Viirin

Azure Wyrm

Name: Jerarde

Bonus DNA: Water Monitor Lizard

Starting location: sewer.

Description: a small, fist-sized clear slime.

Equipment:

This seems interesting, I'll give it a go

Name: Sammy

Bonus DNA: Thorny Devil

Starting location: Desert

Description: a small, fist-sized clear slime

Equipment:

OOC: Wow, three new players!

All of your characters are accepted. I'll figure out your intros and get you started. Will edit this post (if no one replies to it) with everyone's stories.

----------------------------------@ Alexander_Drake-----------------------------------------------

"I told you it wouldn't work"

"Look, I..."

"No! I told you it had to be an injection."

"Well, mice like cheese. So when I went to the store and saw a party platter..."

"No! Just dump it in with the other thing."

The geneticist and doctor continued arguing with each other, but the cheese cubes filled with failed medicine was dumped into the sewer opening; the metal plate it was sitting on cracking the glass slime canister as it landed. It was a far drop, and rather straight down- a surprise the vial didn't shatter when it was dumped there first but it landed on something heavy and squishy, so it was cushioned.

------------------------------ @ Marcus_Phoenix and Sparrowselkie ----------------------------------

"Dude, what the crap!?"

"What?"

"I was gonna keep that. It looked interesting."

"Well, it's gone now. Come on, just hit the switch."

The trash pickup crew dumped the truckload of uncompacted garbage they had picked up around the nearby city. They had dumped it off the side of the road, a few miles into the desert, as was the standard practice. Luckily for the as-of-yet-alive slimes, the cardboard box that their canisters were placed in remained uncovered.

The influx of new trash knocked over the box with the now cracked vials, awakening all three of the slimes and sending them hurdling down the huge mound of garbage.

"Alright, we're done. Let's go, dude."

"I'm not a dude. I'm a woman."

"Ug, not this again! Not when we're done with our rounds. I wanna go home."

The garbagewoman shook her head, but they left.

------------------------------- In character, not intro posts --------------------------------------------

@Jerarde: The slime activated; becoming aware that it existed, and being given consciousness (thought a very mild form of texture sensing and hunger only) as soon as the air hit it for the first time. A large piece of something smooth and inorganic landed on the slime, but it wasn't heavy enough to squish it flat; only apply annoying pressure. The slime could taste something below and around it though- besides another piece of the same stuff under it, something organic was there. It tasted sweet, whatever it was. Sweet and wet.

@Jed: The organic had curved, serrated spikes sticking out of a far softer and more comfortable material, but the slime could tell it was the same organic. The softer part was dissolved rather easily; but the hard pokey parts were taking much longer. Little pieces of inorganic fell on the slime from the wet above it, and they tasted like something... they tasted? Inorganic things like that didn't taste anything. But these did- they were slippery too, even though they were far more rough than the other ones the slime had known until now.

@Sammy: The slime came to life, and was immediately poked by something inorganic, but smooth and heavy, pushing it into something flat and organic. Below it was something organic, but moving, and felt somewhat rubbery, but wet. Another thing was there, something inorganic but acting like a flavor to the organic flat thing.

@Viathen: The slime awakened for the first time once it became exposed to air, though its enclosure only had an inch-wide hole in it that it was luckily shoved against when it was forcibly sloshed all around. There was something organic and somewhat slippery outside its smooth inorganic case. When the slime pushed on it, it felt somewhat resistant.

@Crell: It was organic, the slime could tell that. But it was old, and showed very little flavor of the fully organic it once was. But the slime could tell there was a lot of it, whatever it was. There had to be, since it was at least as big as the slime's surface that slammed into it stupidly. It didn't even move when the slime rammed into it- the slime felt the entire force of itself reverberate but the organic thing hadn't moved.

Edited by Viirin

OOC: Viirin, you didn't update Aster, even though I responded to her last prompt . . .

Edited by Avialae

OOC @ Avialae: My bad! I usually hit the 'respond' and write updates for characters I see- but since there are only a few spots for posts, I didn't see yours.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Aster: (unlocked: grass, goathead thorn) The organic looked fluffy to the slime, but consuming it taught the slime different. It wasn't fluffy at all, in fact it was rather flat and flimsy, just lots of long pieces of it were jumbled together. There were a lot of orther organics and inorganics near the slime, too many and of too many colors (though mostly the same color as the ground) to bother concentrating on. There was even movement in a couple places, though why anything there moved wasn't seen.

Crell wiggles in annoyance and some pain when he slammed into the large thing. Starting to slide down the hard solid thing he stops because he is stuck. One if his spiked had hit and stuck when he slammed into the hard thing. Pulling himself close using this he starts dissolving it around the spike as he wiggles around slightly. Trying to pull more into it as he wiggles more.

Jerarde decided to digest some of the organic below it, and found that it was quite beneficial, as the annoying hunger began to lessen as it digested more organic. Jerarde didn't want the pressure from above to continue, so as it digested more organic, it moved in a direction to try and escape the pressure from above. Eventually the pressure began to stop in a wave of un-pressure, so Jerarde continued moving to remove all the pressure. Jerarde continues moving, and encounters a cube of strange organic. still hungry, Jerarde digests it, feeling a bit better.

((Edit: I need Viriin to tell me what happens after Jerarde eats the medicine cheese cube.))

Edited by Alexander_Drake

OOC: Thanks, Viirin.

Aster was quite disappointed with the organic that it had just eaten. Somehow the slime had thought that if such a large amount of organics were gathered together, they'd all have to taste good, but that wasn't the case. The stringy organic was dry and bland, and almost worse, Aster recognized the taste, though it couldn't remember from what. Deciding that it didn't want to eat any more of the long stringy organic, Aster pushed the remaining clump to the side with its flexible front half, trying to get it out of the way.

There were so many other organics around, though, that Aster didn't see the need to move on yet. Surely something in the huge heap would have to taste good. The tubelike slime tried to gather several of the various organics around it with its body, taking care to avoid anything that wasn't actually organic. It didn't want a repeat of the incident with the hard bits. Then, more cautiously this time, absorbed a bit of each object through its whole length, trying to see which of the objects tasted best. It could see movement in the one nearest its eyes, though oddly the movement didn't seem to belong to the organic object itself. Maybe there was something different inside, like with the bulbous thing? Aster tried to concentrate more of its attention towards that organic. At least as far back as it could recall, things that moved generally tasted better than things that didn't.

Edited by Avialae

Viathen was eager to quite its hunger, and so it attempted to dissolve the strange organic. It was vaguely aware of other things surrounding it. Odd things, new things, edible things. The slime tried to spread itself to explore, but hunger won out over curiosity and it decided instead to search for food.

OOC @ Everyone: Because of our FOUR new players (Thanks, Avialae!!!), I thought some stuff should be stated again, so they're able to get informed too.

So, all the RP's event information (not all of them holidays, mind you) are written in detail on my site, in the event information area for Azure Wyrm. Here is the link.

@ Marcus Phoenix and Sparrowselkie: Yes, there is a third slime starting with you guys. It isn't a player, it's an NPC (non-player character, controlled by me). I put it in there because the RP needs certain information, and I figured you guys might teach everyone about it unwittingly. It's how to get unlocks from other slimes.

-----------------------------------------------@ ArchiosLukos----------------------------------------------

The strange old man living in the swamp finished drinking his moonshine, and noticed the jug was cracked. It didn't matter now, but it would cause leaks eventually, and he wouldn't be able to guzzle his fermented brew.

It was time to get rid of it. He could get another one. Maybe something even better.

He walked outside his cabin, across the half-rotten plank boards haphazardly nailed together as a bridge, and got to semi-dry land, and walked down the overgrown path. He eventually got close enough to the road to be within throwing distance of one of the mounds of garbage that dump trucks had been dumping their collected garbage that he decided to throw the ceramic jug at the pile- the closest thing to proper disposal his area could suggest.

He didn't see it, but he heard a sound of shattering glass, and felt pleased with himself. He went home. What he didn't see, in addition to the breaking glass- was that the glass was actually the tube part of a laboratory-grade specimen container of a genetically engineered creature the science lab had thought a failure. The open air brought the creature out of designed hibernation...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Aster: The slime couldn't see what caused the inorganic thing to move from the angle it was at, but that wasn't of much consequence since it had finally found something that tasted good, for once. It was a totally different color than the things the slime had absorbed before, but only because of a slight difference... it had dots. One of the other things tasted... the slime didn't know how to classify it. But it was grainy, and at least partially organic... it made the slime feel strange. Not a bad strange, though... The strange taste that made the slime feel strange was within a thingy that felt like it was supposed to have been together- the pieces felt like they fit together. The strange stuff was inside it.

@Jerarde: (unlocked: watermelon) The slime felt strange. Something within the first thing it consumed had some sort of effect on it. It... it felt... better? Something about the organic was wrong, but the other thing in it seemed to counteract it. No, it wasn't counteracting it. It was a good feeling, but the other thing was making it feel bad. Angry. Scared. What was this!? The slime absorbed a dense block of organic, but it didn't dissolve as easily as the first thing did. Something like the cube it now had was also within the squishy, wet, sweet stuff. That must be what was making the slime feel so strange...

@Crell: (unlocked: horse hair) The slime wasn't able to pull the thing into itself, but it was able to mash itself into the hard organic thing, at least well enough to absorb and dissolve enough of it around its spike that it was able to get free. A slippery, but rough inorganic landed on the slime, and easily fell off and disappeared since it wasn't in direct contact anymore. The slime couldn't tell whether the rough inorganic's coating was organic or not, but it was at least interesting.

@Tenebris: The slime came to life, and instantly felt pain. Something big and heavy, smooth and inorganic, flattened it into something that tasted strange, but was organic. Then the big inorganic thing was gone just as quickly. Still in pain, but it also found something to absorb, and it was hungry enough to bother. It had a few flavors within it, sensing the tastes from the direct contact with its slimy surface.

@Viathen: (unlocked: red-tailed shark) The organic thing the slime attempted to absorb succeeded, but only a little bit. It moved. Worse than moving, it started to absorb THE SLIME. The slime was eating something that was eating it as well! It tried pulling the slime into it, but since it was mostly still inside the safety of the inorganic tube-like shape, whatever it was. It recoiled for an instant out of instinct, but started to come back out of the hole in the smooth inorganic and didn't encounter the thing again, yet.

Edited by Viirin

Jerarde was feeling a bit confused after all the strange stuff it had felt, so it returned to the organic that had made it feel better and began to digest more. It made Jerarde feel better again, so he continued to digest it, and would keep doing so until it was all gone. The effect that the large amount of organic would have is Jerarde would be able to increase in mass and become a larger quantity of slime.

Edited by Alexander_Drake

TENEBRIS

The amoeba-like slime recoiled in complaint, looking not entirely unlike a rather offended blob of clear gelatin. The slime jiggled moodily as its semi-permeable surface began to settle from the shock of the blunt object that had attacked it. Of all the rude ways to be awoken... Either way, the offending substance seemed to be gone now and every single cell of the slime's being uniformly decided that it was incredibly hungry and that whatever this 'strange' tasting organic material was, it had better consume it before anyone else did. Still wary, the small blob jetted some of its internal fluids out into what might functionally be called limbs, feeling for the edges of this organic material. It moved over the stuff sluggishly and let its being seep around it, effectively encompassing whatever it was to the best of the slime's ability.

the slime found that it didn't mind the whole taste bit quite that much. Why worry about what's sweet or bitter or strange? If it didn't kill (and the ball of goop had no reason to believe food would kill), then it was the job of slimes to devour it. The little blob heaved in rippling waves around its meal, forcing the sustenance into its body and churning it around its enzymes, acting very much like the independent stomach it was designed to be. It was relieved to have something energizing its cells at last after what seemed like such a long time doing absolutely nothing. It seemed like there had been some food before, but that being inconsequential as it was and not having an overly developed solid brain and all, it had forgotten the trivial memory.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Crell finally pulls its spike from the hard organic below when he feels slimy gritty things falling on and around it. Stretching out so he is flatter but thinner he can feel more things starting to impact him, small and slick they have a weird taste and make him almost want to push it away but enough had fallen on him now that he was half covered in this slick grit. Wiggling and feeling it getting heavier on him he starts wildly absorbing anything touching him. The slick grit, the hard organic, anything else touching him he either tries to pull into himself and absorb or absorb the layers against him. above and below new things come to him as he does. Inside his body after the slick has been taken away the gritty becomes more so and starts irritating him from the inside.

Edited by Booksv2

OOC

Slime Cell Structure- Slime cells aren't specialized, not yet. To start with, each cell is digestive enzyme, nerve cell, brain cell, muscle, and skin. But it isn't actually good at being any of those things. That's why you grow and change- so you can dictate certain cells to specialize in certain ways to become actually useful.

@Alexander Drake: Please wait until I respond to post again. The below response is to the first response post from you, I'm ignoring the second one.

@ArchiosLukos: Please remove where the slime got its name; slimes don't know their names yet, it's just for you to make it easier for everyone to remember who you are and identify you and stuff. Also you're able to remember stuff (see above). Also, not updating you until SparrowSelkie responds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Jerarde: The mass of the sweet mushy stuff wasn't as much as the slime had thought- almost all of it was just basic liquid trapped within it. But the feelings the slime had kept going- it started to get confused. Wet. WET! Something within the slime demanded it get away from the wet, the wet was danger! Something dirty and gritty that the slime didn't realize it had consumed suddenly became annoying, and it had to be expelled somehow.

Edited by Viirin

Sammy came to a halt, it couldn't feel its usual inorganic room, instead it was on something rough and uneven, like a bunch of small surfaces.

Losing interest Sammy began squelching forward along the unusual floor, towards the mass surrounding it, tasting the ground with its gelatinous skin searching for food. It could smell some similar things to itself nearby. But Sammy ignored them and quickly moved to the organic mass it could taste and wrapped its body around it beginning to dissolve it into itself.

((Is that okay?))

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

Jerarde began to ooze about in order to get rid of the gritty stuff, but to no avail. The gritty stuff stuck within him, Jerarde had no choice except to squish into a more spherical shape, and then squeeze the gritty stuff out of himself. It took a while but eventually all the grit got out. Jerarde then began to feel two spheres, denser than himself, coagulate in his gooey form. Jerarde was very glad when the two spheres enabled him to see what was happening around him and be able to watch where he was eating. Jerarde looked at the grit, then back at the big amount of organic, and saw that within the big organic was more grit! Jerarde decided to leave the big organic for something more suitable for consumption, and oozed away slowly and hungrily. He needed more food, and soon. Getting sight had made him hungry!

OOC @ Alexander_Drake: Your slime is being affected by a mind-altering effect, please make sure you post in a way that reflects your current insanity. Don't say it in the post, because you don't know what it is- but you're rabid.

@Marcus Phoenix: Your slime doesn't have the sense of smell yet. Please edit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: I'm getting all the slimes confused with each other. Let me write a few notes to myself so I don't screw up anyone's story

Also I just thought I was looking at my Sent Items folder, but I was looking at my inbox... and I didn't notice I was looking at the wrong thing until I deleted everything. So... if everyone would be so kind as to message me again, letting me know your Starting DNA and if valid, your Event Requests... I'd very much appreciate it. Good job, me! Hooray for sarcasm.

Edited by Viirin

Jerarde felt strange. He was both happy and confused, and was completely disoriented. He began to twitch uncontrollably, congealing and loosening random parts of his mass. Other parts of him were completely numb. Jerarde continued to thrash about randomly, unaware of when this odd behavior would stop.

((OOC: Rabies most often causes death, by the way. My slime had better be one of the lucky ones, or I'm going to be sad. Also, when will it stop?))

OOC: Sorry Viirin, but the link to the first image in my prompt isn't working.

Aster absorbed as much of the delicous dotted thing as it could and eagerly digested it. Once it had done that, it turned its attention to the strange round things that it had found. The slime took one of them and absorbed it, trying not to break it down as quickly as it had its last meal, not because it didn't like its strange taste, but because its very strangeness intrigued it, and Aster wanted to comprehend exactly what the mysterious stuff inside the round objects were, if possible, before it ate any more.

OOC

@Avialae: It's a pineberry. Does this link work?

@Alexander Drake:

How poisons, chemicals, and diseases all work- first the slime is affected slightly, then it spreads to every cell. Even cells that don't make sense get affected. Then you're just beat up for awhile. Eventually the affect receeds until it forms a gland. Then you can use it somehow.

@Everyone: Take a look at page 1! I finally got all the unlocks for everyone shoved over there.

Edited by Viirin

Viirin: Yeah, it's working now, thanks. Also, when did my slime unlock nitric acid? The only thing I can remember she might have got that from was when she ate the nail polish, but I thought she got a copper skeleton (I think) from that?

OOC @ Avialae: *scribbles* I already wrote that down, see!?! (lying, gracious for reminder)

The organic's retaliation startled Viathen. It searched around cautiously to make sure nothing else dangerous was near. It probably would've given up on absorbing altogether, but it's hunger had been reduced and it felt different. More capable, somehow. Viathen liked the feeling, so it continued to fumble around. The hunger was already beginning to return. It was more cautious now, but was nonetheless eager to find more food.