TJ09

2014-05-03 - May Release

Well lets see records only go back as far as 2010.

May 26 2010 - Terrare, Day & Night Glories, Shallow Water (4 new breeds)

May 21 2011 - Pygmy festival (5 new breeds)

May 22 2012 - Tsunami, Luminas, Ultraviolets (3 new breeds, but dimorph = 6 new sprites?)

May 5 2013 - 7 days of releases, (though coppers = 3 colourways etc)

It certainly seems to get more epic each time lol

Not long now for adults!!!

He probably won't be doing it but it will have to do something with the number 8. [...] Unless the dragon that's being released either has 8 heads, 8 tails, 8 legs, or 8 wings.

Well, it could be an Ouroboros dragon.

The Ouroboros is a snake/dragon that eats its own tail and grows from that, so it symbolises infinity. And the mathematical symbol of infinity looks like an 8 put on its side. Would be fitting, I think. But there are other things I'd like even more...

And personally, I had lots of fun with the epic "7 Dragons In 7 Days" !!

I just skipped the Hellhorses (figured I could breed them later), and had lots of luck with the Coppers, so I got each colour.

So - I can't wait to see what the Birthday Event will be !!

And I can't wait to see the new dragons grow up, but I have to go to bed now, so I'll only see them tomorrow morning. Ah, well, I should try and fall asleep really fast, that will shorten the time. wink.gif

8 colour variations? 8 alts?

eek that would be like the nebulas

or perhaps the seasonals if you take male/female into consideration

It would be cool to have 8 alts or color variations. Maybe if they had that trick where it needs to hatch within a 3 hour window to get a specific color. That'd be trippy.

It would be cool to have 8 alts or color variations. Maybe if they had that trick where it needs to hatch within a 3 hour window to get a specific color. That'd be trippy.

blink.gif agreed

He probably won't be doing it but it will have to do something with the number 8. Someone pointed out that each DC birthday has something to do with the number of the anniversary. Last year was the 7th birthday and there happens to be seven days of the week so a release for each day for a week. I'm just trying to wonder what can be done with the number 8. Also, it doesn't mean it have to be a dragon release either. Unless the dragon that's being released either has 8 heads, 8 tails, 8 legs, or 8 wings.

I was just thinking "what if he released an eight-headed dragon for the Dc Birthday?" right before I saw your post. xd.png But, I have to agree. I was totally unprepared for last year's release and had no idea that of all the dragons the copper would be the rare ones. to this day I have yet to even see a CB in the biomes. That and I used all of my BSA's early on and ran out of egg space. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome to have an explosion of new dragons, but with limited egg space it got a bit --> @~@; ya know?

Also, it seems the Frosties are much easier to catch than the others, though it's probably because I see more people in the Volcano biome than the alpine. I caught yet another Frosty no problem after failing to catch a Blue Flame, ....or are they Cold Flames? I confused. huh.gif

Well, if you go for colour variations - someone somewhere posted the alternate colours for Stripes that didn't get released - three of those and there would be 8 colours. But that wouldn't be any release at all, and somehow after all that epic-ness it seems a little too, well, little. wink.gif

And regarding the expected rarity of the Coppers... Well, I used to play AD&D. The great Metallic dragons include Gold, Silver and Copper (and some other metals). So I just assumed they would become kind of rare... Yey for good, old Pen&Paper roleplaying ! laugh.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

At least 2 more hours until these beauties grow up. I can't wait! biggrin.gif

I was just thinking "what if he released an eight-headed dragon for the Dc Birthday?" right before I saw your post. xd.png  But, I have to agree. I was totally unprepared for last year's release and had no idea that of all the dragons the copper would be the rare ones. to this day I have yet to even see a CB in the biomes. That and I used all of my BSA's early on and ran out of egg space. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome to have an explosion of new dragons, but with limited egg space it got a bit --> @~@; ya know?

Also, it seems the Frosties are much easier to catch than the others, though it's probably because I see more people in the Volcano biome than the alpine. I caught yet another Frosty no problem after failing to catch a Blue Flame, ....or are they Cold Flames? I confused.  huh.gif

I've seen one Copper that I didn't catch and caught one Red Copper by myself. So that only gives me a total of 8 CB coppers on my scroll. Which is really low of the 24 CB dragons I want for each variation. I'll take my CB breeding pairs though. Better than nothing at this point.

I'm thinking it will be a game event or something.

I was thinking maybe TJ would release an 8th BSA but I think it doesn't work out.

Fertility, Earthquake, Incubate, Influence, Teleport, Splash, Summon, and Revive or whatever the Soul peaces' was.

EDIT: Speak of the bloody devil. I just caught my second Copper ever in my life.

Edited by Spyridon

Oh one of my babys gendered. biggrin.gif

And I found 2 wonderful names for them. smile.gif

Edited by Shajana

crap I missed it...

I managed to snag some yesterday, though the Volcano ones were easier to get than the Alpine.

I don't know if I should have any expectations considering the last time I quirked a sketchy brow at the Glaucus Drakes they turned out ridiculously well. Hmmmm....I shall trust in these for the color schemes.

Hatched, then picked up my final frost and another 4 flame either for gifting or for lineage, depends on adults.

Also got a CB black, which isnt bad. Saw a few magmas fly by too.

Does anyone else notice a stray pixel on the Frost hatchie? ^^;

Only a few hours left until we see the adults! I love the Black one's color scheme so I'm really psyched to see what it truly is!

Only a few hours left until we see the adults! I love the Black one's color scheme so I'm really psyched to see what it truly is!

Yep, I posted it in the TLQ asking about it, but it seemed to get ignored and got pushed back 2 or 3 pages.

:3 Few more minutes 'till we can see!

Someone noticed it and posted in the Tiny Little Questions topic, but I don't know if anyone really noticed that post. I don't know if it has been mentioned anywhere else.

On the new release hatchling, the snow-blending hatchling seems to have a stray pixel. user posted image and in another backround user posted image.

Shouldn't that be fixed?

LOL ninja.gif ed by the person who posted it. xd.png

Edited by yuumei

Should be almost there now. God. I usually hate the one hour waits. Maybe it was better with the release at the original times. Usually, I wake up to already matured dragons so I wouldn't have to suffer the clock ticking the final seconds away.

Ah! Frosty has grown and sooooo pretty wub.gif

EDIT: Pokes blue fires, come on I need to go to bed!

Edited by lilacamy931

Not bad. Quite shiny, and pointy xd.png

Well done, too.

*crosses fingers for the blacks*

Such beautiful Baby <3 I must collect more! All the checker possibilities.

Now for the others ^^

Frostbite Dragons!

Edited by lollipop00