626lavaheart

ANSWERED:No Raffles

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with prize dragons, or the winners' prices. The issues in DC's economy following their release are user-created. The largest issue here is that people expect to get the new prizes instantly, but can't or aren't willing to pay the prices winners ask for. Rather than wait for prices to fall, people either pay ridiculous prices or complain about not being able to get them. If people understood that the prizes can't be special if everyone has a CB and/or second gen, and that they need to be patient with getting new ones, then they would be much happier and prizes would be better liked.

No support for this suggestion. If anything, it makes me think, "This is why we can't have nice things."

Pie masters Post sums MY feelings on this up pretty well.

No support from me, even thought I DON'T have a CB prize... not yet, anywaway.

I agree that there are issues with the raffle. I just don't believe that this is the solution.IF it were such a thing where the raffle and prizes had never been added to the site, that would be one thing, the problem IS that taking something AWAY from the userbase is another again. The genie is out of the bottle on this one, as it were. TJ PROBABLY never foresaw the drama that the raffle would create, but I don't THINK that taking away raffles now will make the situation better. At least certainly NOT for this year... plenty of people would want to know WHY they were being punished by having their chance, albeit small, to win something nice taken away from them. And next year, people would be wondering why there was no raffle; which would cause drama of its own. To tell the truth this whole suggestion seems extreme and just plain REEKS of sour grapes.

BESIDES, I think that even IF raffles had never been invented, the bad attitudes out there would find another target.

Edited by Silverswift

I like the idea of the raffle. Actually would like to see more raffles, not less. Possibly with improved mechanisms.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with prize dragons, or the winners' prices. The issues in DC's economy following their release are user-created. The largest issue here is that people expect to get the new prizes instantly, but can't or aren't willing to pay the prices winners ask for. Rather than wait for prices to fall, people either pay ridiculous prices or complain about not being able to get them. If people understood that the prizes can't be special if everyone has a CB and/or second gen, and that they need to be patient with getting new ones, then they would be much happier and prizes would be better liked.

No support for this suggestion. If anything, it makes me think, "This is why we can't have nice things."

Everything this says by 100% I don't care if it is 2nd gen or not as long as I have the sprite. I just move on and choose to be happy with what I can obtain but it seems I am in the minority.

I love this post. Agree 100%. And PieMaster said it better then I ever could.

I don't think that raffles will be stopped anytime soon.

There are a lot of people that enjoy winning raffles, as you have already stated, but why exactly is that one of the reasons why raffles should be stopped?

I absolutely HATE the raffle, so 100% support on eliminating it.

What I would like to see is the Tinsels and Shimmers released as ordinarly rares. As in, no more or no less rare than golds/silvers/coppers.

I have always felt that any dragon that can not be obtained by everyone was/is totally unfair and should not be a part of the game. Meaning that Bright Pinks, Frills, black Sweetlings, and Artist Sprites should not be in the game. If Artist Sprites have to be in the game, they should be unbreedable. Plus, only allowing one type of Snow Angel per scroll should not happen.

Basically, if it's in game, it should be available to everyone at all times and at the same level of obtainability.

I think it's Raffles are fun, it's a way for player to win awesome dragons like CB alts, CB Holidays if the missed the release, classic Metallics, all neat and fun things and it would be a real shame if there were no more of them... the problem lies with Prize dragons, their offspring's trade value and DC's broken economy since their introduction. People save their really valuable rares to trade for a 2nd gen, because it's a stable, good and sensible investment for future trading as 3rd gens are still traded for great things and this can be done 12 months a year, unlike say CB Hollies, whose offspring is just as valuable, but can only be used in trading once a year. So, since raffles have nothing to do with DC's broken economy, I'm all for keeping them. Keeping Prizes as they are? Well, there's plenty other topics about this. >_<

Edited by stagazer_7

I absolutely HATE the raffle, so 100% support on eliminating it.

What I would like to see is the Tinsels and Shimmers released as ordinarly rares. As in, no more or no less rare than golds/silvers/coppers.

I have always felt that any dragon that can not be obtained by everyone was/is totally unfair and should not be a part of the game. Meaning that Bright Pinks, Frills, black Sweetlings, and Artist Sprites should not be in the game. If Artist Sprites have to be in the game, they should be unbreedable. Plus, only allowing one type of Snow Angel per scroll should not happen.

Basically, if it's in game, it should be available to everyone at all times and at the same level of obtainability.

At this stage of affairs I'm inclined to agree with you here, Cinnamin.

Terminating this abomination will very likely be better for us all.

Edited by CNR4806

But then I can't get one!

In all honesty, this is my least favorite time of the year to be on DC. There's just too much whining and drama over the raffle and prizes. I support just getting rid of the darn things.

No, I'd rather keep the raffles.

I wouldn't mind changing how and when they happen though.

Maybe having more than one a year will help too.

It wouldn't matter if we had a raffle every month. There would still be players who can't get a caveborn tinsel/shimmer. Which is totally unfair to everyone, because some can't have them and those who do have an unfair trading advantage.

As much as I really don't care for the raffles and think that they should never have been started at all, I don't think that stopping them will do DC any good. Exclusive prizes being given out - first for the TDC, then for various raffles - did open a whole can of worms I wish hadn't been opened, but trying to close this will only cause drama. Plus, the prices on prize dragons will skyrocket, for the amount of CBs/low-gens being bred will decrease steadily. The negative feelings associated with the raffles would increase hundredfold if the raffles were suddenly discontinued.

So, no, against this.

This is what I've been saying in terms of educating users that being ptient, curtous, and knowng with who and when to neogtiate and trade with makes all the difference in getting what they want.

I can understand the Hype, I can understand the excitement, but after all of that people need to cool down and strategically look at trades and see who and when they can trade with. After some time many of those trading prizes or rares calm down once the hype is done and are more open to negotiation and the such. Realizing this would make many users much happier and show them that with certain patience and perseverance they really can obtain that 2nd Gen or CB Metal.

I would have preferred no raffles from the beginning. However, now that we've had (several) raffles, I really don't support just abolishing them. And if we do abolish them, I think it's fair to retire giving out prize dragons (although they could still breed). They were meant as prize dragons and I don't want to see them released in cave. No raffles, no prizes, IMO.

Judging by user feedback, yes, I do want to do something with raffles to improve the userbase's interaction with them, but I'm not quite sure what the best way to handle them is. Maybe it is just best to retire everything and let it fade into the background. I honestly don't know.

The Frills/Bright pinks were retired I believe due to the artist's requests, not just simply for the sake of retirement. Black Sweetlings were a gift to those who lost theirs in a glitch, and as for Spriter's alts, well, the name's pretty self explanatory. It takes a lot of time and hard work to become a good spriter, and a lot more than that to have a dragon released on DC. SA are a little 'thank you' gift, so to speak, to the people who use their time to create beautiful sprites for us all. It's in no way unfair to other people who play, as they didn't put work into making the dragon.

As for the topic of the thread, i'm gonna say no support. It's already too late to stop them, and if they were stopped there would be an earful of drama that i'm sure TJ doesn't want to put up with.

the raffles do provide people with the chance at getting old holiday dragons they may have missed out on. So stopping the raffles would cut off that avenue of obtaining those long retired holidays, or frilled dragons.

I really do not see why the raffles should be stopped. They are fun. So I would give a heartfelt no.

Edited by Starscream

I would have preferred no raffles from the beginning. However, now that we've had (several) raffles, I really don't support just abolishing them. And if we do abolish them, I think it's fair to retire giving out prize dragons (although they could still breed). They were meant as prize dragons and I don't want to see them released in cave. No raffles, no prizes, IMO.

Judging by user feedback, yes, I do want to do something with raffles to improve the userbase's interaction with them, but I'm not quite sure what the best way to handle them is. Maybe it is just best to retire everything and let it fade into the background. I honestly don't know.

I think that would be a shame, Sockie.

I am not disagreeing with you that SOMETHING needs to be done, but... I think it would be a shame if raffles were taken away ENTIRELY. Besides... I am NOT sure that taking away the raffles would fix the basic problem, which is that people want low gen prizes and the owners of CB s can't ever HOPE to keep up. If anything, cutting off the supply of new winners would ONLY put more pressure on the ones that already exist.

Further... why should EVERYONE be punished because some people have bad attitudes?

Edited by Silverswift

I dont support this as well. Others alrdy wrote here clear reasons.

No support. After reading over the posts in other thread regarding prizes, the only opinion that I'll stick to is that I like raffles and I hope they stay.

I think that would be a shame, Sockie.

I am not disagreeing with you that SOMETHING needs to be done, but... I think it would be a shame if raffles were taken away ENTIRELY. Besides... I am NOT sure that taking away the raffles would fix the basic problem, which is that people want low gen prizes and the owners of CB s can't ever HOPE to keep up. If anything, cutting off the supply of new winners would ONLY put more pressure on the ones that already exist.

Further... why should EVERYONE be punished because some people have bad attitudes?

Which is why, in my first paragraph, I do mention I don't want to retire them. =3

From the beginning, I have not supported the raffle. I would love to see it fade away into the sunset, but fear that it's not something that we can do away with now. The damage is already done. All we can do is figure out a way to manage it. I have no idea what will work apart from increasing the numbers of prizes given out, and even that is a limited solution.

I do like the raffles even though I've never won. It's fun for me to hope I'll win and dream about winning (I play the lottery too wink.gif HOWEVER, I really wish that something could be done about repeat winners. Maybe have it like the Thuwed breeding list where you can't sign up again immediately. So, if you won a prize in 2014, you have to wait until 2016 to win again or you can only win an HM if you won first, second or third place the year before. But I see problems with those suggestions as well . . .

Whatever, I'll still look forward to the raffle every year and dream of winning biggrin.gif