Viirin

Azure Wyrm

((Yes Viirin, how shall we go about fixing to abide by your plan? Im curious.))

Avisk wondered what the crumply slightly wet thing was going to do if it ate that as well. Every time they ate something an odd thing seemed to happen, or at least most of the time. So Avisk took the mouth-gap it had grown and broke off a part of the wet-crumbley and absorbed it a little through the gap. It had no idea what this was, nor did it really have any idea what was going on now with the darkness that was creating more blindness around it.

The glowing of the slime pulsed a few times, changing to different colors as the slime's scales changed a little bit. That scared the slime as it noticed this, and made the lighting glow a little more frequently until it stopped without any cause or warning. They would need to learn how to control that. Somehow.

((OOC: Me too. What exactly did you want to happen between our slimes anyway . . .

Also, Viirin, considering that Aster doesn't have a mouth yet, the fact that most of her body is still slime, and how I interpreted your post where you first had her generate the smoke, I've placed it as seeping from her, at least for the time being, though she's thinned it considerably from then.))

Even with the burning pain that had already spread over the front half of its body overwhelming its senses, Aster was still able to focus enough to be worried about the growing ball in its middle. Not so much about the fact that it had changed shape from the hard bits from earlier, since at least it was more comfortable now, but about the fact that it was taking up enough space to make it difficult to absorb things. All Aster really wanted to do right now was to sate its hunger, and it was very hungry indeed, but for some reason it seemed like the world was conspiring against it.

In desperation, Aster decided that the ball had to come out of itself by any means necessary. If it cut into itself with the pointy things on its feet, could it reach the ball and move it out? It would hurt, but it was already feeling a lot of pain, so that wasn't a huge deal to the slime. Lifting one of its feet up towards its body while balancing on the other, Aster noted that two of its spiky ends on that end were small and angled beneath it, but the other was longer, sharper, and straight. Maybe the slime could use that spike to get the ball?

Unfortunately, it turned out that the slime could not, because the burning pain it felt began spreading down its legs, making moving them in a purposeful manner difficult. Aster began dancing and jumping around haphazardly, swinging its neck side to side as it did so, hoping that something would happen to soothe the pain it felt. In a small mercy, walking was apparently a fairly simple matter for the animal whose body the slime had copied, as at no point did it feel like it might fall over.

Aster had completely forgotten the other slime for the moment. Its mind was still fairly simple, and it could only process so many things at once.

OOC Spoiler: PM me wanting to know what my plan was, and how I see things turning out instead, and I'll tell you.

@Lumikkja: You can feel pain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Zeditha: The strange skin-like stuff on the outside of the thing was inorganic, but the stuff inside was organic. Not only that, but it was very sweet. The sweetest thing the slime had eaten yet! Luckily, the inorganic skin wasn't... well, other things that had skin that the slime had seen and/or consumed had kept its skin on it, until the slime had its way, at least. But this thing's skin fell right off when the slime picked it up. So it was ignored.

But the organic part was quite delicious. Better yet, the slime saw something else. If the slime was learning anything, it was that the shape was inorganic, but it didn't look that way. It looked edible. Another thing? It was cylindrical and flat on one end, and had a strange shape on the other. The slime just might be able to fit it into its mouth...

@Avisk: When the slime glowed enough, it could see what it was standing on better. Certain colored scales, when the glowing was behind them, seemed better than other combinations. Scales the slime could see through, but still had a faint color, plus glowed- that was the best. Flicker, flicker. But the thing the slime was standing on was organic, though it initially noticed how easily the slime was breaking through it. It wasn't holding together very well at all. It was a... shape? The slime didn't know. But it seemed like it came to a wide point in at least one place, but stepping on the thing and its sogginess made it not a point anymore. It was flat now. Flat, and in two pieces. At least two. Something under one part of it, where the thing's inside once was, showed something else. The slime couldn't glow enough to make it out properly. The slime fell against it; the ground was too... was wet falling from up?

@Aster: The slime's terror made things feel worse than they were- the ball wasn't that much bigger than the inorganic thing that it originally was, and that was much smaller than the green organic thing the slime found after eating the green wiggling things. But the slime's pointy parts were starting to hurt now too, and it lost its grip on the ground and fell flat on itself. The burning was getting too much, and now the slime's spiky parts were... getting soft? The slime couldn't see very well, but the slime felt like it was getting... gloopier. Less stable. No! Shocking the slime into a distraction was a bright light that appeared from no where. If it hadn't been pointed... it was a line? No, not an exact line... the pain! Who cares about the stupid shape!?

@Crell: The slime felt everything- inorganic and organic alike- all start being shoved against it harder and harder. It was smooshed. But the slime wasn't injured, just made thoroughly uncomfortable. Then the slime felt itself start to go up... into and through the sticky- through it!? The slime kept going up. It went up for what seemed like a long time. Then it felt itself fall- and land on something. Something covered in the sticky stuff, which now included the slime itself. That sticky was really getting annoying. But the slime felt itself slide, which it didn't have a choice about- and bump into an inorganic flat thing with a funny texture to it. The slime had to get rid of this sticky.

@Serket: (unlocked: barrel cactus) The slime found something... cold. Much colder. It was actually still warm, but compared to the semi-painful ground, it was very comfortable. It wasn't all that big, either. Something... it was round? The smoothed part of the grainy land the slime was moving along ended in the circle. No... feeling a little further but still at the entrance, the smoothness continued. The circle didn't matter much now, only the indent the slime was strangely interested in.

Sliding across slimy things and bumping up against inorganic things Crell looks around as he wiggles and feels his spikes hit and stick in a few things, again covered in the slimy and now semi crushed by tons of organic things. Twisting and half seeing things moving around he pulls the sticky all around him into himself and from just under his eye his body elongates and reaches out to grab at the closest organic and try pulling it closer, ignoring the sticky on top and going for the food below he can feel his energy draining as all the spikes on his body pull back into his body before sliding back out out again slightly changed, curving just slightly with small connections going from them to one of the lumps inside himself. His whole body under the slime he tries to eat he can feel his whole body going through a small shift into a change.

[[OOC: His whole body just went neon green.]]

Viathen cautiously closer to the organics. They didn't seem dangerous, and maybe it could find out more if it absorbed them. It reached a fin into the opening. The things were most definitely exciting. After feeling around for a bit, Viathen managed to touch one and it attempted to absorb it.

Deciding to let curiosity get the better of her, Zeditha put her beak around the strange thing. She stepped on the skin and it made a strange sound, but she ignored that and put her feet on the strange thing, poking at a button-like thing on it.

Aster wanted badly to get back on its feet, but it could barely move. That was bad enough, but the feeling of becoming less stable was much worse, making it become even more scared than it currently was. At least it had gone through periods of being unable to move before, but this was something that it was completely unfamiliar with. Even when the slime was made up of just slime, it hadn't had any problem staying together. It had been able to make itself thinner and extend part of itself out, but that had always been under its own control. What was happening now was something the slime couldn't do anything about. What if the Aster ended up coming apart completely, and just became a puddle that couldn't do anything? Somehow that scared the slime even more than it becoming completely rigid, although it couldn't exactly say why.

Aster was able to slightly lift its neck when it spotted the glowing line of color, athough that was about it for its current range of movement. It was pretty, but Aster wasn't really in the right state of mind to appreciate that. In the slime's current vulnerable state, pretty much everything was scary. This glowing whatever-it-was . . . wait! The other slime from before . . . it had glowed, right? Was this glowing line being made by that slime? But . . . the other slime's glow had seemed . . . softer, somehow. In a way it didn't matter what was making it, since Aster was completely unable to go investigate. At least the glow didn't seem to be getting any closer to the defenseless slime. Well, not that it was in the best position to be able to tell, since the slime's mind was barely able to function due to its state of panic.

OOC @ Marcus Phoenix: No, but I will make the descriptions hyperlinks so you can see an image! I've been putting a bunch of images related to the RP on my page for it on Facebook.

Wet falling from up ground was weird to Avisk. It was sure wet falling from up was just supposed to be above the slime, but this version wasn't and that didn't help the slime get to know the world better at all. It confused the poor creature for a moment, but hunger overrode the confusion of the wet as it noticed the the flatness of what the slime used to be standing on a little bit higher. The wetness from that too bothered the slime some, though the part of it it had fallen onto seemed slightly different.

Could that be eaten as well? Avisk was in an eating mood, very hungry, and wasn't about to discriminate between soggy organic ground and whatever it was leaning against. It turned to be easier to eat the things it had landed next to, breaking down a portion of the soggy flat thing as well as some of what was under it. They tasted weird together.

((OOC: Okay, edited!)

Curiosity became the slime's motivator as it happened upon a cold, smooth surface. The smoothness was occupied by more indents, leading to a circle in the ground. The roughness of the ground seemed to end with the circle, and the slime could taste vague traces of organic material in the entrance of the deep, smooth circle. The indent continued as well, and the slime slid down it into the circle. The cold smoothness was a welcome change from the burning rough granules outside. However, the slime soon found that it could not venture very far down the smoothness - its path was blocked by another smooth, yet somewhat textured obstruction. Shifting it's body against the new presence, the slime tasted organic. Good - organic was good. The slime was curious, and began to move up and over the organic lump.

Edited by Lumikkja

OOC Well, Dragonhatchling is unavailable until monday, and Avialae goes on vacation the same day. So, for you three (Zeditha included), that is the reason why I turned it to nighttime (if you can't see each other, then you don't have to wait for others you're interacting with to post). You had taken up all day evolving anyway- so a couple things I was intending are going to have to wait a couple weeks when you're all back at the same time.

Got some other plans whipped up before that, though! Beginning to write updates.

@Zeditha: If you're able, wanna write a bit more each update?

@Lumikkja: A bit fast. Please don't decide what you encounter with that much detail- I'll update without the snake's coils or pulse taken into consideration; please edit. The rest is good though. Definitely getting you some snake stuff, but... well, you'll see after edit smile.gif

@SparrowSelkie: I can't say in words how much I love your avatar. Makes me laugh every time I see it. Also, I read it in Hagrid's voice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Aster: Grip. The slime had grip! It was able to hold on to things, if just barely, but it also was able to get some of its limbs to start to work again. Slowly, the slime was able to pull itself together before it dissolved itself. That strange liquid that touched the slime was still burning it everywhere, but it wasn't hurting as much as it had before. Even finally noticing that wet was falling from up didn't help the slime's pain go away- it had no effect at all, it seemed. But at least the slime could move. It couldn't move well, but it could at least try. Pain! Why? The... no. The slime didn't even feel the inorganic thing stuck inside it anymore. It hadn't seen it come out, but the slime also didn't see much of anything right now since it was so dark.

@Crell: Seeing anything was still very new to the slime, but it saw something it couldn't help but feel. Something organic! Soft. Effortless to absorb? It stood out, a different color than everything else around it. Most things were... well, the saw it easily. There was more than one of them, and they were thin. The back end of them was bulbous. The only effortless part the slime found on these strange things were little flat parts that came off the center. It hadn't gotten the chance to feel the bulbous part yet. The slime had at least been able to absorb the sticky all over itself, but it also saw now that huge things were moving strangely. They were far enough away that the slime didn't think it was noticed by the big things.

@Zeditha: (unlocked: chocolate) The thing made an even stranger sound- one it hadn't heard anything like before. A dull, long noise. That wasn't what startled the slime, though. It was the stuff now forced down the inside of its neck! The noise had made food, and the food wanted to be eaten. That was new. So was the taste... it was... organic. Organic, but strange at the same time. Something was... inorganic about it? But it was also organic. That... the slime didn't know what to think about that. More importantly, it felt something going on, just now starting to spread from the inside of the slime's neck to its outside... At the same time, the slime felt something else. Within itself, where the broken piece of... whatever it was was at, a feeling similar to the other one was starting to spread. It wasn't long before both of the feelings touched, but... they kept going!? The strange feeling the slime was starting to get was overlapping!

@Avisk: (unlocked: cardboard) The organic was... bland. It didn't really have a taste. The slime figured other slimes must probably describe other boring meals would probably be described with this flavor. The other thing the slime found tasted odd... different. Really different! Somehow... the slime saw a bright color erupt from its mouth, and not because it wanted to! It didn't even know how. It burned! When the up-wet touched the hurting, burning part that made bright pain fly out of it, it made it go out, but only where the wet touched. Another color. Two colors now started doing this, causing pain and spreading! Some of the ground even started to be the same color... though not the wet parts. Or shiny parts. Some of the other parts weren't bright, either. But... !!! The colors came out of the slime's skin everywhere now, but not much further than that. It was almost like that other slime when the puffy came out. But this wasn't puffy, and it was really painful!

@Viathen: (unlocked: Cecropia Moth) The slime was able to absorb the organic, but it also accidentally pulled off the inorganic spikey pokey thing too, or at least one of them, which was now stuck within it. More organic. The slime hadn't noticed it before, but it now could taste something. The wide point that the organics it was currently enjoying was organic itself, and had a strange taste to it. The slime barely tasted it because it had slid over it, but it was enough to notice something about it. It... Something else nearby tasted organic, too. Organic and sweet. The slime was finding a lot of those lately.

((OOC: Thanks Viirin, I always read it in Hagrid's voice, too xd.png ))

More sweet things! Viathen had discovered that some things tasted more appealing than others, and also that it enjoyed sweet things. Eager to taste something other than the strange organic it had absorbed, the slime turned towards the new sweet thing. Viathen's limited senses were annoying it again. Since it had absorbed a lot of mass, it decided to try changing itself. I need to sense what's around me! it thought. The slime felt strange, thin things -hairs?- sprout from its body. Two especially long and thick ones grew just above its eyes. Its vision hadn't improved, but now Viathen could feel the tiniest breeze, as well as things that were farther away, mostly in front of it. But now it was hungry again.

Viathen flopped its now fluffy fins angrily. Or at least what it thought was angrily. The slime didn't have many ways of expressing emotion. It thought it had gotten rid of the hunger, but now it was back! Viathen figured that changing must always make it hungry, which was upsetting because changing was fun, but hunger was obnoxious. Anger turned to shock when Viathen saw one of its fins turn from brown to red.

It was scared that this would make the hunger worse, but its change in color didn't seem to affect the hunger. It cautiously changed the color again, this time to black, and still it didn't make the slime any hungrier. It continued to experiment and found that it could turn itself red, black, brown, and white. It seemed satisfied with a muddled combination of red and brown. Viathen then moved to the sweet thing to try to lessen its hunger.

((I write as much as I can think of... it's very rare to see a long post from me. Sorry about that. I try to make it longer, but there comes a point at which there's nothing else to say.))

Zeditha backed off from the thing, scrambling away. Something that wanted to be eaten might be dangerous, plus it was inorganically organic and that was impossible. Then she worried about the two strange feelings. She knew that pawing at herself did no good, but she tried to un-eat the strange things. They were getting in the way! It was time she tried to get rid of it, so she tried to un-eat everything that was being strange.

((I have literally no idea what is happening. xd.png Two strange feelings are there, that's all I can understand. Is it the tapeworms and the cheese? Why would the cheese be strange? It's just food...))

Looking at the big moving things for a few long seconds Crell can feel a little piece of himself not wanting to have them see him, an instinct that he had yet to feel saying they are dangerous. Moving closer to this effortless organic he moves over the slimy and pulls it into himself, the bulbous part getting stick inside his body as he pulls and absorbs it as quickly as he can. Seeing still not something he is used to he keeps staring at the large moving things as well as the closer trying to make sense of what he does see. His body pulling on the organic as his tendrils wrap down the longer stick part of the organic.

Aster reveled in the feeling of being able to move again, even if it was only a little. The slime wasn't sure, but it seemed like the worst of things was over now. It still was still in pain, but at least its efforts to hold itself together seemed to be working. And it could move, if only slightly. It couldn't stand up yet, but at least when it moved the top two-thirds of its legs it could kind of push itself forward along the ground. Not that being able to do that was particularly useful, but simply the fact that it was able to in the first place pleased the slime. Why did these sorts of things keep happening to the slime when it absorbed things, though? Two times right after one another, or so it seemed. And why some things and not other things? Aster couldn't figure it out at all.

And now . . . the slime couldn't feel anything, not even its own body. It knew it was still resting on the ground, but it couldn't feel it beneath itself. It was better than the pain, Aster supposed, but the complete lack of feeling meant that it still couldn't move. The slime hadn't really associated the ability to feel things with the ability to move, but apparently it was pretty important, at least in its current form. It couldn't tell if its legs were in a standing position or resting, and that meant the slime couldn't stand up. Even though not being able to move meant that getting food would be pretty difficult, Aster wasn't scared by that realization. Not because it didn't think it wasn't serious, but more because so much had happened to it in such a short period of time that it just wasn't capable of being scared at the moment. It felt exhausted, but not in a physical sense. It would have been strange, if the slime hadn't been too exhausted to appreciate the fact.

OOC @ Zeditha: Heh, you should read what I used to write. Now that I push myself and write daily (or close to it, this is only one of three active sites I host this RP in) I write a lot more. But I understand. Mmm, over-medium eggs, grilled sausage, and tea. Good breakfast. Speaking of breakfast- Zeditha is unlocking "squeezy cheese breath" and also your event request was toffee to possibly use as a trap. So yes it's organic, but since it's an ability too, you're being converted by both things at the same time. I had planned this before I knew about two players going on vacation- I had hoped you could appear in the daytime to them, half-converted. Inspired by Wreck-It Ralph. You know the scene.

@SparrowSelkie: Antennae, huh? Nice. And really? I can't thank you enough for growing cardboard armor. Also it's okay to use the color names for now, but I make Avialae use wrong names sometimes (ask her about it lol) because the slime doesn't know real names of anything. I don't know what to suggest for the future; I'll probably just let everyone do it, actually. Plus now that you did those colors, I know what other ones you need.

@Serket: The slime found two flavors. Up against the side of the inside of the circle, it felt dry, and tasted rather bland. But it was soft... to a point. But also brittle. Easy to break apart. Below it on the ground was a different flavor and feel. It was hard, but had a flavor so different that the slime couldn't describe it to itself. Used? The slime, lacking much of any life experience to draw references from, left it at that for now.

@Crell: (unlocked: red rosebush) The harder, thinner, long part of the bulbous organic was still within the slime's mass, but it was thin enough that the slime could bend it inside so it could move better. One of the big creatures moved backwards without looking, and something large and inorganic changed which of its flat sides it was sitting on. Things came out of it, small things, that slid all over the inorganic and strange-feeling ground. Some of it got stuck in the sticky, some landed all around the slime. But then one of the other big creatures did something, and the backwards creature went away. They were moving quickly, whatever it was they were doing. Something the same color of the thing the slime just consumed rolled towards the slime, with a colored liquid coming out of it and spilling as it approached.

@Aster: (unlocked: sulfuric acid gland) The pain was gone. The not-feeling was starting to be gone now too, finally. The wet falling from up was all over the slime. But it was all over something else, too. Everything. It was all over everything. Well, as far as the slime could see, which wasn't much. Something.. something started forming inside the slime. It didn't feel anywhere near as hard as that strange inorganic thing changing shape did... which the slime now felt was still present. But it felt softer. Easier? The slime already knew some of the organics near where it was, but there were more; but nothing the slime could definitively make out without being able to see better.

@Viathen: Other organics were in the area, and the slime was close to touching a few of them. Even that wide-pointed thing that turned out to be organic. But the slime felt something move very near itself with its new ability. There was a round... thing. Round if looked at directly, but closer to square if it looked at a different angle. Its apparent only flat side had what looked like a black thing on it... the slime could see through it. It had tiny, tiny little holes.. too small for the slime to even shove itself through. But there was something organic in there. Lots of little organic things. Something inside it had moved; but the slime didn't know how to get inside or how to get it out.

@Zeditha: The slime kept changing. From its... where the creatures and inorganic thing it swallowed was, the feeling... the slime couldn't feel in that part anymore. It also felt.. it felt like it was made of slime again there, but then it didn't feel anything. That didn't make sense. But that's how it was. The other feeling spreading from the slime's throat spread upwards and down now, making its vision blurry. It... it could still see, but now? Its vision wasn't ruined at all. Something strange was definitely going on! The slime fell onto the ground. Its legs were a different color than the slime had originally made them- the same color as the sweet thing with the falling off skin. Not the outside part of it, but the inside, harder part. The slime was able to get some of the soft stuff that jumped into its mouth out and onto the ground, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

((Actually, I... I haven't seen wreck-it ralph. Sorry. Also, I PMd you on Magistream! xd.png))

Zeditha looked at her strange legs, and she got the feeling from earlier that there was something better. However, now she knew what it was - the legs of the fast thing she ate! Realising that she didn't want these old legs any more - plus, they were weird - she wondered how to get rid of them. Ignoring the strange feelings inside her for now - they didn't seem to be harming her, and they weren't painful, just strange - she decided to try to eat her legs. That should get rid of them! At the same time, she began to grow the fast legs that she coukd grow now.

((She's eating her own legs because she doesn't want them. If that doesn't work, how do I replace the legs?))

Aster largely ignored the feeling of the new thing forming inside itself - as long as it could still absorb things, and it didn't hurt, the slime didn't really care any more - and got to its feet. Its balance was still shaky, though, simply because now that the pain and the not-feeling had receded the slime was so hungry that it felt that it was going to collapse if it didn't absorb something. The drops of wet from up provided no measurable nourishment, so the slime hurried over to the pile to hopefully find something to eat that was safe for it. Aster couldn't help feeling a little apprehensive, though. Its track record with the mound of different organics hadn't been very good so far.

The first thing that it spotted in the dim light was the dead glop-covered organic that had fallen from higher up before. It didn't look any more appetizing than it had the last time the slime had seen it, but this time Aster was so hungry that it couldn't even wait the short amount of time it would take to find something more appealing in the pile, and so, it curled its neck and head around the organic and absorbed it into itself as quickly as it could.

The foul goop tasted exactly like Aster had expected it would, but the rest of it tasted . . . it was hard to tell, since the awful taste of what it was covered in dominated everything. But the slime thought it tasted . . . almost good. As hard as it had been to eat, the dead goop-covered organic managed to take the edge off of the slime's hunger, but it was hungry enough that it still needed to eat pretty badly after the organic was gone. At least the slime didn't feel like it was going to collapse any more, though. Bracing one foot against the pile, Aster awkwardly nudged another object that had been mostly buried into the pile out onto its surface - making sure that it was organic first - and began to absorb that as well, hoping that this thing would sate its hunger without making it go through some complex uncomfortable process that it couldn't control.

Still holding onto the stiff organic and pulling it into him as he watches the thing coming towards Crell he tries to turn and flops around on the weird thing under him. Stopping himself before the big things moving around see him he starts twisting and moving his body, it slowly flattening and spreading out with the wide things on the edges and the larger one still on the back. staying as he is for a second still pulling the stiff organic into himself he starts to wiggle and move his way towards the red moving things as he keeps his eye on the large creatures.

Viathen moved curiously towards the holes. It wanted to know more about the organics within, but it couldn't possibly fit through them. It couldn't fit its fins in, either. It was too dark to see inside, so Viathen stuck one of the long hairs near its eyes into a hole. It decided to call the hair a face fin, since it seem to have more control over it than the rest of the hairs on its body.

OOC @ Zeditha: Glad to see you there, too! Can't have the same starting unlock or character name, though. What you're doing right now is hilarious to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Zeditha: To say the chunks of the slime's own body that it had torn off and consumed were delicious would be... inaccurate. The slime's ability to taste seemed to be clouded now by the fact that the parts of it that could detect taste had become the same material that it was now eating. The slime had only managed to eat one of its legs and tear the base of its other one off, leaving its foot on the ground. The slime's body stretched where it was growing its new replacement limbs, but that's when the two strange feelings completely overtook the slime, and every part of it was made of the same stuff that the slime couldn't describe besides... the two feelings weren't compatible in a way the slime understood.

@Crell: The taste of the red liquid was unlike anything the slime tasted yet to its knowledge, and far more different than anything it knew could exist. It bubbled inside itself. What was this? It felt funny. It felt good. It made the slime realize it needed to get somewhere other than where it was in the open! That big flat thing that had stuff in it looked like an okay place to go... bubble bubble. The slime had felt bubbles in the wet, but this kind wasn't the same.

@Viathen: Organic. Not just organic, but very interesting! Little hard things. The slime couldn't tell more with its facefin, it wasn't really designed for that right now. But the slime could tell that the strange black whatever it was... wasn't very strong. It almost flexed when the slime stuck its facefin in. Something else... the slime felt something nearby move, something small. It made a bright spot on itself for a moment, but then that moment stuck. It made a bright spot on the slime, near its eye, and that was really getting annoying. Small movements in the air around the slime... more of the same things it found earlier, or something different?

@Aster: (unlocked: packrat) The slime had shoved the entire creature into its form, making the slime parts of the slime rather... oddly stretched in ludicrous ways. Not all of it was slime though, so it held itself together as it wanted at least in those places. It was careful though to ensure it didn't restrict the movement of its limbs, which it had dealt with quite enough lately. But the slime had noticed something else- another thing that forced the slime to change! Was this going to happen every time now? The slime didn't know, but it did know one thing, because it had seen it before- the slime started changing and glowing just as the other one had done earlier. The pretty glowing the slime had envied was happening to it now!

Aster stopped working at bringing the new organic object out of the pile when it realized that it was having difficulty fitting what it had just absorbed inside it as it waited to be digested. The thing that it had just eaten was considerably smaller than the slime was now, so it hadn't thought that it would have any trouble doing that, but unfortunately, the slime had apparently neglected to consider how its new body would affect things. Before when its shape had been more simple Aster wasn't bothered by stuffing itself full of just about anything that would fit inside of it, but now absorbing a just fraction of what it had before got in the way of its new body structures and made moving very difficult. And all the different foreign objects inside its body didn't help. How many were there now?

Aster was pleased as it began to emit a soft glow like the other slime had. Ooh, this was nice! The slime didn't mind things like this happening to it. Where was the other slime, anyway? Even though had glowed first, Aster couldn't see it anywhere. Could the other slime turn off its glow? Aster seemed to remember something like that, though it wasn't certain. Well, Aster wasn't turning off its own glow. Not only was it pretty, but the glow helped the slime see! It was odd, though. Hadn't the other slime eaten something different right before it glowed? Well, Aster supposed it didn't really matter as long as it could glow too. Having recovered its spirits due to this new development, the slime went back to trying to get the new organic object it had found out onto the surface of the big pile, careful now to not absorb any of it until the slime knew it would be able to fit it inside itself.

Soaking up even more of the bubbling wet Crell can feel it bubbling inside himself and making his body bubble a little as well he looks at the flat thing this bubbling thing had come from he starts wiggling his way towards it, bumping into hold things and wiggling across mroe of this bubbly he soaks more of it into himself. Soaking it up and holding it inside himself to absorb it slowly as he moves forward. Wiggling and absorbing as best he can he tries to wiggle harder and it makes him jump forward into the open thing.

((Okay, I have zero idea what to do with Zeditha at this point. So she's covered in chocolate, and the cheese and the chocolate don't mix? How the heck does Zeditha fix it? Much confusion. Also, eating her own legs was hilarious to me as well xd.png))

OOC @ EVERYONE ON ALL 3 SITES:

I'm thinking about getting a Teamspeak voice chat server. Let me know in an OOC comment or PM whether this is of interest to you. Makes getting a hold of me really easy, and also we can actually talk (provided we have microphones and speakers or headsets or something). Plus, as I get closer to being able to transition everyone to my own merged forum site and allow all of your characters to interact with each other (Dragon Cave, Escapist Magazine, Magistream, etc), it might be nice to get to find out what each other sounds like before your characters know what each other tastes like. Let me know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC @ Zeditha: No, it wasn't the chocolate- that's just an unlock. You can be living chocolate now if you want. It's the toffee inside the chocolate! You're turning into both liquid cheese and hard toffee at the same time. So... yeah. But it'll get you three unlocks when it's done.

OOC @ Everyone else: Don't worry, I'm writing updates. Just had to get that announcement out of the way first. Will edit this post.

@Aster: I thought you were on vacation starting today and we wouldn't see you for a week and a half.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Zeditha: The slime was immobilized, able to do nothing but watch. It saw its severed foot start to slowly change, to eventually become the scaley thing it used to be before these changes started happening. That wasn't the only thing changing, though. The slime was starting to feel it in its back first- relief. Why it happened there and not somewhere else first was unknowable, but it started in a few other places too- right where it had started. The slime slowly began to feel itself properly, but its new limbs weren't formed yet.

@Crell: (unlocked: carbonation, red, mountain dew scent) The slime made it in to the big thing with flat edges, but it couldn't get in all the way. Little shapes that hurt they were so cold were all around, and the slime would have to climb on top of the things in order to get in further. But.. there were organic things in there. The slime could see them! One of them was pretty close, but... thudding. One of the big creatures was coming towards the slime, but it couldn't see it from where it was. The creature picked something up, and a big thing on the ground moved.

@Aster: The organic was a creature, and it was looking at the slime! But its eyes looked strange, in fact it didn't have any. Maybe this was a slime too, and it chose not to have eyes? But why was it cold and hard? Why didn't it move? Why would it have eye sockets but no eyes inside them? Did it need them to begin with? The slime tasted something stuck to the other slime, if that's what it was. Something sweet. Something hard, but it was very tasty.

------------------------------------------------@ Alexander_Drake ---------------------------------------

(From Alexander_Drake to me)

Jerarde began to ooze about in order to get rid of the gritty stuff, but to no avail. The gritty stuff stuck within him, Jerarde had no choice except to squish into a more spherical shape, and then squeeze the gritty stuff out of himself. It took a while but eventually all the grit got out. Jerarde then began to feel two spheres, denser than himself, coagulate in his gooey form. Jerarde was very glad when the two spheres enabled him to see what was happening around him and be able to watch where he was eating. Jerarde looked at the grit, then back at the big amount of organic, and saw that within the big organic was more grit! Jerarde decided to leave the big organic for something more suitable for consumption, and oozed away slowly and hungrily. He needed more food, and soon. Getting sight had made him hungry!

Jerarde felt strange. He was both happy and confused, and was completely disoriented. He began to twitch uncontrollably, congealing and loosening random parts of his mass. Other parts of him were completely numb. Jerarde continued to thrash about randomly, unaware of when this odd behavior would stop.

(From me to Alexander_Drake, as Jerarde)

The slime felt something come out of itself... something.. it wasn't wet, but... damp? Puffy. It flattened and ceased to exist when the slime failed. The slime started to become exhausted from all of its movement and confusion, and became slower and slower. It stopped moving; and slowly began getting its energy back, but it was still hungry. Exhaustion was so much more than hunger right now, so it had to deal with that first. It didn't know how much time went by, because it couldn't comprehend such things. But it did feel something that tasted sweet near one of its sides once it had the energy to move.

Edited by Viirin