KoalaNoob

Cloudclan

Smokeypaw, Apprenticep

Smokeypaw's energy was rapidly returning, and her eyes were now wide, bubbling with happiness. Deep down, she was saddened by the look on her brother's face when she saw him. Rolling onto her back once more, Smokeypaw's tail swished slowly and occasionally. She gazed up at Thistlepaw, pawing his shoulder with a playful growl rumbling in her throat. I want to see your best move! She meowed, her silver-and-black ears pricked, perched high-up o her head. Smokeypaw now had the urge to play and wrestle, at least since she had a full stomach. Her tail lashed once more in a playful manner.

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Fleckpelt curled into a tight ball, wrapping his tail tightly around his flecked body. He could still feel his father's sympathetic gaze burning into his pelt. Fleckpelt remained in a ball until he heard pawsteps. He gazed up to see Songbreeze walking by, her gaze showing no emotion. Fleckpelt frowned, resting his head once more as Songbreeze passed without a glance. What did I do? She rejected me, I didn't do anything mean to her! Fleckpelt thought with a frown, closing his eyes once more. He shifted, curling a forepaw around the bridge of his nose as he lay in camp. His ear twitched, hearing his sister laughing, a hint of playfulness in her voice. That made him a but happier, but Songbreeze's refusal still stung like a bee. Fleckpelt's ears then angled towards the Elder's Den, hearing his father shift about inside, grunting and muttering to himself as he moved about. He heard Songbreeze's voice, laughing and giggling with another cat. With an upset sigh, Fleckpelt flattened his ears against his skull to block out the noise. Of course, if Mistystar began her announcement, he'd pop right back up with his ears pricked.

Thistlepaw

Hmm... Yeah, this is a wonderful spot for a nice nap. I'll just close my eyes for a second... Nobody will mind, and I can wake up when Mistystar calls us- She has to be loud, so I should be awakened by her voice... Letting out something between a yawn and a tired sigh, Thistlepaw felt himself drift away; everything gradually being pulled away from his comprehension. Then suddenly, a piercingly high-pitched voices shocked him out of the trance, snapping him awake in just a few, brief moments. But it wasn't enough, and he barely registered the declarations and questions of Emberpaw before he floated off again, now with a tail wrapped around his nose. He wasn't even conscious long enough to murmur some indistinguishable words, let alone a coherent reply. Quickly, he returned to the dreamy world sleep brought so effortlessly, as if he had never been woken at all. Any cat who hadn't explicitly seen his tail move and his eyes blink foggily open would certainly claim that he had never been awakened, and some that had seen the movements might even think that he was simply shifting in his sleep. For what it seemed, he had been asleep the whole time.

But soon, another enthusiastic apprentice with an even higher and more piercing voice would speak. And when she did, Thistlepaw would be jolted awake, permanently. And everything went accordingly. Emberpaw requested that he teach her his most powerful attack, and though her voice was soft and mild, her muzzle was right by his ear. This, in tandem with her squeaky kit-like voice would ensure that she be heard through layers of dreamscape.

So of course, he did.

Thistlepaw’s paws slammed onto the ground, causing his body to fly upwards until he was in an alert standing position, with tensed muscles that were ready to spring into action. "Huh? Whazzat? Attack? The clan is under attack?" His head swung around furiously, looking this way and that until he was certain there were no hostile intruders. Then, he finally settle back in a crouched sleeping position. He yawned again, almost returning to his sweet dreams, but instead blinked a few times and sat down, staring at the camp through hazy vision. He turned his head to the cats closest to him, repeatedly turning his head to look at Emberpaw and Smokeypaw "Wha? What happened? Did someone get hurt? Did I do something?"

Icefall

Hearing Birchpelt's words, Icefall swam out of the river. The water made her pelt cling to her bones, making her look even skinnier than usual. She shook herself in an attempt to dry herself, then shook each of her paws. Drops of water flew everywhere, but she still felt soaked. There wasn't time to properly dry off, but at least her thin fur didn't hold water very well. She ran over to where the prey had been piled, then scarfed down the remains of her fish. The prey after such a long day was wonderful, and the fish was large enough to satisfy her. Birchpelt had already left, carrying a few fish. Though Birchpelt had said that they would be able to make it back in one trip, Icefall could see that she wouldn't be able to carry everything else back. Maybe Birchpelt had forgotten about the rabbits? Deciding that one of them could go back for the fish after Mistystar's announcement and that the rabbits were more important, Icefall put the remaining fish into a neat pile and walked over to pick up the rabbits. She was worried about the fish being stolen, but there wasn't much else that she could do. Somehow, she managed to pick up all three rabbits. One of them being scrawny certainly helped, but they still felt like they might fall out of her mouth. The weight, too, was making her neck feel tired. She set off towards camp, moving at halfway between a walk and a run.

It was a relief when she finally reached the camp and could drop the rabbits onto the fresh-kill pile. Could she go back and get the fish before the announcement? No, it didn't look like it. Cats were already gathering, and the announcement wasn't really something that she could miss. Instead, she sat down near the fresh-kill pile and began to lick her shoulders dry. She was careful to watch the rabbits to make sure that no one took them.

((Sorry, it's too late for me to write a Marshflight post. I'll post one tomorrow.))

Tallstorm

His ears flattened as Cranewing reminded him again. Tallstorm was only trying to joke about, but clearly that didn't end well. "OK, Cranewing," was all he could say upon hearing that Songbreeze would be appearing on his patrol. He turned to see the she-cats enter into camp, with fish in their jaws. It wasn't as good as a fat mouse or a good squirrel, but it was prey. Leaving Ivyclaw, he padded towards the fresh-kill pile, snatching a watervole before heading towards Birchpelt.

He dropped the rodent on the ground, his ears slowly perking up. "Hunting went well, I'm assuming from the number of fish you got?" Tallstorm tried to begin conversation. "Share this with me? Cranewing put me on Night Patrol after this announcement," he added, a frown on his face. After nudging the vole towards his mate to offer her the first bite, he flicking his tail gently on the ground. He gently sat down properly from on his haunches onto the ground, feeling the earth below him. Surely the announcement would begin soon?

Willowpaw

When Thistlepaw chose food over a challenge, Willowpaw purred with amusement and nodded. "I do have to agree with thy greatness! Food is a lovely thing to focus on," she laughed, soon returning to her own, half-eaten, meal. She laid there, finishing her fish and listening as the others bickered or simply chatted. Waving her tail, she greeted Smokeypaw with a grin. "You're getting the hang of some good moves, Smokeypaw! Maybe I can practice with you next time!" she stated, laughing as Thistlepaw jumped with a start.

"Relax, Thistlepaw! No one's attacking!" she purred, tail shifting against the ground.

Barkpelt

The camp was alive when he returned, excited apprentices huddled together for a meal while the nursery had its fair share of visitors (including the Medicine cat and his apprentice). Mistystar was perched on top of the protruding stone from which she gave her announcements. However, she was laying down so it appeared that she wasn't quite ready to speak yet. He headed to the kill pile, placing the fish he had carried with what remained of other prey options. Some time later, as he was getting ready to head back to the stream, Birchpelt and Icefall returned with the rest of the prey. Content with the fact that he had no need to leave camp again, he chose to settle down towards the side, away from most other felines.

Birchpelt

Birchpelt stood up and slowly walked over to the other side of the water vole, so she could eat from a place where she wouldn't bump heads with Tallstorm. Resting herself back on her haunches as soon as she reached her destination, she stared mildly at the rodent that her mate had brought. Then glancing appreciatively at him, she bent down and took a small yet hungry bite. Chewing quickly, she swallowed. "Thank you, Tallstorm! It's delicious. I haven't had solid meat in a while. Since leaf-fall has come, all we've been eating is fish, fish, and more fish. Not that there's anything wrong with it, of course, but it does get old, doesn't it?" She took another carefully placed bite, then bending over and reaching out a claw, hooked away the majority of the water vole's skeleton. She placed it neatly beside the meat, then pushed the piece of prey towards Tallstorm. She struggled to not yawn rudely, though the efforts dampened her eyes and her breathing became rather forced. In the end, she allowed a small gasp, and a long exhale afterwards. "Hunting was fairly decent today. There were so many fish! Almost all the big ones were dashing downstream, faster than you could imagine. We think they might be fleeing from something, but we don't know what. We checked their insides and taste tested, but there seemed to be no issues. You should see the river tomorrow, if they're still there- it's quite a sight." Her sleepiness forced her to stifle yet another yawn, but her lack of struggle to stop it completely saved Birchpelt from another onslaught of awkward breathing and teary eyes. "How was your day? I don't think you were assigned any patrols, right? Just the night one later?"

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw shook out his deep gray pelt, utterly embarrassed by his ridiculous performance. Sighing, he sat down and stared at the busy camp, turning this way and that to try to get clearer vision. Soon, his neck became tired and he gave up on trying to be able to see properly; he had enough sight for now anyways. No need to strain himself and wind up all tired, he would make do with what he had. He flopped over onto his side with legs outstretched, in a position that would be quite similar to a running leap had he been upright. He wrenched his strong neck backwards in an awkward looking pose so Willowpaw would be in his sight. "Oh. Okay then, that's good. Did I miss Mistystar's announcement or something? I hope I didn't. So what was the shrieking all about then? Are you guys having a contest?".

He craned his neck back to its original position, then rolled over to face Willowpaw. Though he had to admit that they were a bit too close for comfort now, he also had to admit that it was quite a feat that he was in the same position as before, only flipped. He stared up at his sister's fur, the fine hairs lost into a mess of gray now that he was right up against her. His nose was muffled by her pelt, though he continued to breathe through it. He didn't realize how weird it must have felt for Willowpaw until a while later, but he didn't bother moving even when he had figured it out. Instead, he grinned and pushed air from his nose more forcefully.

((Mistystar's announcement will be in the next post. I want it to be standalone because of the importance, so it stands out more.))

Thistlepaw

Hmm... Yeah, this is a wonderful spot for a nice nap. I'll just close my eyes for a second... Nobody will mind, and I can wake up when Mistystar calls us- She has to be loud, so I should be awakened by her voice... Letting out something between a yawn and a tired sigh, Thistlepaw felt himself drift away; everything gradually being pulled away from his comprehension. Then suddenly, a piercingly high-pitched voices shocked him out of the trance, snapping him awake in just a few, brief moments. But it wasn't enough, and he barely registered the declarations and questions of Emberpaw before he floated off again, now with a tail wrapped around his nose. He wasn't even conscious long enough to murmur some indistinguishable words, let alone a coherent reply. Quickly, he returned to the dreamy world sleep brought so effortlessly, as if he had never been woken at all. Any cat who hadn't explicitly seen his tail move and his eyes blink foggily open would certainly claim that he had never been awakened, and some that had seen the movements might even think that he was simply shifting in his sleep. For what it seemed, he had been asleep the whole time.

But soon, another enthusiastic apprentice with an even higher and more piercing voice would speak. And when she did, Thistlepaw would be jolted awake, permanently. And everything went accordingly. Emberpaw requested that he teach her his most powerful attack, and though her voice was soft and mild, her muzzle was right by his ear. This, in tandem with her squeaky kit-like voice would ensure that she be heard through layers of dreamscape.

So of course, he did.

Thistlepaw’s paws slammed onto the ground, causing his body to fly upwards until he was in an alert standing position, with tensed muscles that were ready to spring into action. "Huh? Whazzat? Attack? The clan is under attack?" His head swung around furiously, looking this way and that until he was certain there were no hostile intruders. Then, he finally settle back in a crouched sleeping position. He yawned again, almost returning to his sweet dreams, but instead blinked a few times and sat down, staring at the camp through hazy vision. He turned his head to the cats closest to him, repeatedly turning his head to look at Emberpaw and Smokeypaw "Wha? What happened? Did someone get hurt? Did I do something?"

"No, no one is attacking," Emberpaw said right after Willowpaw. "And no you haven't missed Mistystar's announcement either. It looks like she is going to start very soon though." Emberpaw added. Emberpaw looked over at the ledge and saw that Mistystar was still up there. He felt wind rustle over his ginger fur. And as he was waiting he let out a sigh.

Mistystar

Mistystar continued to rest silently on the ledge, quietly thinking until she opened her eyes again to peer curiously at the camp. She took note of Icefall, alerted to the fact that everyone was present. Continuing to scan the camp, she quickly realized that everyone was ready for her announcement- in fact, some were already sitting in wait, and nobody was doing anything more important than eating prey. Knowing it was time, she finally stood up, raising her head proudly as she did so. Padding forward a step to assume a more powerful stance, she flattened her fur against her body to remove her soft and fuzzy appearance, then opened her jaw to yowl the command that would gather the clan.

As she spoke, Mistystar called as loudly as she could, pushing her lungs to eject air until she was forced to take a breath. "Let all Cloudclan cats gather before Highledge for a meeting!" She waited for the cats to gather, holding her strong position. It tired her legs, really, forcing them to stay stretched and strained for so long. But it was almost necessary. Nobody would pay any heed to a cat with more fluff than a newborn, even if said cat was a leader. So she continued to make her muscles ache and throb, hoping the soreness wouldn't last too long.

She wondered if she should begin talking right away, but decided not to. Cloudclan would listen much better if they had all managed to be organized, first. There wasn't even much rush. Yes, it would slow the progress of the night patrol, but they needn't go on such an important evening. She could end her speech telling them not to go, and instead leaving a couple cats to keep watch at night. There were exceptionally few predators now, with the smoky clouds and all. Besides, sleeping earlier would prevent another day cut short. Having a couple patrols the next day would be more than enough to make up for this.

Finally sitting back from sheer exhaustion, she waited for her clan to gather.

"It's time!" Emberpaw said eagerly. She got to her feet immediately after saying that and made her way over to where the rest of the clan was gathering. She made sure to sit somewhere where the rest of the apprentcies could sit beside her so that they could watch and listen together and then comment on what was being said as well. Oh, I wonder what Mistystar is going to say! Emberpaw thought to herself, but she didn't realize that she had said her thoughts out loud. Luckily though, it was quiet enough to where only cats that were sitting close to her would be able to hear her. She took a quick glance up at Mistystar who was calmy waiting for the clan to gather beneath the ledge. Then Emberpaw turned away so it wouldn't appear that she was staring at her leader when she definitely was not trying to do so.

Snowfeather

Snowfeather got up and stretched, done resting her eyes. She eyed the fish remaining and padded over to grab one. She picked one up, and turned to go back to her spot when she noticed Duskflame still watching her. She flicked her tail, but went to sit by him, placing the fish in between them, implying he could share it with her. She plopped down, waiting for him to take the first bite, though she remained silent, not really wanting to talk to him. Snowfeather began grooming herself thoroughly, wanting to look good, but not really knowing why, as Duskflame was the only cat that would really notice. She continued grooming, now leaning down to get her paws, when she realized that her bottom was right in Duskflames face. Without noticing, she had turned away from him while cleaning herself, and she quickly sat down, not daring to look back to see his expression. Snowfeather looked down, quite embarrassed about it. She licked her chest fur as a distraction, and lay down to hide her embarrassment.

Duskflame

Duskflame glanced at Snowfeather stood up and went to get a fish from the food pile. He gave her a surprised look when she set the fish by him, but she took no notice. He saw her turn to groom herself, and he took a bite of the fish, the juice tasting wonderful and giving him energy. He hadn't noticed before, but he was famished, and took another bite. he turned to ask Snowfeather if she was having any, and almost ran his face into her rear. He looked down quickly, and turned away. Uh... Snowfeather? D-Do you want any of the fish? he asked nervously, hoping she didn't notice his obvious embarrassment. Duskflame hoped she wouldn't be angry, or maybe she didn't even know he saw her? He held on to the thought, praying to Starclan that she wouldn't kill him for seeing her so exposed.

(I was behind so just ignore this, I will do a post for when Mistystar announced. This part is important for the relationship and I really don't want to waste that much of a post. ._. Don't be mad.... o.o )

Snowfeather

Snowfeather ignored his statement, popping up to listen to Mistystars announcement. It had begun, finally! She was excited to hear what her leader had to say, and maybe she could go on the journey? She would rather be with the clan, but if she was chosen, it would be a great opportunity, not to mention a huge honor. She sat down, calming herself from her excitement. She glanced at Duskflame, her face still red from her embarrassment. Just eat it quickly, I don't want any, the she-cat whispered quickly, not wanting to miss any of Mistystar's announcement. She touched her nose to his, shocked at her own action, before looking up at her leader.

Duskflame

Duskflame glanced at Mistystar before looking at Snowfeather, surprised she wasn't going to eat. He gazed at her, relishing her beauty, before leaking another bite of the fish. He was still hungry, and there wasn't much left... But Snowfeather needed to eat too, and he wanted to show her he could be kind. He similed, then turned his head away so Snowfeather wouldn't see his face. He pushed the remainder of the fish over to Snowfeather after she touched her nose to his, and he blushed. The warrior wasn't used to any affection, let alone from the most beautiful she-cat in the clan. (In his opinion :3 ) He grinned, his heart filling with warmth. He sat down to hear what Mistystar had to say.

Edited by EnchantingMiracle

Fleckpelt, Warrior, & Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Smokeypaw's ear pricked, and the she-cat leaped to her paws, her tail waving. She gazed at her upset brother, and gently touched her paw to Thistlepaw's shoulder. I'mma go sit with my brother he seems...Upset, like, very upset. I hope you get made into a Warrior and get to go! She chimed, giving the tom a friendly flick-in-the-whiskers with her tail. She bounded over to the black-and-silver tom, wrapping her tail around her sibling as she pressed against him. Smokeypaw found herself frowning as her brother didn't purr his greeting, in fact, he didn't even look up. His shoulders were slumped, and his head low.

Flecky? What's wrong bro? Smokeypaw asked with a frown, butting her brother's shoulder with her head. Fleckpelt let out a quiet grunt, his sturdy body remaining still. C'mon, answer me! Whimpered Smokeypaw, nuzzling her brother's cheek, who pulled away and glared down at her with pained, gleaming amber eyes. She flinched slightly, remaining still as she let her brother's gaze reflect in her's.

Songbreeze, it's Songbreeze, alright! You little gossip, can't you see that I asked Songbreeze to be my mate, and she said no?! What're you going to do now, spread the news around like a chatty, singy little bird?! Fleckpelt growled, his tone full of pain as he looked away from his sister. Smokeypaw frowned, only slightly hurt by his words. She sauntered back up to her brother, wrapping her tail around her older sibling's body, her purr soft and comforting. She whispered soft and reassuring words to her brother quietly as he remained still, though both of their ears were pricked and angled towards Mistystar.

Carnewing, Deputy

Cranewing pricked his ears as he heard Mistystar's voice ring across camp. Rising to his paws, the deputy swiftly marched to his spot, just in front of the other Cloudclan cats. He sat down, gazing up at Mistystar with a serious gaze, wrapping his gray tail around his gray paws. He shifted slightly to get into a more comfortable position, his pelt slick and smooth, making him look mature and loyal. Cranewing's right ear twitched as he heard Smokeypaw and Fleckpelt muttering amongst themselves. The deputy turned his head to cast them a harsh glare, making them stop their chitter-chatter and lower their heads in embarrassment. Cranewing had to admit, the sad look in Fleckpelt's eyes made him feel bad. Must be something between him and Songbreeze. Well, things happen, drama's drama, I know Fleckpelt, he'll get over her and move on, he's a good tom. He has a great family, they'll comfort him....Well, Quillpaw would be the one who'd calm him, but he's...Yeah. Smokeypaw just wants something to gossip about. Cranewing thought, his whiskers twitching slightly in amusement. He gazed back up at Mistystar expectantly.

Willowpaw

About time! Willowpaw shot to her feet, her meal finished and the bones tucked to the back of her mind so she wouldn't forget to discard it later. Of course, she shuffled the bones with her as best she could as she moved to get a good spot for the announcement. Her tail twitched with excitement, gaze spanning across the camp to see where clan mates chose to sat. The apprentice didn't know who would be going and it was really anyone's guess as to who Mistystar would pick. At least, it was all guessing for Willowpaw. Maybe Mistystar would go herself and take along the oldest warriors.

Or, was that wise?

Shrugging her shoulders, Willowpaw idly kneaded the ground with growing anticipation. Beside her, she took note of Barkpelt's presence, the quiet warrior sitting calmly with his tail tucked around his legs.

Tallstorm

Tallstorm paitiently waited for his mate to take some meat from the vole before he took a small bite from the rodent. Swallowing the chunk, he grinned at Birchpelt, his tail flicking. "You got that right! I think I had a mouse a few sunrises ago, but since then it's all fish! It's because of the clouds, scaring away everything on dry land," he finished by taking another bite from the water vole. "The fish swimming down might be because they are fleeing as well. If they leave, we won't have a good supply of prey anymore. If the fish might be tainted however, I think Marshflight and Sagepaw would be able to fix some cats up, although it isn't wanted," he explained as she stretched out his hind legs.

"My day is fine, thanks, Birchpelt. And yes, it is just the night patrol after this announcement. You seem awfully tired, that hunting must of really worked you to your bones," he mused, referring to his mate's failed attempts at stifling her yawns.

Nightwing

The queen's ears perked up as she heard the call from outside the den. Finishing her meal in a hurry, she got to her paws. "Sorry Marshflight, Sagepaw. But I cannot miss this announcement. Could you continue it after the meeting?" She excused herself quickly before leaving the den. Nightwing only managed to pull herself out of the den and sat by the entrance or the nursery, close enough to hear what Mistystar was to say.

Sagepaw

"That's fine, I think," the apprentice squeaked. Then with a look to her own mentor, her eyes full of curiosity, and she was going to ask permission to leave the den. It was on her lips and it was obvious she wanted to hear the announcement.

Hoping it was OK, she hopped to her paws and squeezed out of the den. Sagepaw hurried towards the thicket of apprentices and sat down behind the group of cats. She shuffled her frame into a comfortable position.

Edited by Tiga

((So sorry for the short post but I'm not really involved with anything right now.))

Fichpaw

Finchpaw perked her ears up and padded over to where everyone else was. This seems really important, I'm so excited! She shuffled some to get a bit more comfortable. Finchpaw looked around at the others and then looked back up at Mistystar. Hopefully she didn't look to impatient. She stood up walked a few paces and sat back down looking up at the clouded sky. It's so gloomy like that I hate it. Finchpaw noticed the other apprentices and thought it would be better to sit over there. She leaped over there and sat down quietly. She shuffled her paws and looked up towards their leader very exited. Hopefully I'm not disturbing anyone by sitting here. Finchpaw thought to herself. Her eyes darted around looking at everyone else.

Sharp teeth sinking into the flesh of a fish, Halfwhisper lifted the kill from the pile slowly. He balanced himself carefully as more weight was shifted to his front leg. It was something he was far used to, sadly. Missing a leg wasn't all that bad, though. He had never had four legs, so he knew no different. He was just slower than the other warriors. The grey Tom settled down among the gathered cats and set his fish at his feet. He turned his head this way and that as his good eye surveyed the crowd. He was usually alone in crowds. After all, he was a bit of a freak compared to others. Three-legged and half-faced was something others usually gawked at. Halfwhisper didn't mind. He understood he was odd, but didn't let it phase him. Mistystar had been hesitant to even let him become a warrior because of it. The usual training time of an apprentice was extended upon him, and he only recently had become a warrior. The thought of being a warrior was enough to keep him working. Purring to himself as he thought, he bent his head to take a bite from him food. There was no point in letting a warm catch get cold while Mistystar refrained from speaking.

Marshflight

Marshflight nodded in relief, glad that Nightwing felt okay. "Okay, good," he said. Hopefully the birth would be as painless and easy as possible. The last few had been fine, fortunately, but what if something went wrong this time? He didn't have enough experience for that! He went through the same stages of fear and panic before every kitting. This time would be worse, though, because if Sagepaw was leaving he wouldn't even have her to help him...

He closed his eyes. Of course Sagepaw would be leaving. The journeying cats needed someone who knew how to heal, right? He couldn't go, and he didn't want to anyway because his duty was to the whole Clan. If he couldn't protect all of them he had to at least protect most of them, didn't he? He couldn't help cats who were traveling far outside of Cloudclan's borders. In that sense, it was good that Sagepaw would be going. Would she be okay, though? She wasn't a warrior, and there would only be three other cats to help her. What if there were dogs, or twolegs captured her, or anything else happened?

Marshflight heard Sagepaw's voice, breaking him away from his thoughts. Feeling her belly for the number of kits? He didn't remember his mentor ever doing anything like that. He didn't want to cause any problems, and they didn't really need to know how many there were. It would probably be difficult to count, anyway. Nightwing was probably the best judge of how many kits she was going to have. "I don't think-"

Before he could finish, he heard Mistystar calling everyone. The announcement! He followed Sagepaw out of the den, and was pleased to see that the fresh-kill pile was well-stocked with fish. He grabbed one, large enough to feed a cat, and looked around for somewhere to sit. Sagepaw seemed to be sitting with the rest of the apprentices, so not by her. He noticed that she didn't have any food, though. Had she eaten anything that day? She needed to keep her strength up. Should he bring a fish to her? Maybe she planned on eating after the announcement. Still, Mistystar wouldn't mind if cats were eating during the announcement, so long as everyone paid attention. "Here," he said, dropping the fish in front of Sagepaw. "You should eat something." He then walked back the pile and picked up a fish of his own, settling down and beginning to eat while waiting for Mistystar to start the announcement.

As his better eyes surveyed the area, the deformed Tom realized with a pang that Nighwing wasn't within the crowd that has gathered. Where was she? The Medicine Cat's den maybe? Slowly did he survey the rest of the camp as he thought. Both green eyes settled on a dark figure that lounged by the mouth of the Nursery. Ah, there she was! Taking the fish back into his jaws, Halfwhisper bolted to his feet and trotted to his Mate. The fish was promptly settled at the Queen's feet as he stopped. Hello. I figured I should join you. He purred. His cheek brushed the side of Nightwing's own cheek in a greeting. She was getting heavy with their kits. No wonder she hadn't joined the group. Still, he was happy to see her willing to be in earshot even though she must've been tired.

((The color I used is #7FFF00. If that's hard to read, I'm happy to change it.))

Moonpaw, Apprentice

It didn't take long for Moonpaw to get to Highledge when Mistystar announced that it was time for the meeting to start, since she was nearby anyway. The young apprentice waited for the Clan leader to explain what the meeting was about, but Mistystar remained silent after her initial announcement, and before too long Moonpaw became bored, starting to groom her chest and then starting to wrestle with one of her back paws. Once she had grown bored with that she stretched out on her belly, a little irritated at having to wait for such a (in her opinion) long time. "This is boooring," Moonpaw complained to herself and anyone around her who would listen. "Is she really gonna start talking soon?" the apprentice asked, referring to Mistystar.

Edited by Avialae

Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Smokeypaw nuzzled her brother's chin in hopes of cheering him up, before flattening her ears and sauntering back over to Thistlepaw. She frowned slightly, not in that much of a mood for her brother's drama, though she did feel bad for him. Sorry, my brother's having girl problems. She mewed with a soft sigh, sitting down and wrapping her tail around her paws, her bi-colored ears pricked towards Mistystar. Smokeypaw's whiskers quivered in excitement, her yellow-green eyes shining in hope. Maybe her name would be called somehow? Maybe her own brother's? She gazed back at her brother, her black-and-silver paws kneading the ground, noticing that his head was still low, and he wore a slight frown on his face. Shaking her head slowly, Smokeypaw turned her attention to Mistystar once more.

((Adding on to it))

Ivyclaw, Elder

Ivyclaw shifted slightly in his nest, flinching in pain as he moved his leg too harshly, causing pain to ripple through it. Curse pulling stupid muscles! The young elder thought, growling quietly to himself as he rested his head on his paws. He continued to watch his son pitifully, feeling the urge to race to Fleckpelt and nuzzle him, asking what caused him to become so upset. Ivyclaw watched Smokeypaw race away from her brother, causing Ivyclaw to narrow his eyes at his daughter, watching her return to her friend. I'm ashamed of her, leaving her brother in a mood like that! .....Then again, Quillpaw was the only one who could every cheer us up, he kept the family together. Thankfully, Smokeypaw has Thistlepaw, who's always been there for her and watching her, like a sitter. Ivyclaw thought before shifting his gaze up at Mistystar, curiosity burning in his green gaze. He moved his gaze back to Cranewing, purring at the sight of the deputy. He was sitting with his tail neatly wrapped around his paws, his chest puffed out, and an assertive look on his face.

Cranewing, no need to look so stiff and authoritative, I can tell your nervous. No-one doubts you. He called to Cranewing, watching the deputy snap his head at Ivyclaw, surprise burning in his green gaze. Ivyclaw smiled as he watched the deputy relax, and respond to Ivyclaw with a nod, a slight smile on his face. Once the deputy returned his attention to the leader, Ivyclaw gazed back up at Mistystar as well, but only a bit. The "elder" was growing tired, since he had been up all day, and was a bit upset deep down inside. His family wasn't nearly as close as it used to be. Mistystar's voice would awake him when she made her announcements. Ivyclaw grunted quietly to himself, curling into a tight ball before closing his eyes and drifting into a dream

((Dream about the past...))

Great StarClan, ((Totally forgot his former name)), you look like a drowned rabbit! Turtlewing giggled, gently flicking her tail against the flecked warrior's flank. Ivyclaw gently nuzzled Turtletail's belly. Our son and daughter's growing up strong, Turtlewing. They take after Fleckpaw, don't they? Ivyclaw asked with a purr, shaking out his soggy pelt before licking a paw and drawing it over an ear. We ought ta get back to camp to make sure Quillkit and Smokeykit are staying out of trouble, you know those two. Murmured Ivyclaw, flicking his tail and rising to his paws. Turtlewing nodded her agreement, bounding after her mate as they returned to camp, her tail held high. Two black-and-silver kits streaked towards them in greeting, their purrs rumbling. You two haven't been a paw-full, have you? Turtlewing asked in a slightly stern voice, though she still wore a smile.

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Fleckpelt pulled the rest of his body closer as his sister left. Now that she left him, he felt lonely...If only Quillpaw was still around. The black-and-silver tom closed his eyes, letting out a slow, raspy sigh. His fur was flat against his body, and his ears were back slightly, but not flat against his head. He uncurled his tail, wrapping it around his paws tighter, opening his eyes and glancing gloomily up at Mistystar. Out of nowhere, he had a strong hope and urge to go on the journey. Why? I must think I can find Quillpaw....But I'm wrong, Quillpaw's dead, Ivyclaw said so, our very own father. He didn't murder him, that's for sure, Ivyclaw's always loved Quillpaw, he's his son! But no-one found Quillpaw's body, no matter how long the search. No one could scent him either. Maybe something stole him, like a really big bird? Fleckpelt thought, continuing to gaze up at Mistystar, awaiting her announcement. A small, cool breeze ruffled the tom's pelt, causing Fleckpelt to shiver slightly as it passed.

((If no-one posts, I'll be adding on to this as I go, sine I have some homework to do, though it may not take that much time.))

Edited by 20mia08

Finchpelt

Finchpaw got even more impatient. She looked at Moonpaw and shuffled closer to her. "I know right! Then again we might just be a bit impatient." She whispered. She played with the dirt gently while she waited. The apprentice didn't posses much patience. to be made. I can't wait, I don't care if I'm being impatient but, "Hu-" She stopped herself before continuing. It looks like no one heard her. That was good. She flushed red and looked downwards wishing she was still a kit so things like that would be acceptable. Finchpaw longed for her mom and dad but no matter how much she wished they were there they wouldn't be. She sighed and looked back up with a calmer more patient attitude. Her eyes stared up and her mind wandered while she was waiting. Her paws laid still for a moment before shifting into a comfortable spot. Finchpaw was more relaxed and ready for the meeting.

Edited by Lized

Mistystar

Mistystar found herself sitting on the ledge far from the edge, almost inside the tunnel. She enjoyed the safer feeling it gave, with the knowledge the falling or slipping wouldn't result in certain death. But still, she has struggled to make this meeting as formal and official as possible, and she would continue to uphold the traditions. Rising once more, she took two large steps forwards, and lifted her head to begin. Her tail, which was waving along the the cliff's surface came to a halt as if it, too, was preparing for the announcement that would decide Cloudclan's fate. Only after a few heartbeats, though, it resumed some movement: a slight, nondescript twitch.

But that wasn't important. The clan had gathered, and it was time to begin.

"Cats of Cloudclan, I thank you for assembling so quickly. As you know very well, there have been strange, smoky clouds that have gathered here from a faraway place. We do not know of its origins, but we know that it is causing us great struggles. There is no new prey coming to share a home with us, sunlight is shielded, and there has been no rain since. This is a problem we cannot solve by sitting idly by- and our warrior ancestors agree. They have issued us a command that we will follow. Four of you will be sent on a journey to save the clan. I'm sure many of you have expectations for who I have selected. And it's true, I did not choose any cat that could really be considered surprising. But if you have not been, do not fret. I may have simply deemed your abilities more fit for aiding the clan here; the place we all call home. There is no use sending a cat on a journey when he or she will simply fail.

"Now, let me inform you all of who I have chosen.

"Icefall, you are an old, wise warrior. Your constant efforts to better yourself will doubtlessly be essential to the jouneyers' success. You will serve as an excellent leader. Birchpelt, you are aged and experienced as well. Your clear mind and will to express yourself to drive your allies towards justice will be much needed, especially when hardships arise. Please, keep everyone working and filled with hope. Tallstorm, you are a loyal warrior. With great compassion and empathy, I know you will tirelessly keep the group united as a single force. And last, of course, Sagepaw. You are young, not nearly old enough to be a warrior. But you aren't one. You are a medicine cat. You must be the healer, and any sickness or wound will be your responsibility.

Thank you, again. Now you may be dismissed."

Exhausted from her long speech, Mistystar backed into the tunnel. She wouldn't be climbing again. The short walk would be less straining on her claws, and much safer. Hopefully, when she returned, everything would be settled.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Snowfeather

Snowfeather glanced at Duskflame, not surprised he wasn't one of the four warriors sent. She was surprised to note that Sagepaw was sent, but Mistystar made a food decision sending a healer with the group. Snowfeather was glad to be able to stay with the clan, and wasn't disappointed in the least with not being chosen. She glances around at the bustling group before padding into the warriors den to take a nap. Hopefully no one needs me while I'm asleep... The she-cat thinks worriedly. The journey for Sagepaw, Icefall, Birchpelt, and Tallstorm will be difficult. Hopefully they all make it back safely.

Cranewing, Deputy

Cranewing stared up at Mistystar, his jaw gaping open. A...A-Are... The deputy began, shaking his head and fluffing out his pelt in frustration. Mistystar, you told me I was going, this is my duty! You told me I was going to go, and I must, I want and need to look after my Clanmates personally! He called up at her, his tail lashing in anger. I don't even know if Tallstorm wants to go, but I realllly need to go, Mistystar! As deputy, I need to. We don't know what's out there, Mistystar, and I want to know what is there, I want to know whether or not my Clanmates are in danger, and if they are, I needto be there to protect them. He added, his claws kneading the ground as he spoke, his green gaze locked on the leader. Cranewing's muscles tensed, as they usually did when he was stressed or angry, his heart pounding like a drum. Couldn't his adopted sister see that he was no longer a troubled, orphan kit like he used to be? He was now a clever, loyal adult, with a strong spirit and body.

Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Smokeypaw frowned, wishing that her brother's name had bee called. She sighed, slumping to the ground, but jolting back up as she heard Cranewing's voice. He sounded determined, betrayed, and fired-up. Smokeypaw placed her ears back nervously as she watched Cranewing, slinking back a bit with wide eyes. Whoa, something's going on between Cranewing and Mistystar, and something not on the positive side...I have a feeling this is going to be a long argument, and personally...I hope Cranewing wins. She thought, scuttling to the Apprentice's den at top speed. Her tail was low, almost between her legs as she entered the Apprentice's den, quickly plopping down in her nest. Exhaustion was slowly gripping her, making her eyelids droop.

Sagepaw

The apprentice glanced at her mentor when he placed the fish down. She mumbled a "thanks" in return before nosing the creature at her paws. Sagepaw glanced up to Mistystar and judged that she would have enough time to eat. She took a bite of the water prey, savouring the taste of it before glancing back to her mentor. The medicine cat apprentice saw Marshflight talk with Mistystar on numerous occasions. Perhaps he knew who was going?

Sagepaw then shifted into a laying position and finished off the fish when Mistystar began talking. She quickly swept the small bones into a pile and sat up to watch the leader begin her speech. Her ears perked up and twitched several times when the leader continued her speech.

"Icefall, you are an old, wise warrior. Your constant efforts to better yourself will doubtlessly be essential to the jouneyers' success. You will serve as an excellent leader."

Sagepaw glanced quickly to the warrior, watching her espond while her heart thudded in her chest.

"Birchpelt, you are aged and experienced as well. Your clear mind and will to express yourself to drive your allies towards justice will be much needed, especially when hardships arise. Please, keep everyone working and filled with hope."

Sagepaw scanned her eyes to glance the warrior among the throng of cats. She spotted her by her mate, Tallstorm.

"Tallstorm, you are a loyal warrior. With great compassion and empathy, I know you will tirelessly keep the group united as a single force. "

Sagepaw widened her eyes. Was it possible for two cats that were mates? What happened if one didn't return?

"And last, of course, Sagepaw. You are young, not nearly old enough to be a warrior. But you aren't one. You are a medicine cat. You must be the healer, and any sickness or wound will be your responsibility."

Sagepaw glanced around, only to realize it was her. She was chosen because of her healing powers. Marshflight couldn't go, he had full duties here in the clan. But she could go, Sagepaw had nearly finished learning all the herbs, and she would be able to heal her clanmates if they were injured. But the journey ahead, it was dark and mysterious, what was the answer to the clouds? What would she find? She wasn't a warrior, what happens if there was a threat and they would rather need another warrior to fight it, not a healer.

A voice broke her thoughts. Cranewing. She whirled around, hearing the fire in his voice. Sagepaw's ears pinned against her skull. How would Mistystar react?

((Ninja'ed by you Mia))

Tallstorm

Tallstorm listened to Mistystar, his fur pressed against his mate's. Icefall was called out, and then Birchpelt. The tom turned to his mate and approvingly licked her shoulder before continuing to listen.

"Tallstorm, you are a loyal warrior. With great compassion and empathy, I know you will tirelessly keep the group united as a single force."

What? The tom froze in his position, half leaning on Birchpelt half planted on the ground. He was going on the journey? He thought Cranewing was going on it. Then Sagepaw was called to be on the journey. Tallstorm was about to speak up but the deputy had beaten him to it.

"Cranewing speaks the truth," the tom said after the deputy finished. "I sincerely didn't know that I was to go on the journey. Cranewing is fit and is deputy, he has the experience and leadership," Tallstorm spoke up gingerly, his fur fluffed up as he tried to move into a sitting position.

Nightwing

The queen purred as her mate came up to her. "Thanks Halfwhisper. I already ate before, but thanks for visiting me," she grinned a great and warm smile on her face. Then the meeting began. Mistystar's voice was so strong and proud, she could hear her from the nursery.

Nightwing listened to the names called out. She too, was a bit shocked when Tallstorm was called up instead of Cranewing. Practically the whole clan thought he was going on the journey. The queen glanced around the group of cats, all shocked and murmuring. Cranewing then shouted out and Tallstorm did after the deputy finished.

Edited by Tiga

Barkpelt

Stretching out his back, Barkpelt considered Mistystar's choices. They all seemed sound and with valid reasons. Content with knowing that the traveling cats would be able to handle themselves, Barkpelt started to go lay down in the Warriors' Den; then he paused. Cranewing was making a scene, weakly supported by Tallstorm. Mistystar had made her decision. Why must someone try to go against it? He almost rolled his eyes, preferring to keep out of Cranewing's wailing debate. Quietly, he headed for the Warriors' Den, taking idly note of Snowfeather's sleeping form before curling up in his own nest of moss.

Willowpaw

Mouse dung! Tail sweeping across the ground in irritation, Willowpaw lowered her head in a mild form of sulking. She had greatly hoped she would be part of the group! It wasn't really fair that all of the old warriors got to go! She almost opened her small muzzle in a wail of frustration. But, Cranewing's voice interrupted her thoughts. She had always known about the Deputy's commitment to the clan but, so dramatically? She shook her head. Maybe she could protest, too? Or, would she be stepping out of line?

Her tail twitched, face curling into an expression of contemplation. She sort of tried to weigh her options. If she spoke up and tried to refute Mistystar's decision, it could mean a heavier workload for her. She certainly didn't want that! As it was, she disliked changing bedding in the dens, applying mouse bile to ticks, and all the other gross tasks apprentices were made to do. Licking down her chest fur, Willowpaw huffed, getting to her paws and moving to discard the fish bones from her meal before hurrying to hide in the Apprentices' Den.

The group was leaving early in the morning....