Viirin

Azure Wyrm

Encouraged by the sweet, Jerarde inched closer, hoping to absorb some. As Jerarde oozed around the sweet, it eagerly began digesting it as fast as it could to sate its hunger.

((I hope what I'm going after is a worm...))

Although full Sammy couldn't help but be excited over the prospect of another organic and enveloped the the flimsy thing. It slowly consumed it noting the strong taste. Sammy pulled itself along the ground along the dusty floor. The cold air was strange. It slid along searching around for more organics.

Zeditha blinked in relief, pretty much the only thing she could do. She waited until she could move, and then spread her wings and flapped them, becoming the right way up for the legs that were forming.

Stiffening and feeling the large thing moving and moving other large things Crell moves forward, his body tightening and wiggling as he slides over the sharply cold and his body tries to ripple away from them. Forcing himself forward and over them he drops on the organics and lifts his body off the coldness as he stays on top of the organic and tries to get at it, his body contorting even more and the extras on his body shrink as spikes slide out of his body again.

Edited by Booksv2

The colored painfulness spurted out again as the slime tried desperately to stop it. Things were starting to take on the colored painfuls as this happened, worming their ways down the incline on the pile as well. The colored flames? Were they flames? Something told Avisk they were, yet he had no idea what that meant. They crawled their own directions and made paths different places. But suddenly the flames stopped pouring from the slime. The sudden lack of pain shocked it. What was going on?

The spikes between the scales were free now of any remnants of the packrat that had been on it, burned clean. Somehow those stayed in tack too, and were completely able to move as they had before. It checked, the scales were still able to change and also glow. But the slime also noticed now that the spikes occasionally spurted different colored flames in small tufts. If it concentrated, the flames could come from all the spikes and in larger quantities.

Some of the flames even spurted from the mouth gap, but in a bigger burst. But the slime had more problems to deal with, as the ground was on fire still and the pile was starting to collapse. Avisk had forgotten about that fire with the discovery of the new ability, which now worried the poor creature. How was it going to get down? Flames were everywhere!!!

((OOC: A Teamspeak thing sound cool, I'd have to see if I could get my mircophone to work with that, though…))

Viathen wanted to find out more about the interesting contents of the flat/round/square thing, but its facefin couldn't tell it as much as it had hoped. It tried pushing the rest of its body through the hole. The hole was tiny and there was no way that was going to work. Viathen tried pushing itself upwards on the flat surface. Maybe there was some sort of opening at the top? It tried relentlessly to climb the wall, and eventually it stuck. Feet! Four small, suckery feet had grown behind its fins! Climbing the surface was much easier with the feet. But now Viathen's hunger had grown much worse. It carefully climbed the surface to see if it could find a way to the organics inside.

((And I'm back, Do not aspect me to keep up the whole time because of school work and another Rp called DvH. I would not Mind a teamspeak server, but there something out there called raidcall that is free to host servers with i think.))

The slime slid from the bag. It pushed it way though the damp part of the bag heading for the organic it could smell. It made very slow movement towards it prey or thing. when it was close enough it stricked at it prey trying to wrap around it.

((That the best i got, Sorry it took so long to get this to you but like i said school work (2 and a half hours for a single assignment.)))

Edited by draco8967

OOC @ Zeditha: I don't remember you growing wings, but I'll give you it. You really did eat a ridiculous amount of food lately from that bag.

@draco8967: You don't actually have blue pigment yet, and it isn't a corpse you found smile.gif You're in a grocery bag, and the damp part is just a wet part because of some sort of stain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Jerarde: (unlocked: yellow pigment, gelatin) It was a strange kind of sweet. It barely tasted, or felt organic... but the slime somehow knew it was. It.. was... soft? No. Bouncy? Yes. It was bouncy. It was easy to absorb into itself, but it seemed to want to get its own shape back after being pulled into the slime, but it only did that if the slime pushed on it. It was also... no, it only felt like it was wet. But it was actually dry and hard? And bouncy? The slime had no idea what this stuff was that it had consumed, but it did start to make its hunger go away. Not by much, but it was something. Was anything else nearby that was organic?

@Sammy: (unlocked: worm stretch) It was small, and didn't help the slime very much. But it wasn't hungry, so it didn't really matter... But the creature wasn't alone. There were more of them, though they... were they the same? They were coiled, and hard, and crisp? Also they were stuck to something organic and very dense. Dense, with little parts that were very pointy and kind of hurt to touch...

@Crell: The nearest organic apparently had a hole in it! And it wasn't as cold as the other stuff was. It was soft and fluffy, but the hole wasn't very deep. What was this new organic? Something within the slime's memories from the thing whose eye it had copied knew. It was something worth attacking the large creatures in order to claim. That's what the creature had done repeatedly, though the slime wasn't anywhere near as nimble or able to escape as the creature was.

@Zeditha: (unlocked: toffee gland- the sticky kind, toffee- for use as armor if you want, aerosol cheese breath) The slime watched its old foot start to... move. On its own. It started to unform its foot shape, and start to revert back to the shape the slime remembered being before it ever found food. What the heck was going on!? But the slime could move... somewhat. It was clumsy, having wings but only half-formed feet. At least its confusing transformation through its body had stopped... Something caught the slime's attention. The direction where the sound had come from started looking brighter. Puffy stuff was beginning to drift parallel to the slime's direction. The brighter light started... changing? Flickering.

@Viathen: The slime slipped. Slipped? Its feet gave it better grip... Organic. The slime had found a way in! One of the things sticking out of the slime's feet had scratched a hole open in the strange holey thing, and the organics were finally accessible. There were many of them, and they were hard. But organic was organic, and the slime desperately needed to eat after growing such a complex thing. How long had it been growing for? The slime didn't know, but they were there now.

@Avisk: (unlocked: fire breath: pink, green) The flames that came out of the slime were the pretty colors it had just learned it could make, but the ones burning on their own, all over things- that was a different... not one color, but a set of colors. Those the slime couldn't make. Something else... a lot of the stuff that was burning had puffy coming off of it. White, mostly... but a few places had thick, scary-looking black, wispy puffy. Some of it was pretty close to the slime, and it was a clear-skinned... thing. With things in it.

Poking part of his body into the hole of this organic Crell pushes on the soft almost spongy organic on the inside of the hole and easily absorbs some of it. Wiggling happily he moves forward more pushing his body into the hole and absorbing the organic around it under the harder outside until he has a hole big enough to hold himself. Slowing down now he slowly goes back to pulling pieces of the soft organic and holding it in himself as it slowly dissolves into him body. His body shivering the color of it slowly fades in random swirls and turns into the new color he had found, for a second the outside of his body seems to boil on its own before settling down. The sot organic all around him slightly wet as well.

OOC ANNOUNCEMENT

Thanks to draco8967, I got a nice free voice chat set up. I'm using RaidCall, and the group name is Azure Wyrm. Anyone can come into the chat, but the subchannel is for players only. PM me and I'll give you the password for that area if you want.

I would like to join if that is okay.

Name: Atrocitas

Bonus DNA: boomslang (Dispholidus typus)

Starting location: sewer

Description: a small, fist-sized clear slime (everyone starts this way, but it changes probably before the third post)

Equipment: (just a placeholder until you start finding DNA and special abilities, which is likely the second post)

The bouncy stuff was incredibly strange, and tasted... Sharp? Almost painful, but also good. The slime was glad it made the hunger go away when it absorbed it, so the slime kept eating until all the hunger was gone.

Sammy scraped curiously at the dense material, it felt it's claws dig into the dense object and felt small shavings come off. Ignoring it Sammy's curiosity got the better and he slowly began to dissolve the crusty organic materials as well as the large dense material they were all connected to.

OOC @ Ravencrime: Wow, only two posts so far and one of the was a request to play? Well, I most certainly accept your application.

-------------------------------------- Intro story for Atrocitas --------------------------------------------

The slime sat motionless, inert, not yet alive, inside its canister. It had been stolen and dropped by accident (if you can consider drunken fumbling accidental) into the street gutter, but it didn't break due to the nature of the exact refuse piled up and stuck there. It slid down into the sewer system itself, and landed on a large pile of old, mildewy leaves that had not been cleared away.

It sat there for a day or two until a fist-size rock was flung backwards due to a passing vehicle driving over it. The rock bounced and fell down the sewer entrance, and landed directly in the middle of the 45 degree angled glass canister, cracking it open.

----------------------------------------- In Character ------------------------------------------------------

@Atrocitas: Awake. The slime had awoken, brought to life with the touch of air. The air near it moved, and brought with it the promise of organics. Where it was, it didn't taste any organic. Only inorganic. Smooth, cylindrical... except for the jagged sharp part in front of the slime where it felt the air coming from.

@Crell: The slime's contentedness didn't last long. It couldn't see out of the hole in the organic, but it felt itself be lifted up, and the outsides of the organic somewhat got pressed inwards. The organic turned. It... couldn't have done it on its own.... The slime was still within the hole of the organic, but now one of the large creatures had lifted up the slime's hideout and was looking right at it! It opened its gap (was it going to eat the slime!?) but then it made the organic and the slime go up quickly, and the slime barely saw that the creature's limbs were pointed up. The slime spun and went backwards, the organic slamming into a tall thing, bouncing off of it, and spinning the opposite direction as it saw itself falling far from the... thing it was on, and back into the wet. At least the sticky black stuff wasn't below where the slime could tell it would soon be.

@Jerarde: Something sparked the slime to move. Whatever it was, it was appreciated... to a point. An organic was located! It... seemed fresh? The other organic stuff that it was stuck in, however, did NOT taste fresh. It tasted horrible. But it was also organic. The whole amount of organic- good and bad- were both wet with something.

@Sammy: (unlocked: worm, pine) The organic wasn't as... it came apart easier than the slime had initially thought it would, like little sharp and broken pieces when it pulled on its edges. In absorbing so many pieces of the hard organic, the slime noticed that something below it felt very wet and soft. But it wasn't organic. Getting back to what it was doing, the slime felt something... move. It only moved once, though. Something had fallen out of the insides of the hard organic, revealing small holes. Whatever the things were that moved from inside, they were organic as well, but tasted completely different.

Edited by Viirin

Crell wiggles and rolls around on himself as he is lifted up. His eye passing by the hole for a second he gets a glimpse of what it is before he hits something and wet comes rushing through the hole. Making the soft organic all around him wet itself and start to come apart quickly. Making an angry sound and reaching out with his body tentacles come out and grab onto the organic as it starts to come apart. pulling it into himself quickly he makes another small cry as it is not as fast as the wet was getting rid of it. Making another small movement trying to get as much as he can his tentacles whip out and around tearing up the soft now wet organic and his tentacles seem to grow a almost fuzz around themselves gathering and then pulling it into his tentacles which bring it to his body.

Edited by Booksv2

Atrocitas sensed a disturbance, no, a change. The feeling of motion passing over itself, a sense of being 'aware' that there was this thing known as motion passing over it. With delicacy and a very purposeful slowness, the slime extends itself towards this change, reaching for that which is unknown and unknowable. Pain! The slime does not know this sensation, but it is something that cannot be liked. It is unpleasant. What is it? The slime reaches around this pain. It feels solid and inorganic, but in certain places, the inorganic substance has spaces. The slime senses nothing beyond these spaces. The spaces are lined by that which causes pain, which is the inorganic substance it does not wish to react with. The slime creeps itself forward through the spaces until it touches something most certainly organic. There are crevices in it, minute and subtle, but there all the same. The slime attempts to devour the organic material, either to get it out of the way or merely to give itself sustenance, it does not have the capacity to care. It just 'wants' this obstruction removed, and so it attempts to absorb it.

Jerarde inches towards the fresh organic, hoping to absorb some of it. As it approaches, the slime notices that the fresh organic has an odd texture and feels tough yet flexible. Curious, Jerarde attempts to digest the majority of the tough fresh organic.

Afterwards, Jerarde feels something strange happening. A hard yet flexible rod-shaped object begins to appear inside him. Somehow Jerarde likes this, and doesn't attempt to remove the hard flexible rod from inside him, as it feels like it belongs.

((I thought I'd grown wings about when I saw the 'floppy thing', just before the bag. Wings along with the feet. Not really used them till now, though.

So... Is a second slime forming there? Do I control that? Does it have a separate name? It has the same unlocks as Zeditha, right?))

Zeditha was curious to see her foot become slime, and briefly wondered whether to try and eat it, but her attentiion was stolen by the bright puffy flickering. She diverted her full attention to forming the legs, deciding that she wiukd check it out as soon as they were formed. After all, they had made the thing they were from move really fast, so they should be able to make her get there quickly too. In the meantime, she continued shuffling around with her wings, moving a little bit towards the sound and the puffy flickering light. She quickly forgot all about the strange foot.

((If the foot gets its own name, I will name it Fussela. (Fuss - spelt with an ess-set instead of ss - means 'foot' in German. xd.png) Seems like a good name.))

OOC @ Zeditha: Yes, a new slime is forming. No, you don't control it. Yes, it has all your same unlocks. However, if it gets away and does its own thing, then it might find unlocks you don't have (like any other slime). I didn't name it yet. Waiting to see what you do before I bother. Also, I guess you do have wings, then smile.gif Since you're letting it go, mind if I use your name for it as an NPC?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Crell: (unlocked: wheat, the inside part of an orange that's segmented) Not... much of the organic was able to be gathered, but now the slime was in the wet and it wasn't able to get the other things it had seen. But at least it didn't have to worry about the large creatures attacking it or anything else. Right? The slime could still see them, and they were doing things again. Things that the slime didn't understand. The wet moved fiercely, and the slime started to go up. It couldn't help it! The whole wet seemed to lift itself out of itself, and then slam down into itself again. The slime felt another surge of up coming... it saw a good distance, and saw that this was a normal thing. It wasn't going to stop. Ever.

@Jerarde: (unlocked: goldfish) Growing the thing inside itself made the slime hungry, and the organic that tasted good that it had found wasn't enough to satiate it. The slime needed more organic! Luckily, that's what was touching the slime. It wasn't fresh, not even a little, but it was at least organic. That wasn't the only thing, though. The slime felt a... hard, but soft, scrape along one of its sides. Something else organic? It tasted organic. This new scratchy organic felt like it was full of holes, though.

@Atrocitas: (unlocked: maple tree) The slime absorbed the organic it found easily, dissolving it within itself nearly as quickly. As it continued consuming material, it came across something different. It felt... slimy. Slippery. It didn't know what the thing was, nor had any ability to pull a reference since it didn't have any yet. But it wasn't the same as what it already found. There were other small things the slime was finding now too... some were tiny organic spheres, and some was... the slime couldn't describe it. But it wasn't organic.

@Zeditha: The slime was hungry now- and it hadn't been anywhere near this hungry in quite a long time. But it was now. The flickering puffy with light, whatever it was, beckoned the slime forth, though... There had to be something organic there. How could there not be? Some of the puffy got on the slime, but it wasn't the light-colored kind. It was the other kind, that was dark and wispy. Not soft-looking. The feeling the slime got from it once it was touched was not good! There was something very wrong coming from that direction. But the slime's instincts kicked in. It was programmed to seek out things like this.

Edited by Viirin

Jerarde decided to try absorbing some of the not-fresh organic to get rid of the hunger, and also to investigate the scratchy organic that was full of holes.

((Not much I can do with that except what I did. By the way, Jerarde has primitive eyes, I THINK.))

(( OCC: I had been trying to describe the rock stuck in the glass of the canister, cause Atrocitas hadn't left yet, but hey! Maple tree! I shall endeavor to describe things better.))

Atrocitas extended itself over both these strange sensations. One felt disturbingly close to itself: a slime. But this slime or substance was not itself. Then there were the spheres. The spheres brought on more senses of 'confusion'. Atrocitas could not determine wether it was compelled enough to absorb these. That which it had absorbed earlier had been strange and oddly settling, but these spheres could perhaps contribute to itself in some way. So without much thought or desire, it moved to the spheres. Slipping over a few of them, Atrocitas chose one that had a strangely distorted texture to it. With some speed, Atrocitas absorbed this sphere into itself.

Viathen wildly tried to absorb as many of the organics as possible. They tasted awful, but the slime's hunger began to subside as it absorbed more and more. Viathen could vaguely see a few escape through the hole it had made to get in, but it managed to catch enough to make the hunger less noticeable. Viathen wormed its way out of the container and flopped down. Exploring was hard work.

Zeditha had no choice. Her instincts urged her onwards, and so she finished off forming her legs and ran towards the strange thing. She thought that if she moved fast enough, then perhaps she would reach something organic sooner and get rid of the horrible hunger.

((Sure, use Fussela xd.png I would love to see that. I basically just called it 'footie' in German,which I think is rather funny smile.gif))

Looking around and seeing that these up and downs are never going to stop he starts pushing down under the wet. Dropping through the wet and feeling his body shiver slightly as he does Crell can feel the wet around him still moving tossing him around. Pushing through the wet as best he can the tentacles move around trying to push him deeper and deeper. little mouths opening all over his body connecting to a newly formed belly inside him. Gnashing at the wet as the multiple teeth move around inside the mouths.

((Is that better Viirin. I re-write the post before.))

Edited by draco8967