ValidEmotions

The Academy OOC

Mitzuki, I do wish to ask: will you bring your character in as if she were late when the time skip happens or will you bring her in as if she were present from the start?

I'd bring her in after the time skip, probably during the morning, since it's going to be a Monday.

Enough waiting! Skipping time!

We'll just assume Dain helped Twig out earlier. No need to dedicate another post to it.

Sorry, I probably wasn't specific. I knew you'd bring her in once the skip happened but, are you posting her introduction with her going through the steps of getting settled into the school as a late arrival or will you post her introduction with the feeling that she's gone through those stages with the other students? I wish to know so I can figure out if I need to send Felic down to guide her or not.

Alright. Time Skip has been made. I've only posted for Felic at this instance. Bottom part sees him greeting Mitzuki with Sorge beside him.

EDIT: The starting in-RP time is 6 AM. You are free to have the time for your character a little out of sync but we don't want some students to be in class at 9 while the majority is still before 8 am.

Edited by Narvix

They can if they wish. The kitchen starts working and cooking at 5:30 to prepare for any early risers when the doors get unlocked to the ground floor at 6 AM. Then food stays out until 8:55 for late runners and everything's packed away during classes until half an hour before lunch starts.

Well, I think it'd be a great idea for the teachers to eat breakfast with the students, so they can socialize and stuff, but there might be a dining area for the teachers.

Teachers don't usually eat with the students, but they're not banned from doing so. Usually teachers eat in the teacher's lounge to preserve the separation between them. Teachers aren't student's friends, they're mentors. But of course, I'm sure there's one or two teachers who visit occasionally and on special holidays and events, everyone is together.

There's been a realization: Lucky accidentally used the wrong word.

We meant for the rule to be a minimum of four lines, not four sentences.

Now, if the fourth line is mostly written out (at least about 3/4s), then I think that will be alright if you find yourself unable to find anything else to type out. However, nothing below that should be the max written in your posts. We apologize for the misunderstanding.

Aye. I apologize for making that mistake, I hope that is clearer now.

For any future applicants, I have updated the sheets. Everyone who has joined, however, can totally disregard that. Thank you.

@Emerald: Don't worry about it! smile.gif

Anyway, I am at work and I will be out after so I might post around 12 hours later. I don't know how fast this thread will be moving but just so the others know, I intend for Silmarwen to be up at 6am, have breakfast, and attend the class. Typical good girl. I will mention how those went just in case everybody advances further than that by the time I get back. smile.gif

@Narvix and Lucky: Updates and details noted! smile.gif

Edited by Natevaelle

Four lines is more problematic for me, I have a big monitor so four lines is absolutely enormous

Duly noted Natevaell! We'll be sure (least I will and I believe Lucky x3) not to get post crazy without you smile.gif

Jaina, are you able to make the page window smaller? My laptop screen is about 13" from top right corner to bottom left corner. That would make one line visible to me about... Six inches long? I would say, just go with your best estimate because, so far, you've been doing great with the sizing of your posts. If all else fails, feel free to make a post and ask if it's an appropriate size to us and make your estimates off of that.

what were the optional classes again? i cant fined the post sad.gif

i can never find posts i need

It would be Magic, Cooking, Language, Music, Astronomy, and Alchemy/Forging. On the wikia, I've denoted them with a single *.

Never fear, Jaina. Your posts are awesome. It's pretty hard to get less than three and a half lines when you're putting any effort into it. The rule mostly applies to repeat offenders, since everyone gets a bad block once in a blue moon.

Lol. Alchemy is only on two days and optional at that. Aolin's going to be bored. That's good for me irl, as I'm rather busy anyway. What's the main difference between alchemy and magic? Is it transforming things vs making things go boom?

Edited by Corrosion

I'm sorry Corrosion :c But, do note, Soria will be taking the class as she is a magic user and she doesn't mind dabbling in science x3

Felic can't use magic so Alchemy is out for him and same with Al'nivte. However, Al'nivte will be taking Forging so he'll be in close proximity.

Which reminds me .-. I need to sort out what classes each of my three will take...

EDIT: Ninja'd by Raven x3

That's up to your preference really. Just so long as it doesn't disrupt class ;D

Edited by Narvix

Okzies I think that Fiern would be one of the first I was actually thinking of having him hatch as Deja is reading to him. (My next post)

I wish my screen was 13" long. .-. I am using my buddies laptop and it is about 13" and perfect. I get on my desktop and 2 1/2 lines on this is one on it. (I use a tv as a monitor). Makes things difficult.