TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

That's a good point - they are very beautiful. I was half-incline to make them my next 10th-gen project, but then the catching made me decide it might be too much.

That sounds like a great release! Now I really want this one to also last 24 hours - I'll finally be unlocked tomorrow morning :3

@Rule: I'm making an army of them, and it's very slow going. On top of my fever wyvern obsession, too!

YES! My patience paid off. i got one of each within 10 seconds of each other. I'm happy even if I don't get two more. The fact that I managed to catch one with my slow speed is awesome.

Now that I've gotten a good look at the eggs, they're both awesome-looking.

Thank you TJ and spriters. I can't wait to see what they look like when they hatch and mature. biggrin.gif

Okay! I'm good! Got one of each within an hour of each other... Kinda curious what genders they will be..

I'm sorry TJ, I really tried to be open minded about this new release time...but I'm now hunting for a bit over four hours and managed to catch 1 egg. This is just frustrating ... sad.gif

With the midnight releases I would get up early in the morning on Sunday (currently at 6 in the morning) and would have no problem catching the eggs, saving all the sprites for the wiki, collect information, etc... now it's 23:33 where I live and I'm keep getting more and more frustrated. On one side I think "hey these are just pixels" on the other I just like to catch my eggs on the release day, but not when it makes me getting frustrated to no end.

I don't want this to come of as whining but as sharing my opinion about this new release time. And yes, I know that I'm not the centre of the Dragon Cave universe, but only one user of a few thousands. tongue.gif

I which everybody good luck with catching the new eggs. smile.gif

Good night Dragon Cave users.

When TJ announced the change I though "nah... Not going to work. We need more new eggs on the other biomes too".

Now I'm gladly surprised with my 2 pair of new pretties.

Fun. Clean. Less stressful. Admit it. The guy knows what he's doing. ^^

Thank you very much for the change. wub.gif

UMM Guys

unless TJ changes the breeding rules Drakes can only breed with other Drakes,

soooo

Ochredrakes and Day/ Night Glory Drakes are the only possible mates at this time---

I caught my pair of each but much slower than at the midnight drop- too many people on in the middle of the day

Personally I would rather Saturday afternoon than Sunday-- we take lots of day trips on Sunday during the Summer

*smacks TJ's eggs with a hammer*

Tell those suckers to come out of their shells and I'll forgive you for the time change. Honest.

Actually the lag for me was MUCH less than last month's midnight drop.

Just saying. Last month it just - hung. And hung and hung. And even hung !

AND as I recall the cave fell over a couple of times as well.

And the lag this month was significantly worse than March's midnight drop for me. My point remains.

And I see you have a noisy egg - and are locked.

Being locked is CERTAINLY your choice. There are no cave blockers to get people stuck for for 5 hours today.

Yep, I got one of the noisy ones and an incredibly nice person sent me a red from an Alt Sweetling with really good names.

So, yeah, I was happy to get the red egg and lock up my scroll for now. I'll just pass on the moist one, I guess.

All I wanted was one of each of the new eggs. I'm not greedy, just one of each.

And I did hunt every single 5 minute time . . . but I had 4.5 minutes in between for my frustration to boil over. I AM a pretty patient guy normally. You guys can all take a swing at the gimp with one hand. . . one more time. I still can type faster than most of you with one hand. BTW, there's a special place in hades for the person that posted about my hand on the chat. I'm not as upset over the eggs as I am over being jerked around. That stings.

I am just sitting here refreshing the page with TJ's eggs on them hoping that will make them hatch faster xd.png

*Pokes TJ's eggs*

I'm really shocked at how smooth it went for me. Sure, tough to catch, but I was expecting seriously bad lag and it didn't happen. I'm happily egg locked with the new releases. biggrin.gif

I kind of like the new time but it would be great to have it on saturday because me and my family usually go to church & then out to lunch and to shop and although my dad was sick and we didn't go I'm usually not back until about this time

Also I know that some people have work

On the other hand however just go with whatever you might want because whatever time you set it to someone's going to have a problem with it given the time zones and that muck. I do prefer this over the midnight releases though being as I can finally get some sleep prior to the day so I'm not so drowsy haha.

I know what I'm gonna name the first moist egg that cracks, oh man!

edit; I got a dragon to placeholder it, so I'll share it here: Charles Augustus Maggnussen (I had to add an extra G so it would take it). Sherlock Holmes BBC, anyone? biggrin.gif

You, madam, deserve a prize!

By the way, thank you on the insight on the Nhio's. I think I'll settle for a 4th gen and only hunt for them in passing.

I have two of both, but I'll be disappointed if they are commons because I'm trying to get more rares than I have common.

Yep, I got one of the noisy ones and an incredibly nice person sent me a red from an Alt Sweetling with really good names. 

So, yeah, I was happy to get the red egg and lock up my scroll for now.  I'll just pass on the moist one, I guess. 

All I wanted was one of each of the new eggs.  I'm not greedy, just one of each.

Well, apparently complaining gets you what you want. I'm must say, I'm not sure I would've been as nice as the "incredibly nice person"... Although if it stops you complaining, then maybe. Maybe just asking nicely would've worked, too, though.

On another note, the release didn't seem that laggy to me actually. But I've never been here right at the start of a release before, so I have no idea if that's normal.

Edited by TheGrox

I am just sitting here refreshing the page with TJ's eggs on them hoping that will make them hatch faster xd.png

*Pokes TJ's eggs*

It's a good thing his eggs don't get sick. They must have really good magic protection. Wouldn't it be hilarious if his all hatched to be neglecteds? We'd have to wait even longer to find out what they look like.

user posted image

UMM Guys

unless TJ changes the breeding rules Drakes can only breed with other Drakes,

soooo

Ochredrakes and Day/ Night Glory Drakes are the only possible mates at this time---

We can always dream.... and all those naming possibilities, even if the pairs themselves can never happen, are quite fun to imagine :3 Sorry I did go pretty far into the fantasy >_<

I'm honestly shocked to learn people are having trouble catching these eggs--caught three of each my first time trying on a computer (had no chance on my phone, lol) which was at around 4:20 Cave Time (EDT). They'll (probably) be dropping for 24 hours before mixing, so there's plenty of time for those who want eggs before they mix.

Now please understand I am NOT complaining just stating a fact

Last month got up early caught all i needed within 3 min

This month been at it almost 5 hrs now and 1 egg

Now off to try and catch the other 3 I need

Well, got my two of each, influenced and incubated. Now to play the waiting game. biggrin.gif

*still attempting to catch stripe egg and gets nothing*

Oh well, still determined *continues to click frantically every five minutes for another four hours*

Pretty sure there are complaints during every release. It's really bothering me now. Let's just try our best at catching eggs and carrying on. If you can't catch eggs, it's not TJ's fault, just bad luck. TJ wanted to give more people (that is, the main userbase of dragcave which is in America I guess?) a chance at grabbing the newly released eggs, so naturally there are more people on to get the eggs. I don't have a problem with that. It means more competition, but also more opportunity for more people to get the eggs. And besides, once people get the eggs they want, they drop out of the competition, so it gets easier.

Assuming these are indeed restricted to the DC Drake breeding pool, the noisies might well look very nice with Night Glories. The noisies are probably the ones I'm anticipating more actually - I'm very interested to see how the egg descrip relates to the adults' personalities, and what sort of temperament is indicated by them being, shall we say "rowdy" even pre-birth. I'm sure they'll look very pretty too - the light brown and black reminds me of tiger's-eye.