5icky

ANSWERED:Codes instead of 'Unnamed'

Maybe this isn't an issue for other people, but it really bothers me when the dragons i don't name are labled as 'unnamed'.

I've now seen that many, many people do agree with me, having only a couple people not liking the idea, and even then, those people have offered suggestions as to how it could work out. A few good examples are like so:

V(original idea)V

1.) In the column which it says Unnamed, the word Unnamed is simply replaced by the code that you would see in lineages, Just as it is on your own scroll but other people see it as well.

2.) Unnamed with the Code as you would see it in lineages, under it.

Unnamed

(Code1)

3.) Have another column next to, under, or above the current name or unnamed dragon's name place.

(YUmcV)

Yum - Yum (YumcV)

(YUmcV)

4. Make it optional: Set on your own scroll, a check mark that says "show codes of Unnamed Dragons when viewing other scrolls" So that when you go to other people's scrolls, it doesn't show up as Unnamed to you. As to, if you Don't check the box, they will still show up as unnamed.

I have an Arsani with the code F0XeD that i usually keep at the top of my scroll for people to see...

Please continue to offer suggestions.

I read minimally, so forgive me if this was suggested and dropped; what about a button in the naming screen that says "show code for name" that would allow you to display the codes you love while still leaving truly unnamed dragons listed as unnamed.

Happy support time!

I support!

I have whole 1 1/4 pages of cool codes that i like to showoff! But, when people visit my scroll, all they see is Unnamed. It makes me sad that I have to keep a list outside the scroll for people to see what I have.

The fact dragons showed as "Unnamed" used to be convenient because it made it easier for me to search for unnamed dragons.

Now that we can sort to only show unnamed dragons, though, there's no need to keep that.

So I absolutely support changing "Unnamed" to the dragons' codes.  It was changed that way in the lineage and progeny lists, and it should be that way on the scroll itself as well!

What if, instead of codes or names, it's both? Say you have a dragon named Dragon A with the code 12345, it would appear on your scroll as Dragon A (12345). You also have another dragon, unnamed due to an appealing code. It would appear as Unnamed (CodeB). Its optional to have it appear as this. Thoughts?

DEFINITE support from me! I have a few that I want the codes displayed of without actually naming them (I feel like it's covering up their cool codes, even if you make their names identical to the code; it just looks more special when it's code).
Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Oh, haha, that's the reason why I named some of my dragons (exactly) after their codes - otherwise they are displayed as a dull "unnamed" biggrin.gif

Apart from that, I tend to leave most of my dragons unnamed because I like codes in general, not only word codes and the like (I'm a synaesthete, so every code ends up being a "colour scheme" to me or something like that - sometimes it's easier for me to memorise which dragon is which that way). And although I usually view my scroll via the "/dragons" page, where codes are visible, it would still be neat if codes were displayed on my scroll page, as well as other scrolls, too, at least according to my own settings or something.

Yes, I support. I think it needs to be optional, however.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Support! I have a few I haven't named because I like their codes, it's a shame those aren't displayed.

COMPLETELY AGREEABLE

I would love for it to be optional! That way, it's default for people to have their dragons as 'unnamed'

Thing is, i don't want to name my unnamed dragons, i leave them as codes because i like the italicized code.. It looks boring as regular named. If it could be optional, i'd be amazingly happy..

Support! From what I've seen, one of the main reasons people don't name their dragons is because they have neat/interesting codes. And it would help even the people who just plain don't name their dragons -- it's far easier to use BSAs and such when you have the code rather than just simply "unnamed."

I think maybe it should be an optional thing. I know I have several amusing codes that no-one gets to see.

I have a strict "Name ALL the things!" policy but tend to procrastinate and now have like 15 dragons I need to name. With an exception: anything with a nice code. Most are naughty or otherwise personal jokes, but I am quite proud of two of my CB Stripes: this frigid female and the clean-intentioned ungendered hatchling.

I would love to be able to show them off to others outside of the code-bragging thread, but they're staying in their Color Sort while they still are listed as "Unnamed".

support! I have a similar fox code. F0X25 or something close to that. (iz forgetful) I have taken the oath to name every dragon on my scroll, however if the code is kool enough that is what I name it.

Support. I love to leave some code dragons as is. But if I have a name that fits i'll name it. For example, I have a gold shimmerscale with 'oil' in his code. So I was gonna name him black gold as a reference to his code unfortunately it was taken so i named her Or Noir (French for black gold). Or my cb thunder with tit in its code so I named it thundertits. Or even my royal blue dragon with the code 'berbt' I left him unnamed. I mean how do I even work with that xd.png? I also even got a blusang with exit in its code. So I defiantly support.

I honestly expected a hundred different people to tell me that this had already been suggested or it wouldn't make a difference..

But i see that it's different. IMO it's rather pointless to have the codes displayed in the lineages if they are displayed as 'unnamed' on the scroll... If you get what i mean(that didn't come out completely right but whatever)

Yes, if it's optional to set it on your scroll so people can see the codes, i think that this is very reasonable.

Okay, maybe I'm being dumb, but where do they show as "unnamed"? I see the codes on mine, when using BSA's, breeding, and in lineage links…. From my perspective it looks like this is already in place. I'd support if it wasn't though.

Okay, maybe I'm being dumb, but where do they show as "unnamed"? I see the codes on mine, when using BSA's, breeding, and in lineage links…. From my perspective it looks like this is already in place. I'd support if it wasn't though.

On your scroll. If you have not named an adult or frozen hatchie, it shows as Unnamed.

If you go to your scroll through "dragcave.net/user/yournamehere", you will see "Unnamed" instead of codes. The same if you check a scroll of someone else, codes aren't displayed.

Support.

Support. I have several... entertaining codes. I'd love if it were more obvious.

[x] [x] [x] ...just my favorite three. wink.gif

I support!

I have whole 1 1/4 pages of cool codes that i like to showoff! But, when people visit my scroll, all they see is Unnamed. It makes me sad that I have to keep a list outside the scroll for people to see what I have.

If you go to your scroll through "dragcave.net/user/yournamehere", you will see "Unnamed" instead of codes. The same if you check a scroll of someone else, codes aren't displayed.

Oh, lol, I never realized it shows "Unnamed" if other people visit my scroll, as I always see the codes instead of "Unnamed" when I visit my scroll via dragcave.net/dragons.

Support!

Support. I have several... entertaining codes. I'd love if it were more obvious.

[x] [x] [x] ...just my favorite three. wink.gif

Woke up having a badish day, that first code had me laughing my butt off, i almost fell off my bed because i didn't expect it

Thank you everyone, maybe TJ will see this since i haven't gotten a single non supporter. It shouldn't be too much to add since you can see your own codes on your own page

Totally support!

I name most of my dragons, but it would be nice for others to see those who have remained unnamed for their codes.

The fact dragons showed as "Unnamed" used to be convenient because it made it easier for me to search for unnamed dragons.

Now that we can sort to only show unnamed dragons, though, there's no need to keep that.

So I absolutely support changing "Unnamed" to the dragons' codes. It was changed that way in the lineage and progeny lists, and it should be that way on the scroll itself as well!

So I absolutely support changing "Unnamed" to the dragons' codes. It was changed that way in the lineage and progeny lists, and it should be that way on the scroll itself as well!

My point exactly. Thank you.

I support this.

It would be useful as well, if you want to add your dragons to hatcheries and you don't have to switch to "Show all Codes of your Hatchies" page.

I completely support this option. I have only a couple of dragons that I've left unnamed because their code amused me, but I know code collectors often have dozens of dragons that simply show up as 'Unnamed'.

As with most things, I support this as an option rather than as an across-the-board change, as proposed by the subtitle on this post.