Viirin

Azure Wyrm

@Avisk: The walls of the cave were closing in on the slime. The tunnel getting smaller, but at least most of the creatures hurting the slime seemed to stop. The one it jammed against a wall didn't go anywhere, but wet was pouring from it where the slime's barbs shoved into, and then scraped against, the part of its body between its bulk and what must be its head. Closer. The walls were not getting closer quickly, but as the dead creatures within the slime dissolved, the walls got proportionately closer!

((This is the last response i could find... and i didn't find Avisk posted anywhere else))

Avisk squirmed and felt the wet. It's spines scraped up more against the wall and flattened as the walls got closer and closer slowly. The one creature was still stuck, but the others either had moved away or just dissolved now. The slime hesitated, worried. Worried? Was that it? Shaking slightly, the scaled creature moved forward, squirming its way to wherever. It couldn't see due to the dark, but the eyes rotated in different directions independently due to the chameleon in the slime. It was trying to see. And failing.

No more vibrations could be felt from the other creatures running. Had they all gone? Avisk was lost down here without them. It had no idea of the network it had bumped and wiggled its way through from the beginning. The creature was stuck to the slime for sure, which bothered the slime. Those spines couldn't exactly lay completely flat, and as it grew a little more the squished creature was being pressed more into the scale-spinework of the slime. But the slime pressed on. Blind. Confused. Determined.

Small amounts of light could be seen in various spots for very brief seconds. Avisk wasn't sure what that was, as it was completely pitch black down here. What the slime didn't realize was it was more likely a trick of its own eyes, not knowing about them very well at all, trying in vain to see in such darkness.

@Alexander_Drake: Yes, that is EXACTLY how venom / disease / chemical glands work. Some glands are even positive, and you can use that to help out others, or just yourself. Very few slimes have a gland that benefits their own health, though. Usually I don't want anyone to decide when their gland grows- I'll do that part. I've been enjoying describing the glands as of late. But it's fine. Also... well, you can see in the post. Also, please stop posting your own replies. I only acknowledged the post you made after my response. The post you did at Feb 2 at 8:40pm is the one I'm gonna respond to, but I need you to show your infections from rabies and the other thing with feelings I was describing.

@Avialae: You're right, you didn't, it was just your request I didn't get to you yet. Man, there's like... four things I want you to have near your location right now. You'll get them.

@Everyone: I was talking to someone in PM about pancakes. Please PM me again so I can make a note of it again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Crell: The slime felt strange. It tried to get a grip on the organic hard thing it was absorbing below it, but it kept slipping off. The movement of the wet it had gotten slightly used to now, and it wasn't that. It felt like its own surface was changing, and felt both sticky and slippery. When it tried to attach to the organic hard thing, it couldn't hold on, but when it tried to just let itself drift, it couldn't let go.

@Zeditha: The dry, crunchy, brittle brown leaves were organic, of course... but they didn't really taste like anything. The slime had grown significantly recently, but it wasn't really particularly hungry right now. Nothing was really interesting it either... the scents the slime smelled and sights it saw with its excellent vision said something else. There were far more interesting things to eat nearby, though they weren't close.

@Aster: (unlocked: pineberry) The slime felt really, really strange! It saw itself changing color, and not because it wanted to. It also felt... inorganic? That didn't make sense. The spheres had some sort of dense dust inside, and absorbing that made the slime's body start to change too! It wasn't able to concentrate on that as much as it would have liked, though- the inorganic thing that had moved earlier moved again, and started rolling down the mound's slope. When it hit the bare ground, it broke the ground itself and sunk in. A creature with a strange look was revealed, poking its head up out of the ground. The slime could tell it was seen.

@Sammy: The organic things the slime found were good and dense, and didn't taste bad. They didn't taste particularly amazing either, but it was edible and that's what mattered. They were long and cylindrical, and tasted like animals of some kind. Not one animal, but a bunch of them smashed together into the shape the slime found them in. Was this how all animal food was?

@Viathen: The thing that absorbed the slime when it touched and tried to absorb it was still out there, but the slime also felt it moving away. The thing didn't move quickly, but eventually it was gone; the slight pressure from the slime's touch-test didn't seem to bother it. It was gone, and a few moments went by and still it didn't come back.

@Tenebris: (unlocked: watermelon) The mooshy, wet, soft stuff was barely anything worth consuming, but the slime did it anyway. It wasn't particularly filling, but it was organic. Moving around, the slime felt much denser organic shapes- perfectly flat on each side. No, some of them weren't perfect- they had parts of circles cut into them. Those tasted awesome. The slime wanted more. How couldn't it? But it began to feel strange too... something was inside the thick flat shapes it had now had filled itself with and half digested.

@Avisk: The slime felt the ground move. Something big was moving, and coming towards the slime. It wasn't underground, by the feel of it. The slime's luck won again- something heavy and inorganic broke through the ground above the slime, flattening the tunnel in front of it and providing an escape route; though one too small for the slime to use properly. Light shined from above, some parts of it slightly more bright than others. In front of the slime was a large pile of... things. It had seen something like this before, but it looked like a different one. Something that looked much like the slime once did was on top of the right edge of the pile, consuming some pale-colored dotted things.

((OOC: Whoa! Is Tenebris near me? He unlocked watermelon and digested some of the cheese too, from what I can tell. Woo, slime buddies! ...Or just another meal. As long as I survive, I don't care. xd.png))

Crell tries wiggling like he had before when he had moved around wildy but the pressure now on top of himself and the weird sticky slippery of his own body only makes him flop around and slam parts of his body down into the hard organic and make him mad because he is unable to move at all and can't pull on the hard below him. Thrashing harder and slamming his body into the hard he goes to do it again when he finds he can't. trying again to pull away he finds that he is stuck again and this time its more firm than last time. several spikes seeming to be stuck into it.

OOC: What color is my slime now?

Aster squirmed down the mound towards the head of the strange creature, curious about it. The slime was careful to remain a safe distance away, though, at least for the time being. This new thing was definitely capable of moving with intent, and with its body in the middle of reacting to the dust that it had just eaten, Aster was poorly equipped to defend itself if the creature proved to be dangerous.

As it watched the strange animal warily, Aster found itself wondering if the animal would make a good meal. The slime wasn't particularly hungry at the moment, but it wasn't not-hungry, and it definitely wanted to learn more about this new creature. On the other hand, Aster hadn't encountered something this large that could move on its own before, and it was uncertain if it could absorb the strange creature without putting itself in danger - but it wanted to at least try. The slime decided to wait until it was finished having its reaction to the dust before it tried to absorb the creature, so at the very least it would be able to concentrate fully on its task.

Sammy enjoyed absorbing the organic mass. Sammy finished absorbing the current mass but it's hunger still raged and it began to search along the crumbly ground towards the next mass. It moved over some smooth inorganic bodies, like the smooth surface it lived in. Sammy ignored these and latched onto the organic masses inside, it hoped that they were similar to the first mass it absorbed.

((Wait, when did Zeditha grow a nose? I didn't grow her a nose...))

Zeditha decided to follow the interesting sounds and sights to see what she could eat. Maybe she would find out why the hell she was here. Her ears twitched in anticipation of discovery, and she made her feet neon orange. (no reason. Just wanted something neon orange. smile.gif)

Viathen was glad to sense that the thing that had tried to absorb it was moving away. Somewhat convinced that it was safe from further danger, Viathen oozed around in search of more food. It was annoyed at how slowly it was moving and how vague an idea it had if it's surroundings. Much to its own surprise, Viathen gain a small bit of blurry vision and its gloppy body formed a pair of fin-like appendages. The slime was amazed and proud, but also very hungry, so it used its newfound abilities to pull itself towards what it thought was an organic.

((OOC: Viathen's vision is really blurry because both the creatures it has absorbed have flat eyes suited to seeing underwater.))

Avisk was scared for a few moments, watching dirt, dust and various other things it couldn't name fly around it as a sudden bright showed up. Outside? That was outside! Were they free? Finally? No more dark?

It took a moment for the creature to readjust to the light, but its independently rotating eyes allowed the slime to see much more of the area as it squirmed its way quickly out of the rest of the tunnel. The slime burst forth, covered in dirt and still carrying the packrat unwillinging and seemingly forever stuck to its network of spines between the scales surrounding its body. But something caught Avisk's eye.

Another slime? Avisk knew a little about what itself looked like now, being able to see just a small smidge of its own body. Was that bad? The other slime moved toward it, and Avisk skirted to mirror the movement. It didn't know if the other creature would attack, but Avisk wasn't particularly up for attacking things. Though itself was bigger than this new slime, so that was an advantage. Avisk could always try to crush the other thing if it got too close, and as if to show that, it reared up again before slamming itself back down, now watching the new creature intently. Hopefully that would stop any thoughts of attacking from this new thing.

(OOC: Oops, didn't realize the "other creature" was supposed to be Avisk at first, but that's fine, he's evolved enough (as far as I can tell) that Aster wouldn't recognize him as another slime right away anyway))

The other creature appeared to be cautious as well, moving forward slightly but not doing anything that Aster recognized as aggressive. The other creature's rapid lifting and lowering of its body was confusing, but it didn't really intimidate Aster. Interpreting the perceived lack of aggression as a sign that Aster had the upper hand, the slime rolled towards the other creature as quickly as it could, using the slope of the mount it was on for momentum. As it slid onto with the strange animal Aster prepared to absorb it through its skin . . . only to feel the worst pain that the slime had ever felt. The other animal was covered with sharp pointy spikes all over, and they tore into Aster's gelled body as the slime landed on top of the other creature. They seemed to hurt much worse than those of the wiggly thing had, although the slime couldn't be sure of this, since the fact that the other creature had so many spines meant that the punctures Aster had received covered a much wider area of its body.

Thrashing in pain, Aster slithered away from the other creature as quickly as it could before it had had a chance to absorb anything. The slime had lost any desire whatsoever to absorb the other creature, whatever it was. The process would definitely involve too much pain to itself, since Aster currently had no way to counter the other creature's sharp spikes. Having moved a fair distance away from the strange animal, Aster curled into a crude ball as it regenerated its damaged flesh, careful to keep its eyes facing the other creature. The slime was aware now that if the other creature realized it could damage Aster so easily, it would be a significant threat to the slime as it was now.

Something about the other creature did seem familiar to Aster as it studied it, namely, its shape. But Aster's understanding of other creatures was still fairly simple, and the presence of the scales and spikes was enough for Aster to be unable to recognize the other creature as one of its own kind. How could something be a slime if it didn't have slime, after all? Yet Aster was slowly beginning to realize that something about the other creature seemed very familiar, all the same.

Edited by Avialae

OOC @ Zeditha: I thought you had little holes in your beak. If I'm wrong, I'll edit. Your ears are pretty good. Let me know in PM if there are any forest-dwellers you're interested in finding.

@Alexander_Drake: Nope, you guys are pretty far from each other, just happened to have found exactly the same meals! Lots of trash, happens sometimes.

@Sparrowselkie: I like it! Try not to grow too much in the future without mass, though. You did perfect it by admitting your serious hunger, though! Luckily you're on top of some.

@Avialae: Gray, because you're absorbing a chemical mixture. Sorry about beating you up!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Aster: The slime's surface hardened, with the scratches in its... hide? still scratched. Engraved now, since it got harder. The slime saw itself as it turned darker gray, before its eyes hardened as well and it could no longer see. It had felt something though, a tiny point of heat from behind it somewhere, but it couldn't do much about it now.

@Avisk: The other had attacked the slime, but pointlessly. It didn't seem like it knew how to attack one of its own. That was fine, and even more fine because it seemed to be going through some strange sort of transformation. Its color changed, and instead of its surface closing its scratches it got from the slime's barbed skin, it instead looked less mobile, and didn't close at all. Even the thing's eyes changed and turned dark gray. It didn't move. Able to focus better now from its underground adventure, the slime saw that there was a shiny piece of inorganic that bounced the light from up along the ground, but it hit a piece of clear inorganic first, and the light was at its smallest when it hit... the other's back end.

@Viathen: Organic, though heavily processed and the slime couldn't tell what it used to be, was right below it. Flat, soft, but durable. There seemed to be a flavor on it, but there wasn't much of it. It got thicker as it trailed down a slope, and ended in... three flat walls touching? The flavor was a little deep at that point, and tasted rather spicy. It had chunks in it, but those weren't spicy... but the liquid coating it was.

@Zeditha: Shiny reflections seemed to dance a little bit away, and most of the dancing bright shapes were different colors. Some the slime already had and could do, but not all of them. Whether it was the brights or not, the slime didn't know, but it heard light, fragile sounds coming from behind the brights. That, plus the sound of plants rubbing against each other as the air moved. Various other sounds that the slime recognized as creature noises were all around it, but nothing to specifically focus on right now unless it concentrated.

@Sammy: (unlocked: chicken claws, rooster frill, hooves) The things the slime found inside were dry, but they tasted incredibly salty. There were a few pieces of something organic and soft and really fluffy inside too, wedged in between the inorganic shape and the organic ones the slime had just discovered. Really salty. What were these things? The saltiness of the things, whatever they were, had little knobs on them, barely noticeable; but they were there. The biggest one the slime found was about half its own size, and felt really strange in a way the slime couldn't describe to itself.

@Crell: The slime was even stickier than it was before. No matter what it did, it wasn't able to detach from anything- even the gritty ground stuck to the slime, but at least it was still able to flop around. The gritty little inorganic pieces were all through the slime's interior now, but since most of the slime was now composed of the same viscuous stickiness, it didn't make as much of a difference as it maybe should have. The slime couldn't even feel the wet now, and it didn't know whether it was moving or not, or if it was, how hard or in what direction.

Avisk's color changed on the scales to unknowingly match the surrounding objects nearest it. It blended it, but only slightly. Moving kind of ruined that effect, but the scales responded and changed color without the poor scaled-slime really wanting them to. Was it because of the attack? It didn't know. But it did know that the other creature couldn't move anymore, and smashing it with the added size might be an option. But the light caught more attention. Could that be used? There was a few more clear weird things scattered about. Maybe they did the same thing?

The slime moved forward, annoyed by the rat forever stuck to its back. It shook a little to try and get that off but with no progress. Some would even say it got lodged further onto the slime with the few thorns stuck pointing outward instead of willingly able to flatten against the scales. Another clear thing was in reach, to which the slime glanced at the other creature with one eye, keeping that eye focussed on it. No movement yet. Avisk slightly wondered what happened for a moment before nudging the clear thing. Light bounced off, glaring into its own eye trained on the clear before settling on something else further away. A nudge again. Nearly the same result, yet this time the light faintly showed on the pile of things it had seen before. Perhaps another nudge? Avisk nudged it once more and got the light to shine on itself, creating a brilliant flash of pain in its own eyes before it moved and the small light just barely grazed the other slimes top. Which gave Avisk an idea. Would focusing these free the slime? Or would smashing it be much better considering it had attacked first?

The scaled creature waited facing the other slime's behind, near another clear thing in case it did move. Maybe shining light into their eyes was just as bad as it had been for itself. Spots dotted everywhere from the one eye that had been watching the clear object, but the other eye trained on the slime could see fine. That bothered Avisk more than it wanted that to bother. It shook again, trying to get the packrat off and trying to make the dots go away. The dots started to dissipate, but the rat held true. That was never coming off. Not on its own.

((OOC: I thought the slime might try to do more at first, then learn how hungry changing makes it.))

Viathen was skepticle of the spicy, processed seeming organic. The walls too seemed strange. The slime could just barely make them out with its eyes, and if it didn't press a lumpy fin against one, it wouldn't hsve thoughT the were solid. It would've looked for something else, but the massive hunger that now gnawed at it was only getting worse. The slime, which now resembled some sort of clear, melted slug, tried absorbing the thing. The taste was strange, but not entirely unpleasant. Thankfully, its hunger began to fade.

Edited by SparrowSelkie

Crell starts thrashing more, the fact he can not feel anything making him start to freak out a little. Even when he had been in that thing before and unable to move around he had always felt. Thrashing, or trying to thrash, he can only feel himself moving a little. Not what is going around him and not even if he is still inside the wet he used to be in. Everything he had been trying to do now changed, his hunger and original action long forgotten.

OOC: No worries Viirin - technically I was the one who banged Aster up in the first place, anyway.

Aster was very worried as its body hardened, preventing any movement, and the world darkened around it. Not so much about its own state - it could dimly remember something like this happening before, as well as the fact that that had went away after a while, so the slime was fairly confident that it just had to wait this out - but about the presence of the other creature. When Aster had tried to absorb the other being, it had assumed that, at the worst, that it would at least have the option of running away, but now not only could the slime not see any place to flee to, it couldn't even move. Literally its only option was to wait until it could move again and hope the other creature didn't do anything aggressive to it in the meantime, and considering that Aster had just tried to absorb the other creature, that wasn't an option the slime liked much. It wasn't keen to be on the receiving end of those spikes a second time, but all it could do was wait, trapped in a state of fear, not knowing when or even if an attack would come.

As it waited, Aster used the only means of sensing the world around it that it had left to try and determine the location of the other creature, and listened intently to the sounds around it, trying to determine if the creature was getting closer. It didn't think so, though it was hard to tell without sight. The other creature was making a lot of noise, though! Aster could hear a lot of rustling, and several loud clinks, an unfamiliar noise to the slime. There had been a warm sensation on its rear end that was suddenly gone, but after a few moments it was back again, except farther up the slime's back this time. What was going on out there, anyway? Aster desperately wanted to know, but there was no way it could at the moment. All it could do was wait.

Edited by Avialae

@Tenebris: (unlocked: watermelon) The mooshy, wet, soft stuff was barely anything worth consuming, but the slime did it anyway. It wasn't particularly filling, but it was organic. Moving around, the slime felt much denser organic shapes- perfectly flat on each side. No, some of them weren't perfect- they had parts of circles cut into them. Those tasted awesome. The slime wanted more. How couldn't it? But it began to feel strange too... something was inside the thick flat shapes it had now had filled itself with and half digested.

The slime devoured what it could of the sweet melon. If nothing else the small bit of the substance it did consume was hydrating. However, it had the rather curious effect of making the transparent blob appear pink from the particles now swirling inside of it. Driven by pangs of hunger, it lurched over to the other organics, different as they were and quickly devoured them as well. For a moment, it was contented. The fist-sized slime rested atop the place where its last meal had been, giving itself time to digest the latest conquests. There were, it thought, likely many organics around for it to digest. It had landed atop a mound of plenty after all. After a few minutes of bubbling and shuddering and jiggling in place, the small mass threw itself once again into motion, rolling rather comically in the first direction it could muster itself to.

Sammy paused in it's absorbtion shocked as it's body began to strech forward, the nubs then into four smaller ones which then stretched a little further.

Sammy felt less hungry but it still wanted to eat. It was startled again as the small appendages moved according to its will, the tips of the nubs seemed to dig into the inorganic shape. Sammy dug the appendages in and pulled, the Slime slid off of the inorganic shape and landed back on the grainy ground with a small splat. Reaching out with it's appendages it began searching for more organics, dragging itself along. It paused in it's search, it recalled an inorganic tube like object back at the top of the mass. Spining itself around Sammy slithered back up to the top of the pile and using its appendage, reached into the gap in the tube. It came into contact with the strange bump coated organic. It closed the four further nubs on it and pulled it back towards it, then quickly began to absorb it.

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

((Nope, no nose as far as I remember. No need to edit it though, she could have sensed the smell chemicals through the slime.))

Zeditha wandered around, looking at all the different colours. She put her beak on each different colour, and made her beak that colour. For the ones she couldn't do, she used her beak instead to pull off some of the colour, and eat it. Then she made her beak the colour. xd.png She kept her ears alert, listening for anything interesting. Suddenly, one noise seemed to become interesting, and she headed towards that.

OOC If anyone knows other sites with good RP areas, I'll shove this RP on a fourth active site (It's here, on the Escapist, and at Magistream right now). Also you can have a character on each forum if you want (Books is on three sites, Dragonhatchling on two, and someone else used to be on two sites too; so it isn't a new thing).

@Zeditha: Good! I'm lazy.

@SparrowSelkie: Oh. Okay smile.gif we're good! Also, did you absorb much of the spicy stuff? I'll let you know what it is if you did.

@Marcus_Phoenix: I'm... confused with what's going on with you. On my side, I'm seeing you finding a pickle jar with an old, dried out pickle in it, and some cotton balls. What are you seeing, out-of-character?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Zeditha: The slime saw itself fail to copy the new colors it found, and eating the pieces hurt significantly! They were jagged, sharp, and inorganic, and they were now stuck in the slime's... area between the bulk of its body and its beak. The sound the slime had heard was almost similar to the noise coming from inside its throat as the pieces bumped against each other. Another sound. This one sounded like a loud growl, followed by something huge scratching at the ground! It wasn't far away, either. The ground and the pile of stuff were at the bottom of an incline, and the noises had come from the top, where the slime couldn't see- even if its view wasn't blocked by a plant.

@Avisk: The point of light hitting the other slime's back was brighter than it was at its previous angle, and the slime saw something strange. Something... something that didn't look solid began to slowly emerge from where the point touched the other slime. After the few moments it took to begin, it surely didn't spread slowly! The emerging... the slime saw something like this before. When it looked up at the bright thing in the sky before! It looked like the puffy white things. Is this where they came from? Slimes made fluffy white things in the sky when light touched them? The emerging puffy began to grow and spread, and was now about the width of one of the other slime's eyes, instead of a tiny dot. The middle of the tiny dot began to look even brighter than the point that was on it. But unlike the other puffy white things in the sky, this one was different colors. Some of the colors of the organics it had absorbed before...

@Crell: As the slime thrashed, it felt the furthest edges of itself begin to be able to feel again, and it was still inside the wet. It wasn't near the other small pieces of organic/inorganic anymore as far as it could tell. Was the thrashing movements making the most panicked parts of itself begin to recover? The slime could also tell by now that it wasn't stuck to anything anymore.

@Tenebris: The slime landed on a bed of organic. It could feel the ground below it was organic, but not a single piece. Many, many pieces, none of them long, thick, or wide. It was relatively moist, but some of its shapes were poking into the slime- not enough to injure it or inflict pain, but it was annoying anyway. None of it was moving, except the part that the slime fell on, but it only shifted a little bit and didn't do anything else. The strange feeling started to truly take hold of the slime, and it felt like it wasn't inside its own body, somewhat removed, like it was behind itself.

@Viathen: (unlocked: cardboard) Absorbing through the organic wall was taking awhile, but it began to satiate the slime's hunger anyway. The slime had consumed enough of it to understand it a little, and continued to consume it. It got through the wall, finding more air on the other side- the wall wasn't all that thick, really. The slime continued absorbing, making the hole it made wider and wider.

@Aster: The slime's eyes began to be mobile again, though barely. It was even beginning to see a little, but it couldn't make anything out. The point on its back felt.. wider. Hotter. It was starting to hurt, but it wasn't unbearable. The slime could make out the other creature that came from the ground now, but it didn't seem like it saw the slime's eyes- it was staring intently at the part of the slime that hurt. The other creature seemed to have another creature on top of it, at a different angle the slime threw itself at. It didn't look like anything the slime had seen before, and it didn't look like it would be able to move again. The rest of the slime was still unresponsive to its movement attempts. The slime couldn't see from the angle it was looking, but it looked like some sort of... fluffy air? was behind the slime, and growing. Colorful fluffy air. The slime... it could move! Not very well, but it could move a little, finally.

Edited by Viirin

Realizing that the thrashing seems to be helping bring back the feeling of the wet around it Crell starts thrashing harder and wilder. He can feel his body jumping and moving around in the wet and sometimes he seems to leave the wet for a little before being surrounded again by it. As more of the feeling seems to leave he keeps it up, even as he starts to get tired and the hunger from before comes back with a mighty roar in his body.

(OOC: That was a pickle jar!? I had no idea. But I was just being general, Sammy kept eating and he grew some 'claws' however they don't have scales yet so... i guess he looks like a little slimer without a face or the green colour. Would you like me to redo my post? I'm thinking I could change it so that Sammy can't get through the pickle jar, then when he grows his 'claws' he breaks it open?)

Zeditha was annoyed that the colours were inorganic, because she couldn't have the colours. She pushed them to the slime near her beak, and tried to eat them in reverse. She didn't want them in her; they were useless. She kept following the sound, though, using her ears to pick up where it was coming from while her beak was near the ground, trying to reverse-eat the inorganics.

(Reverse-eat = spit out. In case that wasn't clear. It probably was clear, why am I even putting this?)

OOC @ Marcus_Phoenix: You wouldn't need to break it open, it's open already (that's how you got in, I figure). The jar is laying on top of the pile of garbage, without a lid. It's been like that awhile, which is why it is dried out- all the juice dehydrated. But if you wanna do a slight edit, then yes that would be awesome smile.gif

-------------------------------------------------------Intro Post for Undine and Versine-----------------------------------------------------------

The man picked poked some moldy newspapers, never read or even opened, out of the way, revealing a bowling ball. Cracked around the finger-holes, so it was useless now. It really was trash, just like most the stuff was that he was standing on. He tossed it aside with difficulty, as it was rather heavy.

It smashed into the screen of a television and sunk through the entire thing- it was one of the old TVs since before there were flatscreens or HD. Garbage? If it wasn't before, it was now. The television fell over and rolled off of the couch cushion it was half-laying on, breaking at the corners. The ball was heavy enough that it sank into the restaurant waste partway down the mound of garbage, but the top part of the TV didn't- it slid down and smashed into a large paper shopping bag containing two genetic specimen containers- the glass was heavily stressed, but hadn't broken or even fractured. Until the wooden TV piece hit them. They might as well have turned to dust.

The slimes both awakened immediately; finally brought to life.

-------------------------------------------------------------In-Character Posts---------------------------------------------------------

@Crell: The slime could feel its own cells continue to cure themselves of the sticky that defied the wet, but it also felt that there was more of the stuff. It wasn't affecting the slime the same way as it did before- it wasn't changing again. But it was getting covered in more of it, and that was almost worse. Luckily the slime could feel that there wasn't any of it below the surface far enough down, and the saltiness was there to welcome it. Even better, is the slime tasted some dense organic that was big enough that it was both above the sticky-covered wet, and below it to the safe part.

@Zeditha: The inorganic pieces didn't come out of the slime easily, and it had to use some strain to force it out. However, in so doing, it felt the jagged edges of the inorganic pieces slice the slime from the inside out- but at least they were finally out. The slime was somewhat protected on the outside of itself now, but not the inside. Was that even possible? Then again, there were those creatures inside the slime that the slime wasn't initially able to dissolve like it did to everything else. Maybe there was something to this. Going up the incline, the slime couldn't see what had made the noise, but it didn't hear most of those sounds again. It did hear the same scratching noise get quieter and further away, though. The ground up at the top of the mound looked... black. Hard. Totally different than the ground it had known until now.

@Undine: The slime came to life, and felt a great pressure on top of it, causing extreme pain! But then immediately after, it felt the area below it and to one side become... loose? It wasn't pressed. All of the area around the slime tasted organic, except for the inorganic dust below it and the sharp-edged but otherwise smooth inorganic thing. A different kind of organic was at the bottom of the open part of the organic, and it... it felt like it had sharp pieces.

@Versine: The slime awoke, and felt that it was on top of some sort of inorganic dust, but it could also taste under it, and felt organic. Edible. Above the slime was the same organic, but it was pushing on the slime with a weight it couldn't ever hope to counter. One direction within the organic was pressed and immobile, but the other side didn't feel anything. Nothing was there? Well, almost nothing. The organic the slime was in felt damp in that direction.

Going under the slimy thing into the organic filled salty wet Crell can feel himself falling through it as he feels organics hitting his body as the slimy seems to continue to cover it. As some of the things in the wet around it seem to stick to the slimy and he could then pull them into himself he starts to absorb the organics around him in the wet. The salt in the wet also seeming to be taken in and absorbed along with the other floating organics around him.

((OOC: Okay I made the edit, hope it's okay... I'm really dumb at stuff like this, when Sammy encounters a new thing would you be able to put what it is in brackets after describing it in the 'slime terminology'?))