626lavaheart

ANSWERED:No Raffles

ya I don't like the idea of releasing them. It cheapens the win for those who beat the odds and got one.

edit: also I feel like this situation is similar to getting cut...

what's going on now: Getting a large gushing gash every year during an emotional season, a cut that doesn't heal by the time the holiday season rolls around.

what I'm suggesting: we make this last gash the last and let this cut heal.

What I we need to do: To go to the freaking hospital

I'm sorry, just looking for clarification, what exactly causes the gash? Is it strictly the disappointment that one didn't win? Well, yeah I'd like to win but that isn't going to ruin the game for me. I wouldn't compare it to a deep cut as much as I would finding out the movie I wanted to see is all sold out.

We can't all always win and we all can't always get everything we want, its a crappy lesson to learn, but honestly an online game about sprite dragons seems like a good place to learn it. Be disappointed, accept it and move on, hope for better next year.

I feel like you're shouting wolf though. If it scares everyone that much that they could not get a 2nd gen TJ could code it so that prize dragons breed a lot better and we can move on to different dragons.

The hollies will also always be here. (I have a holly, which is saying something since I have no CB sivlers or golds. they're also breeding exponentially as in the population probably grows about 1.5 percent each year (if the average is 3 eggs of course) we can also ask that hollies breed better as well. HOWEVER I feel ike a lot of people would be unhappy. people crave going towards hard to achieve goals if we continue to increase the CB holly population and the CB prize population then they will be get to be boring after awhile. We should embrace rares so that this site still has fun goals to obtain. People with CB prizes probably leave because they are bored at having obtained everything.

ya I tend to stick to the DR areas rather than this area. The chances of me seeing them are probably on par with winning a prize dragon tongue.gif

@rumor33 I've seen people get extremely mad at the fact that they don't get CB prizes. People threaten to leave and whine like there's no tomorrow. >.> I think it's annoying and want people to see that they're being annoying and stop. The gash I would equate to people happiness with DC, people are frustrated that there is a dragon in cave that they can't get in the form of a CB and every year they are mad that their hopes for getting such a CB is dashed. Some people are waaay too into DC (I am one of them lol) and this is like their second life. People grow unhealthy relationships for things like this.

also blarg I'm sorry I need to take a break for a sec. please don't get too angry and also I'd be very glad if you read over the thread, looked at both sides of the argument, and made a well thought out post tomorrow. but that's just me being hopeful lol and I know you're not going to do it. tongue.gif

(it's worth a try though xd.png )

but ya my brain's being smashed to mush from anxiety of the topic and the fact that I have a lot of homework due soon. so sorry if my replies haven't been making sense~

I'm only okay with this if there's an alternate way to obtain CB prize dragons. Otherwise, very bad idea.

I'm only okay with this if there's an alternate way to obtain CB prize dragons. Otherwise, very bad idea.

I agree with this. Removing the ability to receive CB Prizes won't make the people who don't get them any happier.

Nah. I like the raffles. I like the chance to win a prize dragon, or an HM with a fun code, even if it's tiny. And I like that we keep getting fresh blood for these dragons in the cave.

We should have weekly raffles of exclusive dragons that will never be raffled again.

Just for the delicious drama

Nah. I like the raffles. I like the chance to win a prize dragon, or an HM with a fun code, even if it's tiny. And I like that we keep getting fresh blood for these dragons in the cave.

Fresh blood means fresh drama, and some of us (I'm saying some, not most, not few, just something general) *cough*remember before*cough* don't like drama.

If no raffles means no drama, then I would gladly like that. But a shuffle of both non-raffle and raffle yearly would work too, I guess.

Edited by car340

Sadly I think there will always be drama in the cave as it adapts and changes.

Fresh blood means fresh drama, and some of us *cough*remember before*cough* don't like drama.

If no raffles means no drama, then I would gladly like that. But a shuffle of both non-raffle and raffle yearly would work too, I guess.

Drama doesn't bug me.

Removing an aspect of the game that I enjoy would bug me.

Dunno that cutting it down by swapping on and off would help the drama issue, though? I thought a lot of people were wanting there to be more raffles, to get more prizes out there, rather than cutting them down.

I say no, especially if the alternative is something that is 10 times rarer released in cave. If the solution goes to CB prizes being released in cave with the same rarity as all the other metals, then maybe. But otherwise no. If it's super rare in cave (as per the OP), then it should just stay a raffle prize.

blarg I guess I'll just get a bad grade. seems if I leave my friend's posts get modded. <.< *squints at ppl in the topic*

grimace that is the best Idea I've heard yet. you should goto flightrising they have like tons of items that are released for crazy prices for a week and then never to be released again. ._. ever.

I think we would have problem of not enough dragon requests to release quite quickly though.

and ya at the least we should just lay off the raffle until the CB prize population reaches dangerous levels. If it ever even reaches such levels.

Still I think a CB prize substitute is good idea guys! just forget about a dragon that gives you false hope of obtaining a CB form of and pick a new dragon to try to obtain.

lilacamy931

ya the great crisis. we'll complain if it changes and we'll complain if it doesn't change. It's times like these I feel bad for mods and TJ.

*pokes car with a stick* silly there should always be a little bit of drama! some people on the forums would get bored and leave if there was none.

edit:

but Jazeki the chances of getting that dragon in CB form are probably a hundred times better! and you have the chance year round! so you always get the high of maybe just maybe getting it.

Edited by 626lavaheart

Still I think a CB prize substitute is good idea guys! just forget about a dragon that gives you false hope of obtaining a CB form of and pick a new dragon to try to obtain.

So your idea to reduce drama is to practically discontinue SIX dragons and replace it with a single VERY hard to obtain dragon is going to reduce drama? This would only increase it dramatically.

A dragon harder to obtain than CB golds is NOT the answer. There are people who have tried YEARS to get CB metals and never gotten ONE and you still see threads pop up every once in a while that try to make getting them easier.

Edited by Nectaris

Thing is, I'm pretty sure that people have already been trying for years to get a CB Tinsel or CB Shimmer.

Edited by DarkEternity

not discontinue. Discontinue would mean you can't breed them. I apologuize for getting so excited and forgetting to remove parts out of the OP. I ment to put in as well that we should make prizes breed more so that it balances out the fact they won't have new CB being introduced. And at the same time since people seem to not like the fact that prizes would breed to well make a new dragon to distract them that's really rare that everyone will want. :l I think I've seen news stations, companies, and governments pull the same thing. so it should work here too...

It's all just an idea of course.

A crazy idea that may just work

also yes the drama would be unbearable at first

but after awhile we'd forget about it and it'd die

ah good point dark eternity. maybe 10 times was much too common...

maybe somewhere between that and the rarity of getting a shiny pokemon?

I said 10 mostly so as not to scare people too much of the reality of how rare CB prizes are.

Edited by 626lavaheart

not discontinue. Discontinue would mean you can't breed them. I apologuize for getting so excited and forgetting to remove parts out of the OP. I ment to put in as well that we should make prizes breed more so that it balances out the fact they won't have new CB being introduced. And at the same time since people seem to not like the fact that prizes would breed to well make a new dragon to distract them that's really rare that everyone will want. :l I think I've seen news stations, companies, and governments pull the same thing. so it should work here too...

It's all just an idea of course.

A crazy idea that may just work

also yes the drama would be unbearable at first

but after awhile we'd forget about it and it'd die

I know what you meant. However, eventually all you could get was low gens from a very few lines, and high gens from most else. There would be little variety of lineages, everyone would be stuck with the same lineages and the price of even a high gen would increase dramatically. They may be there, technically, but they would be dead to anyone who wanted to experiment or have anything different than the standard lineage.

And no, PLEASE PLEASE do not make such a rare dragon in cave. Yes, there may be 40 metals dropped in the cave, but one person can grab multiples and you have to compete with everyone else in the cave to get them.

Edited by Nectaris

You can already win a CB prize multiple times. Or you could trade with people to obtain multiple CB prizes. And people also get burned for cheating so that they can own multiple CB prizes. Ultimately, it's not so different.

Edited by DarkEternity

You can already win a CB prize multiple times. Or you could trade with people to obtain multiple CB prizes. And people also get burned for cheating so that they can own multiple CB prizes. Ultimately, it's not so different.

But in a way it is. With the raffle, even a person with a dial-up connection and a dinosaur of a computer at least has a shot at one, no matter how low that chance is A rare in the cave though? Fat chance that a dial-up will ever get one. It gives these people hope that one day they too can have something worth something.

And personally, I think the better way to combat the drama would be to have more raffles, actually. When people have more chances to win, they are less upset if they lose, they will think "maybe next time" because next time will not be a year from now.

Edited by Nectaris

well everyone seems to want a dragon that with little to no chance of getting a CB. The substitute would simply fill peoples want for it.

I'd feel like they'd be made so rare no one could sit around and catch them. (like winning a lottery)

aaand if you wanted to be mean. give them the same egg description of a common egg just to make it harder.

but Nectaris it's like an addiction. if we did that then we would have no way to stop doing raffles if we ever wanted to. people would need their fix.

Edited by 626lavaheart

I am against this. The raffles are very fun. The issue is not with the raffle itself, but with people being unable to accept that they might not win.

I am FOR this for exactly this reason. The fact that people cannot accept not winning is the whole problem.

@ Nectaris - More raffles = fewer regular releases. ABSOLUTELY no thanks.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure that people have already been trying for years to get a CB Tinsel or CB Shimmer.

??

In that we have been hoping to win the raffle, yes, but otherwise there is no way to try.

Edited by fuzzbucket

but Nectaris it's like an addiction. if we did that then we would have no way to stop doing raffles if we ever wanted to. people would need their fix.

Is that a bad thing though? I would rather have that than a dragon I work and work for all year never to get(like your uber rare would be). At least with the raffle, you only work for two weeks to end up not getting it.

Edited by Nectaris

well everyone seems to want a dragon that with little to no chance of getting a CB. The substitute would simply fill peoples want for it.

I'd feel like they'd be made so rare no one could sit around and catch them. (like winning a lottery)

aaand if you wanted to be mean. give them the same egg description of a common egg just to make it harder.

Don't paint everyone with the same broad brush. I detest dragons that are limited, where not everyone can get them. Actually I've seen a lot of people who dislike that sort of exclusivity.

Having said limited dragons be common when they are released (like CB Holidays) is one thing. There are so many it takes forever for them to be worked out of the game.

But having a limited and exclusive dragon that the CB version goes to so few... Especially not one, but SIX of said dragon... That really bites. And no more raffles = no more new blood, which really is a lot worst.

Cheers!

C4.

ah true I forget that not everyone has the same opinion for addictive substances like I do.

you should go put those ideas in the more raffles thread. they fit more there.

fuzzbucket

:c I'm sorry but I think I may of converted piemaster a bit in irc... Mostly because people not being able to get over not winning and making tons of suggestions about it, whining continuously during the holiday season, and whatnot is what drove me to make this thread. As I've said several times I hope to make people see prize dragons and the raffle less like something they can and should win.

C4

ah but some people also love the exclusism .

however I feel like a hundred or so prize dragons is enough I guess we could do one more raffle just to be sure... but I don't really like the idea.

Edited by 626lavaheart

The thing everyone has to remember is that people are always going to have differing opinions on this subject. You can't make everyone happy, no matter what. But you also can't go thinking your opinion stands for everyone elses. There are some people who agree, which is fine. But there are a lot of people who don't, and all their reasons for why differ. But there is not going to be any solution to satisfy everyone.

The problem isn't really with the raffles or the prizes themselves. The problem is the progeny. Pretty sure if those prizes were unbreedable you'd get a few bitter complaints here and there about not winning, but the drama like we have now, it would be nearly nonexistent.

Doing away with the raffle at this point won't fix that particular problem (which is where I think the suggestion came in about making them discontinued, because that would be the only way to fix that aspect)

Edited by Tawanda001

As I've said several times I hope to make people see prize dragons and the raffle less like something they can and should win.

You and me both. But it will never happen.