KoalaNoob

Cloudclan

Cranewing, Deputy

Cranewing looked at Tallstorm with round green eyes. S-Serious? He meowed, choking on his words a bit. Starclan no! I said she's like a sister, not a girlfriend! He muttered, flexing his claws and gazing down at them. His tail-tip twitched irritably, and his ears were back slightly. Rising to his paws, the deputy marched to the Nursery and poked his head inside, not completely entering. He let his face and eyes hold no emotion, but one of his ears were angled back towards Tallstorm, hoping the tom wouldn't try to listen to their conversation.

Mistystar, Cranewing began, flicking his tail once. I've checked up on cats, and everyone's here except for the apprentices and that Hunting Patrol. Do you want me to head out and find the patrol, and bring them here for your announcement? He asked, his left paw hanging in the air. Truthfully, he liked the inside of the Nursery, it was warm and comforting, though his kithood wasn't all that nice (When he was with Mistystar it was). Cranewing gazed over his shoulder hopefully, hoping the Hunting Patrol would just march in with tons of freshkill, plenty for everyone. When no cat came in from the entrance, he returned his gaze to Mistystar before licking a paw and drawing it over a dusty ear.

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Fleckpelt purred softly as he listened to Smokeypaw's story of training. Songbreeze's pelt gently brushed against his before she sat down beside him. Fleckpelt turned to his side and gently licked Songbreeze's cheek before turning to his sister. Sounds like you've had quite a day, Smokey. I suppose you need to eat some more, like a big warrior! Since you've been training quite a bit, let's get back to camp. He meowed, ignoring her sad groan. Fleckpelt was aware that his sister wanted to get better, that or she wanted to continue blabbing. He rose to his paws, beckoning to his sister with his tail before padding away. Smokeypaw walked alongside her brother, their pelts brushing slightly. After awhile, he noticed she fell behind, and was batting at his tail. When they entered camp, Fleckpelt gave his sister a playful growl, and flicked her ear with his tail.

Snowfeather

Snowfeather glanced at Cranewing quickly, before turning back to Nightwing with a nod of her head. "o.k, I will be right back with your fish, Nightwing." Snowfeather padded out of the nursery and picked up the fish with her mouth. Hopefully this will fill her up for when the kits arrive, Snowfeather thought with a purr. She set the fish down in front of Nightwing, and rubbed her face against the queens affectionately before lying down beside her.

Is it difficult through the pregnancy, she asked Nightwing, wanting to know more about it. Snowfeather was curious, and thought Nigtwing was lucky to get to have her own kits. She glanced wistfully at her round Neely, ready to have the kits and add more cats to the clan. I wonder how energetic they will be... I'm sure they will be quite a handful, Snowfeather thought to herself. She smiled and imagined what it would be like to have kits of her own.

(This is her daydream about having kits)

Snowfeathers mate looked down at her, her round belly large; she was ready to have the kits. She purred, though restless, and rubbed against her mate lovingly. We will have such wonderful kittens, Snowfeather whispered joyfully. She glanced down at her belly....

(The daydream ends)

Fleckpelt, Warrior

While Smokeypaw danced around her brother with hops and leaps, Fleckpelt sat down, rubbing his paw against his face. Yeesh, Smokey, why are you so happy? The tabby asked, narrowing his eyes at his sister. Smokeypaw didn't reply, instead, she plopped down beside her brother, nuzzling into his rough pelt. Fleckpelt smiled down at his sister, resting his head on her's. I love ya, Smokey. I miss Quillpaw just as much as you do, you know? Fleckpelt murmured, feeling his sibling nod slowly. He wrapped his tail around his sister, feeling her let out a heavy, troubled sigh. Fleckpelt could feel Ivyclaw's over-joyed gaze burn into his pelt. He knew his father was happy that his family was so close. It made Fleckpelt happy as well. Fleckpelt let out another sigh, wishing his father's legs would heal, so he could pad over to them and join in on their family time.

Icefall

Icefall waded back into the water, paws moving slowly as if she was stalking prey. The icy water was chilly, but her fur was already damp. With a paw hovering over the water, she stared intently for a minute. A few fish, ones that were too small or too far away to bother trying to catch, swam past. She ignored those. Finally, a rather large fish got close enough to claw out of the water and onto the shore. She looked back, just to confirm that the fish had lander far enough from the water to not escape. Satisfied, she went back to fishing. If she, Barkpelt, and Birchpelt (and Duskflame) caught two or three fish each they would have lots of fish. Adding that to the stuff that any other patrols might have caught, and the Clan would have a decently stocked fresh-kill pile. The time that they had wasted testing the fish hadn't been fun, but they should be able to make up for it before sundown. Splash! A lightning-quick paw shot into the water, hooking another fish. It was disappointing small, but it had been in a good position to be caught. Every little bit helped, anyway.

A third, average-sized fish joined the first two. Icefall kept hunting, but she didn't have enough time to catch a fourth before Barkpelt spoke. "We might as well eat them now. That's less prey to bring back, and with this amount we might need two trips anyway." Reaching the shore, Icefall started putting the fish into a neat pile, killing one that was still thrashing around. There wasn't a reason to let the fish rot, nor one to not finish them now. She would have liked to keep hunting (there was still enough light that she could see the fish, after all) but if Barkpelt and Birchpelt wanted to go back it would be better to go with them. Besides, there wasn't that much time left. She suspected that by the time they got back to camp it would be almost too dark for fishing.

Birchpelt

Birchpelt, up satisfied with her earlier performances dived back under the water. As soon as she did, a large, slippery thing flung itself into her jaw, and the she-cat tightened her grip on it instinctively. She surfaced again, paddling swiftly to shore and placing the already-killed fish on the sand. "Sure, let's eat the opened ones now. I'm not very hungry, I ate quite a bit last night. Should one of us start brining the fish back, though? It could decrease the amount of time it takes us to get back, and we need to return to camp soon to hear Mistystar's announcement. We should be able to catch a bit more first, though. I'll leave the choice up to you." Without further discussion, Birchpelt leapt back into the water, flinging up a shiny silver face seconds later. It flopped around pitifully, helpless now that it wasn't in the river. She pushed herself deeper into the depths, then lashed out at a smaller fish that was darting around, unknowing of it's oncoming doom. She carried that one to the shore, too, and killed both of them with swift blows to the head. The thrashing fins and tails ceased heartbeats later.

Still wary of the fishes' odd behavior, she bent down to sniff each carefully, and upon finding nothing strange still, she strode deliberately back into the water. Checking the innards wasn't worth it. It wasted prey, and they weren't likely to find anything of note. She paddled to the center of the river, her paws working in gentle, relaxed circles, then she held herself on the spot to wait for her clanmates' responses. If there were none, she could easily dive under and catch more fish without any time wasted.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw nodded happily, then turned to leave without speaking to any of the other cats gathered there. He scurried out of the training hollow, shaking his legs as he left to get rid of any grains of sand that had stuck to him. He turned around to make sure Emberpaw made it out of the pit okay, because of her short legs and small paws, then turned to walk the short trail back to camp. But after a couple steps, he paused and craned his neck backwards to reply about the other apprentice's hunting suggestion. "No, I don't think we should go hunting. I heard Birchpelt berating Cranewing about it earlier, and I don't want to mess with that. Besides, it's a long way yo the hunting grounds and we don't have permission. There's a hunting patrol out anyways."

Emberpaw just simply said, "Okay, I guess we better just head back to camp now." He looked up at the sky as he felt a heavy wind rush by them and he felt his ginger and white fur rustle in the wind. Then Emberpaw turned his face back from the sky to look at what was in front of him and towards the direction back to camp. He wanted to make sure that Thistlepaw was with him and was ready before he began making his way back to camp because he didn't want to leave his friend behind, even thoguh he knew that the apprentice would most likely be able to manage because he was a much more experienced apprentice than he was at the moment. Emberpaw wondered what his brother had been up to while he was out of camp today. He would talk to him later about how his day was and what he did.

Thistelpaw

Thistlepaw turned to walk the worn out path back to camp, placing each pawstep lightly. He enjoyed the easy lope he was moving in; it was refreshing after all the battle stances. Lifting his thick tail, he wrapped it around the back of Emberpaw's neck to lead him back to camp, worried that the new apprentice would wander off to explore alone. It wouldn't be the first time that had happened. He tugged at the soft fur that coated his throat, ushering her forwards. "Come on! We should hurry up. There might be no more prey if we're too slow!" He tried to think of the prey-pile he had been unable to eat from in the morning, figuring that there would be enough for them even if the rest of the clan had already eaten. There wasn't going to be much left, but it would suffice to fill their stomach's until the next morning.

He turned to gaze kindly at Emberpaw, wondering if she was tired from the short spurt of training. He must be, after running around him so quickly for so long. Having been a kit only days ago, his body wasn't adapted to the tough training he would soon receive, as it lacked both the muscle and stamina needed. Soon, he would strengthen up though, and would be training with the other apprentices without burning out every bit of energy he had. "Do you want to find a larger fish and share it with Stormpaw, too? Or maybe we can get two pieces and invite Willowpaw to join us. The more the merrier, right? And we can talk about the day, it should be fun while we wait for Mistystar to announce the traveling cats."

Edited by KoalaNoob

Stormpaw

Stormpaw padded towards camp, a breeze blowing his fur around. He shivered and quickened his pace, eager to get to the camp. He shook his striped pelt, feeling like he should be helping the clan in some way, or at least training. I wonder if Songbreeze and I can do some training tomorrow, since it is really important for me to be strong and become a good warrior... he thought. Stormpaw walked into camp with his head held high, wanting to look as tall as he possibly could, and make up for his small size. It didn't really work, but how could he know that? He strode proudly to the nursery, noticing a small crowd, and sat down near Nightwing.

When will the kits be born? He asked Nightwing with a curious look, tilting his head to the side.

Edited by EnchantingMiracle

Mistystar

Mistystar watched Snowfeather scurry off to help Nightwing with her request, the corners of her eyes poking up in a tired smile. It was getting rather crowded in the nursery, with Snofeather, herself, Stormpaw, and a very large Nightwing. She rose slowly to her feet, stifling a small yawn as she did so. Then, she gently shook her pelt to remove tidbits of dried moss that clung to it. She was careful not to disturb Nightwing, but eight eh length of her fur, the success was only moderate. She walked to the exit, squeezing herself through the tiny whole, then turned and poked her head back inside. "Bye, Nightwing, I have to go now. Remember, just tell me if you need something, or if any cat is refusing your selfish demands!" She grinned, hoping to cheer everyone up with the touch of humor at the end. Then, she turned, smiling lightly at Snowfeather and Stormpaw before walking towards a point on the cliff that she thought was the easiest to climb. She leapt against the wall, latching on and beginning to heave herself up the rock face. Before she did so though, she turned to Cranewing. "Do as you please. I will override any foolish mistakes you make."

She could feel the force of her weight bearing heavily against her claws, but it was tradition that she climb to the high ledge above her den for announcements. She didn't have to do this climb, really. There was an easier route where she could simply walk towards, but the entrance wasn't in the camp and she didn't want to spend time going there. It wasn't like she had to do this often anyways, so the exercise was good.

(Once again, I have accidentally posted without wanting to. I'll edit the post on, apologies.)

Edited by KoalaNoob

Songbreeze, Warrior

Songbreeze shook out her pelt, hunting around before returning to camp. She didn't find anything, so she hurried to camp, her tail held high. She left Fleckpelt alone, knowing he was having a good time with his sister. She sat down in a corner of camp, grooming her creamy pelt. She gazed at the nursery, her ear twitching. It was full of noise, but she knew that Nightwing wasn't kitting.

Cranewing, Deputy

Cranewing nodded to his leader, deciding it was best to wait for the others to return. Remembering his dusty pelt, Cranewing sat down and began to groom himself. The tabby rasped his tongue over his leg fur until it was flat, smooth, and shiny, dirt-free. While grooming himself, he watched Mistystar climb up the rocks, twitching his whiskers in amusement. I used to dream of going up there, I think she might've as well. Look at her now, climbing up to her den to make an announcement. Cranewing thought, returning to his grooming. After his pelt was smooth, Cranewing let out a yawn, but kept his ears pricked.

((Ninja'd, but whatever, not much of a problem. Does he go under the rock during announcements?))

Edited by 20mia08

Thistelpaw

Thistlepaw turned to walk the worn out path back to camp, placing each pawstep lightly. He enjoyed the easy lope he was moving in; it was refreshing after all the battle stances. Lifting his thick tail, he wrapped it around the back of Emberpaw's neck to lead him back to camp, worried that the new apprentice would wander off to explore alone. It wouldn't be the first time that had happened. He tugged at the soft fur that coated his throat, ushering her forwards. "Come on! We should hurry up. There might be no more prey if we're too slow!" He tried to think of the prey-pile he had been unable to eat from in the morning, figuring that there would be enough for them even if the rest of the clan had already eaten. There wasn't going to be much left, but it would suffice to fill their stomach's until the next morning.

He turned to gaze kindly at Emberpaw, wondering if she was tired from the short spurt of training. He must be, after running around him so quickly for so long. Having been a kit only days ago, his body wasn't adapted to the tough training he would soon receive, as it lacked both the muscle and stamina needed. Soon, he would strengthen up though, and would be training with the other apprentices without burning out every bit of energy he had. "Do you want to find a larger fish and share it with Stormpaw, too? Or maybe we can get two pieces and invite Willowpaw to join us. The more the merrier, right? And we can talk about the day, it should be fun while we wait for Mistystar to announce the traveling cats."

Emberpaw followed Thistlepaw back to camp, making sure to keep up with him so that they could get back in a decent amount of time. He thought for a few seconds before replying, "I think it would be cool to join up with Willowpaw along with my brother." Emberpaw liked being with the other apprentice and thought that they would probably become good friends. As they got closer to camp, Emberpaw began to see the camp entrance and kind of started to pick up the speed a little bit, hoping that Thistlepaw would follow. He was getting curious to know what was going to happen tonight.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw hurried along to keep up with Emberpaw's tireless bounds, a simple extra stretch of his legs with every step keeping them at about the same pace. The two entered camp together, and the dark gray tom was happy to see that there were still three or four pieces of prey at the pile. Considering how late it was, everyone had probably already eaten, so they would be free to take what they wanted. "Alright then, let's go find them. I think I just saw Stormpaw in the nursery, we can go ask him to join us first. Then we can find Willowpaw, then pick out the prey together. Hopefully we can finish before Mistystar calls everyone for the meeting." Thsitlepaw raced off towards where he saw Emberpaw's brother, nudging his side with to grab his attention as quickly as possible. His tail was waving impatiently, and his voice was fast as he spoke to the younger apprentice. "Do you want to eat with Emberpaw, Willowpaw, and I? We still need to find Willowpaw, but I thought we'd ask you first since I saw you." He was almost salivating at the thought of a nice, plump fish. Even a small one would do, really. Anything to satisfy his rumbling stomach would be appreciated.

((Mia, Cranewing should just be where the rest of the cats are, but closer, I think. The ledge is right on top of her den, so it's not really that high.))

Edited by KoalaNoob

Cranewing, Deputy

Cranewing's ear twitched as he heard Thistlepaw from the nursery. Rising to his paws, he padded to the nursery and ducked inside, waving his tail. I think you apprentices may want to wait until tomorrow, or after Mistystar's announcement. I believe she may be making her announcement right now, since she was just climbing up the rocks. Cranewing informed them, his green gaze calm. But you never know, she could just be going to her den to take a nap, but I doubt it, she usually takes the hard way for announcements. So I suggest settling down and grabbing a bite to eat while listening to Mistystar's announcement, or grabbing a quick snack, at least. He added with a simple flick of his tail. He nodded his greeting to Nighwing, Snowfeather, and the other cats in the nursery. He then turned, padding back outside and near the ledge, to sit closer than other cats. If this was an announcement, he was sitting in his correct spot. If not...Well, he just made an embarrassing move.

Nightwing

The nursery filled up, fast. It was fine with two cats here, but with a third apprentice coming in, the space was cramped and filled. The queen blinked as the warrior rubbed her cheek and she shook her head. "It's not that bad, and they're coming soon," she tried to speak but the air was thick. She watched Mistystar leave, her little joke hanging in the air. Nightwing grinned sheepishly as she left, but it was still cramped. And having a warrior next to her wasn't helping. "Not to sound selfish, but I would like some space. It's getting a bit cramped now, I need my rest," she wheezed, her paws working on the ground.

The fish smelt wonderful in front of her, and she would of devoured it right now. But the cats hardly gave her enough space, especially with Stormpaw tying to look big.

Sagepaw

After realizing she didn't answer Marshflight's earlier question, she winced. "Uh, sure. We can check on Nightwing if we can," she answered, a look on her face. "We would need borage right, and maybe some ragwort? For strength," she added, trying to convince the older cat to agree with the herbs.

Edited by Tiga

Mistystar

Finally finishing the struggle to the small ledge above her den, the rested comfortably on, happy to relax her claws while she waited. The announcement wasn't coming soon, quite the contrary, it would be a while before she gathered her clan, but she wanted the take in the view of her camp, close her eyes, and plan things out slowly. Normally, she would have important lines memorized, and note down important points to make mentally, but this time, she had nothing other than the travelling cats' names. Hopefully, in the state of peace she was in on the narrow overhang shaped for just one cat, she would be able to figure out what she needed to say. But until then, she would just try to calm herself as much as she could, until it grew too dark to wait any longer. For now, though, she would use the hunters as an excuse. The three cats that were in that group were important, established members of the clan, and it wouldn't do to make the announcement without them listening. Sighing, she closed her eyes.

Thistlepaw

He nodded quickly at Cranewing, silently noting his words. But it didn't really make much sense to him why he would say that. Of course they were just trying to edge in a snack, why else would they be arranging to eat a quick fish or two after everyone else had had their last meal for the day? Even if Mistystar was wanting to have the announcement soon, it wouldn't take more than a I dozen heartbeats to find Willowpaw and grab some prey. Though, it wouldn't do any harm to speed up the process. "Emberpaw, Stormpaw, I'll go get Willowpaw. You guys get some fish." He bounced off, in search if his sister. Hopefully, they'd be able to eat at least a few good mouthfuls before they were made to make only tiny, quiet nibbles.

Cranewing, Deputy

Cranewing's ears angled back towards the nursery, but he moved them to another spot. He no longer cared what those apprentices did right now, since it seemed that Mistystar wasn't ready. He gazed up at his leader, a flash of amusement showing in his green gaze. He simply cocked his head, rising to his paws and continue to gaze at his leader. Are you trying to catch the last rays of sun? He asked in a friendly tone, his gray tail curling over his back. Deep down, Cranewing knew his friend's reply would be sharp and harsh, since they weren't getting along well. The deputy patiently waited for some harsh words from his leader, but kept his gaze friendly and humorous. Hunger stabbed the Deputy's stomach once more, but he decided to wait for his leader to respond instead. Maybe her response would be friendly? Still, Cranewing doubted it.

Mistystar

Mistystar's eyes remained closed as she listened to the irksome ramblings of her deputy. Since she had appointed him the position when she gained leaderhood, she had been proud of her choice- He had made several good judgment calls, impressive for someone new to the job and so young. But he also made his fair share of mistakes. Some of them made her question her choice in him and wonder if Icefall or Birchpelt would have been a better choice. She never voiced these concerns, of course, but it was undeniable that they popped up every now and then. And this was one of those times. Utter inability to read the situation and respond according. That was what she was dealing with. Of course, it was fine to test the waters. He had done so when he questioned her about going off to find the hunters, but her cold answer should have told him everything he needed to know. Gritting her teeth, Mistystar squeezed her eyes tighter still, willing for Cranewing to go do his own thing.

She adjusted her body to better sit on the cliff, appreciating the safer position. Balance was much harder to keep with closed eyes, and every teeter frightened her. Granted, there was a safe distance in all the directions around her, but there wasn't something known as "too safe". She would much not lose a life from falling. There were honorable ways to die- protecting one's clan by fighting intruders and enemies, or merely of old age or sickness, among others. Falling off the announcement ledge while sitting still was not one of them.

Thistlepaw hurried along to keep up with Emberpaw's tireless bounds, a simple extra stretch of his legs with every step keeping them at about the same pace. The two entered camp together, and the dark gray tom was happy to see that there were still three or four pieces of prey at the pile. Considering how late it was, everyone had probably already eaten, so they would be free to take what they wanted. "Alright then, let's go find them. I think I just saw Stormpaw in the nursery, we can go ask him to join us first. Then we can find Willowpaw, then pick out the prey together. Hopefully we can finish before Mistystar calls everyone for the meeting." Thsitlepaw raced off towards where he saw Emberpaw's brother, nudging his side with to grab his attention as quickly as possible. His tail was waving impatiently, and his voice was fast as he spoke to the younger apprentice. "Do you want to eat with Emberpaw, Willowpaw, and I? We still need to find Willowpaw, but I thought we'd ask you first since I saw you." He was almost salivating at the thought of a nice, plump fish. Even a small one would do, really. Anything to satisfy his rumbling stomach would be appreciated.

Mistystar

Finally finishing the struggle to the small ledge above her den, the rested comfortably on, happy to relax her claws while she waited. The announcement wasn't coming soon, quite the contrary, it would be a while before she gathered her clan, but she wanted the take in the view of her camp, close her eyes, and plan things out slowly. Normally, she would have important lines memorized, and note down important points to make mentally, but this time, she had nothing other than the travelling cats' names. Hopefully, in the state of peace she was in on the narrow overhang shaped for just one cat, she would be able to figure out what she needed to say. But until then, she would just try to calm herself as much as she could, until it grew too dark to wait any longer. For now, though, she would use the hunters as an excuse. The three cats that were in that group were important, established members of the clan, and it wouldn't do to make the announcement without them listening. Sighing, she closed her eyes.

Thistlepaw

He nodded quickly at Cranewing, silently noting his words. But it didn't really make much sense to him why he would say that. Of course they were just trying to edge in a snack, why else would they be arranging to eat a quick fish or two after everyone else had had their last meal for the day? Even if Mistystar was wanting to have the announcement soon, it wouldn't take more than a I dozen heartbeats to find Willowpaw and grab some prey. Though, it wouldn't do any harm to speed up the process. "Emberpaw, Stormpaw, I'll go get Willowpaw. You guys get some fish." He bounced off, in search if his sister. Hopefully, they'd be able to eat at least a few good mouthfuls before they were made to make only tiny, quiet nibbles.

Emberpaw walked back the rest of the way to camp. When he finally got back into camp, he looked around for Willowpaw. In reply to what Thistlepaw had said, Emberpaw replied, "Okay. Me and Stormpaw will meet you somewhere in the clearing. It shouldn't be hard to find us. Oh and don't worry I promise to save you some fish!" Emberpaw finished saying, before hurrying over to the fresh kill pile to pick out a couple of pieces of fish for him, Stormpaw, Willowpaw, and Thistlepaw before making sure that Stormpaw was near by.

Cranewing, Deputy

The deputy's ears went back, hurt showing in his green gaze once more. This emotion left moments later, along with himself. He approached Smokeypaw with a simple flick of his tail, watching Fleckpelt walk away to chat with Songbreeze. Smokeypaw, get Ivyclaw a meal, I haven't seen him eaten yet. After that, check on the Medicine Cat and his apprentice. Once your finished with those tasks I assigned you, get yourself something to eat. Cranewing meowed, his eyes narrowed. He watched the apprentice nod and scurry off to her father swiftly, a fish hanging in her jaws as she ran. Cranewing reminded himself of the Night Patrol, deciding it was time to return to work. He sat down to think, gazing up at the darkening sky.

Hmmm....Barkpelt, Icefall, Birchpelt, Thistlepaw, Smokeypaw, Fleckpelt, Songbreeze, Willowpaw, and a few others have been working quite a bit today....I'll gather Tallstorm, Stormpaw, Emberpaw, and a few others to go. Maybe myself as well...? I'd ask Mistystar, but she's leader, and would probably bite my head off right now, she's not very pleased with me at the moment. The deputy thought, rising to his paws once more and stretching out his legs. He returned to Tallstorm, waving his tail in greeting as he approached the Warrior. He cleared his throat to speak, believing that the Warrior was already aware of what he was going to ask of him.

Tallstorm, I need you to take Emberpaw and Stormpaw on the Night Patrol tonight. If I'm not journeying tomorrow, I'll go as well, but we'll fine out at the announcement tonight. Straight after the announcement, I want you to gather Emberpaw and Stormpaw, as well as another cat, and set off. Remember, Night Patrols happen every day, so please, no arguing with me...Just saying, I've been scolded lately. Ordered the deputy, his voice serious and content. Without waiting for a reply, Cranewing gave the warrior a curt nod and padded away, looking for other cats to order around.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw paused mid-run to turn around and nodded happily at Emberpaw and Stormpaw, then he returned to his swift leaps and bounds to find Willowpaw. His eyes flickered back and forth from his turning head to try and catch a glimpse of his sister's familiar pelt, but it took him quite a while to find her. When he did, she was merely sitting in the apprentices' den with a fish sitting in front of her. Elated at the familiar sight, he ran over, hopping from paw to paw so she might act more quickly. "Come on! Hurry! Emberpaw and Stormpaw invited us to go eat with them, they said we can meet them in the clearing. We have to be fast though, so we can fill our stomachs before Mistystar begins her announcement. I already saw her climbing-" he turned to stare at the announcement ledge, where she saw Mistystar sitting on. It was too far for him to read her expression, but he assumed it would begin soon. "Actually, she's already up! Let's go!" He picked up the fish Willowpaw was about to eat, and scampered off to the appointed meeting spot, impatiently waiting for Emberpaw and and Stormpaw.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Emberpaw saw Thistlepaw was glancing at them and then he noticed that Mistystar was climbing the ledge where she would summon the clan from. Emberpaw jerked around to Stormpaw and said to him, "We will have to eat later! It looks like Mistystar is about to start the meeting now!" Without waiting for a reply from him, he picked up the two fish he had picked out of the fresh kill pile and put them back on the pile, hoping that they would still be there when they were ready for them again. Even if he had to go out of camp after the meeting he was hoping that he would be able to catch something while he was out so that he could eat it when he got back.

Cranewing, Deputy

Cranewing continued padding around, his ears perched high up on his head as he searched for cats. He spotted Songbreeze, and padded over to the pale tabby, giving her a nod of acknowledgement. She returned to nod, gazing up at the deputy and asking him what he wanted. I'm ordering the Night Patrol, and only have one warrior on it so far. I know you did the Night Patrol yesterday, and the Dawn Patrol today, but could you possibly tag along? If you don't, that's fine, I'll find someone else. Meowed Cranewing, sitting down in front of the warrior. Songbreeze gave the tom a cheery nod, a big smile on her face. Great, thanks Songbreeze! Talk to Tallstorm, the patrol's heading out after the meeting. Meowed Cranewing, nodding to the she-cat before padding away, his tail high. He watched Smokeypaw race about, carrying fish to cats who were in need of it. Cranewing felt pleased as he watched her, happy that a cat was listening to his orders. He continued talking with cats, ordering a few to eat or clean some nests. After that, his hunger finally got to him, and he settled down with a small fish, gobbling it down in swift bites.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw frowned at Emberpaw, annoyed that he wasn't doing anything. Mistystar hadn't started yet, it almost seemed like she was preparing. They needed to hurry. If the younger apprentices weren't wanting to eat, it wouldn't detriment him from satisfying his growling belly. They already had a fish, anyways. Willowpaw and him could eat that. But maybe he should give the others a chance to have some fun. The newbies weren't well-versed in the ways their peers did things, and the faster they learned, the easier their life would be. Of course, most of the apprentices that were training now were soft and lenient, unlike the stories of tough, ambitious ones that once roamed the clan, but they were just good things to learn overall. Calling out, but not too loudly, he meowed, "Hurry up, you two lazybones! Emberpaw, Stormpaw, Mistystar isn't making the announcement yet! We should eat first so we aren't distracted later!" Without waiting any more, Thistlepaw dashed to the fresh-kill pile, snapped up a fish in his jaw, and tossed it where the other one was. He shoved his head towards the food, pulling a large chunk from the first fish' body, and chewed luxuriously. He allowed the soft flesh to be torn apart by his sharp teeth, savoring the juices that leaked out. He swallowed, then licked his lips. He would wait for the others before eating more; that one bite, albeit large, was just what he needed to hold out until his peers joined him in the delicious meal.

Edited by KoalaNoob

[[Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down! Aha. We want to give Enchanting a chance to respond, do we not?

*tries to follow the cats that keep running back and forth around each other but gets dizzy*

I'll post Willowpaw's now and work on Barkpelt's for my next post since you all want to be whirlwinds x.x

Plus Koala, Willowpaw was in the Apprentices' Den, already starting to eat :\]]

Willowpaw

Thistlepaw? She heard a storm of words and then her half-eaten meal was pulled out from between her paws, a familiar form darting out of the Den without waiting for any sort of response from her. "H-Hey! Thief! Give me back my fish!" Willowpaw yowled, a purr of laughter under her words as she chased her brother. Excitement welled in her chest, an old feeling from her play fights with Thistlepaw resurfacing after so long of laying dormant.

Eyes narrowing and expression turning into something calculating, she caught up with her brother and pounced with a "war cry." "You're mine now, Thistlepaw! I'll make you wish you never touched my food!" she exclaimed, eagerness betraying her attempt at being a "doom sayer."

Edited by Narvix

((Oop, sorry. I was skimming when I read the posts that I missed while sleeping, so I guess I missed the sentence that said she took it to the apprentices' den. ^^; ))

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw yowled in real terror at his sister's mocking threats. As she bowled him over, he struggled to roll out of her grasp without crushing the prey beneath him, or hurting his significantly smaller sibling. Eventually giving up in his endeavors, he flopped over onto his belly with an oomph, feeling the air slowly beginning pushed out of him. A goofy grin stretched across his face as he realized that the fight was more of a joke, and he playfully thrashed his tail, lashing it across Willowpaw's back. "Okay, okay, you win! Will you get off me now? I think I might barf now that I've been rolling around so much after such a large bite of food. And if I do, it'll be all over you!" He hoped the silly threat would have her give up the play-fight so they could eat, but he really wasn't sure. He hadn't play-fought with her for a long time, and she seemed to be really enjoying herself.

He mrowed at his sister's joy, then turned his neck sideways so he could stare at face. Upon turning, he realized that she was closer than her though, and would have recoiled in terror had he not have been stopped by the ground underneath him. Ignoring the ache in his neck that came with the awkward motion, he stretched his jaw wide open, almost like he was going to bite her nose. Instead, he let out a growling roar, made comical by his kittishly high voice. "You'd better back off, or I'm going to eat you! The great Thistlepaw takes whatever prey he wants, and no tiny Willowpaws shall stop him!"

Edited by KoalaNoob