LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I got both Ruby and Sapphire on release date.^^ Finished Sapphire already but now I have nothing to do... I doesn't feel fulfilling for some reason.D: So I just went back to playing with my Y.xd.png

Play Ruby. Catch all the Legendaries?

Whooo boy. I finished up Alpha Sapphire. About half of my team got destroyed by Steven's Cradily, of all things. Mega Metagross was a walk in the park compared to Cradily. (It didn't help that Metagross only tried using Giga Impact when I was in the invincible stage of Dig. Sceptile wrecked its crap. xd.png)

I never thought I would get a Linoone in the Hall of Fame, but guess what happened. tongue.gif Thanks to his Pin Missle and ROCK SMASH, of all things(Every time I used it, the enemy's Defense dropped, so it acted like Power-Up Punch), Sidney was ridiculously easy and Glacia wasn't as bad as I expected for a team of primarily Grass and Dragon. It could've been easier(looking at you, Froslass), but it was still amazing that a Linoone carried me that far. smile.gif

Edited by FlyingDragona

Grr.  Hiss.

I found my shiny Azelf and then clicked the wrong attack and fainted it.

Oh man, that sucks sad.gif. I know the feeling of losing a shiny, hope it re-shines fast.

~

I had TWO Skitty chains on the DexNav break over 300 with no shinies, so I decided to casually do run aways for Latios from the Eon Ticket.

user posted image

This is the result of hunting half arsed xd.png. I was totally not expecting a shiny, I was busy talking to a few friends on a chatbox when I heard sparkles. Timid synch failed and it ended up Quiet, but I'm pleased that it was a fast hunt smile.gif. I only saw 233 Latios when it appeared. Caught him in a Dive Ball like my shiny Latias a while back so they would be a matching pair.

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

Timid synch?

I usually try to catch my shinies in Premier Balls. I mean, what ELSE am I going to use them for, hmm? I'm just glad that ORAS give you a Premier whenever you buy 10 balls, and not just when you buy 10 PokeBalls. Can you buy just the Premier Balls in ORAS? I know that you could in X & Y. Anyway! I don't know if Azelf is going to be able to be caught that way or not, though. I guess I'll find out once I find the shiny again.

And also? Shiny Latios is pretty.

how do you tell if you got the eon ticket?

When you're on the PokeNav and it shows the little icon that looks like a mailbox (the screen where it tells you if you streetpassed others), it will say "Congratulations! You received an Eon Ticket!"

I believe then you can to go a PokeMart and pick up the actual ticket.

When you're on the PokeNav and it shows the little icon that looks like a mailbox (the screen where it tells you if you streetpassed others), it will say "Congratulations! You received an Eon Ticket!"

I believe then you can to go a PokeMart and pick up the actual ticket.

I got my eon ticket in the pokemon center.

Timid synch?

I usually try to catch my shinies in Premier Balls. I mean, what ELSE am I going to use them for, hmm? I'm just glad that ORAS give you a Premier whenever you buy 10 balls, and not just when you buy 10 PokeBalls. Can you buy just the Premier Balls in ORAS? I know that you could in X & Y. Anyway! I don't know if Azelf is going to be able to be caught that way or not, though. I guess I'll find out once I find the shiny again.

And also? Shiny Latios is pretty.

A Timid Ralts with Synchronize, you have a 50% chance of the Pokemon getting the same nature as the synchronizer. I was hoping my Latios would get a Timid nature, but it failed and I got a Quiet one instead.

Is is really pretty, I totally lucked out on getting it so fast wub.gif.

Anyone still shiny hunting for legends and not found one yet? I've been trying to get Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion shiny on AS since release day. Still nothing. With the charm. And I've started a badge quest on OR. Or I will, once Treecko is shiny. rolleyes.gif 222 SRs in, not expecting to get it in the first 500 tbh.

Anyone still shiny hunting for legends and not found one yet? I've been trying to get Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion shiny on AS since release day. Still nothing. With the charm. And I've started a badge quest on OR. Or I will, once Treecko is shiny. rolleyes.gif 222 SRs in, not expecting to get it in the first 500 tbh.

I'm hunting for Shiny Zekrom and still haven't seen it after 5,440 SRs

Finally got the Eon Ticket and caught Latias!

Yes, I'm still working on Shiny Latios in OR. I'm not keeping track of my SRs, but I've been trying for a good week.

Yes and no. As previously mentioned, I found a shiny Azelf and fainted it.

Badge quest? What's that?

Yes and no.  As previously mentioned, I found a shiny Azelf and fainted it.

Badge quest?  What's that?

And I asked if there was anyone who hadn't found one yet. Sorry about the loss, though - I'm also hunting for one of those. What I'm going to do after Treecko shines is take on the gyms and the league with shinies only.

@purpledragonclaw

Good luck with Latios! If I ever get the Eon Ticket in AS, I'm hunting for that to complete the duo.

@Ginji

That's horrible. I hope you find one ASAP.

I haven't found any shinies in ORAS yet. I did trade for a shiny Latios at one point so I'm trying for a shiny Latias to match, though.

I'm still working on my shiny ho-oh hunt in Ruby. I don't keep track of SRs but I'm guessing maybe a couple hundred (with the shiny charm) so far. This has all been pretty spread out though with work and sleep and holidays and Smash bros and stuff.

I got a non-shiny Timid Latios, so I decided to take a break and use my Eon Ticket to try for Shiny Latias. After 120 RAs, she's shiny... and I faint her by mistake. I didn't save before obtaining Latios (in case I decided to keep trying for a shiny) so I'm going to try again. xd.png

I restarted my AS so I could catch some of the legendaries with better stats, and low and behold I got another Eon Ticket xd.png Now I can go shiny Latios hunting to match my Latias xd.png

My cousin just sent me a picture of his character and the text "_____ obtained an Eon Ticket!" Now I'm trying to find my charger so I can connect to the internet and get it for myself! Luvs shiny latias. will try for 1 as soon as possible!

Edited by EmmaD333

I never use status moves on my pokemon. All my mons know how to do is attack. I've never lost a battle in ORAS. Or the other 6 pokemon games I have. Also, peoples pokemon in videos are so WEAK. I mean, like, level 50 when against the

League. Mine were lvl 70/80 by then (in pokemon Y)and I did no extra training. I almost exclusively use Blaziken. (In ORAS)My other party members are ten lvls behind and trained by exp share. Also, I don't care about EV's, stats, etc. I won't SR for legendaries. Unconventional, but very effective. I have 7 badges.

EDIT: this includes stat boost moves too. Oh, and all my pokemon are better now. Caught Groudon, Mesprit and Terrakion, plus Tornadus, Cobalion, and Virizion. I'm not gonna keep editing lvls and movesets on this post.

Blaziken: Level 49. Knows Blaze Kick, Slash, Flame Charge, and Double Kick.

Pikachu (cosplay) Level 38. Knows Feint, Electro Ball, Discharge, and Meteor Mash.

Linoone is my HM slave. Lvl 38. It knows Secret Power, Rock Smash, Cut, and Strength.

Swellow: lvl 39. knows Endeavor, Wing Attack, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack.

Pelipper: lvl 38. Knows Surf, Brine, Quick Attack, and Wing Attack.

Latios: lvl 35. Knows Steel Wing, Dragon Breath, Fly, and Recover, a move I need to replace. Some of the mover are weak. I'm trying to replace them. No status moves ever get learned by my pokemon. Also, I catch pokemon for sport.

Edited by Fightandspawn

For the initial playthrough you really don't need status moves unless you want to catch something. Status moves only become relevant when playing competitively. I will say that without status moves catching legendaries would be a pain in the bum.

I think that's how most people play Pokemon, actually. It's just that competitive stuff and special challenges like SRing for legendaries are discussed more often. I do that for my initial playthrough too, and then start EVing and doing competitive stuff once I beat the E4. c:

I got a 70 win streak in the Battle Maison! Got trashed by a Milotic, though. I need to look into getting one. I'm pretty proud of myself; I'm really not much of a competitive battler and most of my 'mons only have good IVs because Wonder Trade is a wonderful thing, but hell yeah. Anyone want, like, 300 BP worth of Battle Maison items? I've got most of the stuff I need already and... so much BP...

Annnnd, i've still not gotten my first badge.

I need to start playing the game more instead of just ST then leaving them..

went to go get my copy of the silmarillion and took my 3dsxl with me, and I got the eon ticket :3

I got a good book and an streetpass event.