KoalaNoob

Cloudclan

Fleckpelt & Songbreeze, Warriors ((Rping them together so the post is long enough))

Fleckpelt remained in the middle of camp, his head bowed. He flinched as he felt a cat brush against him. He swiftly turned around to see Songbreeze, and found himself purring softly, his amber gaze turning soft. Yet, his expression was sorrowful. What's wrong? Murmured Songbreeze, sitting beside Fleckpelt, her pelt brushing his. Fleckpelt shook his head, and explained Quillpaw to Songbreeze. The tabby frowned, nuzzling his chin gently. I'm so sorry, my love...He was a great cat. She murmured gently, waiting awhile before rising to her paws and beckoning to him with a flick of her tail. It seems everyone's training at the Pit, let's go stop by Smokeypaw and Stormpaw. You still have a sister, remember? She mewed, watching Fleckpelt nod. Together, the cats walked out of camp, their pelts brushing and paw-steps matching.

...Quillpaw was a great brother, ask Smokeypaw. He kept our family together, like the stickiest cob-webs. He even made our distant parents close....He was the best friend I could've had. Fleckpelt sighed, shaking his head slowly. His tail was low, unlike Songbreeze's, which she held high like a flying flag. Once they were visible to the others at the Training Pit, Smokeypaw flew at her brother, tackling her mentor/sibling and rolling with him.

Yaay, brother! You're here, c'mon, I wanna show you a move I learned from Cranewing! Chimed Smokeypaw, her tail sticking straight out. With a soft grunt and purr, Fleckpelt shoved his sister off, a smirk on his face.

Willowpaw

Sighing, Willowpaw glanced at Emberpaw as he joined her outside of the Medicine Den. "A bunch of hot air, that's what's up," she remarked to the other apprentice. "Want to train with all of us?" she asked him, waiting long enough to hear his response before following Cranewing and Thistlepaw out to the Training pit. She watched from the side as Smokeypaw tried to perfect some Leap-and-Hold attack, transitioning into Thistlepaw's sneak attack and a resulting practice on how to remove oneself from being pinned.

"Sure. " He said, before padding over to the others before acknowledging what Thistlepaw had before asking, "So what battle moves are you going to show me?" He asked, hoping that Snowfeather, who was his mentor, wouldn't mind if he practiced with the other apprentices for the day. He would just explain to her later and then maybe they could go hunting after he gets back from the training hollow. After a minute of thinking, Emberpaw backed up a little bit before he began to run around in circles around Thistlepaw. His idea was to hopefully distract the apprentice by making him dizzy with all the running around

Edited by Spottedleaf

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw sat back and turned his head sideways, wondering how he should reply. Technically, he should be instructing her if they were to practice together, but that wasn't really his intention. It was selfish to stop others, but Emberpaw had only been an apprentice for a day or so, and he wasn't really her mentor either. If there were any battle moves he needed to know, Snowfeather would teach him. The younger apprentice wasn't his job, really. They were more or less peers, despite one being much older and much more experienced than the other. "Mmm, none. You've play-fought when you were a kit, throw any attack you have at me, and keep battering until you're too winded to continue. Do standard things, like punching, clawing, and pinning, but try to keep your claws sheathed." He returned to his battle stance, leaving his tail to wave idly in the air. There was no need to be perfectly accurate now. Giving Emberpaw more of a chance might keep Cranewing off him for a longer time, after all. He glanced up at the dark clouds quickly, noting that the sun was beginning to set. Good. They would have to return to camp soon to hear Mistystar's choice on the journeying cats. The deputy would never allow any of them to miss that, even if it meant cutting the training session short. "Okay, come at me with everything you've got! But take your time, you have forever to keep learning." An encouraging smile on his face, Thistlepaw braced himself for the assault that was soon to come. He stared at the young apprentice running in circles, then grinned, refusing to look at her and instead stifling a yawn.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Cranewing, Deputy

Nodding his acknowledgement to the new faces, Cranewing turned to Thistlepaw. I can see you don't like fighting, so you are allowed to leave when you feel. Practice is now over, but anyone can continue practicing, as long as someone's here to watch you. I want everyone back in camp soon though, Mistystar will be making her announcements. The Deputy meowed, dipping his head before padding towards camp, his ears pricked. He was aware of Fleckpelt and Songbreeze's recent arrival, but he knew they wouldn't care if he returned to camp. The tabby padded along, his ears pricked as he padded through the fog, the sky slowly darkening, even though the sun was still visible. He hated these thick clouds, it forced him to do tasks differently, like ending practice earlier, sending cats to bed earlier... Once he entered camp, he nodded to Ivyclaw, who was trying to catch the last rays of sun. Cranewing's ears angled towards the nursery, which seemed quite active. Were the kits being born? The deputy padded inside, curiosity showing in his green gaze. He noticed Mistystar and Snowfeather inside, and dipped his head to both. He padded over to Mistystar, giving her a slight smile. He stood close to her, but not close enough to let their pelts brush, since he didn't know if she had forgiven him yet. He guiltily lowered his head, and gently touched his nose to her shoulder.

...I'm sorry, Misty, I really am. Those things I said were foolish, just like my actions....I hope I didn't make you too mad, I mean, I don't like seeing you upset, you're like a sister to me. I'll never say harsh words like those again, I promise. Cranewing murmured, gazing into her eyes hopefully. His tail was in a perfect "u" shape, and his pelt a bit dusty. Deep down, he felt a bit embarrassed for not cleaning his pelt before entering camp.

Mistystar

Mistystar turned and nodded a quick, silent greeting to Snowfeather, flicking her furry gray tail in acknowledgment at the same time. She shifted inwards towards the back of the smaller den to give the other cat some room, moving to sit on a nest of dry, stale moss that pricked at her pelt. She flicked her tail again, but it was a slower, larger motion, meant to beckon the gentle she cat away from the small entrance. Then, she wrapped her tail around her body, appreciating the softness in contrast to the stiff bedding beneath her. She lifted herself to sit back a bit more, resting on her own tail. Sighing in relief that she was no longer forced to sit on the old moss which covered the entire nursery's floor, Mistystar fluffed out her fur to help relax herself, and the she-cats around her. Others seemed to be more comfortable when she made herself large and fluffy, anyways. She guessed that it was because it made her seem more feeble and less dangerous, but she had never really thought of herself as fierce, anyways.

She turned around to look at Snowfeather, then Nightwing, and back to Snowfeather again, the motion not very clear thanks to the fur giving her neck a bloated appearance. "Hello, Snowfeather. Are you here to visit the unborn kits too? I think they'll be coming any day now. A few of our apprentices are soon to be born, these kits will be wonderful replacements." She twisted her neck head back to its normal position, then stared at Nightwing with a peaceful smile on her muzzle. Nightwing would be a wonderful mother, despite her slightly prideful tendencies. The kits would grow up with a strong, kind mother, and the entirety of Cloudclan to support them. "Have you been feeling them squirm inside of you? I hear that's the sign that they're going to be born soon. We need to get some of the herbs you need ready, just in case they come unexpectedly. I hope Marshflight has taken care of that. Maybe we should find some nice sticks, too."

She turned slowly, unenthusiastically to Cranewing. "Why don't you make sure everyone is okay outside? It's a bit crowded in here, no?"

Edited by KoalaNoob

Since Emberpaw was out at the training hollow with Thistlepaw, he also heard what Cranewing said. He stopped what he was doing and asked the deputy, "Wait does that mean that we should probably all get back to camp now?" Emberpaw was hoping that he could stay out with Thistlepaw for at least a little while longer because he had only just gotten started. But even if he did have to go back, they could always come back later and maybe even Snowfeather could come along with them.

Cranewing, Deputy

Cranewing's shoulders drooped, as well as his tail and head. ...O-Okay... He murmured, his voice cracking in pain. Did she no loner like her "brother"? Pain flashed in his green eyes as the Deputy slowly padded out of the Nursery and plopped down in the middle of camp. There was pretty much no-one outside, only a few cats dining or chatting quietly. He remembered the unenthusiastic look on her face and flinched, closing his eyes and sloppily wrapping his tail around his paws as he remained slumped. Cranewing opened his eyes to gaze into the ground, as if hoping a friend would pop out of the ground and cheer him up. No-one seemed happy with him lately, not even Smokeypaw. The deputy realized that he hadn't eaten all day ((and half of the other cats x3)), but he ignored the stab of hunger, for he was too upset to eat. Cranewing continued to stare blankly at the ground, a slight frown on his face.

((Short, sorry. Don't have much to respond to.))

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw shook his head amusedly at Emberpaw's disappointment at the short training session. He would have loved to return to camp right away, but the idea of making the younger cat sad and stemming her learning was something he didn't want to consider, let alone do. He did consider it, in reality, but only for a split second, wiping it from his brain milliseconds after. As far as he was concerned, that memory didn't exist. "No, we can stay as long as there are warriors watching us, which there are. If you want to keep practicing, you can continue to attack me, but only for a while longer. Say, you have five attacks left, deal?" He smiled hopefully, making his jaws pique comically at the edges. "After that, we can go back to camp together. It's going to be really exciting, since Mistystar is announcing the travelling cats tonight."

Ivyclaw, Elder

Ivyclaw watched Cranewing, his whiskers twitching, but his gaze holding no emotion. Dang, Mistystar must've hit him hard! He thought, rolling onto his back and sighing. I remember those two as kits and apprentices...Some cats! They were both poor little Orphan kits, but they had each other, and were closer than a cat and his skin ((idk)). What's been going on between them...? The elder thought, closing his eyes and letting out a heavy sigh. He didn't want to approach Cranewing, since he wasn't normally upset, and he didn't know how he would respond. For all Ivyclaw knew, Cranewing would attack him. Either we leave the poor tom alone, or see what Mistystar'll do! The elder thought, grunting angrily as the sun stopped touching his pelt. He tried to get up, but gave up, since it was so difficult. Besides, the spot he was lying in was warm now, due to his body-warmth.

((Nightwing will have four kits actually, but I can shorten it to three, because I want a weaker kit of the litter.))

Nightwing

The queen glanced up as Mistystar walked in, then Snowfeather. It was filling up fast, and she didn't except so much attention all of a sudden. "Hello. They are getting fine, I can feel them moving," Nightwing heaved herself to a sitting position, her belly awkwardly bulged out. "I decided on names, for at least one of them. Tulipkit, and maybe Ashkit," she nodded with a smile as she admired her own belly.

Nightwing nodded to see Mistystar move to a better position, "I can feel them moving everyday. Somehow, I think there is more than two kits inside of me. My belly has grown so big, and the movement is so strong, I'm not so sure anymore."

Sagepaw

With the borage in her jaws, she raced back to camp, only to accidentally step on a juniper berry bush. She pushed, recognising the smell of the berries and she scanned her brain. Juniper berries, used for bellyaches, strength and to calm down some cats. Sagepaw nodded in approval, and set down the borage. She plucked a large leaf and picked off a large bundle of berries before grabbing her borage and juniper berries before continuing back to camp.

Sagepaw entered the camp before slipping into the medicine cat's den and setting down the herbs. "Hey, Marshflight? I had this good idea with the borage," she began as she set down the herbs. "I got some juniper berries as well. But when I found the borage, it was half eaten. So I dug it up and replanted it in the hollow of a branch. I can show you what tree, and all we need to do is to water the plant," Sagepaw explained as she rolled a berry back and forth with her paw.

((Ninja'ed D: ))

Edited by Tiga

((Short, sorry. Don't have much to respond to.))

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw shook his head amusedly at Emberpaw's disappointment at the short training session. He would have loved to return to camp right away, but the idea of making the younger cat sad and stemming her learning was something he didn't want to consider, let alone do. He did consider it, in reality, but only for a split second, wiping it from his brain milliseconds after. As far as he was concerned, that memory didn't exist. "No, we can stay as long as there are warriors watching us, which there are. If you want to keep practicing, you can continue to attack me, but only for a while longer. Say, you have five attacks left, deal?" He smiled hopefully, making his jaws pique comically at the edges. "After that, we can go back to camp together. It's going to be really exciting, since Mistystar is announcing the travelling cats tonight."

Emberpaw glanced back at him and said "Okay. Sorry for my lousy attack back there. The object was to make the opponent dizzy. It's nothing I really learned or did when I play fought as a kit or anything either." Emberpaw said. Then he began to think and plan out his next attack. He knew that they didn't have much time before they would have to go back to camp to hear what Mistystar would have to say. He was in fact curious to see what was going to happen back at camp.

Mistystar

Mistystar murmured a quiet congratulations to Nightwing, knowing how excited she would be for the kits. She removed her tail from beneath her, enduring the sharp prodding of the moss beneath her. Stretching it out in front of her, she stroked the round belly of the queen, feeling the lumpy bodies of the kits inside of it. She couldn't claim to know how many there were, but she trusted the other cats' belief that there were more.

Still quiet, she meowed, "Best of luck to all of them. I know that they'll become great warriors one day. Do you want me to switch this prickly dry moss with fresh moss that the apprentices just brought back yesterday? You might need more room after they're born." She wrapped herself in her own tail again, and closed her eyes wearily.

((Sorry, you Ninja'd me, Spottedleaf. I'll out Thsitlepaw's reply in the next post.))

Edited by KoalaNoob

Icefall

"Not really, no. Cloudclan has never really had problems with poisoned food. If there is something wrong with prey, it's usually because someone tried to eat crowfood or it ate some twoleg poison," Icefall said, replying to Birchpelt's question. She watched Barkpelt to see if there was anything wrong with him, though she was itching to catch more fish. The long minutes of doing nothing were almost painful. Just sitting around next to the river bank wasn't something that she was used to doing, especially when there were so many easy-to-catch fish right in front of her. There wasn't really a point in catching more if they found that the fish were poisoned. It would be a waste of energy, and once they were sure that the fish were safe they wouldn't have a problem catching more than they could carry back.

Eventually, Barkpelt revealed that there was nothing wrong with the fish. Good. If there was something wrong with the fish, well, things wouldn't go well. The Clan couldn't survive on rabbits and birds alone, especially with the cloud cover driving all of the non-aquatic prey away. She nodded to Birchpelt, and took a bite from the fish. Carefully considering the taste, she decided that it didn't taste any different from what she had expected. She took a few more bites, eating enough that she would be able to feel the effects of any serious poisons but would be able to get some yarrow before any damage was done.

Though it was against the code to eat before the elders and queens had been fed and eating on a hunting patrol wasn't allowed, Icefall wasn't worried about anyone being mad at them. She had learned that sometimes rules could be broken and things would be fine. Of course, generally following the rules was a very good thing to do, but eating the fish wasn't for personal gain. It was more like breaking a rule for the protection of her Clan; they did have to find out whether the fish were poisoned or not, and it wasn't really something that they could test on Nightwing. Even those who took the code a bit too seriously wouldn't be able to complain.

"It's fine," Icefall said a few minutes later. "I think that testing two fish is enough. If there's poison in the water, it should affect all of the fish anyway. We'll just tell everyone to be careful and to go to Marshflight if they feel sick at all."

Ivyclaw, Elder

With a grunt, Ivyclaw decided to try and get to his paws once more. His torn muscle throbbed greatly, causing him to curse under his breath. He lame front leg wanted to collapse underneath him, so he had only two legs that weren't in pain. Scowling as he fell, the Elder tried to drag himself back to his den, but flinched in surprise as he felt teeth sink into his scruff. He looked back to see Cranewing. Was he going to kill Ivyclaw?! The elder let out a nervous growl, but the deputy flicked his tail in greeting.

....You want back in your den? Cranewing asked, muffled by Ivyclaw's flecked fur. Ivyclaw nodded, feeling sad for the deputy as he heard the pain in the tom's voice. Cranewing lifted the Elder with a grunt, carrying him to his den and gently placing him in his nest. Ivyclaw opened his mouth to ask what was wrong with him and Mistystar, but Cranewing interrupted the silver-and-black tom. I-I don't want to talk about it. He murmured with a heavy sigh, turning away and padding out of the den with his tail low. Ivyclaw watched the deputy leave with a frown.

Tallstorm

It wasn't surprising for Tallstorm to be the first to try and cheer the deputy up. "What's wrong, Cranewing?" The giant of a cat padded over to Cranewing and sat down next to him. "Did a she-cat reject you as a mate?" He mused at his own joke, before pausing. Perhaps this was the problem.

Nightwing

She saw the weariness that dragged the leader down and frowned. "It's fine Mistystar, you can go and order an apprentice to do it for you, you seem so tired," Nightwing sighed, planting her paws to try and shift the moss. The green stalks below the cats hadn't been changed since the last queen was in here. Nightwing would of done it herself, but she was pregnant. All she could do was sleep on a fresh patch of moss near the edge of the nursery.

((Sorry short post))

Edit: ((Ninja-ed again by Mia))

Edited by Tiga

((Super short again, I have to go for a bit.))

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw smiled again, though he was growing tired of Emberpaw's endless banter. "It's okay. Be more focused now, though. We have it get back to camp soon, or Mistystar might not be too happy with us. We don't want to keep the clan waiting, either, so let's be quick. Maybe we can get a snack before we go back, too! The hunting patrol should have brought back lots of food by now, so we can eat without getting scolded." He grinned, appealed by the idea of some food. He hadn't eaten all day, instead having been distracted by friends, and then order after order by older cats. He braced himself for attack again, hoping it would all be over soon. The second was he got back to camp was the second he started being happy again. There was so much more cheeriness there.

((I'll post the replies for. Mistystar and Birchpelt later.))

Edited by KoalaNoob

Cranewing, Deputy

Cranewing flinched, quickly leaping away from Tallstorm, turning a bright red. Great Starclan no! He meowed, his green gaze still dull. His teeth hurt from carrying Ivyclaw, who was large, yet thin. ...No she-cat would reject me as a mate, trust me... He meowed, trying to be humorous, though it didn't work at all. The deputy slowly shook his head. Misty's like a sister to me, and I hurt her feelings....And she didn't accept my apology. The massive deputy finally admitted, his head bowed as he spoke. He felt Ivyclaw's gaze burn into his pelt, but the gray tabby ignored his glance, closing his green eyes and letting out a heavy sigh. He tried thinking of his kithood to cheer himself up, but it only made it worse, since Mistystar was pretty much all the family he had. Harriertalon had neglected him, since he was deputy. Cranewing knew from experience that as deputy, there was still time to do other things.

((Apparently, I had time for another post. I have to go for real now, though.))

Mistystar

Mistystar nodded, dipping her head in respect for the queen. With her kits due any day, it was really safer to have an extra bed of moss of two, especially if she though there were going to be lots. It was kind of her to put her own needs away for a bit, even if it wasn't something she desperately needed. "Alright then, Nightwing. If you need anything, feel free to call me." Pausing for a moment, an mildly amused grin found its way onto the leader's face. "And, feel free to order around anyone you see. I'll deal with them if they refuse to comply. I'll put them on nursery duty for a moon or so. It should help them with their warrior skills, especially if it's an apprentice."

The she-cat hunched over, sighing at the relief her tired muscles got from the different sitting position. She sucked in a large breath of air, but quickly stifled it when she realized that she was causing the den to get stuffier with every breath she took. The small hole and cracks in the bramble den weren't letting air in nearly as fast as the leader would have liked, and she had to save the majority for the pregnant cat before her. "Are you bored, always being here alone? Do you want me to ask someone to keep you company while you wait for kits to come?"

Edited by KoalaNoob

Tallstorm

The warrior grinned as his attempt to joke failed. "What was the fight about, was it about something serious between you two?" Tallstorm's smile faded. He knew that Cranewing and Mistystar were great friends. In facts, maybe the whole Clan knew. So such as bad fight between the two must of been bad.

Nightwing

She grinned cheekily, her tail shuffling. "Thank you, so much Mistystar, I'll be sure to get one of the apprentices to help me out soon," Nightwing answered, her whiskers twitching with amusement.

Nightwing watched the leader,s movements carefully, the words entering her ears. "Oh honestly, Mistystar you're acting like I will give birth to StarClan! I'm fine, and they will be coming soon so I definitely not lonely. Although, seeing the previous queens I may need a break here and there," she smiled warmly.

Edited by Tiga

Marshflight

When Sagepaw left to go get the herbs (Marshflight would feel much better when they had more borage; Nightwing might need it), Marshflight returned to his den to wait for her to return. He didn't think that there was much left to do, thankfully, but he did find that Thistlepaw had been right to go through the herbs. The piles had many more bad leaves in them than Marshflight would have liked. The piles had also been disorganized a bit; it seemed that as someone was leaving they accidentally kicked the horsetail and the stems had spread out everywhere. Marshflight kept himself busy, sorting herbs and picking out bad bits. By the time Sagepaw came back he had managed to sort out and clean all of the piles, including bringing all of the rotten leaves to the dirtplace. The piles looked smaller now, but there still seemed to be enough of most things.

Sagepaw entered with the borage and some juniper berries. Those were helpful, though Marshflight would have preferred to see more chervil. Borage was the main thing, though, so if Sagepaw didn't see any it would be okay. He could just find some tomorrow; they would surely have enough until then. He listened carefully to what Sagepaw said about the borage. It was an interesting idea, one that Marshflight had never though of before. The young she-cat was clever. "That was a good idea, Sagepaw. Were you careful to keep the plant undamaged, though?" Borage was large, and Sagepaw was a smaller apprentice. With the added weight of the dirt in the root, it would be impressive if Sagepaw had dragged it up to the tree without bending or breaking the stems. It was doable, though. "I've sorted and cleaned all of the herbs in here, and getting more chervil can wait for tomorrow. Shall we check on Nightwing?"

Snowfeather

Snowfeather purred, listening to Nightwing and Mistystar talk. She glanced at Nightwings belly, wondering if the queen really would have more than two kits. It did seem like a possibility.... She smiled softly, wishing that she could have kits, but knowing she wouldn't be able to be a warrior if she did. Is there anything I can do, Nightwing? She asked suddenly, wanting to help the queen as much as possible.

Edited by EnchantingMiracle

((Super short again, I have to go for a bit.))

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw smiled again, though he was growing tired of Emberpaw's endless banter. "It's okay. Be more focused now, though. We have it get back to camp soon, or Mistystar might not be too happy with us. We don't want to keep the clan waiting, either, so let's be quick. Maybe we can get a snack before we go back, too! The hunting patrol should have brought back lots of food by now, so we can eat without getting scolded." He grinned, appealed by the idea of some food. He hadn't eaten all day, instead having been distracted by friends, and then order after order by older cats. He braced himself for attack again, hoping it would all be over soon. The second was he got back to camp was the second he started being happy again. There was so much more cheeriness there.

((I'll post the replies for. Mistystar and Birchpelt later.))

"It's okay. Maybe I'll just come back here later with Snowflame. But right now I think we should get back to camp so we don't miss anything." Emberpaw said. He at least wanted to maybe catch a mouse or a thrush just so that he didn't waste the afternoon/ evening. He knew that they probably shouldn't return to camp empty pawed. He then asked him, "So you think it would be okay if we caught a piece of prey each real quick before we return?"

Birchpelt

Birchpelt shrugged nonchalantly at Icefall's decision that the fish were safe, though relief was enveloping her entire body, like when she submerged in the river. Instead of saying anything else, maybe a challenge or a quick thanks, she waded into the river again, and when she was up to her belly, she pushed herself forwards and ducked her her head underwater. Unlike before, she didn't waste time letting her body adjust to the cooler temperature, opting to feel the icy water's shock instead. She trembled involuntarily once, then she forced her eyes open and pushed herself in the path of a fish she saw shooting itself downstream. Her timing was off, though, and the impact of the fish slamming into her foreleg sent her tumbling backwards.

After struggling to right herself, Birchpelt forced her paws to work themselves in circles, pushing her body to the surface where she floundered about and gasped for breath. Quickly, she apologized to nobody in particular, then dove back under in hopes of finding something else worth catching. She wanted to bring back a nice haul of prey for the clan, not just three rabbits and a few fish. The sun was setting, too. They didn't have much time left.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw nodded happily, then turned to leave without speaking to any of the other cats gathered there. He scurried out of the training hollow, shaking his legs as he left to get rid of any grains of sand that had stuck to him. He turned around to make sure Emberpaw made it out of the pit okay, because of her short legs and small paws, then turned to walk the short trail back to camp. But after a couple steps, he paused and craned his neck backwards to reply about the other apprentice's hunting suggestion. "No, I don't think we should go hunting. I heard Birchpelt berating Cranewing about it earlier, and I don't want to mess with that. Besides, it's a long way yo the hunting grounds and we don't have permission. There's a hunting patrol out anyways."

Willowpaw

Listening to Emberpaw talk off her brother's ear was somewhat amusing and Willowpaw purred softly in good humor. After Cranewing had told Thistlepaw that he didn't need to stick around at the Training Pit, she wondered if he felt relieved or not. Perhaps her brother did but, he didn't appear any different in manner of mood; he seemed the same. Actually, he seemed a bit better today since he was letting Emberpaw strike as he pleased.

Eventually, she yawned and got up, stretching her limbs before heading back towards camp. Her stomach growled, complaining about being empty, and she sighed. Food was such a lovely idea and, when she entered the camp again, her eyes immediately found the kill pile. It wasn't as happy a sight as most of the clan would prefer it to be but, there were still prey, just enough to sustain the clan for a day or so.

Glancing towards the nursery, Willowpaw figured it was crowded enough already so it was likely best not to go inside. However, that didn't mean she couldn't leave something at the entrance for Nightwing. Picking up a fish from the pile, the apprentice carried it over towards the nursery and set the prey down just outside the entrance. "Nightwing? I brought you some fish in case you were hungry. I'll leave it out here for someone to give to you if you want it," she called, padding away without really waiting for a response.

Returning to the kill pile, she looked towards the Elders' Den and noted Cranewing and Tallstorm with Ivyclaw. At this point, Willowpaw figured it was safe enough for her to grab one of the smaller fish for her to eat; if Ivyclaw needed food, Cranewing or Tallstorm were sure to secure him something. Picking out one of the cold, scaly, prey, she carried it with her to the Apprentices' Den where she could eat without bothering anyone.

Barkpelt

Icefall spoke of reassurance after tasting a second fish and Birchpelt jumped right into fishing. Barkpelt watched her for a moment, shifting his weight forward and taking a step closer as she tumbled through the water until she managed to right herself. It wouldn't do any good to have any cats drown this evening. When it seemed like things would be fine, Barkpelt wadded into the cool stream and stood still for a handful of moments.

Finally, splash! He hooked a decently sized fish with a few claws, flicking it out and aside of the stream where it floundered on the sandy embankment. Strike! Another fish to join his first. This one wasn't as thick around but it was longer than the first. Trying for a third catch proved to be more slippery as the fish leapt away from his claws and bumped into his chest. Letting out a faint mrrow of surprise and displeasure, Barkpelt let the fish swim away. It was much easier to accept the mishap than it would have been to scramble and try catching the same fish again. Not to mention, thrashing about in the water would only have made the other prey scatter and harder to catch.

He managed to catch a smaller fish, one that an apprentice could make a satisfactory meal of. Content with the three successes, he gathered the fish up on the embankment "Should we take the fish we tasted with us? Or burry them as carrion?" His questions were more towards the air, easier to speak if they weren't directed at anyone specifically. However, they were also sort of rhetorical or open-ended, depending on how one wanted to view them. Personally, Barkpelt planned to finish off the fish he tested, feeling it was best to let it fill his stomach rather than go to waste.

Nightwing

She heard the voice of Willowpaw call in about a fish, then Snowfeather's request to do something for her. "If it's okay, could you bring in the fish that Willowpaw left out for me?" Nightwing asked the white warrior and she shuffled her paws.

The queen had eaten before, but she remembered devouring the tiny shrew quickly, and didn't fill her up. But she hadn't had fish in sometime, and she knew how filling the watery prey was.

Sagepaw

She flicked her ear pleasantly as her mentor congratulated her. Then when the question was asked, she blinked her eyes to back when she did the digging and the climbing. "I don't really think so. It wasn't that big of a bush, and the climb was relatively easy. Maybe I crushed a few leaves, but it will grow back in a matter of time, correct?" Sagepaw tried to remember herself climbing the tree.

No, she was correct. It was easy, and she didn't crush too many leaves. She might of accidenltly broke a root when she was digging, but the bush had so many main ones it could survive.

Edited by Tiga