TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

Am I the only one that absolutely HATES not knowing what the new dragons will be?!

I'm sure you're not, but I like it the way it is. wink.gif I only wish there was a way to shorten the time that TJ's hatchies need to grow up. It's a lot of fun to wait for half a day to see what the hatchies look like. But while I still like the suspense in waiting for the adult dragon, three days is just such a long time ! 24 hours would be more to my taste. wink.gif But all in all, I prefer not to know the dragon beforehand.

Regarding communication on DC - I think it improved quite a bit lately. TJ told us about the things that would happen in June well beforehand, about the status of the Encyclopedia, and he announced the change in the timing of releases within the post of a scheduled release that was perfectly on time. There were some very ad-hoc things in the past, but for the last few months everything went really great in that regard.

About the change: My absolute favourite would be releases at random intervals, no more than one dragon per month (more than that only now and then, so it would be a special occasion) - that are announced a week or two beforehand. Or at least hinted at, like "watch out during the next few days" or something like that.

But that's just me, others have different preferences.

Now the waiting begins ! I had hoped TJ's little ones would hatch before I go to bed, but as it seems now, I'll probably have to wait a little longer and wake up to the hatchies. And then there are those loooong three days...

So, everyone - click TJ's eggies ! All of them ! We want the little ones to hatch and gender as fast as possible, don't we ?! laugh.gif

Arrgghh. Eggs mixing in already sad.gif

Holy crap...already?? O_o When did they start dropping? I snagged mine about an hour ago. Well, alrighty then. That sucks.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Haha! I knew I was right when I mentioned he may be trolling us.

It still doesn't mean he's trolling. He could just be clever. (He could be trolling, sure, but I tend to think he leaves that for April.)

Eight eggs could be:

-Four adults, four hatchlings

-Five adults, three hatchlings

-Six adults, two hatchlings

-Seven adults, one hatchling

(Didn't do lower numbers since I doubt it'd be more hatchlings than adults. I also doubt the odd numbers, but it could be.)

So we'll have to wait and see. :3

Counterpoint: Coppers, Blusangs, Trios... That most of them remain relatively easy to get a week after is cold comfort to those who miss out on the few that become nigh-unobtainable.

Oh the Coppers..don't mention them it's become a trigger for me. laugh.gif I'm now OCD on all new eggs and I always panic when I see regular eggs mixing in so soon and figure "what if I can't get/find more" down the road.

Wow, totally missed this. And at the time of this writing, there is no eggs ANYWHERE. O.O Are they in all biomes? But judging from the 68 people in the forest and the 74 people in the alpine, that's where they are. Lol... I'll catch two eggs for now in case we're being trolled, but I can't wait to see the hatchlings and especially the adults!!

Also, did I mention I have a feeling theses are uncommon or rare?

Edited by slp0001

@slp0001:

The new eggs are found in the Alpine and in the Forest.

They drop every five minutes, so at the full hour and then at xx:05, xx:10 and so on. Good luck hunting !

Gorgeous eggs, I can't wait to see what comes out of them! ^.^

For my part, though, I absolutely ABHOR the idea of not being able to plan around new releases. Some of us are working on breeding projects and trades, and the schedule keeps our plans doable. Not to happy with the news that now I'm constantly going to have to stress about potentially dropping things and throwing a monkey wrench in my plans. =\ Thanks for the heads up, I guess.

I was just on the hour and clicked every egg I saw. Every one. And didn't get a single one...

@Lantean_Pegasus- thanks ^^

Scratch that, I just got two! Yes!!!

Edited by slp0001

If the forum would actually notify me, as I've repeatedly requested, of new News posts, I wouldn't mind more random releases. As it is, I'm too busy as a full time college student to constantly monitor (or to remember to monitor) the forum in the hope of spotting posts regarding release of new dragons, events, and features. Knowing when to expect a release makes things easier on me and makes it more enjoyable for me since I'm one of those people who prefers to grab a set of new dragons on release day.

Then again, I'm sure my opinion won't matter, as usual.

Thank you for the new dragon. It's a pretty color and I'm excited to see what it could be.

I got my eggs. biggrin.gif

I'm totally against the idea of random releases. I work too much in real life, I have a really busy schedule so it's important to me to know which day a release will occur so I can plan what to do with my scroll, what to breed and when and when leave my scroll free (like I did for today). "Surprise releases" means "lost releases" to me and I would be very sad, because I love the release of new dragons, it's very important to my game style.

So, I guess this means I am NEVER EVER going to get any of these eggs. This sucks. unsure.gif

Ugh...can't seem to snag any...stupid internet *shakes fist*

Thanks for the new eggs, though.

Also...maybe there's 8 eggs because 8 is perfectly symmetrical?

Edited by Frozenblade

I'm sorry, but people's reactions to the number of eggs force me to do this.

Eight eggs, all the way across the post!

It's TOO INTENSE!

WHAT DOES IT MEEEAAAN!?

/doublerainbowidiocy

Okay, I'm good now. tongue.gif

That said, I'm guessing there are four adult sprites and four hatchlings, since TJ always puts frozen hatchies in the post alongside the adults.

I think the 8 eggs are like either the Nebulas or the Ridgewings. The Nebulas have 4 colors that are gender-related. The hatchies aren't dimorphic other than on color, but the adults are on color and shape. Four hatchies, and four adults. The Ridgewings have only 2 colors, but both hatchies and adults are dimorphic on shape. Again, 4 hatchies and four adults.

For both Nebulas and Ridgewings, hatchie dimorphism isn't apparent until S2. So we'll probably have more time to wait after they hatch before we find out.

Got 2 new eggs, and now I'm locked. :-( Well, I'll come back tomorrow for a second helping. Can't wait to see what the moisture-coated drags will look like!

BTW, I *almost* caught a cheese egg that appeared among the new stuff, awwww...

It still doesn't mean he's trolling. He could just be clever. (He could be trolling, sure, but I tend to think he leaves that for April.)

Eight eggs could be:

-Four adults, four hatchlings

-Five adults, three hatchlings

-Six adults, two hatchlings

-Seven adults, one hatchling

(Didn't do lower numbers since I doubt it'd be more hatchlings than adults. I also doubt the odd numbers, but it could be.)

So we'll have to wait and see. :3

Maybe, just maybe. Though I'm hoping it's alts or something. If it is a joke or troll then I'd still be happy, never know what TJ has up his long sleeves..

why 8 eggs?!?? Multimorphism? (Does that word even exist? xd.png) ah, but TJ always freezes 1 hatchie, soo... Tetraphism? xd.png

*lol* I love the "Multimorphism" !

Oh, these sort between Ultraviolets and Valentines...

...Yep, I knew my hunch was right. This is a good release.

And now I want to call them "Ultramorphs" - even if that doesn't exactly sort between the abovementioned. laugh.gif

Edit: People, don't be so lazy ! We have up to four different hatchies/dragons here (or whatever the number may be, but it is higher than 1), so don't click only the first egg in TJ's parade - I'd like to see the others hatch and grow up as fast as possible as well ! wink.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Got here really late, but managed to snag me 4 eggs in past 3 drops, so not to bad. And eggs somehow remind me of copper with their color.

Got 2 new eggs, and now I'm locked. :-( Well, I'll come back tomorrow for a second helping. Can't wait to see what the moisture-coated drags will look like!

BTW, I *almost* caught a cheese egg that appeared among the new stuff, awwww...

I caught a Gold Wyvern in the Alpine. Wasn't expecting that! O.o

Also, I haven't said this yet, so... the eggs are beautiful! Wonderful job, spriters!

If the forum would actually notify me, as I've repeatedly requested, of new News posts, I wouldn't mind more random releases. As it is, I'm too busy as a full time college student to constantly monitor (or to remember to monitor) the forum in the hope of spotting posts regarding release of new dragons, events, and features. Knowing when to expect a release makes things easier on me and makes it more enjoyable for me since I'm one of those people who prefers to grab a set of new dragons on release day.

Then again, I'm sure my opinion won't matter, as usual.

Thank you for the new dragon. It's a pretty color and I'm excited to see what it could be.

I have the News Post Notification set up, but I never get emails about new release posts, either. My suspicion is that TJ sets it that way so that people *have* to come to the forum (or visit the cave) to find out about new releases. It's annoying, but I suppose it helps level the playing field somewhat. *shrug*

General thought: I would guess that the decision to switch up the release schedule again is based on player activity, not what players say they do. I'd imagine that, behind the scenes, TJ has access to a vast amount of user data - peak activity, low activity, trends, and so on. If, after ~18 months of (mostly) scheduled releases, the player base has proven to (mostly) show up for the first weekend on the month and then (significantly) disappear thereafter until the beginning of the next month,* that probably doesn't look like a game that has much going on or one that has a lot of staying power. With random releases, players need to be around more and more active if they don't want to miss out, and while they're here they find they might as well breed that pair or raise that hatchie they grabbed in the AP - they become more involved in the game as a result. Whether it'll work remains to be seen.

Not to mention, I've had the feeling for some time that the scheduled releases make it *harder* to catch things because more people are ready and waiting with empty scrolls to hoover up eggs on the dot. With random releases, IIRC, people would often comment that they were not going to release any eggs they had on their scroll and that must have gone some way to reduce the mad rush - or the canny AP hunters had some tasty things to scoop up...

*Think about it - how many people clock in to grab "their two" and then vanish again? (Often while tacitly or not-so-tacitly berating anyone with higher collecting goals for being "greedy"?)

Am I the only one that absolutely HATES not knowing what the new dragons will be?!

Nope, you're not alone. I hate waiting to see the adults. I'm not big on surprises either. I want it and I want it NOW!! Yup, impatient I know. But it doesn't kill me to wait, just drives me a little nuttier. tongue.gif

There have been folks complaining that the scheduled releases are boring, or feel like an appointment rather than hunting, or that they find it harder to grab eggs when all of DC is waiting for the drop. They may not be flooding this thread, but they're around.

That said, I will miss not having to choose between dropping eggs or skipping releases...

Wow,  totally missed this. And at the time of this writing, there is no eggs ANYWHERE. O.O Are they in all biomes? But judging from the 68 people in the forest and the 74 people in the alpine, that's where they are. Lol... I'll catch two eggs for now in case we're being trolled, but I can't wait to see the hatchlings and especially the adults!!

Also, did I mention I have a feeling theses are uncommon or rare?

I have to giggle (not at your expense at all please take my word) because every time we have new eggs someone mentions in DC that they think it's an uncommon or a rare. One of these might happen sometime but, so far for all the times it's been mentioned, they're just nice new eggs but not in those categories.

Edited by Misha