by KoalaNoob

Willowpaw

She grinned as her father “encouraged” her and Thistlepaw to go ahead and show off what they had learned. However, Thistlepaw was already running. ”Wait! No fair!” Willowpaw shouted, sprinting after her brother. Oddly, he broke into a fit of laughter, giving her the chance to catch up. Her pelt brushed his, muscles rippling and feeling his own work with each bound forward. For a moment, she held the lead by a few twitches of the nose.

Like her brother, she was laughing, even when he pulled that much ahead of her once he was done with his fit. Yet again, though, he started laughing and even tumbled to the ground just before the river. Surprised, she twisted her head to look at her brother, momentum launching her into the cool water. Gasping, she clamped her muzzle shut tightly and took a few heartbeats to orient herself. Once she knew which way was up, she kicked her legs and pushed her head above the surface of the water.

Continuing to move, she stepped out of the river and quickly shook off excess droplets from her fur, looking at her brother a moment later. ”Crazy fur-ball! What’s got you so hysterical?” Willowpaw laughed, gently placing wet forepaws on her brother’s shoulder. ”I won this time but we can have a rematch if you feel your laughing made things unfair!” she boasted, tail wagging happily. Looking up and over at their parents, she smiled brightly. ”You guys see that? I outran Thistlepaw!” Now, if only her dive into the river had been more graceful….

Feathertail

Feeling Aspenfang’s flank brush against hers, Feathertail purred softly. Amusement filled her gaze as she walked beside her mate, watching their kits run ahead towards the river. Gradually, she picked up her pace until she was trotting, her tail stroking along Aspenfang’s back to coax him into keeping pace. Or, perhaps it was a middle challenge or invite for him to give chase. Being coy wasn’t always her strong suit. However, once in awhile, she indulged in being playful.

At her present speed, she spotted the apprentices as they reached the river; Thistlepaw tripped and Willowpaw splashed into the water. It was amusing to hear the laughter but faintly worrying to see her offspring stumble so. A moment later, Willowpaw came back into sight and stepped onto dry ground, calling to her parents. ”Yes, you were very fast my dear,” Feathertail purred, licking her daughter’s ear when she had caught up to her children. ”I had a hard time keeping track of you! And your swimming! Very… unique!” Her daughter’s embarrassed expression made the white feline mrrow in laughter, tail touching the apprentice’s nose in reassurance.

Looking down at Thistlepaw, she sat on her haunches and touched her nose to the back of his neck. ”Are you alright, darling? You aren’t hurt?” A glance at Willowpaw and her daughter removed her paws from her brother’s shoulder, forepaws using the ground for support instead.

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Fleckpelt let out a frustrated hiss, lashing his tail at Petalstorm with an angry glare. Fine then, don't believe me! Don't go freaking out when Cranewing doesn't return tomorrow, or the next day, or the days after that, until his time is up!Snapped Fleckpelt, turning tail and stomping away. He ignored the frightened and curious glances of his Clanmates, for he was too annoyed at the moment. Him, impersonate Mistystar?! Hah! With a loud snort, Fleckpelt padded into the Warrior's den, his fur still fluffed as he sat down with a loud fun, briskly licking his fur angrily. His fur flattened slightly with every stroke of his tongue, but it remained slightly spiked, his tail tip twitching as he sat.

Aspenfang, Warrior

A smile grew on Aspenfang's face as his mate rubbed her tail against his coat. His paws tingled with challenge, itching to race off beside Feathertail and race her, but he kept a steady pace, matching her strides. When they reached their kits, amusement flashed in the bengal tom's gaze, watching his daughter "gracefully" leap into the water. I give you a ten for the run, but a four for the dive. The warrior mused, sitting down beside the water's edge as he gazed at his family. Aspenfang was happy that his family didn't have to go on the dangerous journey, for he feared the worse. Of course, he cared for his other Clanmates, but to him, his family was still more important.

Now....Watch, and learn. Aspenfang meowed coolly, rising to his paws and stretching out his stocky legs, a confident mood gleaming in his eyes as they reflected the faint moonlight. He turned, looking at his mate and opened his mouth, before slipping into the water with a grunt of surprise. He quickly struggled to the surface, his eyes wide as his head bobbed up-and-down on the surface, quickly paddling to the bank of the river. Once his paws touched the rocky bottom, he leaped out of he water, shaking the cool, silver droplets from his now soggy pelt.

Mistystar

After striding into camp, Mistystar quickly retreated to her den. She felt the soft lichen brush against her own soft fur as she pushed it out of the way, and then the greenery swept back in place as she passed. Padding across the cold stone floor, she settled into her nest to sleep for the night. But she was stopped by a burr she felt in the moss, and quickly had to step up to pull it out. Carefully, she lowered her muzzle to clamp her teeth against the thorn, and yanked it out of her bedding before flinging it aside. Satisfied, she lowered herself back into the nest and curled up. Closing her eyes, she was soon fast asleep.

Edited by KoalaNoob

((Guess I'll just post))

Cranewing, Deputy

Cranewing had found a bush with enough room to sleep under, and had been sleeping there. His flank rose and fell slowly, until the teeth-chattering of happy rabbits awoke him. He grunted softly, slowly opening his eyes and slinking out from underneath the bush, gazing up at the sky. It was a pale creamy-blue shade, meaning that it was dawn. The moon was no-where in sight, but the tip of the rising sun was faintly visible. Cranewing let out a yawn, watching the nearby rabbits flee, making his stomach growl, but he did not dare pursue the fuzzy creatures, he knew Mistystar wouldn't be pleased having him hunt on her territory. He tasted the air, trying to scent nearby cats, but scented non. The group hasn't set out yet then. Mistystar will probably talk to them in the morning, and hopefully my replacement will be wise enough to send out a Dawn Patrol. Fleckpelt reported the fox to me yesterday. He thought, ducking back under the bush to groom his soft belly fur. Cranewing's ears were pricked, alert to any sounds in the distance.