Viirin

Azure Wyrm

As Aster slowly started to regain the ability to move, it feebly wriggled itself around, trying to relieve itself of the hot painful feeling on its back. Since it was just regaining the ability, there wasn't much that it could do to help itself, but the slime eventually managed to turn itself so the area of its body where the burning sensation was was right against against the heap of assorted materials that it was resting on, and rubbed the afflicted area against the surface beneath it, trying to relieve the pain that it felt. The slime's efforts seemed to work, at least somewhat, as the sensation of being pressed closely against another surface interfered with its pain.

At another time, the colorful cloudy substance and the second strange creature stuck to the first one might have been more interesting to Aster, but it took all of the slime's concentration just to move at the moment, so anything else was relegated to the background of its mind.

Edited by Avialae

((Totally forgot about the parasites. xd.png))

Zeditha decided not to force out the last piece of inorganic, and tried to make it hurt the strange things inside her. After all, if it hurt her, perhaps it would hurt the creatures? She concentrated on healing herself after the other inorganics, since they had, after all, hurt her. She also made sure she healed herself after the one she hadn't un-eaten. She also looked at the ground, and scratched it with her feet and beak. Perhaps there was something less nasty underneath it?

((So a bit lost on how this whole rp works, do i wait for the second post or the third? I'm a bit lost on the rules things and i read them twice.))

((@Draco: If you're one of the slimes that had the intro post (sorry for not checking currently, I'm a bit busy to find the new forms) then you can start now as your slime. Go off the intro post of what Viirin put as well as the actual section with your slime's name, but you're free to do what you want for a little segment and then wait for Viirin to post an update for you. So you reply to Viirin posting for quite a while, using the clues he puts down as things for you to investigate until you get to meet another slime or something else happens.

@Viirin: This is reminding me of popcorn... colorful popcorn... and that image is scaring me a little bit... I feel like I need to crappily draw this if I can find the time xd.png but in order to do that somewhat properly I'd need to know what Aster looks like... Avisk is a mess.))

Avisk watched the colorful floating things. It reminded it of the colorful breaking things that had blocked the up-wets from before they had fallen into the hole. The images of the scales on itself changing color to match the fragile things it had seen that moment were flooding back now, changing the colors to match that memory for a second.

A flourish of colors probably would scare Aster a little if it had noticed, but Avisk had been too preoccupied with the floating-colorful to realize the slime had moved. It only noticed when one of the colorful-floating things had floated down slightly to put Aster back in view. The slime was rubbing on things? Many things. Avisk hadn't noticed the larger pile of things specifically once the other slime had been spotted.

The slime moved forward slowly, wondering if the other creature would attack it again. In preparation, Avisk raised the flattened spines very slightly, so they still appeared flat but would take just a second quicker to point outward for protection. The spines skewering the rat still were stuck upright in their fully-protective position, being unable to really move with the rat on them. Avisk wanted that off. Badly. But it knew shaking would give away its position to the other preoccupied slime, so it only moved a little closer again and put one eye on the slime while the other eye focussed on the pile.

There were a lot of interesting odd things here, one of which Avisk was very tempted to go check closer but was wary of doing so if the other slime attacked it. It knew it could take the other slime in a battle, which was obvious with the spikes and the way the other slime had acted, but Avisk was wondering if that had been a ruse. That had happened with the rats. They feined injury to just gang up on it, so this new slime could do the same.

Avisk wondered if there was some way they could communicate with each other to determine if they were threats also from throwing themselves at one another. That would be more useful and would save time from being stealthy so they both could either check things out in peace or battle each other and get this over with.

((So a bit lost on how this whole rp works, do i wait for the second post or the third? I'm a bit lost on the rules things and i read them twice.))

(( put up your character sheet here and he will write up a starting post for you. then you can reply to his and he will update it as best he can. he tries to update every few days. Just post your sheet here and he will start you off.00

The slime lashed out at the pressure above, but that only caused it more pain as it smacked against something hard. And unappealing to it for another reason that it couldn't fathom. Yet it did so again, out of an odd aggressive feeling. After the second time Undine dared not to repeat the action, for the pain from the first impact was still present. The slime appeared to be in place, with its top roiling and twisting angrily; looking similar to boiling gelatin. As it convulsed, a short stray tendril came in contact with the sharp-pieced organic. Its anger simmered down to a point, allowing curiousity to take the reins. It edged closer to the organic, carefully tracing around the edges. This could cause more unpleasant pain to come to it if it wasn't careful, just like the other thing. But...it wriggled closer and closer. It was beneficial somehow. It had no clue where it got that association from as it kept prodding and rubbing at the mysterious thing.

Suddenly it enveloped the thing, sharpness and all. As expected, the sharp parts stabbed at its insides, awakening its aggression for a few moments. It decided to concentrate on absorbing it. This was good, but there would have to be more. It dimly recalled more organic material around it.

OOC: It's okay, Books, they did smile.gif They're Undine and Versine. biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: It's okay, Books, they did smile.gif They're Undine and Versine. biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: i was talking about the guy before, who was asking. not these two, i recognized the names.

The slime landed on a bed of organic. It could feel the ground below it was organic, but not a single piece. Many, many pieces, none of them long, thick, or wide. It was relatively moist, but some of its shapes were poking into the slime- not enough to injure it or inflict pain, but it was annoying anyway. None of it was moving, except the part that the slime fell on, but it only shifted a little bit and didn't do anything else. The strange feeling started to truly take hold of the slime, and it felt like it wasn't inside its own body, somewhat removed, like it was behind itself.

The slime tugged at parts of its body, trying to unstick itself from the unpleasant pointed objects. What in the world had it landed on? Edibles (maybe), organics at the very least. The little blob wobbled disorientedly in a circle as the odd sensation overcame it. Was it stuck on something? Were some of its cells not working? Was it injured? It didn't feel injured, but then again it's not a common thing to feel displaced from one's own body. At least, that's what its animalistic intelligence told it. After a few more turns it finally settled down and contracted into a little ball of ooze, hoping for the sensation to pass as it waited.

((OOC: Viathen didn't absorb a whole lot of the spicy stuff, mostly just cardboard))

Viathen was glad to have is hunger mostly quieted, but the heavily processed organic had left it feeling strange. It flopped off in search of something less artificial to absorb. It was tempted to try changing itself again, but it knew that would make it hungry and didn't know how many more organics it would be able to find. Though its vision was poor, Viathen could make out some strange shapes around it. It pulled itself towards the nearest shape in to see if it was organic and hoped that it was something a bit less processed than the thing it had just absorbed.

OOC @Marcus Phoenix: Nope. But I'll do you one better! I've been slacking on it a bit, but I like turning descriptions into URLs at some point, so you can see what I'm talking about. Been putting up images on the Azure Wyrm facebook page with story-based descriptions and purposes, so I'll get off my duff about that. Might wanna edit where you remove the lid- it had already been gone for about six months.

@Tenebris: (unlocked: rabies gland) The slime convulsed periodically, the out-of-itself feeling getting worse before it began to make itself feel better. It took awhile, but finally it was gone. It was done. In its place, though, the slime felt a.. thing. A semi-hard roundish thing with some dense stringy things coming off it in two opposite directions.

@Crell: (unlocked: crude oil gland) The slime was able to get the organic things it tried for, since they were almost totally immobilized by the sticky stuff that had taken the slime by surprise before, but it wasn't able to help itself but to absorb more of the sticky, restricting stuff. It... didn't have the same effect it did before, though. The slime was able to actually absorb it, gain energy from it. A couple of the organics the slime had absorbed before it accidentally filled itself tasted... like they were covered in restricting stickiness. But at least the slime itself wasn't feeling that way internally anymore.

@Avisk: The slime's colors changed as it decided, but then it saw something else. The other slime had stopped making colored puffy. It stopped rubbing itself on things. It was staring at it now... The puffy that the slime had made was spreading out everywhere, along the ground, into the air, up the mound of stuff. Over and behind Avisk. It didn't feel anything, it was just puffy. It... it didn't really have a taste, but it also did. It was even less like other things the slime had found before. What kind of abilities did this weaker slime have that it didn't?

@Aster: (Unlocked: smoke bomb breath: red, yellow, purple) The slime saw the other creature staring at the puffy stuff that... the slime now saw that it was coming from itself! Three different colors. Each of the three colors were almost an embodiment of some of the feelings the slime had had before. One was anger, one was fear, and one was... it reminded the slime of its feeling of "this is mine, I should consume it". The slime was so overloaded with newness that it took awhile to notice it was watching its own puffy generation had stopped, and it was totally mobile. The pain from the puffiness wasn't even as bad as the slime had thought, it must have made it worse than it was due to shock. Then it got a hold of itself and noticed something- the other creature, the one the slime had tried to attack- had been changing colors. Some of the colors matched the colors of puffy the slime had been forced to make. The puffy was all around, mixing colors. But it was also disappating, and spreading out.

@Zeditha: The sharp inorganic thing moved through the slime's body, into the area the organics the slime had absorbed but couldn't digest were located. The slime couldn't see what it was doing in there, but it could feel it. To a point. There was... an area the slime couldn't feel. That's where it figured the resistant organics were. Under the ground, the slime found something. A hole. A long hole, one that didn't go up and down, but side to side. It was curved. It could see traces of something organic inside... but not what made those traces.

@Viathen: The organic the slime found was round, and felt... strange. Latticed? Its texture was complicated. Didn't taste anything special, though, but the slime could also taste, or rather feel, that there was a different flavor below the outermost texture. A lot of it was soft, and a sweet flavor was... oozing out of it? It tasted somehow similar to the lattice.

@Undine:The organic thing the slime was encompassing tasted... sweet. Not bad. Dense. Some little parts of it were a little bit sticky, even. It was taking awhile to absorb, but the slime could feel it thinning in every part of itself, the slime gaining energy as it dissolved. The organic touching the slime on its top and bottom and a couple of its sides (which was a strange way of thinking since the slime didn't have a shape at all) remained unmoved.

@Sammy: The slime noticed something a little bit after it maybe should have- it hadn't pulled the organic out of the inorganic hole. It had pulled itself in! The bumpy organic was too big to be pulled, and the slime weighing less pulled it in. But it found the soft fluffy things inside again, too. Those were also organic. So salty! And dry. And bumpy.

Happily not covered and seeming to be infused with the sticky thing still Crell can feel the fact that he has made something inside that will create more of it if he wants. Eating more of the floating things around him as well as the sticky floating around him he starts to sink into the wet he can feel it start to change around it. Floating through the wet and feeling organics hitting it Crell tries to grab at them as they do. As he grabs and tries to eat the floating things he can feel the thing in the wet around him being taken in and absorbed as well. In and of the wet it seems to be separate.

Zeditha couldn't decide which to focus on, the inorganic and the resistant organics, or the hole. She eventually decided on the hole, and poked the traces with her beak to see if they were organic.

OOC: Dragonhatchling, in response to your question earlier, Aster currently looks kind of like a gray (well, not sure about that now) tube with round amber cassowary eyes from her starting DNA on one end (the shape is due to her growing a skull and neck, also from the cassowary DNA - her rear half is still just slime. Also, what does Avisk currently look like. The most recent description I could find was a slime covered with scales, spikes, and chameleon eyes (and of course the dead rat stuck to its side) - is that still accurate?

Once the slime finally noticed the bright puffy expanse of colors that it was somehow generating, it immediately became entranced by them. The colors were so beautiful, so bold and bright - and there were so much of them. Aster had rarely had the opportunity to see so much of the particular shades of color that it had gained the ability to generate, at least in such bold hues, and for a little while, the slime just admired them . . . at least until it noticed the familiar but strange not-food creature that was still a short distance away. Aster had been so focused on its temporary paralysis that it had almost forgotten about its presence. Well, at least it hadn't attacked yet. Though that didn't mean that it wasn't going to . . .

Aster then realized that the other creature was a different color than it had been before its bout of temporary blindness. Had it changed colors? Yes, it had! It was doing it again right now, right in front of the slime's eyes! That was an amazing thing to be able to do . . . but Aster could change color, too! It used to be a completely different color than it was now up until a few minutes ago, after all. Could it do it whenever it wanted like the other creature seemed to be able to do?

On instinct, Aster tried to concentrate on the emotions that it associated with each of the colors of the puffy spreading around it when it wanted to turn that color. Whether it was just the concentration or if there was actually some sort of subconscious link inside the slime's mind, it worked, and Aster first turned entirely the angry color, then the scared one, to mimic the colors it had seen in the other creature, the colorful puffy changing color with it. ((I'm going to assume Avisk wouldn't have had any reason to turn purple.)) At first the slime simply enjoyed its newfound ability, but then it slowly realized that if it associated those colors with certain emotions, the other creature might too. Aster didn't want the other creature to think it was angry or afraid, so it turned itself the color it hadn't seen the other creature become, the color that it associated with things that were its own. Aster certainly wanted the pile of mixed organics and inorganics that both it and the other creature were on to belong to it. Maybe if it was able to cover the entire pile with puffy consisting of this color, the other creature would think that that was the case and leave?

((@Avialae: Thank you smile.gif

Avisk is currently a largish (how big you think Viirin? They've grown quite a bit from the sounds...) ball of chameleon scales with thorn things sticking out in a network between the scales. Those are able to move on will, either being flush with the scales or pointed outward in defense. They've got two chameleon eyes as well, which aren't anything really special. I don't remember if there's a mouth gap... but I think there is... not sure if there's teeth or not as I haven't found any mention of a mouth gap for a while :/

and this type of chameleon does have the ability to turn purple, though, thats far less common of a color to see.))

Avisk watched the other slime change color, reacting to the color changes with the corresponding emotions as well. But when it changed purple, the chameleon-like slime wasn't entirely sure how to feel. Their own scales flashed a similar shade of purple before changing to a bluer color as the slime wandered a little closer. What did that mean?

But something else kicked off in the slime. Some instinct that the things in the pile needed to be checked out- looked over. Something in the slime wanted to wander up to the top of the pile and stay there, watching over it from that vantage point. Something conflicted with that color, but the slime wasn't sure why. Did the color mean that the pile was useful? Is that why the intensity to gain control of it came so suddenly?

Avisk wandered even closer, keeping one eye on the other slime while the other eye freely scanned the pile. There were odd things in this pile. Odd things Avisk suddenly wanted even more than just mere intrigue. It reached a section of the pile, and changed a color similar to the purple that Aster had changed to, in an attempt to say this pile was going to be theirs. But the color was a slightly reddish color, almost like Avisk was angry. They weren't, but, something had been set off to seek control of this mass.

The slime started to climb it, squirming over random objects to become higher than the other slime. This pile was going to be theirs.

((Hmm... to make Avisk male like Sevak or female....

Oh! Avisk's instinct kicked in... though they don't really know that either.))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Viathen didn't find the organic particularly interesting, but it was eager to try changing itself again so it began to absorb the thing. The sweetness that seemed to leak out of it was good enough. The textured part was weird, but not entirly unpleasant. Viathen strained to see more of the details of the organic, but its eyes could only make out the general round shape of the thing. It still relied mainly on touch to identify things, and it was beginning to get annoyed. What was the point of seeing if you couldn't look at anything interesting?

OOC Don't worry everyone, I'll update everybody today. Really tired right now, haven't slept for around 20 hours. But I gotta update these two interacting with each other....

Also @Dragonhatchling: Remember, there are some species of I think algae or something that has more than 30 genders just in its own species. I've also met and become friends with a couple transgender people, so your slimes could always do that. Clownfish do it. Or you can RP as something else entirely. Whatever.

I don't remember offhand how Avisk dealt with the pack rats in the tunnels. Wasn't there one you attacked with your face or something?

Right, size. I think you're around the size of my Squish (did you see the videos of me with my pet opossum? You're around his size in the video when he ate the red apple.

@Avialae: I've got your unlock list right here... you could have evolved long ago if you wanted to. I actually think you're around the same size as Avisk, but just haven't evolved yet. Also yes the gray is totally gone cuz it was just your conversion to powder before it recessed and you unlocked it. Anyway here's your unlock list:

Started With: Amber Lace Monitor

Unlocked Since: paper, black ink gland, banana, potbelly pig, chrysalis, grass, goathead thorn, tomato worm, white moth, moth egg, leaf vein, redwood, fire ant, strawberry, psudopod eyestalks, rabbit hind legs, rabbit whiskers, moth wing scales, tomato worm spike, caffeine gland, coffee scent, mucous secretion, pill bug, pineberry, smoke bomb breath: red, yellow, purple

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Avisk: As the slime started making its way up the mound of varied organic and inorganic things, something happened. The... well, it wasn't ground, but something with brownish red spots and some shiny spots- burst open, with large chunks of very wet organic flying out up at an angle, then falling down in a much more widely spread spray of chunks. It landed on everything- on the nearby tall organics, on the mound, on the slimes. The flavor was so strong that the slime tasted it on whatever small parts of itself that were still slime before it even touched it. And there was a lot of it! The circular shape that erupted with this new organic was nearly the size of the slime. Maybe the slime could even make itself fit inside the hole it came from.

@Aster: The color-changing creature started up the mound of things the slime had found, and was making that color. It could do that too? The slime didn't have much time to think about that though, as something exploded from underneath the pile of things, spraying in an upwards arch similar to the slime's new puffy spray. This one was not that color though, but the slime could tell it was organic- and gray. Not the same color the slime had just been, but a different gray. The organic stuff came down instantly, splattering all over everything, including the slime and color-changer. It tasted foul, but very strong. A stronger flavor than it had ever found before. The slime even tasted it on its surface before it even came in contact with it!

@Viathen: The sweet organic mass was filling the slime's hunger easily, but then it looked different. Not just because the slime was absorbing it, but because something new appeared. Small. The slime couldn't tell more than that, but it hand landed on the organic the slime was consuming. Then it detached and hovered above it, then went back to where it was.

@Crell: Something within the thick sticky stuff was small, round, and... attached to something with lots of sticks and knobs. The slime couldn't feel anything else on it at the parts it could reach. It was stuck in the sticky very harshly, but absorbing the sticky helped the slime release it and take it with it down to the salty wet. One of the other things the slime was able to grab onto and start to pull down with it was... big. Very big. That one the slime couldn't release.

@Zeditha: Yep, organic. It was the stuff that the slime's copied genes produced. The clump of dead things from the flimsy organic that gave the slime so much new information. It was the fur! It wasn't from any of the things the slime could copy, but something else. Movement! Something green (heh remember?) moved quickly in the hole, appearing in one end and running so fast the slime didn't have time to catch it before it disappeared down the other direction. It was a hole of one of the things the slime had been trying to get. Then another one appeared in the hole, and slowed down for a moment to look up at the slime.

Focusing on the very big thing stuck to himself Crell forgets about some of what he was doing as he starts sinking stuck to this thing. Trying to spread himself over it and absorb it he can feel that it is big and will be hard for him to take it all. Though the fact he is falling through the floating sticky is something he is happy about, he lets part of himself wonder what kind of things he will eat soon as he focuses on the large thing he is trying to grab.

@Crell: (unlocked: concord grape, crystalline salt) The big organic the slime had stuck within its form started to move once all the sticky was off of the creature's hard pokey part. It did something that the slime didn't understand... the hard part had two small holes in it, and liquid came out forcefully; making the slime lose its grip out of surprise for a moment.

Sammy briefly paused with surprise at being pulled into the tightly packed non-organic tube and wondered if it was back in it's old home. But it soon stopped caring as it began to absorb the tasty things around it. It continued to absorb them, including the fluffy bobs, until there was nothing else left. The slime pressed up against the side of the inorganic tube, which caused it to tip over and the slime slid out of the hole it had come in initially.

Viathen stared at the small thing, straining its feeble eyes to make out details. Unfortunately, it only managed to make its eyes hurt. The small thing would land on the sweet ball, hover away for a few seconds, and then return. Fascinated, Viathen inched up the sweet thing, closer to the hoverer. The small thing shot off the sweet ball. After a while, Viathen worried that the hoverer would not return, but eventually it came back to its spot on the sweet ball. Viathen was very close to the hoverer now. It stared intently at it, not daring to move for fear of scaring it off again. The hoverer creeped towards Viathen, slowly at first, but then faster, more confident. Viathen felt a surge of fear as the the hoverer crawled onto one of its blobby fins. What if this thing tried to absorb it as the first thing had? Once it was on Viathen's fin, Viathen felt details of the thing that it hadn't been able to see. It had thing legs, six of them, and something else smaller that would tap Viathen's moist skin for a few seconds at a time. The moisture faded where the thing touched Viathen's skin. Viathen panicked; this thing was trying to absorb it! Viathen hurriedly put its other fin on top of the hoverer and tried to absorb it, before it was too late.

((OOC: If the small thing is not a fly please tell me and I will edit))

((Hi. I think that it's a bee.))

((Also, I am officially resigning from this RP for now. It just isn't my style. Sorry guys. I might come back later if I can have Jerarde back, but right now, NPC him.))

Surprised and almost losing his grip on this thing as it shoots wet out trying to get away Crell wraps himself around it tighter, his body wrapping around while the small spines move around and start poking at and against the hard part trying to get in. Holding it and trying to absorb the hard outside he keeps scratching at it and poking it as he does, determined to not let it get away.

Zeditha didn't waste a second. As soon as the thing stopped to look at her, she was dropping onto it, and she sank her beak into its neck. She really wanted to eat one of these things - they were so fast, and she wanted to be fast, too. She felt proud as she recognised green, the colour she had named. She also sank her claws into the creature's fur so that she wouldn't lose grip if it ran away again. She noticed something strange and wet coming from the animal, but ignored it and kept digging her beak into the creature.

((Are they mice or something? Or perhaps rabbits. Small, brown-furred, fast creature that oives in tunnels...))