LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Already had a bunch of Contrary Snivy, but I'll take the Contrary Serperior event smile.gif.

Emboar will be released January 29th and Samurott will be released February 5th according to serebii.

So, with the HA starters, can you get them in either gender like usual? Or are they locked? And are they shiny-locked, since they're code generated?

So, with the HA starters, can you get them in either gender like usual? Or are they locked? And are they shiny-locked, since they're code generated?

They are all male, but if bred with a Ditto they can pass on their ability. I've done so to get a few Contrary Snivy and Shell armor Oshawott. I tossed low iv ones into wonder trade, it made someones day xd.png

Do you type these codes in by the Wifi event thing in the game menu?

Also some bozo says you can get Xerneas and Yveltal in game....I told him he was wrong, he says I am. I looked at Serebii and you have to trade them from x/y, like I knew, but he called me a liar. He also calls himself "the master of all Pokémon" but, hasn't played a game since firered/leaf green then skipped to Ss/Hg then to ORAS.

Do you type these codes in by the Wifi event thing in the game menu?

Also some bozo says you can get Xerneas and Yveltal in game....I told him he was wrong, he says I am. I looked at Serebii and you have to trade them from x/y, like I knew, but he called me a liar. He also calls himself "the master of all Pokémon" but, hasn't played a game since firered/leaf green then skipped to Ss/Hg then to ORAS.

I think so yes, there should be an option for serial code. Not sure if that's within the wifi thing or before that, though.

And you are correct. He may be confused by the statement that all legendaries can be gotten in ORAS and X/Y together; it's possible he's missing the 'and X/Y together' part of that.

Edited by Rhynn Collins

I told him that they were compatible, he said that Serebii and Bulbapedia lied, that Nintendo doesn't tell us everything. He told me I needed to shut up. That the portal worlds would give him the "x/y legendaries". He doesn't call any Pokémon by name, just type....

Anyway I will try that later when I am in a wifi zone!

Sounds like a troll, actually. In any case not someone I'd like to be around. Of course Nintendo doesn't tell us everything, that would take away the fun of playing the game... and Serebii and Bulbapedia are simply collections of information that is known about everything Pokemon... they gain absolutely nothing by lying about anything xd.png

So yeah uh, I'd just disregard that person entirely. Not worth your time.

Sorry to go off topic, but does anybody know if you can buy the first Pokemon Rangers game and still get the Manaphy egg event? Because I missed it years ago and I want to be able to transfer Manaphy over to my Omega Ruby game. If not, is it possible that there will be another Manaphy event in the future after the remakes of Diamond and Pearl get released?

Sorry to go off topic, but does anybody know if you can buy the first Pokemon Rangers game and still get the Manaphy egg event? Because I missed it years ago and I want to be able to transfer Manaphy over to my Omega Ruby game. If not, is it possible that there will be another Manaphy event in the future after the remakes of Diamond and Pearl get released?

This is a good question. The Manaphy event for the first Ranger game was an in-game event that didn't require Wi-Fi (it used the DS' infared communication), so it's entirely possible that it would still be available.

I would test it myself if I didn't already do the event years ago.

The only thing is that once an egg has been claimed through that cartridge, you cannot get another egg, even if you restart the game. It's literally a one-time-only thing per cartridge, so that means you'd have to find a game cartridge that's never used that event code, which will probably be pretty tricky. There's another method too (that I use for events that I miss), but I don't know/remember the rules on talking about using Action Replays, so I'll refrain from saying anything until I know whether it's okay or not. XD Eheh.

But if/when you get the egg, you should be good to go to transfer it to ORAS (after you hatch it, of course).

Also, birdzy is back with another really stupidly amazing video of Groudon dancing. Because Groudon is in ORAS and this is relevant. I cannot wait for this video to be finished, I want to see it all NOW!

This is a good question. The Manaphy event for the first Ranger game was an in-game event that didn't require Wi-Fi (it used the DS' infared communication), so it's entirely possible that it would still be available.

I would test it myself if I didn't already do the event years ago.

The only thing is that once an egg has been claimed through that cartridge, you cannot get another egg, even if you restart the game. It's literally a one-time-only thing per cartridge, so that means you'd have to find a game cartridge that's never used that event code, which will probably be pretty tricky. There's another method too (that I use for events that I miss), but I don't know/remember the rules on talking about using Action Replays, so I'll refrain from saying anything until I know whether it's okay or not. xd.png Eheh.

But if/when you get the egg, you should be good to go to transfer it to ORAS (after you hatch it, of course).

Also, birdzy is back with another really stupidly amazing video of Groudon dancing. Because Groudon is in ORAS and this is relevant. I cannot wait for this video to be finished, I want to see it all NOW!

The only way you could get teh Manaphy event is if the game was never played....like ever. The game keeps track of the fact you downloaded the event so you can't get more than one.

The only way you could get teh Manaphy event is if the game was never played....like ever. The game keeps track of the fact you downloaded the event so you can't get more than one.

This isn't necessarily correct (bolded).

One could play and beat the game but not put in the Manaphy event code and it would still be available later.

The only thing that matters is if the event has been claimed, not if the game itself has been played.

So a used and beaten copy of the game could very well still have the Manaphy egg on it, it's just not going to be a very common occurrence.

This isn't necessarily correct (bolded).

One could play and beat the game but not put in the Manaphy event code and it would still be available later.

The only thing that matters is if the event has been claimed, not if the game itself has been played.

So a used and beaten copy of the game could very well still have the Manaphy egg on it, it's just not going to be a very common occurrence.

Thats true, though I imagine most people got the game for teh event so I imagine the chances of a used one still having the Manaphy is slim.

GUYS IT HAPPENED!!

user posted image

user posted image

This is the first shiny legendary I have that's not from an event, and now I totally understand the accomplished feeling of having one. wub.gif

(I used the master ball because I would cry after several hundred SR's if I ko'd him. Also not a very good nature for Ho-oh but I'm not actually using him competitively so it's not a big deal.)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Congrats! Sometimes I wish I could experience that "first shiny legend not from event" feeling again tongue.gif

Congrats! Do you remember if you passed 1000 SRs or not?

@ChocolateIzzy: You mean Xerneas in X? It's shiny-locked.

I was lied to...

Whoa I tried so hard for nothing -.-

I hate giving nicknames to my pokemon I must admit

Edited by ChocolateIzzy

Izzy, and if anyone claims to have one they hacked or are lying.

Lady Nightfox, grats! I am trying to SR for my shiny legendaries but I am so impatient!

Naming a Pokémon can be tedious.

Oh my God I tried for like 3 days -.-

Why didn't I search...

I did manage to get shiny ho-oh in heart gold :3

Ok, I have finished the first pokemon ranger game, and this how to get the manaphy egg:

1. own a copy of diamond, pearl, or platinum (and maybe ss and hg)

2. complete pokemon ranger

3. enter a code in to that code thing at title menu (code is on serebii)

4. do the quest chain

5. transfer the egg to the sinoh game

6. hatch egg.

it is simple. but ranger is very difficult to beat........ good luck with the manaphy.