626lavaheart

ANSWERED:No Raffles

I apologize Irisania :C it didn't fit well..

user posted imageuser posted image

~ for both sides of course.

C4

I feel you should cool a tad, I apologize if I made you mad. I understand you're tired and mad that the prize dragons are stupid to work with in even gens. I would love to make even gens with them myself. You should push your ideas in the "prize dragons being released in cave thread" It's more likely to be what happens than my suggestion really. xd.png my suggestions never work out on any site I mostly make them to have different sides of views that people don't think of.

I do feel that it's not like bright pinks and frills. You can't get bright pinks and frills anymore. You'll still be completely able to get prize dragons. just not ones that are pretty and/or small whenever you want.

You CLEARLY haven't been reading any of the other threads. And haven't been reading my posts, or at least not understanding them.

I'm against stopping the raffles, which is the cusp of the issue here.

Cheers!

C4.

u_u very well. I apologize for being a bad reader. my attention span is pretty small so I am pretty bad at reading things sometimes. I will go back and reread your posts.

I thank you for your attention and opinion on the subject. It makes me happy that people care enough that they are reposting smile.gif

Do NOT support. At ALL.

As users go inactive, this would mean that prizes slowly become rarer and rarer and therefore harder for the average user to get. We need raffles to keep the supply fresh and to replace 'lost' prizes.

I understand that the raffle has negativity to it, but this would make the situation that it creates worse.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaasically, this. ^

I'm one of those sillybugs that wants a 2nd-gen someday (the same as a /lot/ of other people), anyway, so if the Raffles were stopped and suddenly there were no more 2nd's available? Wheeeuu.

Besides, why completely take something away just because of people that whine about not winning?

I've never won, and though it would be nice, it doesn't bug me. There's always next year-- right?

Maybe?

So I just...yeah. ;; Sorry, but I do not support this suggestion.

You call the suggestions of improving the raffles whining, so I call this thread entitled naysaying, minus the entitled part. or a very humorous spoof. And before you say "I never said I was calling people who wanted to win something a whiner!":

"... Mostly because people not being able to get over not winning and making tons of suggestions about it, whining continuously during the holiday season, and whatnot is what drove me to make this thread."

I do not see how this would help my chances to win the elusive CB prize dragon (I'm convinced I will because I have great plans to turn this game on it's head with one). I will happily "whine" (offer constructive critique) towards raffle boards if it means something comes of it.

The obvious solution is to pin a topic to the top of every board listing all CB prizes, their owners, and their private emails.

That way anyone who wants a prize dragon can ask

amirite

I personally have to say no to stopping the Raffles.

The point of a raffle is to be fun and random - and I'd say in a good 80% of all raffles is that the number of people who don't win will outnumber those that do win. This is something that people seem to forget or have forgotten.

Stopping the raffles I feel would raise more complaints than the low number of prizes and the difficulty of getting second-gens to do various lineages with already do. As new players will whine they never had a chance to win an Egg, collectors will be complaining there are no new prize lines for them to go after, and others will simply be complaining because they can't be pleased.

While this might make a few players happy - I don't feel stopping raffles will improve anything at all.

All right I am honestly bugged that this discussion is even allowed to continue. For One, I strongly disagree with this because of several reasons, For one I feel that taking away from what the winners won by continuing this drama isn't cool. I didn't win but I feel that we should be happy and not This Petty Ridiculousness. Okay Second, I feel that taking away people's right to breed prizes who like me collect them for various reasons would set off a whole other set of arguments. The Point of this game is to collect things as well as enjoy the game. So, if the games don't meet your requirements then why play it. Everything in life has pros and cons, if life were completely fair constantly it would be boring.

I don't feel the winners should be punished by this Drama, A lot of The winners are wonderful people who just happened to get the opportunity to get a prize. They had the very slim chance that all of us did. Nothing should be changed in my opinion and People need to stop moaning and complaining about this.

*back from reading*

I still feel. That This idea would not spell the doom of all 2nd gens ever. I know there are several people that would not leave DC that won. The problem we're facing with prize owners leaving is that a large percentage of them are new players, since the holidays/winter break are when a lot of people join. We do however have many many users who have won a prize dragon that I just don't see leaving forever. They might at the most take a long haitus, I also do not think that by removing the raffles that that automatically spells the end to getting new CBs.

Other suggestions could (and should) be implemented with this one. I am kinda grumped that TJ made all the topics split even if it makes everything neater. because it makes it all frowned upon to talk about mixing ideas.

The raffles themselves are at a really bad time of the year and overall aren't the best way of releasing dragons.

edit: times like this I wish I wasn't a slow typer...

ashes

It bugs me that people want more prizes so much.

The chances of you winning the raffle are slim to none, everyone should realize that they are likely never going to win. People should not feel the need that they should get something every raffle. they should be happy that TJ was nice enough to do it.

Mondat

yes I did. go ahead?

beautifuldragon5000

I have a right to suggest things ^^ . I am not mad at the winners at all nor want to take their winnings away. Congrats to them for beating the odds! The prizes would not be removed, retired, discontinued, and would still breed prizes. This thread is simply to discuss the idea of removing the raffles.

Edited by 626lavaheart

If a person says they are unhappy because they cannot work with some specific dragon sprite whose CB can be only obtained by winning a raffle, I'd assume that such a person would just let it go - for their own good.

But trying to change a raffle system or rules/settings of Dragon Cave so some of you can work on your pretty lineages?

(...)

Whatever pleases you, I personally prefer to be happy.

Is the only option to overcome unhappiness to promptly stop caring about the issue in question at all? If people are unhappy with a situation, they have every right to see if they can't make changes to it, rather than giving up and pretending it doesn't matter to them.

DC is a game; games exist to make people happy; a fair amount of people aren't currently happy with this one aspect of the game. If people were, say, trying to change the game to collecting all fantasy critters rather than just dragons because they were unhappy it was "only dragons," it'd be fair to tell them to go along and find another fantasy game to please them, as such a suggestion truly would alter the very heart of the game to suit them. But since the raffle is a fairly new addition to DC, far from being the main core of the game, and has caused annoyance and frustration to a notable portion of players, I don't think it's amiss to try to make changes to it.

And, again, it's not like I'm sobbing behind my computer screen all day for want of 2nd gen Shimmers. I have plenty of other things to enjoy in the game and, while there's been a recent surge in my interest, usually I don't dwell on the Prize situation much. So don't assume that asking for changes in the area means people are 100% fixated on it and can find no other joy in their DC-related lives. It's not a necessity, by any stretch--just something some of us would find nice.

@626: If your hope is to have CB Prizes be awarded in another way than the raffle, say so! I'm firmly against the ending of the raffle if there's no other way to get CB Prizes, because even if 2nd gens were still available, they would become even more ridiculously scarce than they are right now--which is a really unpleasant thought. But if you have another idea than the raffle in mind for distributing them? Please share it! Either way, I'm inclined to agree with you that it's a bit rough jumping from joy joy joy Christmas to sorry 99% of you are going to lose the raffle, but I'm not sure what a better time of year would be. Although, I guess that's less of an issue if the way to obtain an entry to the raffle was made much simpler.

@General people of the forums: Again, wanting to see changes to the raffle does not immediately mean we're all whiners, crybabies, spoilsports, haters, sore losers, yadda yadda yadda. We aren't calling you nasty things, would be nice if you'd stop doing the same for us. Thanks!

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I know there are several people that would not leave DC that won.

You have no idea of knowing what might happen to a person. There's a difference between leaving by one's own choice and just suddenly being outright unable to put time into something due to life issues.

You have no idea of knowing what might happen to a person. There's a difference between leaving by one's own choice and just suddenly being outright unable to put time into something due to life issues.

I left the game for a year due to life issues what happens outside the game is a variable no one can predict and no one should be punished for....

angelicdragonpuppy

@n@ but isn't that like frowned upon since it makes everything all confusing?

overall this topic was always simply about removing the the raffles to begin with... not so much what to do about the prize dragons afterwards... since there's already topics that address that issue.

people usually come back to places were they are in power. I understand that you guys will leave us from time to time for personal reasons. But I have a feeling that at least some will come back.

Edited by 626lavaheart

*back from reading*

I still feel. That This idea would not spell the doom of all 2nd gens ever. I know there are several people that would not leave DC that won.

No one can predict what will happen in the future. You don't *know* that "several people" won't leave, the same as I don't *know* they you won't leave. Things happen, people change their minds, people are cut off from the internet, etc. You don't *know* anything of the sort.

ashes

It bugs me that people want more prizes so much.

The chances of you winning the raffle are slim to none, everyone should realize that they are likely never going to win. People should not feel the need that they should get something every raffle. they should be happy that TJ was nice enough to do it.

This entire suggestion seems to be based on the fact that YOU are trying to dictate how OTHER users play the game. That's really just not a good way to go about changing things, and I'm honestly very surprised that this thread has been allowed to go on for so long this way.

If *you* don't think raffles are a good thing, fine, whatever. But frankly it's very selfish to make a suggestion because *you* think that *other people* shouldn't feel the way they feel. That's ridiculous. It bugs you that people want prizes so much? Then don't read the prize threads! Just walk away. Everyone has a different playstyle and if you don't agree with a certain playstyle that's your right, but it is *not* your right to try to shut down raffles just because *you* don't think people should keep hoping for a win.

But At The same time 626, this whole topic gives me the feeling that you wish to satisfy a majority which won't be pacified by something that seems so simplistic in its nature. This issue isn't as Black and White as this topic makes it seem, everyone isn't going to be satisfied by any decision most likely. Any decision made by TJ will probably be gainsaid by the opposing party to that idea so at least with the current system it gives people the opportunity to collect nice lineages.

yes this entire suggestion is *my* own opinions and *my* suggestion.

I can't predict the future. I would also never want to be able to predict the future. However It should be noted that there are people who like being rich somewhere when they have a crappy RL. even if it is a adoptable site on the internet.

I also do not think that by removing the raffles that that automatically spells the end to getting new CBs.

Other suggestions could (and should) be implemented with this one.

Okay, waiting to hear some of those other suggestions....

There is a suggestion thread about dropping prizes in cave after a certain amount of time.

Of course it has it s drawbacks too, one of those being that it does not much to address the problems of trade values and lineage issues created by the scarcity of low gens either. So this suggestion of no raffles and that one of delayed cave drops, together don't do a whole lot to fix the immediate problem.

Now we are back to square one, how to get more CB and/or low gens so that trade values and lineage building aren't completely insane and impossible like they are now. ~If you have ideas as to how to accomplish that please, please throw them out there for discussion.

I haven't done much reading of this thread but..

What would happen if we had a raffle every other or third year? Would the consequences be greater or lower than the current situation?

What would happen if we had a raffle every other or third year? Would the consequences be greater or lower than the current situation?

people would be more buttmad then they already are

They'd be much worst. The problem right now is too few CBs to produce the 2nd gens everyone wants. There's some math in another thread, but the long and short of it is, even if every single prize (including the new ones) produced 2nd gens every other week, it'd still take 7 YEARS to get the majority of active users a 2nd gen. Just one 2nd gen.

And the existing prize sprites are about 5% of all sprites, and they are half of the shiny metallic sprites. So.....

Cheers!

C4.

neo no one can quite tell. people are odd things to predict and move in strange ways a lot. However I feel it would not be the best way to deal with it. :C sorry man. *hugs neo*

The scarcity of the lineages isn't the main issue in this topic... but I guess my opinion on how to fix the problem would be to remove raffles, make them breed at little bit better (although I've noticed that they like a lot of the breeds on DC fluctuate in rarity we are probably just in a bad ratio time), and make them VERY rarely drop in cave. making there a steady supply. Since they're dropping in cave and so rare. It is extremely unlikely that the ones who catch them would be new users making the rares go to people who have been here for a long time and who will stay here for a long time.

The Problem with the wealth distribution would however be the biggest issue SO their description should be changed to something very common (like speckle throats... or maybe TJ could be sneaky and release something really common with a metallic sounding name preferably an "ugly" one lol) Therefore masking them from people who are hardwired to click on things with a gold egg description. A problem that could pop up of course is that someone starts a thread like the apocalypse threads in the trade area were everyone just clicks for those eggs with the new description and artificially bringing up the rarity of them so that they drop less often in the cave.

I feel with that combo it would make it impossible to farm for them and they would drop rarely enough that it wouldn't make them too unrare too quickly.... but of course I'm not an all knowing person there's probably flaws in that plan.

Edited by 626lavaheart

So what about my earlier suggestion? Weekly or monthly drawings of a small number of prizes at a time?

It would still round out at about the same number of prizes being handed out now, but it wouldn't have that great big build up, and the disappointment that follows. If that were coupled with a better breeding rate...?

So what about my earlier suggestion? Weekly or monthly drawings of a small number of prizes at a time?

It would still round out at about the same number of prizes being handed out now, but it wouldn't have that great big build up, and the disappointment that follows. If that were coupled with a better breeding rate...?

Make a new topic, so as not to hijack this one.

Cheers!

C4.

I haven't read the whole thread (bad Psyk, bad) but this sounds like a really good idea from my perspective. That why there isn't a HUGE hype over the raffle, and maybe there'll also be little mini-games each month to get into the raffle in the first place.

Less hype=less drama. This has my approval.

No raffles altogether is just too depressing.

Edited by Psykotika

Thought about it but hoped for at least a few opinions to see if it had any merit. It's depressing to start a new thread that dies after a few lonely posts. xd.png