Viirin

Azure Wyrm

Viathen attempted to move off of the uncomfortable spot, irked that it didn't seem to be able to get a moment's rest. It tentatively touched the uncomforable area with its face fins. The slime jerked them back quickly, as the place seemed to only be becoming more and more uncomfortable. Viathen crawled away from the place. It was beginning to think that organics were everywhere, just dangerous, or under something, or impossible to get. It was all very frustrating to the slime, which knew very little.

OOC @ Avialae: I'm waiting to update until Zeditha and Dragonhatchling do their updates.

I think your post is fine, but I think I'll respond to your Magistream PM again here. I'm gonna mess with your post slightly once I can do an update, hopefully it makes sense why I'm doing it and stuff. Until I can update, I think I'll go play a few more hours of XCOM. I've been catching a lot of aliens lately and their abilities are inspiring me.

Same thing with Shadowgrounds. Thanks Steam, for having a bunch of stuff on sale!

Avisk was freaking out to say the least. It'd been doing that for a while- not that it really noticed. But now that the odd occurrence of the monster-flames were gone, it did notice the instant danger it was in and how badly it hurt. Where the heck was it anyways? Everything was hurting. Everything was on fire. Everything. The tiny flames poking out of its back dissipated, as it realized that wasn't needed. It was gaining more control over that at least.

The slime resisted the temptation to succumb to the pain and heat, knowing that would surely mean its death. It didn't want to die yet. However, given the situation, it wasn't sure at all how it hadn't died already. The monster-flames hadn't killed it, nor had the other slimes. But everything hurt, and that was enough incentive to make itself move to get away.

The slime wasn't moving so great either. The pain coursing through its body was overriding the dexterity it had before, yet, the slime still pushed itself onward. Flames where everywhere. Literally everywhere. Avisk wasn't sure what was up or down or where on the pile it was. Yet, it knew the slimes were around here somewhere. Where, Avisk couldn't tell you right now.

Another sparking puff and a flame erupted from the pile, jostling the section the slime was on before cascading that down the entire thing. Flaming parts flew everywhere in the 'eruption' and the slime got caught in every bit of it. The insides of this weren't on fire however, and snuffed out any smaller sections on the slime itself that were on fire.

A rolling sensation occurred, dizzying the creature inside the burning ball-shape that resulted from the breaking of the pile. That ball started to break toward the end of the burning heap, momentum flinging the slime down the rest of the hill in its own unwilling ball-shape as it rolled.

The slime slammed into something, but it had no idea what. It was too dizzy to see and far too confused and hurt to really do anything about it. Hopefully whatever it slammed into would not kill it. Avisk never wanted any trouble.

((Is there something other than Facebook you could use for pictures, Viirin? Sorry to be bothersome, but if there's a picture I have to look at it before I post, and most of my time on DC is at school where faacebook is blocked. That means it takes a lot longer for me to respond when there's a picture... -.- something that isn't facebook would solve the problem entirely.

I'll update when I get home with an actual RP post.

Ah - my fox. So I assume the fox is dead.))

Zeditha decided to go over to the strange organic and eat it. If it was frozen in position, well, it couldn't move away. She decided to eat it all, and stuffed herself with as much organic as she could.

Once she had eaten as much as she could, the nasty hunger had gone away and she felt a lot better. She started to be worried about the other slime - if it was a slime - and the flickering things though, because the flickerings seemed to be hurting herr from a distance and the other slime might get hurt too. She went towards the flickerings, but it began to hurt too much, so she went away, and looked for the other slime. She couldn't see it, but decided that perhaos making a noise would help. She thought for a moment, and then clacked her beak. She clacked it once. Then twice. Then three times. She kept clacking, increasing the count by one, waiting between each for an answer.

((Could someone have a go at drawing Zeditha? She is feathery except on her bare beak and furry legs, Calico with every colour she has unlocked, and has a peregrine beak, peregrine feathers, peregrine eyes, rabbit ears, a cat tail (I think), and packrat legs. I just want to see my slime... So I know how her body will work and how I can move her. Plus I can visualise what's happening.

Hey, Viirin, do you have a list of our unlocks somewhere? I remember seeing a list of forms, with our unlocks listed as well as things that we grew and stuff. If that disappeared, could we have it back?))

Edited by Zeditha

OOC @ Zeditha: I put a link to the Big File (all character information for all characters on all sites) on the first page of this forum. Look for the big blue letters, there's a link under that.

Also, about Facebook- I am trying to figure out the phpBB boards to create the right amount of accounts and get everyone's stories on there properly- and once I can, then I'll put up the photos on that (maybe I'll figure out a design and just stuff it on my site instead or something).

Haven't eaten today, and wasn't in the mood to right yesterday (too excited, I talked with my City Council and asked if I could turn this town into my personal garden with trees, flowers, bushes, and stuff- and they said yes. So I'm gonna fix the environment here like I did where I used to live.)

Will edit this post for updates later today. Also if anyone has any ideas for plants I can grow, present it to me over Facebook or PM)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Viirin

OOC @ Ravencrime: You didn't need to grow the venom sac- you already had it. You just needed to move it to whatever you were growing to use in delivery.

@Zeditha: I wasn't feeling very well, and also was busy. I slept a LOT this week.

OOC @ Avialae, Books, and Zeditha- I can't get into Magistream. I still have the page up from when I COULD get into it with the story updates partially (or entirely, depending on when you read this) written, but I can't submit it.

-------------------------------------@DrakeOfBones---------------------------------------------------

The police officer continued his patrol along the beach, and saw something far ahead. It took her awhile to get to it, but she wasn't in a rush. When she got close enough, the dwindling but dancing flame illuminated something shiny standing up on one end, near the fire pit.

It wasn't as tall as the stone circle housing the fire, but when the officer picked it up and looked at it, she could see what looked like liquid. That was easier to use to put the fire out than bothering to use her folding shovel to put it out with sand.

It was easier than standing around waiting for it to extinguish itself.

She poured the liquid onto the fire, and it went out, but it wasn't as liquidy as it looked! It formed a sort of.. ball. The ball rolled off one of the logs and onto the ground- which the cop now saw was a box of frosting-covered doughnuts. Maybe it was time for a snack... she left to go to her security shack.

-----------------------------------------In-Game-------------------------------------------------------

@Viathen: There was something inorganic but with an interesting flavor and feel within the mound of strange things. The slime had found a few varied things, but this one was far more different. It was scratchy. Dry. A mass of thin, but interwoven messy strings. There was something else, too. Something... it was a different kind of furry. The scratchy furry, and the organic furry. The organic one was sticking out of the inorganic one, whatever they both were.

@Crell: The wet kept forcing the slime along the path it laid out for it, and nothing the slime did made any difference. It was caught. It could see itself tumbling and going down along the invisible path of wet within wet, because it saw the row of inorganic round things changing. It was passing them. After a short while, the pull felt much weaker and the slime was able to escape it- by allowing itself to drift. The wet pull pulled it down and into a roundish dent in the ground, and there was no pull anymore.

@Zeditha: (unlocked: red fox) Tearing parts off of the dried-out organic thing was difficult at the least, but the slime's determination (and hard mouth-part) made it work. It wasn't able to consume half as much as it wanted to though, as the flickering lights got closer and closer. Within a very short amount of time, the lights made the slime feel too hot to be that close to it anymore.

@Avisk: (unlocked: black pigment) The slime saw something for just a moment- that third slime that... did the other slime, and whatever that other creature was that fell on top of the other slime- did they even see it? It darted away so quickly... but that didn't matter now. The slime wasn't in as much pain as it figured it should be, but it was also incredibly hard to move. A lot of the slime's body- its legs, its underside, some of its top and one of its whole sides- was black. Under the cracked, black look- was much much lighter and painful! It could see its own slime under what used to be color-changing exoscale. The fire kept spreading.

@Aster: The slime's eyes hurt. The puffy from the flickering lights was getting in them- and making the slime confused in what it saw. It closed its eyes and opened them. It could see a little better for a moment. The slime's surface wasn't shiny on its own after all; it was just the lights flickering on it that made it look that way. The slime had shaped its back to be ready for its hardening, but it wasn't able to maintain it. It wasn't able to make the extremely hard part, but it was at least able to make the plant-color it had tried for. The slime had already changed much recently, and didn't have the time to do everything it tried within the space given to it while it also tried to stay away from the hot lights. The other creature- the angry one- it.. turned and darted away. Where did it go? Aster didn't feel as though it was going to give up. Why would it? At least one slime was easily able to be attacked, and isn't that when the slime became more hungry and opportunistic when it saw other creatures in the same position?

@Atrocitas: The slime found inorganic. It found it everywhere it went. Nothing was... found? It found something organic at last, though it took awhile for some reason. Along another one of the inorganic things that went both along the ground and up, it found something else. It tasted... sweet, but... different in some other way, too. But it was squishy and gooey and collapsed as the slime bumped it.

@Truce: Salt. The slime felt tiny bits of saltiness and inorganic and wet dusting its surface the moment it came to life. The slime felt itself begin to spin, having nothing to explore or understand except this taste, this feeling- that and the smooth inorganic that was all around it. But the spinning kept going, and then it felt itself leave the smooth, and feel the air get hot. Hotter. Very hot! Luckily the hot stopped just before it hurt more than it could handle. Inorganic. Then the slime rolled off of it. It felt itself fall. There wasn't anything but delicious, sweet, soft organic all around the slime! Now this was nice.

The slime was surprised by the sudden feeling of the air as it rushed passed him leaving the inorganic tube, until it got hot. Almost hotter than it could bear. Rolling off the hot surface, across rough inorganic surface, it fell, again, this time into something softer. Something he could absorb... an organic that wasn't alive however. The slime absorbed as much as he could, letting the mass and calories fill his body. It took him awhile, as the box was much larger than it, but eventually the slime had absorbed as much as the organic as possible before rolling out of the container and onto a loose, inorganic ground, sticking to it's slightly damp body as it rolled. Still feeling the salty spray against his surface, he rolled in that direction, slowly, so he could digest the high calorie mass in his body.

((Jeez this is harder than I thought... ))

((Woah, Drake, I managed to spend fifteen minutes staring at your avatar. It is... hypnotising.))

Zeditha decided that the flickerings were far too hot. They were nasty!!! They were kind of loud as well - a sort of whispering grumble, a low flickering sound. Appropriate, at least. With that thought, she spread her wings. She looked at them for a second, unsure if this would work, but braced herself and flapped hard, rising above the flickerings. The heat eased off a little, and she could think beyond escaping it now - but saw another slime, two in fact. Or rather, probably-slimes. As much as she wanted to get away, she felt a stronger urge - she couldn't leave the other probably-slimes! They wanted to get away too, and it wasn't fair if she could get away and they didn't! She flew down towards the closest one, and reached out her legs, ready to grab the other probably-slime. She would carry it away from the nasty flickering and then come back for the other probably-slime. As she got closer, the urge to flee came back, stronger this time, but she focused on the probably-slime, clacking her mouth to keep focus.

((Whichever of the slimes on the fire-heap wants to be attacked by a friendly Zeditha, go ahead. She just swooped down and tried to pick someone up. However, she could easily have mistaken a random organic for a probably-slime...))

Sitting in the place the wet inside the wet had places him Crell looks around slowly as he sits in this dent in the wet but outside the moving wet. The bulges on his body biting at anything touching himself he stops them after but a few bites each since he is unsure where he is and what he should be doing. The wet around him bubbling slightly from his skin and a scent still being released into the wet around him with the bubbles.

Avisk attemped to move. It could, but only slightly and that wasn't going to be helpful with the fire spreading. The broken blackened parts hurt underneath and slime oozed in places. That wasn't good. Not at all. Another puff and fire spurt right near it, sending heat at the slime again. It was going to die wasn't it? Was that what that was? Death? Pain and heat?

But something suddenly picked it up, ruining the thoughts. A chanced glance showed one of the other slimes carrying it as the flames and ground started to go away. What was going on? The spikes were pinned to its side, preventing attack even if it had wanted to.

Avisk glowed a little, confused, and some of the oozing slime glowed too which got onto the other slime. The clacking it was making vibrated with the cracked parts of the slime and calmed it a little. Only slightly. In an attempt to ask what was going on, the slime responded with a slight vibration of its own, using the broken parts as a clacking noise too as the un-blacked scales changed color with a slight glowing pulse. That would at least get its attention right? Maybe not. But something about this carrying away didn't frighten the slime. Maybe it was because it was so messed up and worn out from all that had suddenly happened to it.

Aster wasn't really that disappointed that it hadn't been make itself as hard as it had planned. It was harder than it had been, and that was enough for it right now. It stared at the place where the big creature had used to be, before it had left. Aster was sure that it would be back later - after all, it had claimed this place for its own. For now, the slime should concentrate on eating and growing so that it would be able to defeat the big creature when it reappeared, and not just survive an attack. And . . . probably leave this place as well. The orange lights had grown so big and hot that staying any longer would probably put be dangerous to the slime.

It was turning to leave when it spotted the slime from before prone one the ground. Its color had changed again to, black, and it definitely seemed unwell. It wasn't moving at all, even with the orange lights advancing on them. Aster stood next to the other slime stared at the other slime for a long moment, an odd feeling beginning to surface inside it that it didn't understand once again. Something was telling it to . . . put the other slime on its back as it got away from the flames? Why? How would that help Aster? The slime didn't really understand the concept of helping others yet, but an instinct from something it had eaten was surfacing, influencing its actions.

Suddenly Aster heard a loud noise and felt wind being pushed down on it. It looked up and saw the other large perhaps-slime from before, the one who had been eating from the pile. Something inside the slime panicked and told it to run, and, abandoning all thoughts of the smaller slime, bolted back into the tall organics. The slime hadn't had any reason to actually run yet, but apparently the organic it had copied its legs from could be quite fast, for Aster had passed several rows of the tall organics in no time at all. Finally reassured that it was safe, it stopped and looked around, trying to make out something visible, since the shade from the tall organics blocked out most of the light from the pile, and Aster's glow didn't travel very far.

Zeditha was pleased that picking up the other slime had worked. She was sure it was a slime now, because some of it glowed and got on her. It was a strange kind of organic, similar to when she had eaten her first legs. She heard a clacking coming from it, and looked down. The slime seemed confused, so Zeditha clacked again, in short bursts - facing the flickerings' pile, then a general clacking at everything, and finally some clacking as she flew away. They had been on the pile, but it had been nasty (she wasn't sure what to do there) and now they were going away.

She was rather surprised at how easy she found using her wings. She also found it amazing that even though she was far away, she could still easily pick out details, such as another of the probably-slimes running away. Good. None of the slimes were in the pie now.

OOC Writing updates! had to take a break for awhile and get some inspiration and stuff. Will edit this post with the updates below, as usual.

@Dragonhatchling, Avialae, Zeditha: Who rescued Avisk? It sounds like both Zeditha and Aster did. Also, what animal's ability to hear do you have? I'll update the Big File. Actually, Dragon can do it too if she wants.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Crell: Nothing. The scent the slime was releasing wasn't making anything appear; but it did give the slime something else. Information- it could tell based on where the scents were going within the wet where the wet was moving quickly, and slowly. It could let its emissions guide it. It was mostly going down and up, back and forth- but also following it a short distance- the slime could see (though not very well) that the wall or inorganic it had gone along kept going, but then stopped. The scents were going that way. It looked.. expansive. But it also could see where the wet was periodically... something. Something up and at the edge where the inorganic was. The slime could probably reach it.

@Truce: (unlocked: red pigment, yellow pigment, maple pigment, green pigment, chocolate, wheat, chicken's beak) As the slime continued sluggishly slurping itself along the ground, it found something organic. It was... it wasn't soft. It was... well, it wasn't hard, either. Smooth. Not very big. There was a harder, much much smaller part sticking out of it, but feeling it a little more, it felt like it was kind of loose. There was a straight shape that dug into the round part, and inside, it tasted sweet. Not sweet like the things it just absorbed, but less so. Different. Slightly bitter. Very juicy!

Edited by Viirin

Following the scent he lets out Crell tries climbing the wet towards the thing being held in the inorganic. Trying to move with the wet so it will pull him up higher towards it. His mouths gnashing he makes them close as they pull in more of the wet and make his insides hurt slightly.

OOC: Viirin - Zeditha did. Aster felt the instinct to (from the fire ant) but Zeditha picked Avisk up before Aster could fully understand the concept. Then Aster instinctively reacted to Zeditha as if the other slime were an airborne predator and ran off into the forest a little ways before calming down (but she's still near the other two slimes, though).

OOC @ Avialae: Cool. Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back to the RP, I really meant to do it earlier. But I found a mod for Skyrim that let me tame, level, and breed any animal I wanted, and I found more spider species than I thought... and found the alchemy spider imbuing machine...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Aster: Finally stopping and getting a good understanding of where it had gone and where it now was- the slime could still see orange in the distance. The flickers were still there. It even seemed to be coming closer, though not very quickly. The other slime was in another creature's grip- that other thing that had fallen on top of it. Slime? Anyway, they were overhead now, and surprisingly close to where Aster had randomly run to. Over to the side, up. There was a clearing of sorts here, not necessarily the best place to stop, but it had done that. The slime couldn't see the other slimes... if that's what they were, very well. The orange flickers had made it very easy to see, but it wasn't safe enough to use that light to see. It could make out a dark shape that was darker than the other surrounding dark, though, so that must be them.

@Zeditha: Looking nearly straight down, away from any sort of foliage, whether tall or short, was the other... slime? that the slime had fallen on top of. The slime couldn't tell what it was doing, but it didn't seem to be running anymore. The lights from the heat wasn't here, but there wasn't light from the up either, and the slime wasn't adapted to seeing in the dark. It could make out the other slime's general size, shape, and location- but that was about it. The one in its clutches didn't seem to be doing anything. The third other creature- the third other slime, if that's what it was- was no where to be seen.

@Avisk: (unlocked: magic mushroom) The slime was able to see the ground, the flames spreading and starting to jump to the nearby tall organics- the orange flames jumping up and onto the foliage. It initially didn't catch very quickly, but enough nearby heat and dancing fire caused it to burn eventually. Nearly everything was either burning or starting to burn. It also came to the realization that the flames that the slime saw grow fangs and faces and do other similar things... couldn't have actually happened. The slime could make fire. Fire didn't do that. It remained in the flying creature's clutches, continuing along.

@Crell: The slime could see that above it, beyond the inorganic barrier, there was a stream of the black sticky stuff. At least that's what it looked like. But the slime also knew it was organic at least. How did the slime... no. On the bottom of the wet, where the ground was, the slime could see some strange things sticking out of the ground. It couldn't tell at this distance whether or not it was organic or not, though.

The organic didn't seem dangerous, however, Viathen had learned that things weren't always what they seemed. It strained to see the details of the organic and the inorganic that contained it. The slime's flat eyes could only make out blobs of color, but its facefins could detect the strange texture of the things. It cautiously poked its facefin closer to the organic. It recognized the texture as similar to the kind that puffed through breaks in its makeshift armor. The organic was fluffy! Viathen rubbed the rest of what might be described as its head against the fluffy organic. It was one of the first pleasant experiences the slime had had, as it didn't involve pain or being hungry.

@Virrin: Avisk can't necessarily hear... the broken pieces of the exoskeleton they have on their underside can vibrate more easily due to being broken, so slight noises like the clacking can be felt a lot easier than they used to feel vibrations back in the tunnel. And as a response, they vibrated those broken pieces back along with a glow and color change to attempt communication.

Avisk allowed itself to be carried by the other slime, unsure what to do at all. It couldn't move without possibly hurting its ride, which would hurt them both. The flying slime was indeed slime, and possibly a friend from the actions. It hadn't actually hurt the slime and had helped carried it away from the fires.

The partially broken creature wondered why the flames had done that. Something clicked and told the slime it was the mushrooms, and the slime wondered if it now had that ability to conjure weird attacking flames against other possible threats. That would be very useful if it could use the fire spurting from its back when it was threatened to attack other creatures. The thought continued in the slime's mind as it was carried along still. But a thought struck Avisk. What about the other slime? The other slime had wanted the pile before, which was now on fire. Was it still mad? Was it even alive anymore??

Truce wobbled to a stop over the organic matter, it's sleek surface rubbing against it's slimy skin. It paused a moment before enveloping it, like a white blood cell on a germ. The sleek skin was thin, and gave way to a much softer, veiny flesh as the slime started to eat away at it. Truce continued rolling it's way towards the flecks of water peppering it's not quite so fleshy flesh. It could feel it's body picking through parts of it's last meal, rippling through the slime's body as it unlocked it's potential slowly. Rolling through the loose, inorganic crystals was tough, they stuck to his body as he pushed through, softly poking him on all sides. The inorganic crested in front of him, a nigh infinite hill in front of him. Before long, the ground firmed, water filling it's cracks into an almost coherent surface. A liquid flushed over Truce, pushing it back slightly before pulling the slime in the other way. Suddenly Truce felt nearly weightless, cool liquid all around it. The current swept it this way and that before it finally he settled on the loose floor of inorganic mush.

Zeditha thought that she needed better eyes, but didn't know how to make any. The slime she was holding had vibrated - perhaps that was how to communicate?

As she thought of communication, she heard a faint noise from near the running maybe-slime. That was it! Noise was how to communicate! She thought of how to make sound. Clacking? No, that wasn't right. How about... She began forming something, that was inside, but she lost focus on flapping and fell a bit before readjusting and continuing to fly. She woukd have to land, so she flapped slowly and drifted towards the other maybe-slime below.

((Finally growing lungs. No idea how she'll form words though xd.png))

@Serket: The slime found two flavors. Up against the side of the inside of the circle, it felt dry, and tasted rather bland. But it was soft... to a point. But also brittle. Easy to break apart. Below it on the ground was a different flavor and feel. It was hard, but had a flavor so different that the slime couldn't describe it to itself. Used? The slime, lacking much of any life experience to draw references from, left it at that for now.

((OOC: I cannot believe I forgot about this RP... so sorry!))

~

The slime moved on from the flavor of used-ness and continued to investigate the inside of the circle, deeper and past the brittleness. It searched for the taste of good organic matter, something that tasted like the sharpness it had encountered previously. Sharpness and smoothness were so far the best references it could use to describe the flavors around the slime. There was no sharpness in the circle, not yet. But there was softness, of a sort. Perhaps deeper? The flavor of used-ness was prevalent here. The slime followed it. The taste was dull, but it was there. The slime pushed farther into the circle.

Aster looked up at the bigger perhaps-slime carrying the smaller slime in midair. There was something about seeing the larger creature suspended in the sky, with nothing to hold it up besides itself . . . but it wasn't important right now. Aster didn't feel the surge of terror and the instinct to run off like it had the last time it had seen the larger perhaps-slime, but seeing how it was holding the smaller slime beneath it wasn't reassuring to the smaller free slime. If the larger perhaps-slime wanted to do something to the other slime, it was in the perfect position to do so, and the other slime couldn't do much about it, at least that Aster could see. But then, why should it care what happened to the other slime? Aster's sudden desire to stop the other slime from being consumed confused it, but it couldn't bring itself to abandon the other slime completely. As the larger perhaps-slime slowly descended to the ground, Aster backed up slightly, not wanting to be too close to the larger, more threatening animal, but did not feel the urge to run again, perhaps because the larger creature was taking its time this time. In the back of its mind, Aster wondered where the fourth animal was, and if it was anywhere nearby. It couldn't tell, and that bothered it.

Atrocitas absorbed the sweet stuff quickly. Working to generate the venom sac had made him feel the need to absorb more than before. Making quick work of the sweet stuff, the slime limply crawled along, searching for more things to absorb to replenish its energy and satisfy the craving to absorb.

Torn for a second between the known organic and the unknown Crell wiggles around in the wet before dropping through it again towards the new thing. He had a feeling that he had had the thing above him before and the curiosity he is feeling was enough to make him forget about it as he drops towards the thing on the floor under the wet focusing more on it.