ValidEmotions

The Academy OOC

Sure I'd love to share!

It would actually be a pretty good idea considering Deja sometimes catches things on fire and has no idea how to put them out.

Timeskip's going to end with the students in the auditorium... possibly after the headmaster's speech. Because there's no point in having a thousand reactions to every classroom being introduced to them and then having everyone choose a seat in the auditorium. It's all so minor it would be inconvenient.

This is going to be a fairly large post, sooooo....

Okay, I'll do that. Just make sure Deja responds with his room number after that.

Ugh I have such horrible writer's block today. I had to leave my copy of Pokemon Y in my 3DS so they could test if it was going to work or not once they fix it, but now it's going to be gone until Saturday and I'm afraid they're going to take my shiny Pyroar or some other nonexistent concern that my brain is making up. If you notice a sharp veer in quality it's because of that >:I

Edited by Luckyclaw

Ok Deja is going to share a room with Luke, but feel free to timeskip over them two figuring that out.

Okay, I made the reply. That should bring him up to speed.

I'm about at the cafeteria now, and I can't decide if the tables are those long Harry Potter tables or plain old round tables. Details, details.

Dang it I think I just told the class locations out of order. This is why no one ever asks me for directions! Well, no one who's ever been heard from again...

HA! Take THAT directions! I fixed you!

Edited by Luckyclaw

Lucky is going to post this giant time-skip post so I'm sitting back and not wanting to get in her way. But yes, everyone is getting moved to the auditorium.

Everyone was auto-moved to the auditorium in that gigapost. It had to be done so that everyone could get through orientation and get to the point already. Look at that behemoth of text, imagine having to RP all of it out. It would have been pointless "Look a room!" "OMG WOW ROOM" after a while.

Sorry for making you all have to read that monster. I tried to make it as interesting as possible by scattering a few jokes here and there.

I loved it Lucky x3 Though, would you say the Library is on the first floor or should we have it on the second floor?

EDIT: Also, I haven't seen Deja's sheet yet.... .-.

EDIT2: Lucky, I think tis the time to use that second reserved post you got. Most of the race descriptions are poofed :c

And none of Lotus's links work |D They all give out error messages..

Edited by Narvix

No Kaio wasn't targeting anyone in particular. He was just going over rules. He wouldn't do anything to Dain just for doing that one thing. If Dain did it every day for a week he would, but not for only this one time where Dain didn't really understand just how afraid Tatsuke was.

Library's second floor, I think. Maybe at the very end? Like in one of those tower things.

I'll get to Deja's sheet soon.

Edited by Luckyclaw

Perhaps i should say this, in Shargonac culture, the last part of the name is how you refer to someone, so Lorf's actual name is not Lithorus, its Lorf.

Edited by na82008

That's interesting Na. Make's me think of Japanese (and Chinese?) names where they have the last name first and then the first name.

Also, |D So sorry about the giant wall of text. If you want to pull a "TL;DR" (too long; didn't read), here's a brief summary:

Felic greeted Linole back to the campus after the man's summer trip but wasn't told how the man's summer went. Felic left Linole seeking for Sin to make his greetings with her as well. Then Felic registers Al's presence and goes to find him.

Al finally enters the school and crosses paths with Felic, which he proceeds to pick on the boy a faint bit. Then, as Felic explains things, Al interrupts with his desired room and then gets his egg.

Now they're heading back to the auditorium.

After all that, I'll need to put Soria's post in a separate piece (essentially double posting |D Sorry) if I post for her tonight before someone else slips in.

yea, i already thought up the naming system, its kind of complex, I'm going to add it to the wiki in the morning. but i said that cause on the post where you describe everyones location, you put Luthorus as first name with Lorf as a nickname

Edited by na82008

I enjoyed the posts, even the long ones! biggrin.gif I will work on a reply later.

Meanwhile, it's a few minutes past 12:00am here. Happy New Year, everyone! smile.gif

Question: Do the students' rooms have a fireplace in them?

Hmm good question. I would hazard not since the school has a vent system for heating and cooling.

But we are talking about an early industrial revolution for the general technology... did they have ventilation systems then?

Edited by Narvix

no, they didn't, but its possible that a race really needed a ventilation system and invented one. Durning the industrial revolution, lack of proper ventilation was a huge problem.

Hmm good question. I would hazard not since the school has a vent system for heating and cooling.

But we are talking about an early industrial revolution for the general technology... did they have ventilation systems then?

The ancient romans knew enough about ventilation to heat their floors - and I'm sure they have chimneys or something smile.gif

No, there are no fireplaces in the rooms. It would be too dangerous and they take up too much space. Remember that we're also partially magic powered here, and I'm sure that they've learned systems for heating up rooms magically through the air vents. But the Academy is also incredibly advanced in its technological and magical advancements, so I would chance this may be the first time a lot of the students see this stuff.

The first 'conditioned air' goes back as far as ancient Egypt, where they would hang wet reeds over windows to cool air as it wafted in. The first mechanical cooling system was invented by 2nd century Chinese inventor Ding Huan, but it was manually powered and gigantic. That was all mechanical, though! Now just imagine with the idea that magic is a thing in this universe, we could possibly have a machine that large down in the basement that can have hot or cold air sent through it via magical means. The Academy can have hot or cold air sent through the vents, and every room could have its vents altered to make the room hotter, or colder or what have you.

or you can skip the whole mechanical procese and just have spells placed over the rooms to change them.

Naaaah. It's much more fun when there's at least one little mechanical whoozit that a student's derp move could mess up~