KoalaNoob

Cloudclan

Snowfeather

Snowfeather half-opened her eyes, the brightness of the rising sun waking her. She slowly got up, letting out a yawn as she did so. She looked around, noticing she was one of the first cats to awaken. She stretched out, careful to be quiet and not wake everyone. She strode out of the den, a fresh breeze blowing against her as she exited the shelter. She smiled softly, and sat down where she was. Snowfeather licked the knots out of her fur, making it smooth and sleek. She then looked up, wondering when the dawn patrol would be sent out.

Duskflame

Duskflame opened his eyes as Snowfeather got up. The tom hadn't slept well, and he was in one of his worst moods. He stay where he was, watching her leave the den. Duskflame got up quickly, shaking himself and padding out after her. "Why do we always get up so early?" He grumbled to himself. Duskflame strode past Snowfeather and flicked his tail against her, showing his annoyance. He gave her a glare as he walked past, then turned his head quickly away. He sat down a distance away from her, staring off into the distance.

(I suppose I will have to wait for Goldenheart, until she is accepted :3 or at least put into he accepted )

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Fleckpelt stretched out as he awoke, his flecked pelt sleek and well-groomed, as usual. He gazed at Songbreeze, finding her sleeping, and found himself purring as he watched. Shaking his head slowly, Fleckpelt rose to his paws, gazing around outside and spotting his sister's tiny body in the Elder's den. He sauntered into the den, finding his sister still asleep, and sighing softly. He would awake her later, and take her out to train. With a simple flick of his tail, Fleckpelt exited the Elder's den, and gazed around camp, his belly growling in hunger like a wild dog. His gaze drifted to the few pieces of prey in the fresh kill pile, but shook his head, trying to ignore the hunger in his stomach. Fleckpelt paced a bit, waking for his sister, father, and Mistystar to awake. He wanted to know more about this journey, though he didn't want to go on it. He wanted to make sure his clanmates were safe, and would return from the journey alive.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw gasped for breath as his laughing fit came to an end, his lungs heaving for air. He scrambled back to his feet when he had sufficient oxygen, then ran to the water and plunged in as well. Unlike Willowpaw and his father, he didn't sprint towards the river, and as a result, managed to jump in with far more grace than his family. His thickest body splashed into the water, sinking for a few heartbeats before it bobbed back up, paddling steadily in the slow current. Grinning cheekily and Willowpaw and Aspenfang, he pulled himself out and shook his fur dry. Thankful for the overload of fish that had kept his coat slick and un-absorbent, he ran towards his mother and pounced upon her, his smaller body clinging to her pelt with large paws.

"Yup, I'm fine! I was just... Uh... Laughing at how funny laughing was? I'm not sure, actually. It was funny, though." Then, he yawned, legitimately tired after being worn out by a long sprint. He wondered if his yawning was spread to his family, but quickly, he yawned again- apparently, yawns were even contagious to yourself. "Mom, I'm really tired now. Can we go back? I think we all need sleep." He glanced at Willowpaw shiftily. "Especially Willowpaw. She... Er, that is, she's been working really hard today. I think."

Aspenfang, Warrior

Glancing at his son suspiciously, Aspenfang nodded his response. I'm fine with that, if you are all ready to get some shut-eye. He meowed calmly, sitting down and wrapping his tail around his paws. The warrior craned his neck to look at his soggy back-fur, and began to groom it, his eyes closed. Weariness was slowly getting to him, and a nice, comfy bed of moss sounded great to him at the moment. The thought of feeling Feathertail's warm pelt pressed against his in a soft nest made him purr quietly to himself. But why did Thistlepaw sound so suspicious when speaking about Willowpaw? What was his children up to? With a slight shrug, Aspenfang gazed up at his mate after grooming his pelt until it was a bit drier.

Willowpaw

Laughing shyly, Willowpaw ducked her head as Aspenfang gave his "critique" of her skills. Or, lack there of. When her father started going on about showing her how it was done, he slipped and fell into the water practically as gracefully as she had. The apprentice almost went into hysterics, flopping over as she laughed, tail brushing along the ground in glee. "I'm sorry! I shouldn't be laughing! But that was amazing!" On her side, she turned her head so she could see Aspenfang better and managed to calm her laughter down to stifled snickering.

Glancing at Thistlepaw, she shifted so she rested more on her stomach and legs than on her side. Her tail thumped slowly against the ground. "Laughing because laughing is funny? You're so weird sometimes, Thistlepaw!" she remarked with a grin, a purr rising from her chest. "Good thing I'm your sister and not Sagepaw or someone else! I think Sagepaw would have tried to make an argument out of that reasoning," Willowpaw stated with a chuckle, earning a light touch from her mother's tail.

Feathertail

"Now, now. Be kind. Sagepaw has a different manner of thinking from you and your brother, Willowpaw. That's nothing to be mean about." Feathertail supported Thistlepaw's light weight, having slightly crouched to brace for his playful pounce. Affectionately licking the top of his head, she slipped free of his paws and quickly dove into the river much like her son had but with the ease of much more experience.

The water felt wonderful to her, the cool temperature taking away the uncomfortable heat from the day that was trapped in her fur. A moment later, she swam up and broke the surface, moving to climb out at the riverbed. Briefly, she shook out the excess water, her long pelt clumping a bit awkwardly in some places. However, a quick lick would fix her fur nicely.

"Alright, let's return to camp then," Feathertail responded, warmly nuzzling her cheek against Thistlepaw's as he yawned.

"Do we have to? I'm not tired yet!"

Turning to smile gently at her daughter, Feathertail watched her as she stood. "You're tired, darling. You just refuse to realize that. Trust me. Once we reach camp, you'll be yawning then," she purred. Her daughter sulked and Feathertail purred more, brushing her tail against the young cat's neck. "Let's get back now." She wasn't going to comment on Thistlepaw's hitch, wouldn't think about what it might entail. For now, she started walking back to camp.

[[i'll get Barkpelt and Ripplepaw posted for later.]]

By the time he had awoken, the den was already mostly empty. That gave him room to stretch a little. The thick-coated tom yawned, rolling onto his back as he stretched his legs. There. As he rolled back onto his paws, his thoughts were already on the day ahead. He needed to grab Nightwing something to eat, and then he and Ripplepaw would replace the moss bedding in the dens Halfwhisper had already made strides towards the nursery, and slipped in as soon as he could. The warm scent of his mate greeted him almost instantly. Good morning, Nightwing. He murmured. The sight of his sleepy, healthy mate was one he always looked forward to. She was just so wonderful.

Aspenfang, Warrior

Aspenfang purred at his kits, and gently nudged Willowpaw's shoulders to usher her along. He walked beside his mate, his head held high and his ears pricked. He was always defensive when he was around his family, and always seemed alert. He would fight off a pack of hungry badgers to keep them safe. I'm pretty sure you're tired, Willowpaw, based on that beautiful dive. He meowed, his whiskers twitching in amusement, not mentioning his own failure-of-a-dive. Aspenfang continued along, matching the pace of his mate and letting his pelt slightly brush her's. It was a decent night, but he could have an even better one with his kits tomorrow, or they could all patrol together instead. What should we do tomorrow? Hunting? He asked his family as he continued along, happy thoughts swirling in his head as he walked on.

Songbreeze, Warrior

Songbreeze let out a yawn as she opened her eyes, blinking them a few times as she awoke. She watched as Fleckpelt left, feeling a pang of sadness as she watched him leave. She had to admit, she was dying to be with him once more, but she knew that was very unlikely to happen. Songbreeze licked her soft, creamy pelt a few times before rising to her paws and stretching. She walked outside, her pelt and eyes gleaming in the faint light. She looked around for Cranewing (she wasn't awake when he left), wondering where the deputy was, so she could patrol. But she did not see him. So, where was the noble deputy? Shaking her head slowly, Songbreeze padded over to the freshkill pile and settled down with a baby rabbit, gently nibbling on its leg as she became lost in thought.

Thistlepaw

Letting out a small oomph as h slid off his mother's slick fur, Thsitlepaw quickly scrambled up to watch Feathertail's dive. It was easily the best from the four of them, much smoother and steadier than his own- Willowpaw and Aspenfang's weren't even needed to be considered; they were just stumbles. "But mooo-om," he whined, "Sagepaw doesn't just think different! She thinks she's better than all of us because she's the medicine cat apprentice, and doesn't let anyone help her and always thinks her opinion is the right one! It's not our fault we don't like her very much!" He nuzzled Feathertail's flank with the side of his head, feeling a few droplets of water work themselves into his fur.

He turned then, and began racing back towards camp. Calling back towards his family, he yelled "Bet I can get to camp before all three of you!" and turned back to his running. He new he had no hope against his parents, really, but they might go easy on him and he had a definitely advantageous head-start against Willowpaw. He was several cat-lengths ahead of her and already had his momentum going, which would hopefully secure the win for him, this time. All he had to do was not think of laughter, right?

Feathertail

Feeling Aspenfang's pelt and Thistlepaw's nuzzling against both of her flanks, Feathertail smiled with comfort. "I'm sure Sagepaw doesn't always think that. Perhaps try to come to equal ground. Figure out why she thinks things the way she does and vice versa. You'll likely appreciate the better understanding in the end," she replied, touching his ear with her nose. As he challenged them to a race and darted ahead, she chuckled and faintly picked up a fair trot.

Beside her, Aspenfang asked about hunting for tomorrow. "Hunting sounds nice. Maybe we can see if we find any birds in the grove since we didn't go tonight like Thistlepaw asked." Again, her tail brushed along her mate's back, hoping to entice him into running as she picked up her pace further.

Willowpaw

Biting back a yawn, Willowpaw held her head high and puffed out her chest until she realized her father was being funny in calling her "dive" beautiful. She would have agreed with her brother's statement about Sagepaw but her mother responded using that advice-giving tone she usually used when she wanted someone to hear her and take her words to heart. So, she kept her muzzle shut and only gapped when Thistlepaw ran ahead again. "Oh! You did it again!" she called after him, breaking out into as fast a sprint as she could to try and catch up.

It was no use. Thistlepaw reached camp before Willowpaw could. Once inside the camp, she tumbled to a stop and panted, breathing heavily. "Rotten, Thistlepaw!" she chimed playfully, crouching down before pouncing at him. "I'll show you for beating me in a race!" A loud purr rose from her chest as she aimed to tackle and pin her brother against the ground.

"Come now, darlings. Let's not wake anyone up this time," Feather tail's voice was soft and Willowpaw stopped, mid-play.

"D-" Willowpaw was interrupted by a yawn, shaking her head and furiously blinking her eyes to make them stop feeling heavy. "Must we really go to sleep now?" she pressed. Her mother nodded and she sighed. "Alright...." Another yawn and Willowpaw glanced at Thistlepaw, a tired but challenging smile crossing her muzzle. Without a word, she darted towards the Apprentice's Den, knowing Thistlepaw would scramble to try and beat her there.

At the entrance to the den, she halted and quietly - but not gracefully - picked her way to her nest and curled up with a yawn, almost asleep within moments. "G'night, Thistlepaw...." A mumbled whisper, hardly out of her mouth before she was fast asleep.

[[End of the evening for my two.]]

~~~~

Barkpelt

Was it morning already? Barkpelt's ears twitched faintly, picking up the sounds of other warriors as they slunk out of the den. For a few heartbeats, he continued to lay in his nest, tail curled against his flank. Finally, an eye blinked open, green gaze peeking to see how many had exited and how many still remained in their bedding. Carefully, he uncurled his lithe body and stretched silently. A moment later, he softly padded out of the den and glanced about at the camp.

The clouds were still thicker than what he was used to seeing but, some amount of sunlight claimed victory in its struggle to reach the ground and chase away some of the shadows within the clan's camp. Barkpelt spotted Songbreeze eating on her own, noticed Halfwhisper's form disappearing into the nursery, and Duskflame sitting to the side with a disinterested gaze on his face. Fleckpelt was pacing near the Elder's Den while Snowfeather calmly sat in wait nearby. The wind stirred, carrying the now constant stench of foul air. However, Barkpelt was able to breath in a hint of fresh air as well, the crispness of its cleanliness welcomed by his nose.

Ear twitching, he quickly swiped a paw over the back of it to rid himself of a faint itch. Shouldn't Cranewing be setting up a patrol now? Or had the noisy conversation between deputy and leader resulted in Mistystar calling off a dawn patrol like she had called off the night patrol? Barkpelt wasn't certain; he had tuned everything out. The arguing wasn't his business to be part of so there was no business in him listing.

Moving towards the kill pile, he took note of its size. Much of the fish that he, Birchpelt, and Icefall had caught was eaten last night but a good few still remained, making the pile not in dire need of being restocked. Good. Perhaps he would go out and catch a few more fish later in the afternoon.

Ripplepaw

A hind leg twitched, shifting a few moss strands in his nesting. Another twitch of the same leg followed by a third, larger, kick. With a snort and a start, Ripplepaw woke, rolling off his side and onto his belly. Some apprentices had grown fed up with sleeping close to him; he had a habit of sprawling out during the night and often kicking people awake while he slept on. As it was, a few stirred and mumbled displeasure at him from being so noisy when waking up at this moment. Quickly making an apology, in a not-so-quite whisper, Ripplepaw bounded out of the den with his tail twitching behind him.

Out in the large opening of the camp, he hurried to the pile of prey at the demands of a grumbling stomach. He found a larger fish and swiftly snatched it up, planning to save half for his sister, Moonpaw. Dropping to the ground with a faint thud, he rested slightly on his side and mostly on his belly near the center of camp and began to feast on his breakfast.

Feathertail

Feathertail often woke up with the earliest of risers, preferring to be wide awake by the time that the clan started really being active. Aspenfang was still sleeping, his warm body tucked against hers, as she began to stir and blink open gentle, blue, eyes. For a short while, she continued to lay where she slept and enjoy her mate's presence. Finally, she eased onto her paws and slipped out of the Warrior's Den before most of the others were up.

She needed to use the dirt-place, faintly screwing up her nose as the scent of the location filled her nostrils. However, she was soon able to leave the smell behind and re-enter the camp. By now, some of the other felines were up and about. Taking notice of Fleckpelt's pacing, the white feline strode over towards the tom. "Good morning, Fleckpelt," she greeted, choosing to sit next to the small space where he continued to walk. "Is something on your mind, dear?" Terms of affection were common when she spoke, directed at whomever she spoke with while a select few were strictly reserved for her family.

((Jealous Aspenfang. o3o)) Aspenfang, Warrior

Aspenfang shifted in his nest, awakened by the sudden disappearance of warmth as his mate left. With a loud sigh, the flecked warrior curled his tail around his nose, shutting his eyes to try to fall back asleep once more. Once he was unsuccessful, Aspenfang shifted into a sitting position, letting out a large yawn as he groomed his face, his vision still blurry from sleep. The warrior stretched his neck out, blinking his eyes multiple times to remove the blurriness from them. Aspenfang spotted around, gazing around until he spotted his mate approaching Fleckpelt. He heard her affectionate, soothing words, and felt a pang of jealousy and anger in his stomach. He pricked his ears to listen into their conversation, quickly approaching the two.

...W-Well, it's just- Fleckpelt began, stopping as he noticed Aspenfang angrily approaching, his eyes slightly glittering with annoyance. Fleckpelt flinched as Aspenfang wedged himself in between Feathertail and Fleckpelt, obviously jealous as he gazed at the two, giving them slight nods of acknowledgement. He sat down, casting Fleckkpelt a hard glare that made the warrior shifty and uncomfortable, causing him to leave with his pelt fluffed in surprise.

Fleckpelt & Songbreeze, Warriors

Fleckpelt quickly stalked away from Aspenfang and Feathertail, now wanting to see what Aspenfang was like when he was jealous or angered. He nervously gazed back, crashing into Songbreeze, causing her to squeak faintly in surprise, tumbling onto her haunches. The pretty she-cat gave her Clanmate a confused glance, licking a paw and drawing it over her ear. Fleckpelt stepped back, flushing into a bright red and stammering. I-I-I...- He began, shaking out his pelt and nervously gazing at the ground, shuffling his paws in embarrassment. I-I'm sorry, Songbreeze...Er, I didn't see you there. He quickly apologized, glancing up to see her rising to her paws and gently sliding her tail along his flank.

It's fine, she responded coolly, holding his intense amber gaze without flinching, a slight purr of amusement rumbling in her throat. Fleckpelt had flinched at her gently touch, a sudden longing to be with her once more beating in his heart. He missed how comforting she was, her loving, soft gaze, her smooth and affection words, her smile...How much he missed about her. Fleckpelt could tell Songbreeze felt the same way, but the two had two different ideas. She wanted kits, and he wasn't ready for them. With her head low, Songbreeze padded away with a heavy sigh, ignoring Fleckpelt upsetting gaze that burned into her pelt.

Stormpaw

Stormpaw awakened, mumbling to himself about Ripplepaw and his sleeping habits. He got up hastily, only now realizing most of the clan was awake already. He jumped up, trying not to wake any of the sleeping apprentices. He stretched out, his back arching as he pushed his paws forward. He let out a small yawn,then bustled out of the den happily. The small cat padded over to Songbreeze, noticing her all alone. "Hey, Songbreeze! Are we doing anything today?" He chirped excitedly, unaware of her sadness. He sat down and wrapped his tail around himself, awaiting her response impatiently.

Snowfeather

Snowfeather smiled as the sun rose higher in the sky, arriving with the awakening of the clan. She felt peaceful, though she felt sadness as well. The she-cat couldn't stop thinking about Fleckpelt, and it hurt to think about him. She looked down sadly the happy sight of the other cats too much to bear. She lay down and put her head on her paws, wishing sleep could claim her thoughts. She sighed unhappily and closed her eyes, awaiting the clan to begin the day.

Songbreeze, Warrior

Songbreeze flinched in realization, remembering that she had a kit. The painful gaze of Fleckpelt continued to rest on her, causing her heart to beat in pain. ...Uhm, I believe I'm going to take you hunting today, and I believe Smokeypaw was dying for some hunting, so go'head and wake her up, and gather whoever her mentor is too. Songbreeze meowed simply with a slight twitch of her whiskers, her green-silver gaze utterly dull. She would take out her sadness on her apprentice, she wanted him to train hard, and learn a great amount. Songbreeze gazed at the Apprentice's den, catching sight of the familiar black-and-silver pelt of Smokeypaw, relieved to see the she-cat starting to stir.

Fleckpelt, Warrior, & Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Smokeypaw began to stir, blinking open her eyes slightly as the dull sunlight shone into them. With a slight grumble, the apprentice curled into a tighter ball, lowering her head to her paws once more, her eyes barely open. Sleep was still calling to her, but she had a taste for adventure and energetic activity...And an urge to annoy her brother. With a loud sigh, Smokeypaw rolled onto her back, kicking out a hind leg and muttering quietly to herself, thinking of things to do to her mentor.

Smokeypaw, get up! Fleckpelt called from outside, his voice containing a bit of sadness in it as he spoke. He removed his upset gaze from Songbreeze, shaking his head slowly as he waited for his sister's arrival. He knew that it would take quite some time before she awoke, and some cat would most likely have to go into the apprentice's den and wake her, but he didn't want to go into the crammed den. Craning his neck, Fleckpelt rasped his tongue over his shoulder fur a few times before straightening up, the depressed look in his eyes remaining.

Edited by 20mia08

Birchpelt

Birchpelt shook herself awake as soon as her eyes blinked open in the dim morning light. She forced herself to rise to her feet, and stayed in the position to let her body cool down after being warmed in the long night of sleep. After a few moments, she was feeling chilled to her bones, and her pelt was prickling. The quick change of temperature after being cozy for such a long time was getting to her, like it did to so many every morning- usually, most would let it wear off slowly, but Bircheplt felt the need to get to her feet and go to the clearing, fast. She didn't know if the other cats that were being sent on the journey had awoken yet, and she didn't want to be the last. And if she was the first, no matter. She would have more time to stretch her legs and prepare.

Wincing from her stiff joints, the she-cat padded outside, using one paw to rub at her eyes in between steps. Despite there not being much sunlight outside, she winced again from the seemingly harsh light. Even mild morning sun veiled by gray, smoky clouds were a sudden change from the almost perfect darkness from her den, and Birchpelt was quickly wishing that she had stayed inside a while longer- none of the other journeying cats seemed to be awake yet, and she really had nothing to prepare. She could warm herself out and exercise the sleepiness away, too, but she didn't want to waste energy. She wanted to yawn, or return to her nest and sleep, but she forced herself to remain strong. She would have to for many days and nights to come, and she would have it start practicing now.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Moonpaw woke up early, for her at least, meaning that only half the clan was already up instead of most of it. Seeing her brother Ripplepaw over by the food pile with a large fish, she happily bounded over to him and sank her jaws into the side that he wasn't eating. "Hey Ripp'!" she greeted him as she chewed. "You heard Mistystar's announcement last night, right? I was really scared when I heard it. She said we might all be in danger! I hope the journeying cats are able to find out the problem so we'll all be okay. How far do you think they've gotten? Do you think they've reached the edge of the territory yet?" The young apprentice chattered on as she ate, somehow managing to not choke as she did so - but then, this was a normal sort of breakfast for her. Often there was a lot of pent-up energy Moonpaw needed to release when she awoke, since she'd been inactive for so long.

Mistystar

Mistystar slwoly blinked awake, yawning as she struggled to rise to her feet. Quickly, though, she collapsed back onto her nest, to sleep for another long while. She wouldn't be aware that she had woken up fro mere heartbeats so early in the morning when she managed to wake for real.

When her body finally decided that it had had enough rest, she rose slowly to her feet again, her sleep-filled limbs trembling in the effort to hold up the rest of her. Her eyes only gave her foggy vision hazed with sleepiness, and it took her much effort to remain standing. Still in a half-standing position, with her eyes closed, Mistystar began to wonder whether or not she should go back to sleep until the morning buzz of the camp woke her up. From habit, the mornings in Cloudclan were generally quiet, and nothing much would happen other than morning patrols being sent out- but then, as she slowly drifted awake, Mistystar realized that she had much to do. She would have to organize the journeying cats one final time, announce Ivyclaw's coming out of retirement, and supervise her camp. Maybe, if she had time, she would have to follow questing patrol out a little ways, to make sure everything went okay.

Yawning yet again, she walked outside, brushing aside the curtain of lichen and moss. She fretted about her duties, the busy day ahead of her, and itching to get things done, she stared up at the cliff where she always made announcement through bleary eyes. Her claws ached, though, and looking down, she noticed a bit of red at their edges. Cloudclan cats didn't climb. She wasn't used to such athletic endeavours, and her claws were showing their defiance. Groaning quietly, she began to set off to the trail outside the camp where she could walk to highledge.

Strompaw

The young apprentice nodded at Songbreeze, excited for some training. He padded to the apprentices den and searched for Smokeypaw. He found her black and sliver pelt easily enough, and walked over to where she lay. "Smokeypaw... We're gonna do some training! Get your sleepy tail up, and let's go." He says happily, nudging the other apprentice a bit. He shook himself, feeling a bit itchy. He plopped down and scratched his neck, being cautious so he didn't wake any cats and get scolding remarks. The scratch soothed, he resumed waiting for Smokeypaw to awaken.

Duskflame

The warrior looks around the camp, annoyed. He disliked the fact that the group was being sent today, and that he actually felt a twinge of worry for them. Duskflame didn't like feeling anything kind for other cats, especially if he was in a bad mood. He looked around and noticed Fleckpelt looking depressed. He felt his ears go back slightly. What does that ungrateful cat think he has to be sad about? He has she-cats swooning over him, and a perfectly fine relationship with Songbreeze. Why doesn't he just be with her? It doesn't seem very difficult to me. He thought fiercely, angry at Fleckpelt's actions. He glared in his direction, his bad mood beginning to show.

Fleckpelt, Warrior & Songbreeze, Warrior ((Posting them together for awhile, since they'll be interacting quite a bit via training))

As Fleckpelt felt a glare burn into his pelt, it fur rose in discomfort and irritation, causing the flecked tom's size to double. Tracking from where the glare came from, he spotted Duskflame, returning the glare, gazing into the black tom's gaze without flinching, his intense amber gaze boiling over with anger. Fleckpelt felt his muscles tense, wondering what the warrior was thinking about at the moment that made him so angry. Songbreeze had obviously noticed him tensing, and was gently brushing at his side, her gaze stern, yet welcoming. Fleckpelt, cool your jets, you're better than that. C'mon, you're Smokeypaw's mentor, right? We're taking our apprentices hunting. She meowed, obviously forgetting about their upsetting moment not long ago.

Fine fine, I'm coming. Fleckpelt responded, casting Duskflame another glare before rising to his paws and stretching out his leg, following Songbreeze with his tail held high. His stomach churned with nervousness, wondering how Songbreeze would behave while they trained their apprentices together. Songbreeze kept her distance from Fleckpelt, reminding herself that their romantic relationship was over, and now, they were just friends, and friends only.

Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Jolting in surprise, Smokeypaw straightened up, letting out a yawn, her energy suddenly returning from surprise. H-Huh, what?! Oh, I'm up, give me a few seconds, gotta stretch. She responded to her training partner, rising to her paws and arching her back in a stretch. After a few heartbeats, she let her back relax, and stretched out let out yet another yawn, her green eyes bright, showing she was ready. With a nod to Stormpaw, the young she-cat welcomed herself outside, erupting into a purr as she thought of training. She knew Songbreeze had a knack for hunting, so she guessed that was what they would be doing. Smokeypaw herself, had a taste for hunting.

Ivyclaw, Elder/Warrior

Ivyclaw shifted in his nest, hearing commotion outside. His body begged him to continue his nap, and restore his loss energy, but his mind and heart told him to jump to his paws, shake out his pelt, and run outside and enjoy the return of his ability to use his leg. Ivyclaw gave in to the urge to wake, and rose to his paws in a stretch, followed by a massive, long yawn. He studied his formerly unusable leg, and purred as he moved it around, letting the dirt shift between his toes. He padded outside, gazing around proudly as he showed off the return of his walking ability. Ivyclaw kept his head and chin high, unable to stop his constant purring. He caught sight of Mistystar and grew even more excited, as if he was a kit.

I bet she's going to announce my coming-out-of-retirement! He thought, his whiskers quivering as he continued to walk on. He could see his kits out of the corner of his eyes, awake and ready. Hunting, most likely. A shame they'll miss my ceremony, but I'll surprise them. Ivyclaw thought, shifting his gaze to his other Clanmates as they actively moved around camp.

Edited by 20mia08

Ashclaw

Ashclaw slowly got up with ease as if he still wasn't sleepy. Of course the sleep was still there but he didn't show it. He walked out of the den looking at the buzzing clan. I must have overslept.The clan seemed lively for it's normal activity in the morning and he wondered just how late he overslept. The warrior sighed and sat down. Ashclaw hoped he wasn't on a patrol. He wouldn't argue with the decision but for unknown selfish reasons he would be complaining. He's not one to do this but yesterday was a big day and cats were leaving on a journey today so he was stressed. Everyone else seemed in the same mood. It wasn't making Ashclaw much happier. He got up and looked around not noticing anything to do or the deputy he assumed they already went out on a patrol. He then doubting that thought seeing almost everyone there, not enough gone for a proper patrol. He walked over to Aspenfang and asked him if he had seen the deputy. He sat down waiting for an answer.

Finchpaw

Finchpaw yawned as she awoke. Forcing herself to get up and regain her energy that usually overflows. She stretched and hoped that she would be bouncing off the walls but instead she felt like plopping to the ground. Her mentor didn't seem to be calling her so she sulked back in her best not noticing Smokeypaw or Stormpaw and frankly she didn't care. Her eyes drooped closed and just for a minute the warm embrace of sleep swept over her. She stayed there for awhile even though she knew her mentor would be awfully mad. That thought soon started to chew at her so she sadly sighed and got up not wanting to. Finchpaw padded out of the den and plopped down angrily searching for Cranewing. She groomed her pelt giving up on the search.

Aspefang, Warrior

Still fumed by jealousy from Fleckpelt, Aspenfang cast Ashclaw a hard glare as he approached. The flecked tom pressed close to his mate, slowly and gently sliding her away from the other tom before sitting down beside her once more, his pelt fluffed slightly. For StarClan's sake, does it look like I know? He responded to Ashclaw in an irritated tone, his eyes narrowed. Hadn't the Clan seen him leaving last night with his mate and kits? Personally, Aspenfang wasn't too aware of Cranewing's leave, but had over heard him being missing, but it didn't seem to bother the warrior much. He just supposed that Cranewing was out on a long, early hunt to make up for the patrols.

Icefall

Icefall's ears twitched as she awoke. Lifting her head enough that she could see out of the den, she opened her eyes. The light was thin and filtered through the clouds, but it was light enough that she could tell that it was day. She stood up, then arched her back, stretching. After falling asleep earlier than normal she felt well-rested, though with the noise that the apprentices were making it was a wonder that she had fallen asleep at all.

Careful to avoid waking the others who were still sleeping, Icefall walked out of the den. She barely had to squint in the early morning sunlight, and soon her eyes had adjusted enough to allow her to open them fully. Glancing around the camp, she noted that Birchpelt was awake, but neither Sagepaw nor Tallstorm were. She hadn't really expected them to be awake, but was hoping that they would wake up soon so that they could get ready to leave. Well, unless Tallstorm decided to back out. Icefall supposed that Mistystar would just choose someone else to send in that case. They couldn't just send three cats when StarClan had told them to send four, after all.

Without anything else to do, Icefall walked over to Birchpelt. Perhaps they could find something to talk about while waiting for everyone else to wake up. "Hello, Birchpelt," she said.

Goldenheart

The queen awakened with a bright smile, though her eyes were blurry with sleep. She shifted uncomfortably, still not used to the feeling of her bloated stomach. She was glad to be having kits, though she felt so awkward with the difference in her body. She got up a bit clumsily, her large size making it difficult to get up normally. She heard the noise of the rising clan and strode over to the entrance of the nursery. She sat down, curling net tail around herself to keep warm. She felt chilled, and the warmth of sleep had vanished; making her feel colder than she was. She smiled at the bustle of the cats, knowing she could return to the busy atmosphere herself soon enough, after raising her kits when they were born.

She gave a wide yawn and licked her paws, smoothing the tufts out and purring happily. She continued grooming herself, making her pelt smooth, though where she couldn't reach, her fur looked strange in contrast with where she had groomed. She gave a little sigh, then turned her head away. I suppose I'll have to live with it, as I can't reach to groom all of my fur... With my pregnancy and all... she thought to herself good-naturedly, smiling with the thought. The chill caused her to lay down, curling up slightly for warmth. She half shut her eyes and wait for the day to begin.

(Adding post for Snowfeather later)

Birchpelt

Birchpelt blinked her eyes, hoping the residue leftover from her sleep would be cleared away by her eyelids before she turned to address Icefall. She could feel that everyone awake was feeling tired and down, herself no exception. Despite all of their efforts to stay in a regular schedule with waking, eating, patrols and sleeping, everything was off of their regular timing. Nobody could tell what time it was now, and their activity time was severely hindered. It was a good thing that their more common threats, like badgers and foxes, has decided to leave them alone. Dogs and stray rogues had not appeared in a long time, too, which was fortunate.

Turning, she began her response to Icefall, finally giving any sign of acknowledgement after so much time of dazed consideration. "Oh, hello. Good morning, Icefall, did you have a good sleep? It's time to go, soon. I suspect that. Mistystar might have a final farewell with us, but who knows? Are you ready? I do hope the others will be awake soon. If I remember correctly, I don't think Tallstorm wanted to go. I guess it's better that he stays where he's comfortable, though. I wonder who's replacing him?" After her rather long string of questions, Birchpelt yawned, the speaking apparently tiring her out after a night of low-quality sleep.

Feathertail

Fleckpelt was starting to answer but stopped and Feathertail jerked her head back in surprise when Aspenfang suddenly pushed between them. Her mate's gaze showed jealously and a pang of hurt shot through her chest. Ashclaw approached before she could speak to Aspenfang and he snapped in response to the warrior's question. Her gentle eyes narrowed just a slight fraction.

Giving Ashclaw an apologetic look, Feathertail stood on her paws and flicked her tail to touch the tip against Aspenfang's shoulder. "My darling, what is with you?" she asked, her voice soft but firm. "You have no need to be in a foul mood."

Ripplepaw

Grinning as his sister finally came to join him. "Yeah! I heard the announcement but I didn't believe Cloudclan to be in any sort of danger! We're much to strong," Ripplepaw remarked, holding his head high. "'sides! I'd scare away all of our threats! No fox or badger would stand a chance!" He continued to grin, finishing his half of the fish. Tilting his head, he frowned at Moonpaw's question about the journeying cats. "Uh, they haven't left yet, Moonpaw. In fact, they just started waking up...," he replied, pointing his tail to indicate Birchpelt and Icefall. "See?"

Petalstorm

She stirred restlessly in her sleep, and as she slowly came out of unconsciousness, an eye blinked open, droopily squinted. The dim light from outside filtered in through the entrance to her den, which was right by Petalstorm's head. She both hated and loved her spot in the den, although the morning were quite frustrating. If there was an attack, she would be able to escape swiftly- but at the same time, if there was an attack, she would be the most likely to be hurt first. It was a win-win lose-lose situation for her, and oftentimes, this caused her to fret when sleeping or about to sleep. Fortunately for the clan, she was still tired this morning, and her mind was hazed with mindless sleep-filled thoughts that she couldn't comprehend! but they left no room for fear and worries. Not even having the energy to yawn, her eye closed, the thin slit slipping shut. She wouldn't awaken for a while, despite several cats outside being quite loud. Her sleep, after the morning awakening, was good, and too deep for her to remember any dreams.

Aspefang, Warrior

Placing his ears back, Aspenfang looked away from his mate in an embarrassed and distressed manner. He didn't want to admit his jealousy, as it seemed like a weak thing to do. He wrapped his tail tightly around his paws, his gaze burning into the ground, not a sound coming from him. I don't like it when she talks to other toms, I don't want to loose her... Fleckpelt has enough she-cat's after him as it is. He thought dryly, his ear twitching slightly. Aspenfang steadily kept his gaze on the ground before him, letting his claws sink into the dry earth. Hunger began to push its way into the warrior's stomach, letting out a desperate growl in his stomach, making the warrior a bit uncomfortable.

((Short, couldn't think. x3))

Cranewing, Deputy

His stomach growling louder and louder, Cranewing finally gave into the cries of his stomach and scented the air. The scent of prey filled his nostrils, causing the deputy to purr in delight, and follow the scent, his whiskers twitching as well as his ears as soon as he heard the slightest sound. The stale scent of the rogue he found the night before was here every now and then, and Cranewing eventually found a pile of bones from a past meal. To think he'd at least have some decency to clean up after himself. Cranewing thought angrily, burying the bones of the deceased rabbit. He continued along, his tail parallel with the ground. He froze as he spotted something in the distance, finding himself nearing the Training Pit. Cranewing watched his prey, a fuzzy young rabbit, carelessly hop around, its teeth chattering as it moved about, in search of some breakfast.

Mmmh...I can't wait to dine. Cranewing thought, nearing the rabbit and swiftly crouching down, his belly-fur gently touching the tips of the blades of grass. His stomach threatened to give him away with a loud growl of hunger, but Cranewing swallowed to stop it. The rabbit continued to hop around, pausing every few moments to scent the air. As soon as it turned away from him, Cranewing's muscles rippled under his pelt, kicking off the ground and allowing him to leap far, his unsheathed claws outstretched. Cranewing's claws sunk into the rabbit, making it squeal in pain and kick about, but it slowly slowed, until it went still, crimson blood spilling from its fresh wounds. With a purr of delight, Cranewing began to dine, enjoying every moment of his breakfast. A slim black figure off into the distance caught his eye, the cat he had seen yesterday. The tom in the distance quickly ducked away, noticing that he had been caught. Ignoring the tom, Cranewing continued to eat and eat.

Edited by 20mia08