Viirin

Azure Wyrm

((OOC: Viirin, would you mind giving me the genus and species name of the "white moth" Aster unlocked, as well as the one for the tomato worm if that's a different species of animal?

Also, Dragonhatchling, I believe your slime's name was Avisk, if you haven't remembered that fact.))

Since Aster was already pretty familiar with the taste of the wiggly things, it might have stopped absorbing the strange different non-wiggly wiggly thing, but the fact that it was so different than the wiggly things it had eaten before intrigued the slime. Somehow in its brief existence, likely due to the instincts it had gathered from the things it had already eaten, Aster had gained the expectation that things that tasted alike should look alike, too -- The slime didn't understand why this immobile wiggly thing looked so different, but whatever concept Aster had stumbled upon was too advanced for its still limited intelligence to comprehend, and just left it confused. Somewhere deep inside of itself, another instinct told the slime to keep asborbing the different wiggly thing, that eating it would somehow lead Aster to understanding. The slime didn't really understand that, either, but eating more things did seem to be a good idea, so it absorbed every part of the larger, immobile wiggly thing into itself, leaving behind the bland-tasting flora. This new wiggly organic was big enough that it would take Aster a little while to digest it, so the slime set itself to digest it, looking around for something new to investigate as it did so. The effect of the dark grounds that it had eaten earlier hadn't completely worn off yet.

OOC @ Avialae: Tomato worms are just a larval stage. Its adult stage is a white moth: (looks it up again, oops, not "white moth". Change that to 'tomato horn worm moth'.

OOC: Viirin: Thanks. I looked the tomato worm up, and saw the adult moth as the horn worm moth, which is why I got confused and thought Aster might have eaten a second species of caterpillar somewhere wink.gif

OOC @ Avialae: No prob. Also, all the tomato horn worms I ever saw had red horns. That's what you were eating.

OOC: Dragonhatchling posted this on her Facebook wall, and had to share it for you guys that haven't already seen it: DRAGON ATTACKS MILITARY HELICOPTER AND WINS EASILY

Also, I'm getting closer to having some serious danger arrive. Players from other threads that didn't post for a full calendar year, so their characters are now NPCs, in addition to the NPCs I designed anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Aster: (unlocked: chrysalis) The slime hadn't noticed it before for good reason. Though it was covered mostly in... dirt.. maybe... there was another thing similar in color to the wiggly and the foliage, but seeing under a fallen piece of flimsy plant, the slime could see that this dirty thing had a totally different texture than anything else anywhere near it. A hard-looking very dark part was sticking out from the end of the brighter dirty... furry.. part. The slime didn't know whether it was organic or not, but how couldn't it be, with such a texture?

@Zeditha: The creature eluded the slime again, but at least the slime was closer this time; it knew that because the creature flung inorganic at the slime's face as it attempted to wedge itself into the hole. Nearby, a much larger creature- one almost the slime's own size- came out from behind a small cluster of large plants. Its four limbs were long, and it had another limb behind it. The slime could tell it was being watched, but it also kept shifting its gaze to the group of holes the slime was trying to hunt in. Maybe this creature knew a trick?

@Crell: OUCH! The slime buried itself into the nearly sticky silty inorganic, but apparently there were things buried in it. One of the things poked the slime- a thick, inorganic spike- hollow, but with some sort of.. something that came out of it and made the slime start to feel strange.

Zeditha decided to climb out of the hole and go towards the large creature. It was by plants anyway, and plants couldn't run.

((What the heck does my slime look like, by the way?))

((OOC: Viriin, is my slime going to get the lace monitor event DNA anytime soon? I requested a while ago, after all. I realize the RP has been progressing slowly, but still . . .))

At some point Aster had apparently eaten something that allowed the slime to at least recognize the soft, fuzzy substance it had spotted under the plant as something that generally grew over the surface of some types of organics. Excited by this realization, the slime headed as quickly as it could (which wasn't very, so slowly) over to where the fuzzy-hard organic was hidden and shoved it gently with the side of its neck. From Aster's limited perspective it didn't look like the fuzzy-hard organic could move, but especially given the hard-looking part that the slime could see sticking out, it didn't want to take any chances. The pointy things the wiggly things had had hadn't hurt the slime all that much, but this new organic seemed to be considerably larger than the wiggly things had been.

Jed continued floating along once the organic had been absorbed, going in no particular direction. He came upon a hard, prickly something that was definitely organic, and the pain caused by this object prompted the slime to absorb the offending organic. It took a while to absorb but the pain caused by the organic eventually vanished as the object was absorbed completely.

Crell pulls away from the stabbing sensation from below and starts to move away as a a rush of warmth and slightly heaviness settles over his body. Pausing and almost struggling to stay above the sharp think in the silty inorganic he slowly loses that fight and drops back down to get stabbed a second time. Opening himself and allowing it to go deeper but not hurt he feels more of the strange liquid from inside it and pushes a tendril down inside to feel for more, drawing it out into himself to feel an even greater rush wash over himself and his body starts to shake and falls down father till the stinging thing is almost half way through his body.

OOC (partially @ Avialae, but all of you should read it)

I had totally forgotten about it. Someone also wanted Sebright Chicken, and I just remembered that, too. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what slime has what unlocked, what senses, how big they are, what I owe them, what NPC slimes are around and what they did, what retired slimes are doing, and other stuff. Since starting this game 8 years ago or so, I've tried lots of ways of reporting unlocks to players, so looking back, it's pretty erratic. Also there's this thread, a retired thread from here, an active thread on The Escapist, and two other threads that went inactive on sites I can't remember. But once I figure all that out, everything will go way more smoothly and quickly! Oh, right, and Crell's mint-flavored Cadbury creme egg. Okay, I know where your lizard reward is. On the retired DC thread, some slimes found an abandoned hunter's lodge and got all SORTS of stuff there. I'll have to let you find it, too. Hey, plus that also means that other forest slimes can find what the other guys didn't loot (which was most of it). Hehehe, there's some crazy stuff in the deep freeze and nailed to the wall...

@Zeditha: You're mostly a bird... but scaly because you used chicken leg scales to cover yourself. I think you also have a bunch of patterns from ants all over yourself. You're around the size of a labrador retriever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Crell: The slime relaxed. It couldn't help it. It didn't want to help it. The pain of the stabbing pokey thing was negligible, the warm feeling of happy relaxation it got from the liquid was more than enough reward to allow the thing to stab into it. The slime wasn't at the mercy of the moving wet, it had noticed before, but the feeling it had was the only important thing to it right now. Nothing else was even worth paying attention to. The slime was buoyant enough that it didn't sink in the wet further impaling itself, though.

@Jed: (unlocked: pin sea urchin shell) It wasn't very big, only about a third the size of the slime, but the slime did realize what the pokey parts were, and how to make them itself if it had the mass and wanted to. In the wet above the slime, the wet compressed and sent force in all sorts of directions, but mostly down. New flavors appeared, mostly inorganic or corroded organic- either way useless to the slime. But there were hints of other flavors that the slime had no possible way to understand- yet.

@Aster: It moved. The furry thing with the hard pokey thing moved, but only when the slime poked it. It was easy to move; it barely weighed anything. But there was something else- something... shiny. Smooth. There was even a shiny-smooth dangly bit with little bubbles on it attached to one end.

@Zeditha: The creature made a low, rumbly sound and made the fur on its back stand on end, and the creature looked bigger than it was before. It moved its mouth, and it showed off a mouthful of glistening white fangs. The creature's face even seemed to change, like its eyes got more aggressive, and it changed its stance. Why did it do that? All the slime did was approach.

Crell sits there on the poking thing for quite a while before he starts to move again. Slowly drawing off the pokey and feeling himself shiver as he does he rolls off into more of the silty inorganic and moves against it slowly, the happiness he is feeling still saturating his body. Tendrils coming from his body it reaches back and tries to grab the pokey thing to pull it after him as he moves against the silty. The back and forth keeping Crell from moving much it eventually stops and pulls the pokey up and tries to absorb it into himself as well as more of the happy from inside it, its tiny spines shivering and tapping against the pokey.

Zeditha decided not to care. If she knew how to shrug and what it meant, she would have shrugged as she continued towards the other thing. She admired its teeth, and wondered if she should absorb it. She decided she probably would, but only after it had helped her catch the annoying hole-thing, if it could.

((OOC: Thanks for the information, Viriin. I hope my slime gets to encounter that hunter's lodge soon!))

Feeling reassured that the furry-hard thing wasn't suddenly going to do something to hurt the slime, Aster promptly began to absorb the furry-hard thing's furry part. As it did so, the slime was very surprised by the taste of what it was eating. It was definitely organic, but cold and dry, and something just felt . . . off about it in a way the slime couldn't pin down. Still, it wasn't causing Aster any discomfort, so the slime figured that it might as well just keep on eating it.

As Aster drew more of the furry-hard thing into itself, the dangly shiny bubbles at its other end moved with a soft clink. The slime was drawn to the glint that the hard end of the furry thing made as it moved, twisting its front end around so that its eyes could get a better look at the bubbles. Maybe it shouldn't eat that part of the furry-hard thing? But the slime had already started to absorb the blunt bit of the hard part of the furry thing into it, and even though it could tell that the uncomfortably cold hard bit was definitely not organic, it was already far enough inside Aster that the slime couldn't figure out how to get it back out again. As a result, Aster had no choice but to slowly absorb all of the smooth shiny dangly bubbles into itself. Even after all of the hard material was inside the slime, however, Aster didn't seem to have much luck absorbing it, even though its corresponding furry half was pretty much gone now. Since the dangly hard thing felt uncomfortable inside the slime, Aster started to worry, since it didn't know how to get it out from inside itself. Not seeing any other options at the moment, the slime concentrated all of its attention on the now-completely-hard thing.

Edited by Avialae

@Zeditha: The creature turned quickly and jumped over the nearby leafy organic, disappearing quickly. Memories within the slime, from where it didn't know- told it that it had seemed it was ready to fight, but then didn't. Creatures like that one didn't fight alone. Would it be back? Would there be more? That's where the slime got those thoughts- it found them in the flimsy-skinned inorganic filled with dead creatures.

@Aster: (unlocked: rabbit hind legs, rabbit whiskers) The hard thing started turning a different color. No, it was the ground the slime was on. It was both? More than that. Everything was starting to turn that color! It was the color that the hard thing with the shiny end was. The hard, smooth, shiny inorganic thing... inorganic? Why was an inorganic thing stuck on something obviously organic? Well, it wasn't going anywhere. Maybe the slime could do something with it later.

@Crell: The slime wasn't able to travel any further in the salty wet, not even in the silt. That was okay, everything was okay. Felt great to be enclosed again. Felt great to be enclosed again? The happiness and comfort started to wear off, and the slime started to feel... well, like it did before. Before it felt so good. But it also realized it was enclosed again, and didn't have a strange chemical coursing inside it to force it to enjoy that truth.

((*runs in* I'M HERE!))

Jed recoiled away slightly at the sudden presence of the useless inorganics and corroded organics. But there was something enticing beneath them, and he reached out to pull in whatever it was. His quest took him down to the floor of the ocean, where he started to absorb the unknown organic.

Edited by polaristar

Aster was displeased to realize that it had accidentally brought something inorganic inside of its body, but it was beginning to become accustomed to the feeling of the hard bits inside of it, so the slime wasn't as upset as it could have been. And although it was very, very slow, Aster thought it could start to feel the hard thing start to change shape as it concentrated on trying to absorb it, so hopefully it would eventually dissolve completely into the slime's body. Maybe. In any case, nothing seemed to be bothering it for now, so there wasn't any harm in trying.

As it continued trying to dissolve the hard inorganic bit, Aster slowly started to squirm forward, wanting to put some distance between itself and the place where it had found the inorganic bit. The slime's tube-shaped body couldn't move very quickly, though, and Aster once again returned to the thought of finding a better way to move around. The slime had managed to find a group of things to absorb that were clustered fairly close together so it hadn't been an issue before, but now that it was having to travel a greater distance again it started to feel dissatisfaction with the shape of its body.

Slowly coming back to himself and realizing that he is one again trapped in a place he is unsure he can get out of Crell starts to move around more. Digging at the silt below and pushing against the hard things around him he starts hitting it harder and harder as he gets more angry and desperate. Pulling back and trying to hit the things holding him where he is harder he just rolls slowly and he can feel the anger at this slowness. Rolling back slowly he starts wiggling and rolling around where he is as his body shrinks a little and a piece of his memory forms behind him. Wiggling now he shoots forward and slams into the side of whatever is ahead hard enough to hurt but he doesn't stop. the flatter area made behind him making him move fast and hard.

[OOC He made a piranha backfin]

OOC @ Polaristar: I'd like to ask you to do an edit- please take out the 'after that was finished' and after it. Go ahead and find another thingy, but don't finish the meal or choose the next thing right now- I've got some plans I'm working on for your character. I'll go ahead and update you after that smile.gif

@Crell: The slime had a new feeling coming over it. That feeling from the liquid it got- it needed it. IT HAD TO HAVE IT. RIGHT NOW! The slime's thrashing became more frantic, it got into such a frenzy that it no longer had control over itself, nor was it aware of its own surroundings or behavior. It didn't know how much time went by...

It eventually became aware of its surroundings again, which were totally different than they were earlier. The pokey thing was gone, the walled area it was in was gone, the need for the liquid was gone too- and the slime also realized there was a lump inside itself that it hadn't made intentionally. The slime could tell it was part of itself, though. It also... wasn't hungry. What had it absorbed to cure its hunger? Maybe it would find out somehow...

@Aster: From where it was, the slime was now able to see under the unmoving organic it got the different wiggly from. It was a bit far, but there was a... there were a lot of things all on top of each other. Some organic, some inorganic, some shiny, some dirty, all sorts of things. Along the way towards it, if the slime went that way, there was also quite a bit of another organic.

Zeditha wasn't happy that her meal had run away. However, she started to eat the leaves that were around instead - brown things! Yay! She felt proud at remembering her word.

Aster became very excited upon noticing the pile. So many organics! Even from a distance, the heap of things looked quite large, certainly much bigger than the slime. If Aster went to it, it could eat as much as its heart desired (well, if the slime had a heart) even if not everything there was organic. The slime eagerly started squirming towards the pile, its body passing under the other organic as it did so. The slime absorbed the organics that it was passing over as it traveled towards the giant heap of food so as not to be wasteful, but it didn't go out of its way to get more. It could remember eating something similar not so long ago - well, maybe not so similar in structure, but definitely tasting similar, and with the same color too - and neither of them had the best taste. Aster would much rather try the things in the giant pile up ahead of it than absorb this stuff.

Getting to the bounty of organic was taking an irritatingly long time, though. It was far enough away that it was difficult for Aster's tubelike body, not really meant for moving in the first place, to cross the distance. The slime really wanted to be able to move faster now, but it was dimly aware that growing something in order to do so would only delay it further, so it held off on doing so. After it had eaten its fill, though, it was definitely going to make some moving parts.

Finally reaching the heap o' bounty, Aster greedily curled around the nearest part of it that was organic and started to bring the thing into itself, where the organic started to be digested along with the inorganic bits that the slime was still working on getting rid of.

Floating through the wet around it and not missing the frenzied need for the happy liquid before Crell twitches and surprises himself when he shoots forward a bit before settling back down and landing in the silt. Trying to wiggle in another way he spins where he is and again settles down after a few second. Stopping and feeling his body he finds the new part of his outside body that seems to be making him more around randomly depending on how he wiggles. Only able to feel how it is he wiggles a few different ways making him seem to thrash and jump around before one of his movements makes him slam into something hard and stun him for a second as he falls back down again.

((Hello! You have a good advertiser! I would like to join this. It seems like a really cool concept, and seems like a great Way to practice writing. If the RP owner could PM me a character sheet template, that would be very good.))