KoalaNoob

Cloudclan

Barkpelt

That seemed to be a fair alternative. Nodding at Icefall and looking at Birchpelt as she spoke, Barkpelt responded. "The fish I have is enough to feed one with a little left over. You can eat what's left if you're hungry enough. I'll take as many prey as I can while you continue hunting and then hurry back to help carry the rest," he stated. His stomach seemed to flip with gratitude as he finally filled it with a decent meal but he didn't allow himself the time to really savor the only meal he'd had for the day. Speed was rather of the essence if the trio hoped to get their catch to the camp before it was too dark or before Mistystar's announcement was made. Which ever came first.

Once finished eating, he gathered as many fish as he could by the tails, careful not to sever the scaly flesh and thin bones with his teeth. Keeping his head high to avoid dragging the fish through sand, grass, and soil, Barkpelt hurried towards camp.

Willowpaw

Tumbling with Thistlepaw, Willowpaw did her best to keep him beneath her in a pin. She was about to playfully bat at his ear when he spoke up about possibly growing sick. "Ewwww! My fur's too pretty to get all icky!" Willowpaw wailed, a glint of humor in her gaze. A squeal followed by laughter escaped Willowpaw's small muzzle as Thistlepaw issued his growling threat. She lifted up and back onto her hind legs, fur starting to fluff up almost comically. "Tiny, am I? I'll show you tiny!" she retorted, fluffing her fur completely. Stomping her forepaws down but on the packed dirt instead of her brother, Willowpaw crouched into a sloppy play bow, tail wagging with glee behind her. "Or is the great Thistlepaw too scared to face his challenger?"

[[Tis okay smile.gif

I figure there's no harm in continuing to post so long as we make a point not to push the apprentices too far ahead when Stormpaw had been asked a question or three.]]

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw frowned at Emberpaw, annoyed that he wasn't doing anything. Mistystar hadn't started yet, it almost seemed like she was preparing. They needed to hurry. If the younger apprentices weren't wanting to eat, it wouldn't detriment him from satisfying his growling belly. They already had a fish, anyways. Willowpaw and him could eat that. But maybe he should give the others a chance to have some fun. The newbies weren't well-versed in the ways their peers did things, and the faster they learned, the easier their life would be. Of course, most of the apprentices that were training now were soft and lenient, unlike the stories of tough, ambitious ones that once roamed the clan, but they were just good things to learn overall. Calling out, but not too loudly, he meowed, "Hurry up, you two lazybones! Emberpaw, Stormpaw, Mistystar isn't making the announcement yet! We should eat first so we aren't distracted later!" Without waiting any more, Thistlepaw dashed to the fresh-kill pile, snapped up a fish in his jaw, and tossed it where the other one was. He shoved his head towards the food, pulling a large chunk from the first fish' body, and chewed luxuriously. He allowed the soft flesh to be torn apart by his sharp teeth, savoring the juices that leaked out. He swallowed, then licked his lips. He would wait for the others before eating more; that one bite, albeit large, was just what he needed to hold out until his peers joined him in the delicious meal.

"Sorry, the reason I started to put the fish away is because I saw her get on the ledge. And I thought it was about to start so I didn't want to start it if I wasn't going to get to finish it. Now I see that I am just wasting time." Emberpaw explained, before she got the fish out of the freshkill pile again. He sat down near the other apprentices and began to eat the juicy fish that had been caught by the patrol that day. He made sure that Stormpaw had enough room to get in there to have his share of the fish as well.

Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Smokeypaw blinked at the other apprentices, finished with her tasks. She approached them slowly, a fish hanging in her jaws as well. Apprentice dining circle? She asked, muffled slightly by the fish. Without waiting for a response, the black smoke she-cat settled down, a bit farther away from the others. She crossed her paws as she nibbled on her meal, enjoying every bite. She had finished the tasks Cranewing had assigned her, and was now relaxing, waiting for Mistystar to announce the journeying cats. Smokeypaw glanced at her brother, who was chatting with Songbreeze once more. Smokeypaw found herself chuckling at her brother slightly, amused by him and his actions. She continued eating, closing her yellow-green eyes as she chewed on the tough piece of fish.

Emberpaw saw as Smokeypaw came over to join the circle. He looked around at the other apprentices before nodding to him, telling him that it was okay for him to join the circle. It was cool to him that they were all together enjoying a meal. "So how was everybody's day?" Emberpaw asked. After he spoke and whiile he was waiting for a reply, he took another bite of his trout. He remembered to stay alert so he would be ready when Mistystar called for all of the clan to gather.

((Short, sorry. There was so much to reply to and I might have to go soon.))

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw purred happily, but refused to return to his battle crouch. "The great Thistlepaw is afraid of nothing, but is not mousebrained enough to accept such petty challenges. He eats first, too." Turning to look at Emberpaw, he purred again, then gulped down another mouthful of fish, in a similar fashion to his first. Too dazzled by the fantastic taste, he took another bite, slowing down his chewing so the others would have some to eat as well. It certainly wouldn't do to have him eat everything. Though he had no breakfast or lunch, the others hadn't had any either. They had woken up too late for the day's first meal, and the time when they would have had lunch was too clustered with more important things than eating. "Come one, Emberpaw, Stormpaw! Eat up, or I'll eat it for you!" He turned to Smokeypaw, who he had seen approach them from the corner of his vision. He beckoned for her to join using his tail, ecstatic from the aura of happiness that everyone had. "Join us, Smokeypaw! We can all share prey, it'll be like a celebration feast, but with only apprentices!"

Edited by KoalaNoob

ooc: Its okay

ic: Emberpaw listened before replying, "Well sorry, I'm just trying to make sure that I am leaving Smokepaw some of this fish instead of eating all of it. It's not called sharing if you have offered to share and then you just go eating the whole thing. That would be called hogging." Emberpaw said. Then he got quiet again and began listening to the other apprentces' conversations again. He continued to eat his fish.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw raised an eyebrow skeptically at Emberpaw, not sure how well he would fit in with everyone else. He wasn't showing the humbleness or excitement that he should be displaying blatantly with the other apprentices, despite him only having joined their ranks days ago. Quite the contrary, he was being proud, bossy, and acting like he was superior to everyone else with his sassy choice of words. And, he was merely regurgitating what his mother had probably told him- not a good sign at all. He wasn't being quiet or at least properly observing the others, and didn't even seem to notice that the things he was doing didn't match the others at all. He even seemed proud that he had waited for the others to finish before talking himself, which was really just common courtesy.

His gaze darkening in annoyance at Emberpaw, Thistlepaw swallowed his mouthful of fish and glared at him. "Yes, and Smokeypaw happens to have her own fish. Unless you didn't notice, you have a large, unbeaten fish there, and a bite isn't going to matter. Furthermore, you do not know how we do things. It is expected that apprentices feed themselves, and the swiftest get the most. It's almost a game, though you obviously don't understand." He turned back to Smokeypaw, pushing his own fish towards her.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Smokeypaw, Apprentice

The she-cat let out a purr, shaking her head at Thistlepaw's offer. No thanks, Thistlepaw, I have my own fish! She meowed, rising to her paws and padding closer to the ground and sitting down, her tail quivering in excitement. I learned some great moves thanks to Thistlepaw and Cranewing today. She announced, continuing to nibble on her fish as she spot, wrapping her silver-and-black tail neatly around her body. Smokeypaw's eyes shone bright with excitement. She was hoping that Mistystar would call her name when announcing the journeyers, though she doubted it would happen. Her ears angled towards Mistystar and her ledge, hoping the leader would announce the cats soon, or the apprentice would burst with excitement.

((Guys, there's Stormpaw and Smokeypaw, you're calling them Smokepaw, and referring to this cat as a tom. wink.gif ))

(OK I finally caught up lol... That was A LOT to read... I guess I am pretty behind.mi will just start off with Stormpaw grabbing a fish and sitting next to Emberpaw and the other apprentices smile.gif )

Stormpaw

Stormpaw scrambled up, rushing over to pick a up fish before they were all gone. He picked up one of the bigger ones in the pile, his stomach rumbling hungrily.He strode quickly back to Emberpaw's side, hurrying before the announcement began. He smiled at Emberpaw and took a nip at his fish, then turned slightly, tucking his own fish underneath him so that Emberpaw couldn't get to it. He twitched his ears, and gave a low purr.

Snowfeather

Snowfeather gave her apologies to the queen, and left the den to give her some space. At the entrance, she turned back. Hey, Nightwing, make sure to tell me or another warrior if you need anything, o.k? Snowfeather said, a note of affection in her voice. She then strode over to join the other cats, sitting a distance away. She sighed, a bit lonely, and glanced around. Mistystar seemed to be taking her time, most likely giving the clan time to eat before beginning her announcement. Snowfeather's stomach gave a loud growl, and she ignored it, waiting to make sure all,of the young ones got to eat their fill first. She lay down, curling her tail around herself and resting her head on her paws. She closed her eyes, waiting patiently for the announcement.

(OOC: just want to clarify that Duskflame is open if anyone wants to take his character... It would be nice, because then the story could progress with him and Snowfeather, and they could have a relationship.)

Duskflame

Duskflame strode over to the rest of the clan, not knowing who would enjoy his company. He noticed Snowfetaher, sitting all alone, with her beautiful striped tail curled around her pure Snow White body. He shook the thoughts away, but went to join her. He sat down a little bit away, not knowing if she would notice his presence. He watched her breath, and it seemed like she was asleep, she looked so peaceful. He caught himself before he purred, not wanting her to realize he was there.

Fleckpelt, Warrior

After talking with Songbreeze, Fleckpelt padded away with his head and tail low. He just asked to be her mate, and to his surprise...Songbreeze declined. He lay down in the center of camp, closing his eyes to hold back tears. Didn't Songbreeze love him? She admitted it, didn't she? ...Why, why did she decline?! Fleckpelt thought, his body quivering as he mourned silently. Fleckpelt wrapped his tail tightly around his body, shoving his paws under his chest as he whimpered silently. He gazed back at Songbreeze with round, sad eyes, but she ignored him, continuing to chat with a friend of her's.

((Sorry for posting so quickly, guys. I made myself wait an hour for this one, and it was torture X3))

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw cocked his head to one side in confusion at Smokeypaw declining the invitation. That didn't happen often, almost all the apprentices enjoyed spending time playing, eating, or just talking together. They weren't all super social, but it was always fun to share training experiences with cats that were made to do similar things. He dipped his head respectfully at the tiny she-cat, though his eyes were still clouded with curiosity. She must be tired, he decided. Battle training must have been tough in her, not being nearly as strong as the rest of us. She's been an apprentice for a while, but hasn't been training rigorously enough to develop the muscles the rest of us have. Still, though, even if she wasn't really joining in, she was still sitting close enough for them to talk to her. So maybe she just didn't want to get her food stolen. Food. The thought made him hungry again. He turned and wolfed down another bite of fish, realizing he had already eaten about half by himself, but was still hungry. He figured everyone else was about has hungry as him, so he stopped eating to give the others a chance. He would definitely eat more if they didn't seem interested, though. The shudderings in his belly were too ferrous ions to ignore.

Marshflight

Marshflight nodded. "If it was just a few bruised leaves, it'll be fine. I was mostly worried about the stems breaking or bending." He considered the herbs that Sagepaw had mentioned. If Nightwing was few days away from her kitting, then it probably wouldn't be best to give her strengthening herbs already. Over a long period of time, strengthening herbs could be damaging, and Nightwing didn't need any yet. It was best if a cat could wait for a few days to recover before using them again, so Marshflight wouldn't give them to Nightwing until just before her kitting. A bit of borage would be good, though. If they started to boost her milk production now, then she would have plenty to keep her kits strong and healthy. Of course, that meant that Nightwing would have to stay well-fed, which could become a bit hard as the prey were all disappearing. There were still fish in the river, though.

At this point, Marshflight realized that he was starving and hadn't eaten all day. He could get something from the fresh-kill pile after seeing Nightwing, though. Keeping his Clanmates safe was more important than food. "We can start giving her a bit of borage, but no ragwort until just before she's kitting. Can you tell me why?" Marshflight asked as he nipped off a few pieces of borage. Sagepaw was clever, and he thought that she knew the answer, but little tests were reassuring. It was as much a test for him as for Sagepaw. If she gave him a contradictory answer to the one he was thinking of, well, then one of them was wrong and they had to figure out who it was.

Herbs in his jaws, Marshflight ducked low and squeezed into the nursery. Nightwing was huge, and very close to kitting. A jolt of panic flew through Marshflight. Kitting always seemed so dangerous, with so many things that could go wrong. He tried to keep himself calm, but he was worried that he would make a mistake. The kitting probably wouldn't be for a few days, though. He didn't need to worry yet, just make sure he had all of the supplies that he could need. Ragwort, a stick for Nightwing to bite on, raspberry leaves, chervil... "Hello, Nightwing. Are you feeling okay?" Marshflight dropped the herbs in front of her. "Eat these. It'll increase your milk production, to help the kits grow strong and quickly."

Icefall

Icefall nodded to Barkpelt. She planned on finishing the fish that she had tasted, maybe sharing it with Birchpelt, but the strong habit of feeding the Clan before herself sent her back to the river. She could wolf down the remains of the right before they headed back to camp, anyway. Squashing down her hunger, she waded back into the river to catch more fish. A fat yet short silver fish soon joined the others on the bank as she waited for Barkpelt to return. A second fish swam close to her. Icefall sent her paw darting towards it, but the fish was agile and fast. Her claws scratched at its tail, leaving it with a tear, but it swam away. At least she hadn't left it with any life-threatening injuries, so that it could return and breed, but she was disappointed that she hadn't caught it. Another fish soon swam by, however, which she managed to catch and fling onto the shore.

Birchpelt

Birchpelt watched Icefall plunged into the water, too, quickly flinging a flopping fish to shore. They had five or six kills already, not including the ones that had been bitten, so they were more or less reddy to return to camp. Still, though, she dived back into the clear crystalline depths of the water, snatching a fish in her jaw and tightening her grip to kill it. With the final piece of prey she planned to catch in her possession, the she-cat paddled slowly back to shore and shook her pelt dry, flicking drops of water onto the dry, sandy bank. Her silver fur was puffed out thanks to her last action, and licked her shoulders a few times to flatten out what she could. Though Birchpelt didn't particularly care about her appearance, having an enlarged size was almost always a serious hassle. "Icefall, I think we have enough prey for tomorrow morning and tomorrow afternoon. If we don't catch any more, we should be able to bring it all back in one trip, too. Should we go now?" She gazed up at the quickly darkening sky. There was still a fair amount of light, more than enough to see and function normally with, but definitely not enough to waste time lazing around. "Besides, the sun is setting. We should get back to camp so we don't hold the others up." With a flick of her tail, Birchpelt jerked her head towards the direction Cloudclan's camp was in.

Before Icefall could reply or she could pick up some of the numerous scaled aquatic creatures on the yellow sand, though, Birchpelt noticed a silver fish feebly twitching beside her. The slimy thing was just barely rubbing against her leg, leaving her fur slick with the water dripping off of its body. She moved her leg away, sickened by the gross residue that remained on her leg, and she padded back to the river to rinse it off before killing it with a blow to the head. Paying the now dead fish no more mind, she picked up three fish by the tails, leaving the bodies and heads to dangle loosely by her upper legs as she walked off, knowing Icefall would approve of her choice.

Nightwing

The queen watched the warrior leave, giving her plenty more breathing room. Nightwing glanced down at the fish, before gently brushing away the harder scales of the fish. Once cleared of them, she bit into the flavored flesh of the aquatic prey, chewing the prey before swallowing it. Sure, the flavor was intense and strong, but that's why she liked it. She still liked mice and squirrels and birds, but fish were definitely one of her favorites. Nightwing was halfway through her meal, munching happily when the medicine cats entered the nursery.

Not a moments peace! She grinned to herself as the medicine cats began talking about the herbs. She sniffed the herbs hesitantly, her nose wrinkled up. "The previous queens warned me about the herbs," her whiskers twitched with amusement at her own joke. Nightwing sighed before lapping up the herbs, almost choking on the taste. She quickly took another bite of the fish, almost sighing as the bitter taste disappeared from her mouth. "Haven't eaten herbs for a long time, excuse my reaction," she laughed. "And another one asks me the same question. Honestly, I'm fine. It feels like the whole clan greeted me and asked the same question with the same worry in their voices. I feel the kits inside of me, but I think I will have three kits," she admitted.

((She'll actually have four kits btw))

Tallstorm

The deputy padded away from him and he watched him speak with Mistystar. He turned back to Ivyclaw before dipping his head in respect. "I'll get an apprentice to get you a meal, if you want at least," he offered.

Tallstorm turned back to Cranewing at the sound of his voice. "Sure thing, Cranewing. I'll go and round up the apprentices after. You also seem to be getting well with Mistystar now," he grinned before scanning the heads of the cats as the deputy left. Birchpelt still wasn't back form her hunting trip, and she had been gone for almost the whole day.

Sagepaw

She watched his expression carefully as he thought about her suggestion. Sagepaw was a bit puzzled until he asked her the question.

"Well ragwort is needed for strength, so I'm guessing strength for her so she can kit. But I was just thinking she could build up her strength, but, oh well," she shrugged as she followed her mentor to the nursery.

The pleasant warmth of the den and the nice smile of the queen made Sagepaw feel relaxed. Waiting until she answered, she added, "Hello Nightwing! You look very healthy and nice, and I am certain the kits would be wonderful!" Then hearing the comment about having three kits, she turned to her mentor. "Would it be possible to feel her belly for the number of kits she will have?" She puzzled.

Edited by Tiga

Mistystar

Mistystar risked opening her eyes, despite the motion signifying the beginning of an announcement. It was only a slit that she could see through, really, so there wasn't much danger of the clan gathering, but she only took a quick glance around the camp, still. Everyone seemed to be present, bar the hunters. No, Barkpelt had returned. Icefall and Birchpelt would be returning soon. It's almost time. I'll have to do the announcement soon. Closing her eyes gently, the leader sucked in a deep breath, ignoring the foul hints in the air. Gathering the clan and spreading information had always frightened her, and it probably always would. She knew slipping up wasn't a problem, but she would always stammer uncontrollably after mistakes. And, with something so important, who was to say, she wouldn't spew out the wrong name and send the wrong cat without noticing? She took in another breath to relax her nerves, and let it out slowly. Hopefully, the clan was ready to listen, too. As soon as the two hunting she-cats returned, she would gather the clan. Slowly, she recited her planned speech in her mind, hoping that she wouldn't make a mistake when the time came.

Cranewing, Deputy

The deputy's ear twitched as he heard his name, and turned back to Tallstorm. I told you, Mistystar and I are just adopted siblings, and deputy and leader, that's all. As for the Night Patrol, Songbreeze will be going along with you. He meowed with a simple flick of his tail. Cranewing buried the bones of his meal, patting the dry surface with his rear paws before straightening up. He sat down, raising a rear leg and kicking it against his chipped ear a few times, a piece of a moss falling out of his ear. Now that the itch was gone in his ear, the tabby rose to his paws and shook out his pelt, gazing back up at Mistystar.

I could go and fetch the two hunting she-cats, but they should return soon. Besides, we'll need all the prey we can get when the announced cats are gone...Am I still once of them? I hope so, though I will miss Misty greatly, and miss my duty and Clanmates. But this journey is for my Clan and their safety. Cranewing told himself, stretching out his legs and letting out a soft sigh. He turned away from the ledge, though his ears still angled in that direction, hoping to hear his friend call the clan. The deputy had to admit, he was excited for the announcement, but he hid this feeling with a calm and relaxed look.

Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Smokeypaw rolled onto her back and stretched, letting out a heavy sigh. She gazed up at Thistlepaw, giving him a small smile as she noticed the curiosity clouding his gaze. I'll eat more soon, don't worry. I'm just pretty darn tired, I'm young and small. The black-and-silver apprentice meowed simply. She had already finished her first meal, and would move onto a smaller one later, but she didn't want to seem like a hog. She continued to lay on her back, since she felt comfortable with her pretty pelt rubbing against the gritty, hard ground. Smokeypaw let her eyelids droop, since exhaustion was slowly getting the best of her. But the fish that she had recently finished off would soon kick in, and give the apprentice energy. Smokeypaw's tail tip curled, and then uncurled once, an she let out another heavy sigh.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw grinned at Smokeypaw the way and older brother might smile at his siblings' playful antics. The younger apprentice was just too innocent for anyone to feel negatively towards her, and simply looking at her tired smile made him forget his annoyance towards Emberpaw. Snokeypaw was a cat that was to be protected like a kit, despite her seeming to be at and age where she would be able to fend for herself.

Seeing that she had finished her tiny little fish, Thistlepaw pulled off a large piece from the one in front of him with his paws, then pushed it towards her. Yes, it was coming out of Willowpaw's supply as well as his own, but he was quite certain that his sister would agree with his donation. "Here you go, Smokeypaw. You need more food for more reasons than one. Many more reasons, actually." Using his tail to poke the chunk of flesh towards the she-cat, hoping she would eat it without any arguments. It would do her good to have more food in her belly. She would be able to train more easily the next day if she had extra energy, despite her lack of strength.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Snowfeather

Snowfeather glanced up at Duskflame, for once her gaze not full,of hate. She dimly flicked her tail and closed her eyes again, not in the mood for his rants. She went back to her thoughts, thinking about the future, and wondering what path she would take. I could become leader one day, or I could become a queen and have kits, she thought longily. She knew it was more likely that she would become leader, though she desperately wanted kits, and would give up her lifelong dream for them. She sighed softly, unsure if Duskflame would hear her. She flicked her tail in annoyance, hoping he wasn't going to bother her.

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Fleckpelt remembered Songbreeze with a pang of pain. Though her words hadn't been harsh, her refusal to be his mate had hurt the tom greatly. He was about to turn to his sister to comfort, but realized she was having a good time chatting with the other apprentices. Fleckpelt then looked around for a pelt similar to his, but remembered with yet another pang that Quillpaw was dead. Normally, the apprentice would be at his side at a time like this, comforting him and ushering Fleckpelt to ask Songbreeze again. Songbreeze will warm up to me, she won't refuse to be my mate next time! Fleckpelt thought, trying to cheer himself up. He could feel his father's curious gaze burning into his pelt.

Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Smokeypaw gave Thistlepaw a faint smile, rolling onto her belly once more and shaking her pelt out slightly. Thanks! She meowed, some of her great energy starting to return. She hooked the meat with a claw, and pulled it even closer, breathing in its delicious scent. With a quiet purr, Smokeypaw began to dine, her tail wrapping around her thin body once more. She chewed the fish contently, her eyes beaming with delight as she continued to eat. The apprentice looked up from her meal with a big smile, a few pieces of meat stuck between her teeth.((Ew)) Though she wasn't looking at Fleckpelt, her ears angled towards him, as she sensed something wrong with him. She reminded herself that he would deal with it, so she continued to finish up her fresh kill.

Birhcpelt

Birchpelt wandered back into camp, the fish she had caught hanging from her tightly clamped jaws. As she entered, she surveyed the surrounding environment, realizing that her hunting group had held the entire clan behind- cats were waiting impatiently, a group of apprentices were scarfing down extra food, and Mistystar was already sitting on Highledge. Quickly, she jogged over to the kill pile, dropping the fish on the single remaining fish that marked where it was to be. Then, pushing the fish closer together for the sake of neatness, she padded backwards a few steps to sit outside the warrior's den, sitting peacefully, but still alert and ready to be called for the meeting.

Her muscles were used to being pushed to their limits and further still, so she wasn't sore and had no aching joints, but the relaxation was still a relief. She tipped her head back a bit, trying to feel the last drops of filtered sunlight before it vanished for the day as she waited for Mistystar. She knew she was a likely candidate- but she wasn't particularly enthusiastic about going either. Hopefully, some more ambitious or adventurous cats would be chosen.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw raised an eyebrow skeptically at Emberpaw, not sure how well he would fit in with everyone else. He wasn't showing the humbleness or excitement that he should be displaying blatantly with the other apprentices, despite him only having joined their ranks days ago. Quite the contrary, he was being proud, bossy, and acting like he was superior to everyone else with his sassy choice of words. And, he was merely regurgitating what his mother had probably told him- not a good sign at all. He wasn't being quiet or at least properly observing the others, and didn't even seem to notice that the things he was doing didn't match the others at all. He even seemed proud that he had waited for the others to finish before talking himself, which was really just common courtesy.

His gaze darkening in annoyance at Emberpaw, Thistlepaw swallowed his mouthful of fish and glared at him. "Yes, and Smokeypaw happens to have her own fish. Unless you didn't notice, you have a large, unbeaten fish there, and a bite isn't going to matter. Furthermore, you do not know how we do things. It is expected that apprentices feed themselves, and the swiftest get the most. It's almost a game, though you obviously don't understand." He turned back to Smokeypaw, pushing his own fish towards her.

ooc: Oops! I meant to write Stormpaw!

ic: "Oh, sorry. I meant to say I was saving Stormpaw some of the fish. And I have already eaten most of my half anyways." Emberpaw said, before letting out a sigh. He hated to argue with anyone. "Sorry for snapping at you that way, though." Emberpaw said appologeetically to the other apprentice. He took a breath and when he did he must of choked on air because he had a small coughing fit afterwards.

Edited by Spottedleaf

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw watched Smokeypaw eat, with a pleased, almost condescending glint in his eyes. He had always wanted a younger cat to take care of, maybe another sibling. But he doubted that his parents would have another litter. He and Willowpaw were their first kits, and raising them had been a serious effort because of their old age. His mother and father had decided to have kits rather late, and as a result, their kits wouldn't ever have younger kin. Willowpaw was wonderful, but she was very capable, more capable of him, most of the time. He had enjoyed playing with Smokeypaw, Stormpaw and Emberpaw when they were kits, but he had always had the greatest bond with Smokeypaw. They weren't adopted siblings like Mistystar and Cranewing, not even close, more like... Friends, of a sort. Close friends where one was much older than the other, and was more than willing to protect and guide the other through life. Though Cloudclan most certainly didn't include any twolegs, a twoleg would most certainly call their relationship something akin to a longtime-babysitter.

Turning his head away from Smokeypaw, Thistlepaw began to groom himself, carefully laying all the hairs flat on his pelt before fluffing it back out. He repeated this process a few times until he was finally satisfied with the cleanness in his fur, then he flopped over on the grass to get as much rest as he could before the clan was called for a meeting. Every bit of relaxation helped build energy, in his opinion, and even if he didn't like hunting or fighting, training was much easier when not half-asleep. Opening an eye sleepily, he turned to Emberpaw. "That's fine. Just watch your tone in the future. How's you day been?" He closed his eyes again, entranced by the comfort of sleep. He wasn't really sleeping, but didn't plan on opening his eyes until someone spoke to him, either.

Emberpaw finished coughing before saying, "Sorry about that. Anyways, I have had a pretty good day to day, I guess. Because after all, today was my first day out of camp as an apprentice." Emberpaw said and pointed out to him. "I just wish I had a little more time to practice before we returned to camp. "He added afterwards before stopping to give the others a chance to respond or comment or whatever.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw opened one eye open to the thinnest slit that seemed possible. His head was still resting on his thick, furry legs when he gave his mumbled reply to Emberpaw's chittering chatter. "Mm-hm. But do you really want to be the one making Mistystar wait for the announcement? Besides, you may have done some training today, but it was nothing, really. When you get into real fighting with your mentor, your muscles will be aching through the night. And, tomorrow, you'll probably just be doing camp duties and exploring." His whiskers twitching bemusedly at Emberpaw's excitement, Thistlepaw continued, despite feeling guilty for crushing the other apprentice's dreams. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it. You'll be a warrior in another six or seven moons, so it's not too terrible. There's fun to be had, too." Closing his eyes again, Thistlepaw resumed a state of half-sleeping, though his brain was whirring with curiosity of how Emberpaw would react. He probably wouldn't be too downed, being new, but he would soon understand the tedious tasks that were to be done daily. And that was just if he had a nice mentor. Stricter ones doled out punishment mercilessly.

"I know there will be good times and bad times during my apprenticeship." Emberpaw said to him, so that Thistlepaw would know that he understood what he would go through. "But I am ready to face whatever happens because I know if it comes down to it then the clan would be there too." Emberpaw looked down at the ground, and realized that he really wasn't hungry anymore. So, he pushed the rest of his fish aside. Then he asked, to get the subject off of himself, "How was your day, Thistlepaw?"