ValidEmotions

The Academy OOC

I have always imagined two parallel beds on opposite side of the rooms. O.o And I think Cassie and Silma assumed having a dresser each. Oops, sorry. I will fix my descriptions of the room in future posts.

I thought same as Nat, lol, Will fix in future posts

Now I feel like my past posts are so awkward. xd.png I feel like fixing them up a bit just to fit the proper description. But I will have to consult with Emerald first on who got the top bunk and who got the bottom bunk.

Lol, if you guys imagined it that way then you don't have to change it xd.png No point in going back and rewriting such a minor detail now. We can just say it was a design issue, since I didn't give you guys a description before.

What a relief. My OC-ness might not have been able to resist fixing my posts. I will make it a point to ask about certain things before I post next time. smile.gif Thanks, Lucky!

Sorry here too :l I just kinda assumed a basic student room with dresser, desk, bed each.

@Nat - I'm sorry for keeping you waiting on a post. I should have one up within the next few hours smile.gif Feel free to time skip whether or not I post though.

Let me know when we move to the next day

I have a request: can we please put something like:

Name of Character

Student or Teacher

Current Location

at the beginning of each post or when we switch to a different character? It would clear up a lot of confusion.

I agree with Corrosion, it would clear up a lot of confusion.

Dreadful confusion. It's difficult for me to remember people's names in real life, and the switching from one PoV to another is just. ARGH. So I'm reading a post about a student, and then it suddenly, and without warning, switches to a teacher's perspective. It's really jarring and why I try to avoid books with PoV switches.

Well, oops. The wouldn't it be "Student, Teacher, or Dragon"? Otherwise my character is going to try to give ingredients for alchemy to a dragon's hands or something.

I just get confused sometimes so it's like an ease of use thing.

maybe i should mention that for my last 2 posts, the second perspective was a dragon. now that i look at it, its not very clear

Hmmm well, I've actually never known anyone to run into this sort of problem unless they just didn't read anything of the posts. I don't mind adding name labels but sometimes my characters interact together so the PoV is a general one with no true focus from one individual.

As for the others, it's honestly up to them. We can't force someone to change their writing design if they don't wish to.

As for locations, the OOC's second post on the front page has a list of present locations for Students and Teachers that I'm keeping updated frequently. Similarly, a lot of people add details in every post they make about the location their character is in.

Again, I can't force anyone to adjust the cosmetics of their posts. I'll try to make my posts clearer for you but, otherwise, you'll just have to make sure you read everything that's been written that at least corresponds to your character(s).

I will do this:

If everyone could try to make their posts clearer/easier to follow and understand, it would be much appreciated. This can be done by putting names in posts; distinct details about surroundings, actions, etc.; and (if you control multiple characters who are in separate areas) making sure there is a definite split showing that one portion is separate from another.

Thank you.

Good 'nuff. I'm just going to write location and character's name.

As soon as Sailing, Dain, and Na are done with their nighttime posts; or we make everyone move on without them. Whichever is first. Sailing knows the rule that we'll wait for three days but then we must continue on and they'll need to catch up. Lucky might invoke the time skip sooner still as Sailing has barely made any posts and doesn't seem to make a post when they're on and I've seen them around frequently enough. Sailing has not answered the PM I sent a handful of days ago and I don't know if they've responded to Lucky's.

Don't worry, Lucky and I have thought this through when it came to the possibility of someone holding the thread up.

Mitzuki, I do wish to ask: will you bring your character in as if she were late when the time skip happens or will you bring her in as if she were present from the start?

EDIT: Speak of the devil! Sail's made a brief post .-.

Edited by Narvix

is it ok if Lorf is in a time slightly ahead? cause as it is, it is barley past curfew and he wouldn't have gotten back so quickly, and i just want to finish that hole thing up in one more post (that might be a bit long)

So Sailing, when you post, just assume Dain helped you up the stairs and so on that way we can move on with the timeskip. Also assume that Dain is out at the bars/taverns all night.

Sailing, FRoD mentioned earlier in this OC thread to assume that Dain had helped him up the stairs. I'd like to make this apparent. We need to get on with this timeskip.

Go ahead, Na. Once you finish this post we're skipping, so be sure to wrap up as best you can. If he ends up needing a place to stay because he's locked out, Choru will assist him in my skipping post.

Edited by Luckyclaw

Lucky, I will make one more post finishing up with sailing. Lorf if you want to post now then I can throw a bit of interaction in wwith him as if he maybe found Dain aand Twig. Thaat way all will be done and when Lucky post's it will be the start of the next day. Sound good?

That sounds like a game plan to me. I think Na is making his post right now.

I think Lorf will go fine with no interaction. FRoD just has to make his last post to move Twig...