TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

Attack me and I'll attack you back when snow accumulates? (PM me so I don't forget?)

Yay, no limits \o\ I don't even care if I don't catch a holly, this is so fun xd.pngD

Actually I managed to catch a nebula in the cave, but no christmas eggs yet xP

Hey, the link to repair the snow fort isn't working, it says the page does not exist o.o

Hey, the link to repair the snow fort isn't working, it says the page does not exist o.o

Delete the question mark from the end of the URL... it'll work then.

Got one of each, including a Holly~! My first year of Dragon Cave, too! biggrin.gif Thanks so much, TJ! This is awesome!

You have absurd luck. Gratz!

Delete the question mark from the end of the URL... it'll work then.

Hmm.. thanks for the help \o

NO LIMIT, WHOOOO!!!! *dances around until...* Oh wait. 7-egg limit. Guess I'll have to figure out which ones I want the most of!

The snow thing looks.... Interesting. Not exactly interested in building a snow fort (read: I don't have the first clue HOW, having never done so irl), but I'm curious just how high you have to "level up" to be entered into the raffle. If snow falls every hour, will people with jobs/obligations still have enough time/chances to get to the maximum level?

Also, since yeah, not a gamer here, how does my for gain "HP" and wth is HP? Why is it needed? And it says I have 1 exp. and need 1 exp. to get to the next level... with is exp and how do I *get* that exp? SO CONFUSING FOR NON-GAMERS!

HP stands for "hit points"--it's basically a number that tells you how much damage you can take before it's "game over" (or you need to switch characters). Or, in this case, since you have to repair your fort to continue participating in the event I would imagine (though since mine's not at zero, I dunno for sure). It's typically expressed in a ratio of X/Y, with X = current HP and Y = Max HP.

In this case, attacking other forts--and being attacked by them--generates the EXP. As you gain levels they will begin to require additional amounts of EXP to reach the next level. (I would imagine attacking generates more than defending, but I dunno I've only been attacked once and attacked another once)

As for how the building works... Right now, you basically look at the stats of each piece of snow. The more hearts it has, the more HP your fort will have. However, for more HP you have a larger cost of snow to put it down.

I'm assuming that snow will accumulate each hour, though I hope there isn't a low cap on how much can accumulate. I wonder if there'll be a cap at all?

No limit? How exciting!

I'm hoping to catch a Holly, but after spending the last hour doing nothing but stalking the AP and clicking on Hollies, my prospects aren't looking too great. sad.gif I think they're already gone by the time I see them. The event is still early, that's what I keep telling myself...

The snow fort thing looks like fun!

I'm just wondering if the max level will be reachable for those of us with jobs and stuff during the day. I'd love a chance at a prize, and it'd be nice to know that I can even get there.

No limits. Oh my... Halloween all over again! I adore the wrapping wings, and I've caught at least one of every type except a holly, now. I'm happy. smile.gif

man i sure am lucky tonight. i managed to get all 6 different holiday dragons including a holly and its a fourth gen with with a nice lineage. i am not complaining. when these cuties hatch i will breed my dragons for everyone. i am doing it that way because i want to claim one of the offspring. anyways i wish everyone luck. have a merry christmas and thanks mod team for doing this. i am curious if this means valentines day there will be no limit either now. off to bed i go...

Someone should come snowball me while I am having no luck catching anything x3

No limit? That's so flipping awesome! I just wish I could get back into the game... I missed this Halloween and now I'll miss this Christmas ;;

A very nice person bred me 5 2nd-gen Christmasdragons (=> first DC Christmas for me).

Now I'd only need a Holly (even if it's 1000x times inbred and ultramessy I'd be satisfied!) but I am afraid that it got harder because of the "no limits anymore" thing. To be honest, I was kinda looking forward to Christmas because the people who already had 2 dragons on their scroll wouldn't go hunting...oh well...typical "you cannot satisfy everyone" thing, I guess...

On another note, I have no idea how to build a snow fort! tongue.gif

i just need a few more hits on my fort to get more xp then i will toss out my snow to others who need xp

Im waiting on more snow, shouldnt be long. I need 2xp to level.. smile.gif

No limits. Oh my... Halloween all over again! I adore the wrapping wings, and I've caught at least one of every type except a holly, now. I'm happy. smile.gif

Exactly what I was thinking .. Halloween all over again. So much for thinking I was going to be able to get some past Xmas dragons now. Except unlike Halloween I do not have any older ones to trade for, so guess I will just have to be happy with the one or two I can catch from AP. Instead of thinking I was going to be able to actually get most of them.

In other words holiday is now no longer special anymore. It is a greed fest for those with decent or fast internet or those that have really good things they can trade. Cause that is so special. rolleyes.gif The only reason I liked Halloween is cause it was once a year and actually fit that holiday.

Bahh, ah well guess I will just have to have fun with the fort and be content with what I can get lucky enough.

Does the no limits mean we can keep some of what we breed or will they still auto?

ETA - Thanks Stromboli!

Edited by jocosa

Does the no limits mean we can keep some of what we breed or will they still auto?

Yep, you can keep one egg from the clutches you breed. :3

heh, i'll probably die all too quickly; i'm gonna be at work and therefore will have limited access to defend myself uwu

Bah, I released previous 2G dragons (except the one I had a mate for) to obtain ones from lines I wanted, as lines I was lucky enough to catch weren't the ones I wanted. Looks like I will have to trade for them this year. Well, it is a very nice feature and that is good that new holidays are capped at two.

Snow fort looks like a lot of fun though, I'll be spending a lot of time building mine. biggrin.gif

Happy holidays everyone!